The Victorinox Hiker is the most valuable tool with the best usability to bulk/price ratio that you can put in a...

The Victorinox Hiker is the most valuable tool with the best usability to bulk/price ratio that you can put in a bugout/SHTF/survival/general emergency kit.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: 9010360778782_celum_148242_2000Wx1750H.jpg (2000x1750, 252K)

I fart and burp all the time. I seem to have gas constantly and I release it in some form approximately every 5 minutes. Apparently I do it in my sleep too.

If I'm on my own, surrounded by family or friends, I fart loudly without any attempt to conceal it. If I'm in public I still fart and burp but quieter. Even in work and in meetings I fart but I just do it quieter. They almost never smell, and even if they do its pretty mild and passes quickly.

There are only very rare circumstances in which I'll hold it in, the conditions have to meet all of the following criteria:

>I have eaten spicy food or drank lots of beer the night before
>I have farted a few times already and they fucking stink
>I'm in a social environment with people I'm not totally comfortable with

>most valuable best usability
>No scissors

The Fieldmaster is a close second place but it starts to add bulk with unnecessary tools and costs a bit more.

Attached: 8815677964318_celum_33501_1280Wx1120H.jpg (1280x1120, 68K)

How about the Compact for EDC?

Attached: 20180917_205709.jpg (2054x2827, 3.14M)

Get a leatherman and quit eurolarping

I'd opt for something with a screwdriver instead of a corkscrew, unless you're an avid wine drinker.

>leatherman
Heres your multitool bro

Attached: 693092000005.jpg (900x900, 40K)

>laughs in pliers

>ANY sak but the evogrip 18
Pretty much the best SAK out there boyo. In my pocket everyday(but in red), I'd carry this thing hell or high water.

Attached: sa24913c8x1000_1.jpg (1000x1000, 152K)

want a shitty version of multiple tools so tiny they're unusable? whoa epic it has a tooth pick and tweezers and a bottle opener I can use to open my IPAs around a campfire a quarter mile from the road

>laughs in leatherman

Its nice, but the Hiker is $25 and the Evogrip 18 is nearly $50

user, do you hear the word "morbid" often when visiting the doctor?

I've owned like 20 skas my whole life and only one multitool. Enjoy your nopliers waste of money that alcoholic boomers like my dad collect 12 of that never leave a box in the garage

There's a version of the Compact with a screwdriver instead, but it includes a rounded blade and it's out of production, IIRC. Can always take apart a Compact and replace it, I was actually planning to do so myself because I like such a thin SAK.

>gerberwerberwenger scissors and blades
no thanx

If there was a version of the fisherman with a saw included that'd be a perfect knife to me.

Attached: 8868162994206_celum_129761_2000Wx1750H.jpg (2000x1750, 334K)

Tell us where the SAK touched you, because you sound upset.

The better Victorinox is the Trekker. I have a Tinker, too. Tinker is a good edc. Leatherman beats either innawoodsing.

Meh, it's worth it though, was specifically look for one similar to the hiker or field master, but it had to have a nail file. I dislike the small second blades on SAKs, I dont see a point for them and would rather the nail file.

The Trekker looks like a Hiker without the small blade and sewing hole in the reamer but $20 more.

On the subject of Swiss army knives for emergency kits, you can get ferro rods that replace the toothpick.

Attached: 41175503334_1ccf79b7ac_b.jpg (1024x768, 168K)

My multitool blows ass
Tell me which one to buy. I don't need a knife because I always have a half dozen. I do need pliers and screwdrivers.
Help me obi wan kenobis, I've been drinking

What size?

I got the leather man rebar brand new for $40 on offerup.

Smaller than my EDC knife

Attached: 1848000C-17BA-4C1A-87A5-D624A486DC60.jpg (4032x3024, 3.74M)

>recommending shit to my sister for givemedats for christmas
>I want a leatherman
>she says its a scary assault weapon
>she shed rather get me a swiss army knife
>swiss ARMY knife
>I explain to her the use of it but she doesn't see it as anything other than a murder weapon
>while victorionix pansie tools are just fine
Fuck her Ill get my own leatherman for myself

It'll be in a backpack 99% of the time so damn big I guess
I'll look into it, thank you, but if its a cute little thing I can probably afford more size for more functions.

Also the Case Cheetah is cool as fuck, totally off topic. I will be reading responses and taking them seriously, thank you for the help and opinions.

If you're willing to spend a decent amount Leatherman
If cheap gerber
I edc a climber and have a ranger wood 55 /out/

>>I want a leatherman
>>she says its a scary assault weapon

It's a joke, isn't it ?

OP. If bulk and price is what matter then you can sharpen a steel nail and bend it in one end, and you have the supreme multitool. I've got SAKs and I've got multitools. The first is a gentleman's tool kit for jobs like opening a cardboard box, rigging a fishing rod or cleansing a pipe. The second is a workman's tool kit for emergencies like repairing your truck. To say that one is more valuable than the other is meaningless. They are built for only barely overlapping tasks.

>in a backpack
Just get some good pliers and a multi but screwdriver.

>most valuable tool for a bugout/SHTF/survival/general emergency
>not a bic lighter

I'd rather a toothpick for edc,

Your sister sounds retarded as fuck....is she hot?

Yes.

It's always the hot ones who're retarded.

I have the fieldmaster and I think it's the best in victorinox knives. I like the fieldmaster for EDC, and a leatherman for camping/backpacking and when I have a backpack at uni.

I think your sister might be retarded

I'm unsure whether to pick a Huntsman or an Outrider. They're pretty much the same SAK, but the Huntsman's smaller.

The huntsman is also cheaper.

Literally the fieldmaster

The Ranger is the best. Two extra layers, 5 more tools than the Hiker, including scissors, metal saw/file, parcel hook, an awl punch and a chisel. Great for woodworking. The perfect feel in the hand as it is the same thickness as its width.

Attached: ranger.jpg (1000x1000, 189K)

The corkscrew is really good at pulling apart tight knots. And it holds the mini screwdriver which is worth its weight in gold.

I have both a Leatherman and Victorionox or whatever and I kind of regret buying them
I never really use them, if there is a specific thing I need to do I can usually plan in advance and get a much better suited specific tool for it

Which Victorinox do you have?

Leatherman is the Remington of multitools.

>Two extra layers
Am I the only one who hates SAKs that are thicker than three layers or so? If I want that many tools and that much size/weight, I'll just use a proper Leatherman or other folding multitool.

Gee user, how come your mom lets you have four flat head screwdrivers?

How strong is the hook on these things?

Main blade on the Trekker is one-hand open, plain edge near the handle where you want it, and serrated further out in case you want to cut something that'll be hard on the edge. The main blade and can opener/small screwdriver both lock.

Knifeless Rebar.

We looking at the same knife?

Attached: Trekker.jpg (1038x680, 83K)

Sorry, Trekker 1 hand. Forgot there were options. Mine's black, like my wife's boyfriend.

Im working at a wine bar to put myself through school, and a lot of our bartenders have a tendency to pocket the corkscrews during a shift and forget to leave them behind at the end of the night.

I know mine is a VERY specific scenario, but holy shit I can’t tell you how much of a lifesaver it is to have a corkscrew always on my person during my work night.

Swap it out for German Army, its pure sex

Attached: 61MnXSvl-jL._SL1201_.jpg (1200x1201, 95K)

No tweezers or toothpick thou

me likey

Attached: 1519878071825.jpg (328x154, 32K)

Tweezers are a must. I'm one of those anons who actually, unironically has children

For anyone curious, these are actually German Army issue knives.

do they make one without a serrated blade

Just ask your sister for a blowjob and purchase the Leatherman yourself. Also, post pic of your hot sis.

The German army knife is just the standard Victorinox soldier knife with cheaper plastic cover and an angry turkey logo.

Attached: vt8461mwch$01-victorinox-soldatenmes-vt8461mwch-d1.jpg (675x450, 31K)

I have a Victorinox Huntsman and I prefer it over my Leatherman. If I think I'd need a pair of pliers handy, I would just carry a small pair desu.

Just reprofile it.

oh that is cool

I'd rather have a modest fixed-blade knife and a leatherman. In fact, that's what's in my BOB right now.

If we're talking Swiss Army style knives then I'd like a Work Champ. It has a locking blade and the tools are slightly larger than the standard swiss army models.

Attached: work_champ.jpg (560x490, 23K)

>non locking tools

Top kek

I would say the only multitool one ever needs is a leatherman wave, but for less than one third of its prices you can find an equally good ganzo G302B with all the screwdriver bits.

One would have to be an absolute retard to buy anything swiss for anything else but collection.

I'm sorry you cant figure out how to use a can opener without it closing on you.

The tools don't have full locks but the slip joint is more than enough for most tasks

>carrying a bulky leatherman everywhere you go

Not the one handed trekker? Nah nigga you gay.

Bulk doesn't stop you from carrying your smartphone, now does it? And that's a fuck of a lot less useful than a leatherman.

What sort of gigantic phone are you carrying, user?

I don't own a smartphone.

But those I see people carrying around look a lot bigger than a leatherman to me. Plus they've always got then out in their hands, usually while they're trying to juggle other things. Leatherman goes in my pocket. I don't even notice it's there unless I need to grab it for something.

>Bulk doesn't stop you from carrying your smartphone, now does it?
What retarded smartphone do you carry?
Also, just because I carry one bulky item, doesnt mean I should carry more bulky items

>And that's a fuck of a lot less useful than a leatherman.
Fuck, maybe if you're a legit 60yr old boomer, kys retard.

>Also, just because I carry one bulky item, doesnt mean I should carry more bulky items
Fair enough, but it does mean that bulk alone isn't a factor with what you are choosing to carry.

>>Fuck, maybe if you're a legit 60yr old boomer
I'm 35. Honest question: what exactly would I be using my phone for during the normal day? Texting? Browsing the web? social media? sorry, I have a real job, I don't have time for that. chatting with friends can wait until after work, when I'm home.

videos, web browsing, games? Sure, I loke tose things, but I'd rather do that on a big screen, not some dinky pocket toy.

You calling the rest of our kids ironic? >

>not being a cool wine aunt

I use my smartphone all the time, these posts were all typed on a smartphone. Honestly unless you work a job with zero downtime I dont see how you'd find a legit pocket sized computer not useful.

I like leathermans, they are good tools. The pliers are great but I can get by without them in exchange for a smaller package, my evogrip 18 can do so much. But it only seems use like a once a day every week at most.

If I worked some sort of trade or construction, yeah I'll carry a leatherman but for my uses I just dont need the bigger tools and pliers for my day to day.

I'll agree that the SAKs with like a dozen layers, 30 tools and are very thick are stupid. But I think the medium and small sized SAKs are far superior than the crappy tools they put on the equivalent sized tiny, small leathermans.

Come on grandpa its time to get off the internet and eat your oatmeal.

>I dont see how you'd find a legit pocket sized computer not useful.
I'm in a situation where either:
1) I have a real computer so there's no reason to muck around with a tiny one
-or-
2) I'm working with machinery or hand tools, during which time I can't use any sort of computer because my attention is wholly occupied with my work

>> But I think the medium and small sized SAKs are far superior than the crappy tools they put on the equivalent sized tiny, small leathermans.
I agree 100%.

And honestly, while I think the really thick SAKs are silly for normal carry, they almost make sense for a BOB, since it's something you aren't carrying around with you all the time, rather it would only be for emergencies.

I only ironically have kids

Looks worse.

You can get these for 30 leafs used on eBay. Great knife basically replaced my camper model I love also.

one handed trekker master race here
I mean leathermans are cool but Ive never used the the pliers. which was the whole point.

if you want more of a knife get a trekker.

Attached: rapala.jpg (1024x768, 231K)

The Swisstool Spirit is better. It's thinner than a 3-layer SAK and not much bigger in footprint, and not all that much heavier. It offers more tools, including pilers, while being thinner and lighter than a Leatherman and the build quality is excellent, as expected from Victorinox.

Get a Spirit, Leatherman a shit. I've owned half a dozen or more LMs, as well as SOG, Gerber, etc., and the Spirit blows them all out of the water.

Attached: 8851873857566_celum_116614_1280Wx1120H.jpg (1280x1120, 67K)

Swisstools are very nice tools, far superior to Leatherman tools, however, most people cant afford to just throw a $100+ tool in any kind of emergency/survival kit or b.o.b. that they're probably not going to use.

But as an edc multitool with full size pliers Swisstool is the best option.

I dunno man. I'm an electrician / plumber. I use my multi tool all the time, I rather use my leatherman wave over my spirit x, or army explorer by Victorinox.

Interesting, I used to be a mechanic/fabricator and I liked my Spirit much more than any of the Leatherman or other tools I used on the job. The finish is much more rust and corrosion resistant and easier to clean than LMs and it was easier to carry around all the time, I usually kept it in the 5th pocket of my jeans/work pants, which meant I could pull it out without sticking dirty hands inside my pocket but also didn't have to wear a belt pouch thingy that was always in the way when crawling around inside a car or trying to sit in racing seats (90% of our business was race/track cars) to move a car around the shop.

Swiss army knives btfo

What would be a good first Victorinox knife?

>first Victorinox knife
:^)

Attached: mfv.jpg (1002x719, 106K)

Super tinker or climber

Stop tempting me