Early on the P90 seemed to be the winner with more countries/agencies buying them

>early on the P90 seemed to be the winner with more countries/agencies buying them
>now it seems as though most people are buying the MP7

Why is this? What about the P90 made it more attractive in the beginning, only for the MP7 to eclipse it and vice versa?

Attached: index.jpg (236x214, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20061016074936/http://www.global-defence.com/2006/Utilities/article.php?id=40
heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp7a1/mp7a1/ammunition.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

politics, favorable prices if you buy other products from the same company

>source: my ass

Putting the bullet clip in through the trigger handle puts the bullets in line with the gun tube, which is more faster for shooting and being ready. The mp7 also has a folding front handle in case you need to spray and pray. Ive used both in Phantom Forces on Roblox, and i have to say that the mp7 is much better feeling, but the p90 reloads less because its bullet clip is bigger.

Attached: 1535858060792.jpg (387x453, 88K)

web.archive.org/web/20061016074936/http://www.global-defence.com/2006/Utilities/article.php?id=40

Wait is this true or are you just pulling this out of your ass OP? Because last I heard was in 2010 and NATO was kind of meh on the MP7. I do remember seeing MP7s on the coalition special forces guys corpses that ISIS put online to brag about bagging some spooky types. Is this German political power getting an HK product ramrodded? Because independent assessment by NATO inspectors prefers 5.7.

Now the NATO assessment is from the viewpoint of an Army seeking a PDW in a conventional war. Something for the truck drivers, artillerymen, and guys carrying the squad's radio. Its worth noting that the kind of people who are adopting the MP7s are security forces and spooky types for whom the form factor of the weapon is appealing and aren't as worried about having enough bullet weight to break shit on any hit at any range. The units using the MP7 are doing high-speed security work kicking doors and arresting terrorists. The only regular armies to adopt the MP7 as a weapon of conventional war are Germany, because HK, and Norway for some reason.

The P90 is in a similar boat being a rather non-standard weapon albeit slightly more common in the hands of the regular army types, but the Germans rejected the Belgian design despite everyone else in NATO wanting to standardize on 5.7x28mm as a PDW cartridge, a modern .30 carbine for PDWs and door kicking gun. Imagine if 5.7 was standardized and a new generation of 21st-century submachine guns emerged to fill a niche largely left unfilled after the mid20th century stock of SMGs were used up.

I was basing my assumptions off of the dead dudes with MP7's and that you do see images floating around of CIA tier dudes with the MP7 but I see none of the P90. I rarely even see pics from within the past couple years of the P90 in use with police departments.

NATO was a mistake

Everybody pretty much agreed the P90 was better for their original intended role, giving them to any civvie/conscript who wants one and having them defend from Soviet human waves. NATO found the 5.7 to be a better cartridge too, but now that opr8rs need small AP guns the MP7 is the better choice.

no, germany was

Way to make up a bunch of shit user

The MP7 looks neater and is smaller, shame about its proprietary round.

Both have a proprietary round, which isnt surprising considering both were the first weapons designed around the PDW concept.

P90 is definitely more popular, at least in the US.

The P90 is used officially by 3 federal agencies, DHS, ICE, and USSS, as well as several large police departments.

The MP7 is used by DEVGRU and some small town in California.

Unofficially/Civilian I'd say the PS90 is, while not insanely common, at least available. I do not know of a civilian variant of the MP7 because HK does not seem to care about the civilian market.

FN isn't in as dire financial outlook like H&K and they will sell you anything. Do you think HK would be a civilian MG3 and G36? FN will sell you a semi M249, M4 Carbine, P90, and the ammo to go with it.

They may suck on customer service and modern handguns, but they offer way more than HK and way more than Sig who offers too many choices at absolutely lowest price.

H&K has financial difficulty?

Kek for obvious clip bait.

The MP7 is god tier suppressed which is why it's common with SOF. P90 is superior as a PDW and the 5.7 is the better AP cartridge but it does not fill that niche.

T. Guy who magdumped one multiple times in a shoot house demo with an HK rep. Indoor fans are louder.

P.S. the MP7 NOT the 416 domed Osama.

If both the p90 and mp7 are suppressed, what makes the mp7 superior than the p90?

>shoot house demo with an HK rep.

So you were given preferential treatment to experience something cool, probably to go talk it up to everyone you can

Plan Morgenthau when?

mp7 is smaller and much less complex

mfw i hear someone saying that the mp7 is a better firearm than the p90

Attached: tealc delet this.png (400x267, 261K)

mp7 is more compact and ergonomic
the ballistics of both rounds are ass

>much less complex
How the fuck does putting a ramp inside of the magazine make the P90 significantly more complex?

pics of dead spooks?

Having shot a PS90, the thumbhole grip is kinda awkward. I didn't do speed drills of anything, but I'd wager that it's slower to reload than a more conventional design, too. It's also, quite obviously, bulky as fuck compared to an MP7. And I don't see how the extra barrel length does anything but make it an inferior AR.

Granted, it's all speculation on my part, but the P90 seems to have a lot of disadvantages compared to an MP7, for no real practical benefits. Meme machine extraordinare that everyone loves because it was in Stargate.

Smaller bore diameter, gas piston vs blowback, actually runs properly with subs. Little shit that makes a big difference.

Kek. For the record I have a PS90 on order and would rather have it over a semi MP7 if available.

People saying the MP7 is tiny and that's why it's more popular haven't handled one. It's still pretty big. Definitely not a micro uzi or tp9/mp9 at all.

It's simply quieter than the MP5SDs that were fielded in the same role.

Yea, if the German army didnt pickup the HK433 they would have been bankrupt.

Their bodies were posted to the right of the guns, cant find the original.

Attached: 762d986d7cf58de9.jpg (640x360, 30K)

Id like to add that the size misconception probably comes from the licensed gbb airsoft gun which is 80% scale iirc.

Mp7 in 5.7 would be pretty neat i think.

On mobile with shit connection. I remember the threads from like 3,4,5,6? Years ago. Best picture I got from the desuarchives from a Jow Forums thread around that time.
They were French and it was 2 spooks. It started some dumb shit posting about pdws when it happened.

Attached: FC963121-C7D4-4EA5-B5D7-C5BB3A97B380.jpg (300x168, 25K)

This guy fucks.

P90's 5.7 BTFO MP7's 4.6 in all NATO's tests, it was Germany shilling for HK that prevented the P90 from being adopted as the official PDW of NATO.

If it's good enough for the Combine it's good enough for me

Basically German government bailouts keep them afloat and their import/export laws are detrimental to business.

It's why the same government laughed at the 416 because it's insanely expensive and doesn't offer much more than a M4A1 with a CHF barrel since matter HKs memeing, neither are LMGs.

Attached: 1482246346509.jpg (670x412, 82K)

But history channel told me the mp-7 was the future of automatic weapons, and that it was an evolution of the Thompson.

Why won't they do what Sig and FN did and open up manufacturing/HQ in the US and make civilian versions?

MP7
>in service 2001-present
P90
>in service 1991-present

They literally already have a plant in the US yet they "will focus on pistols and the MR series rifles". HK hates civies and does everything they can to not make money by selling to them.

>t. someone who loves their products but hates the company.

Bank of Germany.

>MP7 is god tier suppressed
???

How is a ~40 grain projectile going slower than sound god tier???? Unless you want to run with supersonic rounds, in which case you just reduce your signature slightly, which isn't useful for the MP7 because you aren't going to be using it at super long range.

You sound so full of shit.

Bullpup trigger systems are prone to having something somewhere go weong and expending casings out of the bottom of the gun can get messing in a close quarters environment, where it’s supposed to shine.

Lol.

>P.S. the MP7 NOT the 416 domed Osama
what

No seriously. The subsonic loads max out at 210J... heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp7a1/mp7a1/ammunition.html

That's less energy than a lot of 22lr. Why not use subsonic 9mm or even 45ACP? Because there is no way that is penetrating level IIIA and obtaining wounding depth, which is bare minimum nowadays with most militaries that issue armor having it be at least level III.

>ackshully according to my graphs!
Lol

Attached: fuck off retard.png (744x1340, 73K)

>I read a WIKI article about the role of PDWs based on a 25+ year old NATO request so I'm incapable of reading the thread and getting first hand feedback on why the P90 died and the MP7 thrived in it's new niche
Lol memes won't protect you from your stupidity.

>heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp7a1/mp7a1/ammunition.html
>RUAG 77gr
>Fiocchi 65gr
Not seeing your 40gr subsonics.
>less energy than a lot of 22lr
But both better than any subsonic .22LR on the market.
Yeah, subsonics suck. But for .17 caliber, those are pretty impressive.

Now I want copper-plated tungsten .22LR subsonics, damn it.

You mean the company the bongs owned during the 90s? that shitpile is always in financial difficulty.

didn't Osama shoot himself in the head? Why did Osama have a MP7?

What retard told you that lmao? He "reached" for a gun and got deaded.

he never died and probably never existed as a man by that name, the entire war was a (((ruse)))

Maybe the guys with P90s are just better at not dying?

>Ive used both in Phantom Forces on Roblox

Attached: 97.jpg (512x512, 18K)

Whats all the 4.6x30 ammo on the civilian market even for? Only thing I can even think of is dealer sample MP7s.