WML General

Those whombst hold wisdom, enlighten us without.
Buddy will sell me an OLight for $50.
Redpill me on weapon mounted lights.
From what I hear, Surefires are among the best but I can't justify even a +$150 light and I'm almost done with the AR9.

ITT: Weapon mounted lights, user experiences, lifetime of Chinesium shit like OLight

Attached: 20181129_181003.png (714x527, 120K)

>lifetime of Chinesium
never long enough
Streamlight, or surefire, are pretty much best value while still being acceptable quality
>redpill me on WMLs
Can you see in the dark? Do you live somewhere that night doesn't happen? No? You need a WML.

seems like a decent intro light, the more expensive ones have more complicated internals that can handle the shock/recoil and will be last longer if youre kicking the shit out of it

Can I trust a Chinesium light to last a few range trips and turn on and off for a few months before I can upgrade to a streamlight?
>can you see in the dark?
Yeah no shit I need a WML. I meant "Let's discuss various WML options, pros and cons, etc." Anyone but ESL's can figure that out
Hey thanks

>Buddy will sell me an OLight for $50.
Fifteen doras sir.

Attached: 1495155314934.png (657x527, 21K)

Yo I had just started looking into WMLs the other day and almost made a thread earlier.

I'm looking for a light that can work for HD and CCW, since I've got a M&P 2.0c. Never owned a WML before, I don't even EDC a flashlight (I know that I should). Mainly considering a TLR-7.

I've seen a lot of praise for these olights from youtube fags but it's so overt it sketches me out, especially since I keep seeing Mrgunsngear posting about sales. Wouldn't be doing that if he weren't getting some kind of kickback. The Mini valkyrie is kind of appealing because it's almost as low-profile as the XC1 (which is out of my budget) and the lumens aren't bad.

Main thing that sketches me out is the non-replaceable rechargeable battery. That seems like a recipe for disaster when the battery eventually runs out of charges. Other issue being that the contact points for the charger seem like a failure point.

If someone could convince me that these are non-issues I'd probably get it, because I really like the low profile, but as is it really sketches me out and I lean toward the Streamlight.

Attached: Weapon Lights.jpg (1024x578, 64K)

Tlr-1 hl for my 500? Any others to consider? budget at/around $100

>since I keep seeing Mrgunsngear posting about sales.
He's been doing that for years, and some are pretty decent sales/

>Shits on chinesium
>Suggests streamlight
niggauwat.jpg

I like streamlight, but they are chingchong made bro. OP Only problem I ever had with a WML was the inforce one sold through haley strategic. Got a shitload of streamlights and an x300u. All great.

For a pistol light where I don't care about size, I would take the x300 in a heartbeat. 90% over the switch vs. a TLR 1/2 HL. 10% looks better. X300U is harder to accidentally activate, and you push forward on the switch for momentary vs. the TLR 1/2 fucking easily turned on rotate up for constant/rotate down for momentary (which is reversed on the other side because lever and because fuck you.)
Subcompacts get a TLR6 because no one really makes anything that competes.
Rifles get a streamlight pro-tac HLX. This is a hilarious light for the money. Fucking buy it.
TLR7/8 are decent too, I just hate their fucking switch that they share with the TLR6.

I got an M&P 2.0 compact and a TLR7. 1000ish rounds through it. No problems so far. But that doesn’t really answer your question.

I have 5 weapon lights:
>3x various Chinese airsoft-tier lights from Amazon, no brand or markings
>a Streamlight Polytac
>a Surefire M600df Ultra Scout
The Surefire M600 is clearly the best, no need to even discuss that. The next best is the Streamlight Polytac (pic related, left), which was about $40. This thing has held up to a good amount of .223 so far, which isn't saying much, but I like it. It has a really nice push button back that is easy to do half pushes for temporary on and a full click for permanent on. Mounts to normal 1" rings.
As far as the 3 pistol style lights from Amazon, they all cost about $22 and they are a mixed bag. One completely broke before one battery even died. One works well, but the push button switch is uncomfortable, and it is a bit wobbly on the rail. One has always worked well for me since 2012, has good battery life, comfy switches, and a sturdy lock to the rail (pic related, right). That's a total crapshoot. For the $150 price point, look into streamlight and o-light.

Attached: 2018-11-29 17.45.21.jpg (1050x822, 603K)

As opposed to which weapon light that *isn't* made in China, exactly?

1000 rounds is a decent amount but some people do that in a day. Then again, no on is going to use 1000 rounds in a home/general defense situation unless you own an xm556 kek. I would expect a basic bitch chinesium light to last 1000 rounds. I'd expect a surefire to last +5000 rounds and being dropped x amount of times. Some of their lights are +$300

How do Olight, Streamlight, and Inforce compare to each other for baby's first wml? Specifically the mini, pl2, tlr1 and 7, and aml.
Is it true I should go for whatever's brightest, or are there other factors to consider?
I heard places with white walls like mine can give some big splash back.
Is it that valuable to have a wml for my nightstand gun over keeping a small flashlight there?

What do you think of laser/light modules for conceal carry pieces?

Attached: a11d6c03-ecc0-4f80-bd54-f50a2f8ddf43.jpg._CB279753276_.jpg (2200x2200, 409K)

Not him but 1000 rounds is also literally two police careers worth of ammo. If it can make it that far I can probably not have to worry about anything but batteries for...however the fuck long I decide to keep it.

The TLR-6? Great for what it is and the fact that there isn't any real competition for it. The button layout is kinda meh (push and hold and its momentary, cuts off when you release button. For constant on push and quickly release. GEE THIS WON'T END BADLY.) and cycling modes light/lightlaser/laser is done by pressing the two activation buttons simultaneously.

You will have to custom make every holster you ever have with this setup. Worth it to have on a pistol, and it doesn't change concealability much. I pocket carry a G43/TLR6 just fine.

I just mean in general, that was a random image I grabbed to make my post noticed

Well the laser is of meh utility, but if I have the option and I can at all spare the bulk, I want a light. So I think that part is pretty fucking awesome.

Olight is fine btw.

just bought a TLR-1 HL it is definitely plenty bright, someone would have to explain to me the effectiveness of strobe and I will say it might be a little too easy to activate.

There's not really any advantage to the strobe, it just looks cool.

You can disable the strobe function by tapping the temporary on switch 10 times, holding it on the tenth until the light extinguishes. To enable it again, do the same process.

Strobes at the right FPS (for lack of a better word) and lumens can fuck someone's eyes up momentarily. Then again, the person behind the gun will get a real life stop motion animation of their target fleeing or charging. I don't think I like the idea of strobes, after strobing some assholes with my old edc light at a bar I worked at.
Fucker was like
>that's neat
I thought it would work better after having fried my own retinas with it once and using it on a couple other people with satisfactory results.

why does viridian never get any love?

Attached: viridian_x5l_green_laser.gif (900x600, 436K)

Does anyone have anything to bitch about with their TLR-7? Literally anything at all?

The TLR-3 provides about as much illumination as the inbred bug from the Frog Princess, so this is looking like the only option for a p30sk.

Attached: tlr-7.jpg (425x331, 18K)

Button function for momentary/strobe is the same as TLR6. That's a love/hate thing

Thanks. Also the TLR 1 HL battery compartment is a little tricky to get into initially as the instructions arent the greatest.

>Just got my Inlight APLc
>I’m happy

>two police careers
So cops only kill 500 niggers per career or they literally never train? I've been slacking fucking hard this year, I'm a civilian and I'm still at 400ish rounds.

The Olights are actually pretty fucking great. I have an M2R Warrior as my EDC light, and I swapped my streamlight TLR1 for a Olight PL Mini. It's fucking tiny, bright as fuck, has a long battery, and has held up to 1500 rounds of 9mm out of a Beretta 92A1 and a Sig MPX pistol.

I liked the PL Mini the best out of the TLR1 and Valkyrie. TLR1 was eh and had paddles that were too easy to activate, the Valkyrie was WAY too bright for indoor use, the mini was just about perfect.

>I like streamlight, but they are chingchong made bro

not exactly. They used to be, but a lot are assembled in the US. Some parts are still sourced from asia (like the LED) but I think the housings are machined in the US now.

>Officer "I shoot for qual every year and thats all"
>Officer "I havent drawn my gun in 10 years and i'm proud of that fact!"
>Officer "Yea I have a gun so what"

>shoot for qual
That's a lazy fuck of a cop
>muh 10 years
That's ideal, aside from qual
>so what
Go join the fire department

Agreed on all counts, but these fuckers exist and they're far from rare.

Sounds like good shit. I'm gonna take the gamble on my buddy's OLight most likely. I know it works, I was just concerned about how much longer it would last

I've had my Olight PL Mini Valkyrie for just over a year now. It's literally never given me one issue. You guys can shill for Surefire as much as you like, but it doesn't change my experience. I can't speak for dropping the light and rolling around on the ground in the kind of abuse LE or military might put it through, but the light works like a champ at the range and for EDC. I'm not saying the Olight can't take any abuse; I'm just saying I haven't tested it beyond putting a few thousand rounds through the gun with it attached. If you need a light that is proven to take a beating, your only option is Surefire. If all you need is a reliable concealed carry WML, the Olight does a great job at an unbeatable value. Just be sure of your needs and make the purchase that is right for you. From the perspective of a concealed carrier, I've got nothing but good things to say about Olight.

Attached: 20171120_003202.jpg (4032x3024, 1.04M)

Most of us will buy a new gun before spending that much on a laser-light.

I have an APLc, it was a good choice when it came out for a flush light for a Glock 19, but ultimately the TLR7 and the XC1-B are better choices in the current market for that specific desire.

Attached: IMG_Iceberg_20180627_192013_processed.jpg (1489x1208, 339K)

TLR1 is my favorite right now

Attached: IMG_20181129_201317.jpg (704x938, 97K)

a e s t h e t i c

Attached: Apu gib.png (778x512, 45K)

Is there a reason that the TLR-7 is less than half the price of the XC1-B, aside from the Streamlight name? There are tons of horror stories about the early XC1's eating lithium batteries in 2-3 days, even with the light off.

>Is there a reason that the TLR-7 is less than half the price of the XC1-B
Streamlight is Chinese made and has a lower level of QC than Surefire products. That being said, the Streamlight is a very good product for the price you pay, especially in the form factor and performance that the TLR7 provides. Ultimately it's up to you if the activation method fits what you want.
>There are tons of horror stories about the early XC1's eating lithium
I did specify XC1-B for that reason, as well as the B model has much better activation switches.

Attached: hqdefault (22).jpg (480x360, 26K)

Damn that looks nice. Is it grey or just FDE with weird lighting?

Attached: IMG_20181125_154304.jpg (1458x2592, 925K)

Just the standard FDE on the 5" M&P

Got this in the mail today. Decided to meme out with the laser, it's pretty fucking cool.

Attached: IMG_0336.jpg (4032x3024, 1.42M)

>Those whombst hold wisdom...Redpill me...lifetime of Chinesium shit like OLight

A Chinese company called iTP was making flashlights about a decade ago. I picked one up and fondled it. The threading felt well made, the end cap had good positive clicks, the toggle switch was well placed and felt good, it was very small, and lumens were decent. Being poor as fuck, I bought it; an SC1 Eluma.

Attached pic is that same flashlight a decade later. It's been through EDC, rain, shine, HVAC, oil field, hunting, pub crawls, mechanic work, and the military. It's dinged up and the finish is worn, but it runs like new. I didn't have high expectations, but this light has taken a decade of abuse and is still going.

iTP was a subsidiary of Olight. When I heard everyone praising the PL-2 and mini, I wasn't surprised. I ordered both for the 40% black friday discount; mounting to an AR and a Glock. I also recently picked up an Olight S1A Mini for light work. Durability is excellent, though its features make it unsuitable for EDC. If their weapon mounted lights are half as tough as their EDC lights, you're not going to break it.

I'd be curious to see some mini/pl-2 torture tests and comparisons with surefire/streamlight alternatives.

Attached: iTP SC1.jpg (1062x1206, 552K)

>not knowing the difference between cheapshit chinesium and higher quality products simply made in or partially sourced from China
Not everything Chang makes is shitty, just most of it

Surefire is pretentious shit for fags who like to pay more for less.
Streamlight is the best
Olight is fine, I've got that light and it works, nothing to complain about.

Viridian is fucking trash. Their products are basically airsoft-tier. Stick with olight, streamlight, and surefire.

Attached: 907C199D-E22D-4409-BAE0-65CA21AD72B1.jpg (4032x2571, 3.53M)

Copfag here, can confirm. I shoot a lot because it's a hobby for me. But most of the guys I work with don't give a fuck and see it as a pain in the ass to do any shooting besides yearly qualification.

This is true. My aunt was a 28 year veteran of LAPD and she detailed how it changed over the years.
>she used to get free training ammo
>then it was 1000 rds a year
>then 500
>and finally now you get your own ammo unless you are doing official department training

WMLs are based for fighting in the dark.

I have one on a g29. Kinda awkward to turn on. Button isn't great. And I've got big hands so it's not a reach issue.

Is there such thing as an extremely compact light w/ tape switch?

I have an AR with 7” barrel and putting just about anything on the rail cramps me up.

Why not just mount a long light at the very front?

Does anyone know of a good rechargeable CR2 battery?

Are Crimson Trace lights any good? I haven't seen any more compact.

Attached: 1548832_01_crimson_trace_lightguard_for_g_640.jpg (640x480, 34K)

I like mine well enough. It's bright and doesn't scatter too bad

Attached: IMG_20181117_143936.jpg (1458x2592, 975K)

OP here
I'm planning on putting this pistol light at the 12:00 with a BUI front right behind it. 11"barrel AR9. This could be an option for you