I suddenly have a weird craving to buy a single-shot 12 ga for no particular reason...

I suddenly have a weird craving to buy a single-shot 12 ga for no particular reason. Should I just drop ~$130 on a Pardner?

Attached: 20552-DEFAULT-l.jpg (900x540, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I6kWc6cyiyE
wholesalehunter.com/Product/Details/11262333?source=A10003
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s02oe2l-ZnE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Midland Backpack is a better option for the same price:
youtube.com/watch?v=I6kWc6cyiyE

the wood one looks better imho.

I got an old pre-serial H&R topper 20 ga for $60 and it works great. I assume a similar 12 ga would also be perfectly fine.

Go wood. New have have shit plastic. And then get some gun adapter dot com brand shell adapters for 22lr and 9mm. Not incredibly accurate but worth the cheap plinking.

Do it. It's a great way to introduce someone to firearm safety, since all you need to do to PROVE the gun safe is open the action while pointing in a safe direction.

Gun safety, sure. But I wouldn't hand someone a single shot 12 ga for their first time shooting. Those things kick like w fucking mule.

Light target loads and a healthy recoil pad.

Holy shit 5lbs 13 ounces

>tfw recently picked up a single shot shotgun for my first gun besides a .22
>125lb 6' skeleton
Fuck.

Attached: fb94cf79a3f720f907669296bc5c3b207702509848811f750878d09e43e17f57.jpg (640x792, 56K)

You think that's bad, imagine with a 13" barrel.

Bend your knees, tuck it into your shoulder nice and tight, lean forward and let the recoil push you backwards, straightening your back. Start with mild loads and you'll be fine.

>I suddenly have a weird craving
That'll go soon if you buy it. Don't buy things unless you know you really want them.

They're not too bad, especially if you're just shooting 7 or 8 shot target loads

Having an extra gun that you can hand to a friend, family member or trade for goods is always a good thing.

Hell, if you're in a pinch, a break-action shotgun would be a good host for BP loads.

>6' 125lbs

Holy shit user

Don't remind me. I literally look like I'm straight outta Auschwitz.

>tfw eating food makes me puke because it all takes fucking disgusting.

Attached: No hope.png (451x475, 182K)

user, go see a doctor.

user you may be dying that’s not healthy at all

You may be dying, but I bet you make a cute girl (boy)

You need to need see a doctor. I'm a fucking 5'4 mantlet and weight about the same weight. How the fuck are you still alive?

Uh, bud, I think there's something wrong with you. You should get that seen about.

Ana/Mia is a bitch

Please see a doctor user. That sounds bad.

Dominion Arms Backpacker with a standard AT keyboard for scale.

(I am Leaf so is legal.)

Attached: 20141128_095433.jpg (1280x720, 344K)

I can't spend more on firearms right now, but I think it'd be a fun gun. The only thing that'd be more fun is if it had a threaded choke for making weird experimental rounds.

I have one. Easily a very fun gun. Great for camping or incidental hunting. I hunt deer with it using an adapter and shoot 20ga slugs out of my 12ga. Kicks the same as my muzzleloader. It has a pussy pad installed.

>straight outta Auschwitz.
That'd be a rap album I'd listen to.

>fuck the SS coming straight from the underground

Fuck no, I get the urge about twice a year.

Ssbb's are a lot of fun. I bought one the day i turned 18 and still have fun at the range with it. I always take it with me, and i have 20 guns

Can confirm. But mostly with slugs,

Shot or buckshot isn’t that bad. Mini shells are fun and there aren’t any feed issues so you can use them as short as you can find.

I’ve got a very thick recoil pad on mine

They’re also a blast to use sub caliber inserts with, Ive got a .22, 9mm, and a 20 gauge insert for mine.

Attached: 31829C66-5D2E-4FF9-BE26-7F36D7D9DDDB.jpg (1125x1385, 1.19M)

What kind of groups do you get doing that ? I’d love to see some targets I have a 20 gauge adapter too and I hadn’t thought of trying a sub caliber slug

$83 at Wholesale Hunter
wholesalehunter.com/Product/Details/11262333?source=A10003

Which high school do you go to so I can avoid it tomorrow.

>>tfw eating food makes me puke because it all takes fucking disgusting.
How does blood taste to you at the moment ? If so, I have something to tell you...

>39870756
>tfw eating food makes me puke because it all takes fucking disgusting.

You had any organ transplants recently? If so I'm afraid there's some bad news...

Smoke weed

>5’5” manlet
>135ish lbs
>considered slim

You’re like legitimately anorexic, eat some fucking protein for gods sake

Hell I even have 20 gauge single shot and that thing rapes my shoulder. I am a twig but it kicks way heavier than my Mosin with slugs and buckshot.

Does can it ship to us and if so how much are you looking for for it?

>shooting .22lr out of a 12ga.
>not incredibly accurate

Attached: 1535419414136.jpg (718x960, 110K)

Are you me?
>6'3" 125 lbs
I love my shotty though even though the kick can suck

where can i get a cheap double barrel? like 200-300 bucks or less?

justfuckmybarrelup.com

Lol it works fine,

I laughed though, I brought it to he range and showed the ro and he left the line and watched from the airlock the first few times I fired it in case it exploded on me

Do people just not what a barrel insert is?

Maybe a used stoeger. They're made in brazil. A friend and I just picked up 2 new ones for $450 each. His has the single trigger while mine is the double. They're a little rough, and the trigger is a bit heavy. They're both pretty easy to fix, and they wear in a bit over time too. Check out arms list and local shops for something used that's a bit older too. You never know what you will find especially if it's more of a rural area. It's shotgun heaven where I'm at selection wise.

Attached: stoeger.jpg (3588x594, 91K)

Yes.
They can make good SHTF guns.

Attached: xcaliber-email.jpg (864x1296, 258K)

Unironically this . Only thing that gets my wife to eat

How is a pardner 12 gauge single shot? Will it last? Or is it shit?

My Winchester 370 is having an issue where it wants to break open after being fired. I've even used fishing line on a test bed to make sure I'm not accidentally flicking the latch release lever and it still popped open. Is there any fix or is it just worn out?

It will outlast you. Save the trigger guard, which is plastic. They’re well made with few moving parts.

G2g, been used killing everything under the sun by rednecks since forever.

Attached: boq4moqcmaasubi1.jpg (598x438, 79K)

I know that feel 6'1 123 pounds My friends call me a holocaust survivor (because im jewish) as a joke.
Im getting medication to make me hungry but food taeste terrible

Attached: 0f7.png (1500x1758, 1.83M)

No lie, I kinda want a small SxS with exposed hammers and double trigger. Ideally with ejectors. I'm thinking 12 inches.

Attached: Dominion Arms Outlaw.jpg (800x246, 13K)

From what I hear, it's a rebrand of Hawk's 870 clone. If that's the case, they're pretty damned good. Some fitting my be required on some aftermarket stuff, but they're beefy.

shotgun generali

There are a lot of vintage single shots around.

Attached: 5C8EA105-F086-471F-ABFB-79ABE98FE804.jpg (2592x1936, 1.31M)

It’s a continuation of the H&r pardner, almost identical to the topper.

Yes, but in 20ga.
You'll thank me.

Attached: 20180526_202205.jpg (1536x2560, 821K)

mine did that once. but mine is at least half a century old I was told and all the lettering on it is worn off so all I know about it is that it is 12 gauge and the barrel is cut shorter because no sight on the end of the barrel and whoeversawed off the barrel was either blind or didn't care because how crudely it was done

I use a single shot 12 for squirrel hunting when I'm not using a 22. It's easily my favorite gun to shoot. So simple and utilitarian.

I’ve had this Pardner for about 18 years(ish). I shoot it once a month. She is holding up fine, It’s killed a ’Yote, Turkeys, A pibble, and endless amounts of clays. Pretty’s solid investment by my dad I would say. I’m gonna give it to my kid one day.

Attached: C2BCA51A-1B7A-4215-8951-A748431EFA86.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

Attached: 5C87AD7E-B3D1-4012-8626-B8E6A8374DAB.jpg (4032x3024, 1.6M)

I had that feel and I had nickel poisoning, look into it.

I stick with 12 gauge to match my pumps. Just easier on the ammo storage/sorting. Scored me a Baikal for cheap used, totally worth it.

Attached: Baikal Mp18 love.jpg (800x300, 98K)

Go to your local pawn shop. The one near me has a barrel of them for $50 a pop

The spring for the latch might be worn, the inertia of firing may be over coming your spring

get a used Winchester 37 instead. it was made back before commoditization ruined entry-level guns

Why are you guys so stupid for

Attached: Screenshot_20181202-072036.jpg (1080x2340, 374K)

If I give you $300 can you send me 4?

See if you can get one cheaper. Got this for $50, cleaned it up a bit, and now I have a silly 12ga that I can use for dicking around.

pic was before getting a trigger guard for it.

Forgot pic

Attached: bPm9e6R.jpg (1920x532, 464K)

Attached: o8AmVNp.jpg (1920x1080, 768K)

F

Why hasn't Jow Forums produced a picture of two of these zip tied together

I just can't imagine you could hit the broadside of a barn with that.

Christ bud smoke some weed and eat some food

Maybe start considering smoking weed to get the munchies to at least get your weight up to 160 man

>Smoke weed for pain
>Actually forget to eat when I smoke
I remember getting munchies when I was younger, but it doesn't really do that for me anymore. He might be better off just counting calories, desu.

Then you're not super bright. It's an 8 inch rifled insert. It's at least as accurate as a .22lr handgun, with benefit of shoulder stock.

But unless you're mounting something else, the only thing you have to aim with is a bead. And even that is on the shotgun barrel about a foot in front of where the barrel that actually affects the bullet ends.

go to a small gun shop and buy some 1960's sears brand or something for $90 instead

presented without comment

Attached: STRAIGHT OUTTA AUSCHWITZ.jpg (1300x1300, 392K)

>You too, Goy, if you fuck wit me

Holy fuck you're even worse, user

>All you have is a front sight
>And a slightly ridiculous extended barrel shroud/muzzle device
I fail to see an issue.

Bead and groove on a shotgun isn't much worse than post or bead and groove on old muzzleloaders. You won't be shooting cloverleafs at 100, but the .22lr inserts can keep you on game and varmints at 50 or so easily and the centerfire ones land well within the vitals or medium to large creatures at 50-100, caliber and quality of insert being a factor as well.

It takes some practice, but hell, shooting is fun at any rate. One of these in a centerfire caliber that matches your sidearm gives you extra options and capabilities if you're packing a shotgun innawoods.

What is the best single shot 20 gauge for cheap? I'm ideally looking for something that I can always rely on and won't break

Are current day Iver Johnson's decent?

They really and honestly are worth having, I had a Brazilian single shot for a while that I bought at an auction sale and I regret nothing about having it for a while until I went with a SXS. One neat thing you can do easily with break action shotguns too is improvise your own loads if you're not too concerned about your barrel.

They are pretty fun, and very handy but wear on the shoulder a bit quickly, it's why I went up to an 18'' barreled version of exactly what you showed.

I'm waiting on a 12" barreled pump (Turkshit, but the price was right). It came with a PGO and a full stock, but I don't think I'll use the PGO much.

Oh my god can you not use google

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s02oe2l-ZnE

i want

Only in Canada dude.

A .410 would be funner

I reeeally want a single shot just for fun
>10ga
>chop ridiculous 30+" barrel to 20" give or take
>nice case hardened finish
>refinish the wood so it looks pretty
>nice leather shoulder strap and leather pouch mounted on stock

Would be aesthetic

Lol just don’t shoot it.

The only thing that hurts after shooting a 10 gauge a few times is your wallet.