Trigger Cranks

What would the legality be of an electric trigger crank?

Attached: BMF_2.jpg (400x350, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/file/83561/download
bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/09/20/batfe-rules-autoglove/
atf.gov/contact
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dogpocalypse

highly illegal.

Spot the retards

A good question. It's difficult to predict how the ATF will interpret the law, and even more difficult to predict how the courts will interpret it.

Machine gun, same as with miniguns

It's illegal. The ATF would claim it moves the trigger to the electronic switch that turns on the crank like with the AutoGlove awhile back. Since it fires more than one round for one "pull" of the switch/trigger, it's a machine gun and therefore illegal.

I don't think it would be difficult to predict the ATF's opinion on the matter. If one crank turn = one boom = one trigger pull, then one button on = infinite crank turns = machinegun.

They have already ruled on them they are machineguns because one action to fire a whole mag

Whatever action you do to turn the device on will count as the trigger, thus it's a machinegun.
They tend to be extremely fucking picky when it comes to anything electronic operating a trigger, no matter what it actually is, they will argue until they're blue in the face that it's readily convertible and thus a machinegun, even if it's something like a device for letting a handicapped person shoot a hunting rifle.

Fire control groups themselves also, short of manually repeating guns.

I'm pretty sure they have actually made a ruling on this exact thing, and made at least a few arrests on it.

Are you 12? This has been the case since the 80s.

But there's only one?

Attached: 1525626307109.jpg (812x760, 67K)

OP here, anyone have ideas for other kinds of workarounds?

How about an electronic control system that will only trigger once per times you push a particular button? Here's the kicker, the system could count and store said button pushes and discharge them later willy-nilly.
>be at home before range day
>hold little electronic gizmo in hand
>repeatedly click the gizmo
>put gizmo on gun
>gun is now 'full-fun'
>still only "one bullet per trigger push."
Yes, it's retarded.

Electronic triggers will almost always be seen as a machine gun by the atf on a semi auto gun as they can just be coded to function full auto

Some idiot always has to say this. THE ATF DOES NOT CARE. Multiple models on the market, including semis.
Always brought up and already ruled against.
The ATF only considers the last trigger pull as counting.

Yes, an electric trigger crank may be considered a machine gun, but the work around for that is simple. You remove the electric trigger crank, and instead use your finger to pull the trigger really fast! It's pretty much the same thing, AND completely legal!

If each notch counts as a trigger pull like the cranks do, what about putting something like this on it so that you run through about 20 rounds when you let it rip?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x260, 11K)

Let it rip

in Canada our legislation specifically states that anything other than "1 trigger pull = 1 shot" is prohibited.

I want to build a pair of gloves that actuate your trigger finger with inhuman speed. Since it is still technically your finger pulling the trigger and you are still only firing once per pull, I think I've got a fair shake at that not being prohib.

If I do start prototyping this, I plan on buying a whole lot of dogs so the horse cops run out of ammo before they even get to me.

100% illegal

>The ATF only considers the last trigger pull as counting.
god fucking dammit the ATF are faggots.

Attached: 1539648071381.png (496x492, 150K)

We tried that here and ATF shot it down.

It is completely legal. You can buy a gatling gun or gatling gun replica legally without any extra paperwork.

atf.gov/file/83561/download

Page 2:
"ATF and its predecessor agency, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), have
historically held that the original, crank-operated Gatling Gun, and replicas thereof,
are not automatic firearms or machineguns as defined. See Rev. Rul. 55-528,
1955-2 C.B. 482. The original Gatling Gun is a rapid-firing, hand-operated
weapon. The rate of fire is regulated by the rapidity of the hand-cranking
movement, manually controlled by the operator. It is not a "machinegun" as that
term is defined in 26 U.S.C. 5845(b} because it is not a weapon that fires
automatically. "

If you retards would spend your time actually trying to reinstate our actual rights to machine guns instead of these dumbass cheeky "teehee sorry mr law man" reacharounds we might actually get somewhere.

Fucking cucks.

>caring about laws
The Spooner of disapproval gazes upon you

Attached: 2qak1vk.jpg (402x639, 30K)

The fact that we tolerate the ATF and their unilateral infringement is exactly why I know that gun ownership will die quietly the minute they decide we're done. If we were going to stop them, the time to do so was long ago.

For a while there was the Autoglove, which was a motor attached to a glove.
Not sure what happened with that one but all the videos seem to have been taken down

Did you miss the part about "slectrically driven"? Hand crank gatling style mechanisms arent automatic because ypu have to hand crank them. To argue an electric drive is not an automatic would make miniguns and microguns semiautomatics. Spoilers: they're not.

>Multiple models on the market, including semis.
Care to list any?

Go dig through the archive or do your own research.
Tired of spoonfeeding every time this subject comes up.

what if its a computer shooting the gun based on a set parameter. like its hooked up to a camera with facial detection and it just starts shooting when it sees people. technically you havent broken the law because the computer is the one deciding when and physically pulling the trigger

whats the definitoin of a trigger pull? lets work around that to figure the loophole

>still technically your finger pulling the trigger and you are still only firing once per pull,
thats literally what a bujmpstock does here in america and they are trying to rewrite the laws to ban it. are bumpstocks legal in candada?

what if you use a battery that is charged by a proprietary adapter, that only allows charging via a machine that you crank by hand.

>the legality be of an electric trigger crank
Obama would have approved it twice, Trump would try to ban it

What if you have a clock spring between the crank an the bit that actuates the trigger, so that if you torque it enough the trigger will keep being actuated for a bit after you stop cranking?

>let it rip
>let it rip

Attached: 1541806062688.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

How can you be tired of spoonfeeding when you don't ever do it?

At least, I've seen you post this "o there is lots of them" shit three times now, and in those three threads only seen you mention exactly one company, Creative Digital/Digitrigger, which appears to avoid any potential problem by being built around a mechanical trigger with mechanical disconnector -- it simply can't fire again while you're holding the trigger down.
I'm also aware of Electronic Firearms (no thanks to you) who make a 10/22 bullpup with an electrical (not electronic, as I understand, and definitely not including a microcontroller) remote trigger acting on a normal 10/22 FCG.
These both start with a mechanical semi-auto FCG and make it more complicated, and neither provides a counterexample to the claim that ATF won't allow a completely electronic FCG with an MCU -- a configuration that's interesting from a perspective of mechanical simplification.

The last trigger pull being, the one that discharges all of the counted up presses?

Let it rip

Let it rip

bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/09/20/batfe-rules-autoglove/

>What would the legality be of an electric trigger crank?

Why would you ask here you fool? Do you get legal advice from /b/ too?

Submit a request to ATF for an official opinion.

atf.gov/contact

Problem solved. BTW if you are polite ATF can be quite helpful. Most of their interest is in busting traffickers and gangbangers. not annoying Bubba because he's plinking beer cans in the back forty. For example two female agents did a shop visit to my gunsmithbro and we spent about an hour just chatting with them about how legal compliance and shop security. Zero writeups, no problem, and he got both their business cards for future contact info. They were totally cool to deal with.

Attached: SmartSelect_20181202-092933_Gallery.gif (640x366, 2.83M)

>Not sure what happened with that one
Gee, what do you think happened?
The ATF said machinegun.

>let it rip

Attached: Jamie.jpg (444x500, 38K)