Why don't they just build suppressors like camera shutters?

Why don't they just build suppressors like camera shutters?

Attached: 1527214822764.gif (672x607, 2.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdlCQmzUAM&vl=en
reddit.com/r/guns/comments/2kscsc/kitzmann_gas_tong_suppressors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why aren't airplanes made of donuts?

Why don't just build cars like lego kits?

Why dont they just wear sandbags strapped to their chests?

My bet goes on economics of production. Perhaps it's easier/faster/cheaper to make them they way they do instead of a different way
Especially when it comes to kinda simple mechanical stuff, it's safe to assume that everybody has thought about them too and perhaps tried them out.

Why don’t they call and orange a green?

Way worse than a K baffle, and way more expensive to produce for literally no benefit.

Why don't we just glue dogs to elephants and call them woolly mammoths

But there's a lot of room for improvement. A very expensive but good suppressor would be worth something.
If sufficiently strong and fast, it could trap all the gases if it closes right after the bullet passes.

>Implying they don't

Attached: LEGOCar.jpg (1000x810, 128K)

They are making a new one that closes after fired
it sounds like a balloon letting out air that is all you hear it is like a movie " silencer "

Where would the fucking gas go retard

Attached: 7E6E1DCD-63C4-47BE-AC1F-6C5754F7E159.jpg (638x1000, 100K)

Another shutter in the back, that goes into a second chamber with a spring. The gas compresses the spring, then the shutter opens when it is at apex.

That's an aperture you fag

There actually isn't a lot of room for improvement. The current iterations are about as good as it gets. Advances recently have mostly been in metallurgy for strength/weight, not a lot of innovation in baffle design.

Underrated

Attached: 1529357916863.jpg (398x500, 25K)

>I want to make it three times as heavy and exponentially more complex
>Why don’t they do it this way

And why? With a strong and fast enough shutter, all the gases could be vented in a controlled fashion.
It would be more heavy, but it would also be hollywood quiet.

I want my god damn optic camo I invented while in middle school assholes.

And my vortex engine plane.

How about before opening your stupid god damn mouth OP you go and get a degree in Aerospace Engineering. That way you will know how the fuck gasses work and not shit up this board with your retarded drool of ideas.

Do us all a favor and don't ask anymore dumb ass questions.

So completely worthless as an actual suppressor; got it.

>hollywood quiet

Holy fuck OP, you clearly have no idea how sound works or any inkling as to what effect compressibility has on gasses.

the snap of the mechanism closing may even be louder than a normal properly sized one

>he didnt post the drivable lego bugatti
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdlCQmzUAM&vl=en

You mean tactical the cinderblock cock protector

Attached: C2B9C07F-1235-4BBC-A89C-CD16DE900BBC.jpg (343x600, 50K)

because dogs don't have wool????

Why not just use an artificial sphincter?

Attached: US06432038-20020813-D00000.png (2877x3251, 125K)

Finally I can fuck my gun in the ass

look at energetic armaments vox just look up a video of this thing shooting it is crazy

The hot gas can outrun the bullet so there's really no point.

Attached: shooting a 50 call.png (949x412, 443K)

Why doesn't my blender work if I plug the cord into an apple?

Attached: 1525786237234.png (768x768, 86K)

>not dubbed by jeremy clarkson
dropped

Why don't traps have vaginas?

Attached: 124d64e4ae81254cf86823db2140dc51732041b2.jpg (300x221, 17K)

points for clever bait

>Timing of shutter is slightly off
>Traps bullet and blows up

The simplest possible design is usually the best, especially true when dealing with dangerous stuff.

>And why? With a strong and fast enough shutter, all the gases could be vented in a controlled fashion.

Building a strong and fast enough iris diagraphm is a serious challenge. Have you ever worked with those before? The blades which make up the mechanism are paper-thin. They are extremely easy to damage. Building one that could withstand the pressure of the gases coming out the muzzle of a gun is a serious, serious, problem.

>>but but just make the parts thicker
That's a problem too. Thicker parts are heavier, now it can't close as fast.

Not to mention there's the MAJOR problem of having moving parts exposed to the fouling from propellant gases. How do you expect to keep precision parts moving when they're caked up with crud? Have you ever cleaned a suppressor?

Why don't they just strap another solider on their chests?

Then the shutter could stay closed before and after the bullet passes, only opening briefly.
It doesn't need to close like one. It would be enough with a much simpler mechanism, like older shutters. It was just the best picture I could find.
Say the trigger pull accelerates this to start spinning rapidly, so that it would be over the muzzle just when the bullet enters, and that you have two of them spinning at slightly different speeds.
It would need electronics, but it would be able to deliver actually good sound reduction.

Attached: 1513748583279.jpg (800x600, 123K)

They do, in the sense that certain suppressed rifles mechanically seal off the bore once the bullet leaves. (Although the "shutter" is two leaf springs wedged in to meet at centerline, rather than a dozen flappy bits pivoting in arcs.)

As to why they're not common, several reasons.

One, they're very finicky as to timing -- when tuned for one load, firing other loads will either close the tongs too slowly, letting most of the report go unmuffled, or close too quickly and collide with the bullet.
Two, they're also finicky about fouling and need frequent cleaning. But at least fouling only makes them close slower or not seal -- louder, but no damage.
Finally, they were invented and popularized by a european (Kitzmann) -- and we all know how so many cool firearms thing end over there. He made them for a while, but my understanding is there just wasn't enough market for anyone to buy out the business when he retired/died, so it ended when he quit making them.

Partial translation of pic related at reddit.com/r/guns/comments/2kscsc/kitzmann_gas_tong_suppressors/

Attached: lR2cCYW_d.jpg (640x936, 114K)

Thanks, this is exactly what I mean.
How good was it?

Wish I knew, but since you can't readily import NFA items...
Germans say they're great, but I don't know how much of that is national pride speaking, how much is comparing it to lousy suppressors (and they have come a long way since then), and how much is real.

Are there any measurements or videos?

beat me too it user

You really don't understand sound do you?

This nigga think the wooly mammoth have wool like a sheep hahahahaha fucking rarted

Why don't evolution make benis fit into more things?