Big bore subcompact

Debating between the G27, G36 and G30 or G30S. I want something concealable that fires a caliber somewhat capable against moose.

I’m thinking the G30 grip is too fat to conceal and I would prefer a smaller grip circumference anyway for my manlet hands. I have fired a G23, G26 and G20 and they were all fine. I might consider the Shield .45, but not crazy about Shield triggers

Attached: 420219DF-E8EF-4A44-8BE4-5366C49655D4.jpg (617x831, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6747/text
underwoodammo.com/collections/handgun-ammo/products/9x25mm-dillon-90-grain-xtreme-defender?variant=7865933135929
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You plan on spending a lot of time where you will be in danger of moose attack but also around people you want to conceal your gun from? Why not get a bigger handgun and OC in the wilderness?
I’ve owned only the g30 but it conceals fairly easily. There’s also the 10mm variant.

>not getting a 10mm and chopping the barrel

I know youre not crazy about the Shield triggers, but they are so much more ergonomic than the Glock not to mention much smaller.

I carry a shield 45 and had a g30sf. Dont really like glocks grip angle cause im a 1911 fan but 30sf was a good gun. Not as hard shooting as limp wristers here think. Get to 30 and a 460 rowland kit

Aslo... i hated the shield hinged trigger. Get an apex and remove the trigger safety before install. I bought thumb safety shield.

Get a glock 29 10mm

.45 acp from a ~3 inch barrel will get 25 inches of penetration max

>that fires a caliber somewhat capable against moose

Attached: g29.jpg (600x373, 84K)

G39 for the memes

Why not a snub revolver?

>Get an M&P 45 compact
>Load it with Buffalo Bore 255 grain +P
Bonafide moose massacre material right there

I’m leaning more for the G30S if I get something this size.

I am not sure what you’re asking but this gun will be for concealment plus moose, not open carry.

>G30S

why?

Attached: 33.jpg (1000x660, 129K)

I would say that right now, I’m leaning G27 > G36 > G30S > G30 for carry. The G29 is G30 size and the capacity is the same. Power isn’t that much less with the .45 without going into the turbo loaded ammo and ammo is cheaper.

*~about the same size. I realize you need the extended mag on the G30 to get 10 rounds.

>Power isn’t that much less with the .45
45 at the muzzle has less energy that 10mm at 50m generally speaking.

Moose bites can be pretty nasty.

no question but moose are so cute I'd feel horrible if I had to shoot one ;_;

>10mm
>Power isn’t that much less with the .45
you a baitin ass nigga

Attached: 1539995841714.jpg (800x600, 44K)

>without going into turbo loaded ammo
He’s right you know. Though I’d call it properly loaded
Don’t get the G30S. It doesn’t aid concealment as the frame is still wide, and recoil and muzzle flip will increase. The G30 with 10 round mag and Buffalo Bore 255 grain flat points is god tier. Just make sure to run a copper brush through the barrel when practicing with the lead bullets fairly frequently

Moose are pussies, you don't need to shoot them if you aren't a retard.
Just get a gun that's comfortable for you and a caliber you shoot well.
Trying to get a gun that can do both will just result in a shitty compromise.

>He’s right you know. Though I’d call it properly loaded
Properly loaded is right, I wouldn't call underwood, buffalo bore, or the like "turbo loaded". It's well within SAAMI spec. And if you're only shooting like 1/2 SAAMI spec, then compare apples to apples: how is that fowtyfahv performing at similarly weak pressures? Noticeably worse than 10mm.

Moose are *shithead bullies, however you don't need to shoot them if you aren't retarded.
They seem to be attracted to headlamps/flashlights in the dark darkness, but fire a round into the ground and they gtfo quickly.
I've had to pepper spray them a bunch when I'm working and can't pop a shot off though. In this case i recommend a wrist rocket to announce your intentions, followed by a good dose of that spicy air if they won't fuck off.

>It's well within SAAMI spec
Proofs?

Attached: 1491274451904.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

i went through this witht he 9mm glocks, ultimately the 43 was my best choice. the double stacks are too thick and heavy by comparison to the single stacks. if concealablity is crucial get the single stack. maybe if youre tall and fat or yolked you would feel comfortable with a double stack

>I don't really know at all but a smug reaction picture is answer enough
Sounds about right, INB4 "they sell it so it must be within specs"

That's what I use and Alaska moose are pretty big.

Attached: IMG_0480.jpg (2016x1512, 2.17M)

>And if you're only shooting like 1/2 SAAMI spec,
10mm ammo doesn't vary by anywhere close to as much as 200% greater chamber pressure from load to load, m8.
>then compare apples to apples: how is that fowtyfahv performing at similarly weak pressures? Noticeably worse than 10mm.
The thing that I like about fuddy-fahv is that it's much more standardized. I've had problems getting 10mm Glocks to run reliably with the hotter stuff in the past. Changing out the recoil spring supposedly helps to dial it in, but I never could count on them to shoot the so-called "properly loaded" stuff reliably.

>I've had problems getting 10mm Glocks to run reliably with the hotter stuff in the past.
which glocks? which ammo? i've run everything from literal .40s&w to 220gr buffalo bore on the stock spring and rod, although i've since swapped it for a stainless rod just to add a little heft to the front. never had an issue of any kind.

The 45 shield is smaller and over all better than compact 45 glocks and kahr CW 45

Indian glock?

>she was lesbian
How could this happen?

>Not ccing a 29 in 9x25 Dillon

Attached: 9x25 Dillon 29.jpg (2350x3426, 1.41M)

What's the thought process here?

Because I can

Are you a nigger? You know that's how they talk, right?
>Hey Jamal, why do you do X?
>BECOZ I CAYN. GOT ANY PROLEM WIT DAT, WITEBOI?

Do you think before you post? In what world would a nigger have a pistol in 9x25 Dillon? No I'm white and I have it because lead free 90gr rounds go fast enough (even out the short barrel) to be soft armor blind.

If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's a duck.

>caring about piercing soft body armor (obviously because you are targeting the "po-po")
>talking like a nigger

t. Jamal

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6747/text
This is why everyone should be concerned with having soft armor blind weapons. Gary Willis is why you should care.

What color are your nipples?

Pink, are you a cop or a kike? That armor blind shit seems to strike a nerve. Did papa netanyahu forget to give you plates to go with your diapers?

>Raving about body armor rounds.
t. Police officer

Not the guy you’re fighting with but you and the guy wearing the boots you lick can suck a dick. T6B rounds over here for ANY threat wearing armor.

Attached: 39BF0E71-7CEC-44E5-8D7A-1DD4A7359210.jpg (4032x3024, 2.79M)

It always upsets them, probably doesn't get issued plates and can only afford Kevlar. Rest In Piss ZOGbot.

Good let them know their shiity issued sidearms won't drop us with plate carriers and we can return fire that will drop them.

Do you recommend 9x25? I gotta check some videos on it out

Attached: C589F47F-7DE5-442A-B3E3-E371E7C0AFF8.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

Yes but don't be a meme like me and get a longer barrel than the 29.
>underwoodammo.com/collections/handgun-ammo/products/9x25mm-dillon-90-grain-xtreme-defender?variant=7865933135929

Attached: Screenshot_20181010-185358.png (720x1280, 357K)

What kind of barrel did you swap?

I have a lone wolf but idk that they make them anymore I got it on sale. I asked KKM and I believe they can make you one but it's gonna be expensive.

Where'd you go? Trying to find a serial to IBIS?

>Bullet Weight: 90 Grains
>Muzzle Energy: 800 ft lbs

Attached: big_iron.jpg (522x522, 110K)

At 200 meters*

What's one thing 460 rowland can do that 10mm cant? Besides jam every magazine.

Normal 45 is 230 grains at 850 fps

Normal 10mm is 200 grains at 1200 fps

369 vs 640 ft lbs of energy

10mm is about twice as powerful

Get up, come on get down with the thiccness

Attached: D50C2C30-1774-4854-86E9-22FF6BD22D71.jpg (236x156, 20K)

If you carry the cheapest ammo you can find I hope a moose kills you.

They say so

Hes just a mad .45 acp subhuman, 10mm is the caliber of white men.

They are as pink as my wojacks kike

Okay that's quite fucking impressive, the 10mm load only does 100 grains at 1825

10mm liberty 60 grain rounds have 901 ft lbs of energy from a 6 inch barrel

True

9x25 is dope I would say almost cooler than 5.7 in that it's not suicide to handload

Those are pretty cool

35gn heavier 255hc bullers and slightly more energy

I just meant that it seems weird to need to conceal in the wilderness, why not get a woods gun and then later a CC gun

To all the retards quoting muzzle energy. What do you think that means? It has no relevance for shooting moose, where the bullet has to penetrate deep. Momentum is the relevant factor, which is mass times velocity. A normal loading of 10mm is 180 grains at 1200 fps, by the way. It has about 10% more momentum than .45 ACP. The difference is negligible and not worth the massive hassle that comes with having an unreliable gun.

>unreliable
I've had no issues through 3k that weren't my fault

>that weren't my fault
So you did have issues.

Not that user, but you are actually the one acting like an obnoxious nigger right now.

>G36
Though not Big Bore, I like the Kerr 9mm.