Handgun General - /hg/ - #227 Fat Forty Fives Edition

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

P.T.

Attached: Sig%20Sauer%20P227%20Pair[1].jpg (1800x1200, 184K)

>That Equinox two tone
Are there any other pistols with this finish?

looking to get my first 45

glock or m&p 2.0

>any others
why yes.
yes there is!

Attached: 3566as[1].jpg (800x600, 162K)

are you looking for a compact, a full size, something slim, something for carry, something for the range, both?

Hey that's from my picture
Any reason why you saved a screenshot of a tiny amount of lint from september?
From someone who pops in here once every few months, nonetheless

Attached: Screenshot_20181205-182750_Files.jpg (1080x1920, 639K)

full size. i have smaller guns to carry already

Don’t take advice from nogunz

I love it
Is there anything more compact?

These are my 3 pistols. i also got a .22lr Hämmerli Xesse.

next is something in .45acp
what should i get it will mainly be for competition shooting and range queen.

I kinda want a Mark 23 but if i get one i will probably not be able to get something else like a 1911 due to our gun laws here in my country.

Attached: 25434477_10155672882944892_1560974779_o.jpg (2048x1152, 518K)

Because people will go to literally any length to force a CZ meme. It's kind of embarrassing to watch, frankly

SIG can't even get the cuts to make slide serrations a uniform depth and shape? Even Glock can manage that...

Attached: Screenshot_20181205-203213.png (1080x1920, 931K)

I don't know why people get such a huge boner over slide serations.

Sig fags used to be rampant here. What happened? This placed used to have P226 threads every day

I have never shot one, i will probably never find a the LAM unit for it unless i get a airsoft replica and fill it with weight and use it as a barrelweight.

>Played way to much Metal gear solid

Attached: 1423871111740.jpg (3072x2304, 1.61M)

the goyim learned

At least they don't used Phillips screws.

Attached: fawwnj5n.jpg (1000x688, 59K)

at least their frames don't bend upwards towards the barrel because they're not made of plastic

The thing with the P320 striker happened and everyone backpedaled on their Sig interest. Hence "Nusig" was born and everyone shits on Sig now.

Not saying they are or are not, but I’ll just point out that many camera lenses can exhibit distortions of varying kinds that is worse the further from the center that you look; test charts to compare lenses to one another, calibrate them use patterns of straight lines across the frame for this purpose. I’d be checking a few other pictures before deciding their machining is good, bad or indifferent based on one picture with possible misshaped lines in a corner.

>tfw want a full size pistol for winter CC
>tfw cant find a single gun that looks good to me

Attached: IMG_20181121_140844.jpg (1536x2048, 424K)

at least you are not a nigger

Attached: 1543008804303.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

what do u usally carry?
and what do you prefer, hammer or striker?

Attached: 1389538614659.jpg (1920x1280, 2.31M)

It's separated by back-links. If I put them all separate, people complain, and if I don't others complain still. I can't please everyone. *shrugs*
yes like said, its the S&W 3913 (the one I posted being a normal one and not the 3913NS or 3913LS)
sounds like an expert to me, desu. I'd trust an Autist over a LARPer any day of the week.
probably.
glad I could help!
yes but wait for the alternate grip frame from beretta without the finger grooves. It's smaller and the replaceable panels will fit better.
>the compact frame is pictured here
I'd try both in person if you can, because the M&P is no slouch, with what is ostensibly a better stock trigger. The toblerone slide isn't for everyone.
that really is Glock's niche for whatever reason.
Not that many other comparable options for 10 mm.
no I haven't. It sounds stupid. Glad you're not having a stroke, though!

Attached: _DSC75282[1].jpg (6507x3039, 1.54M)

Cohen fucked their reputation by driving for massive product and business growth at inadvisable speed, and damaged both QC and their reputation. Truth be told, it's probably nowhere near as bad as what some people fear, but psychology and faith buys into any purchasing decision, especially those involving an item that you may trust your life with.

Older US-made Sigs of the P22X line are still fine handguns; German and W. German made P22X are still very good handguns. Swiss Sig P220 and P210/49s are still excellent handguns. But to the morass of meme-driven rather than fact-driven Jow Forums users, such nuance is a little tricky to grasp.

Sig P938 Equinox, P229 Equinox, and either Kimber or Springfield made a few similar designs of polished flats over blackened steel.

Rami for everyday CC
Hammer, metal frame

I think it’s just you. People complain because you’re a fag.

Arex Rex veriant
Sphinx SDP veriant

if u want to be abit unique and good

Attached: rex_lede_001_rext1_w-cover_01s.jpg (745x420, 86K)

Attached: 1495492706711.jpg (2017x1135, 2.29M)

Wrong picture

Attached: 10899515_327424977461714_545984337_n.jpg (480x480, 27K)

Oh boy here we fucking go again
>I cant find a gun i like
>what are you looking for
>nothing in particular
>how about this then
>ew fuck no that's ugly
>how about this then
>rinse
>repeat

Yeah pretty much on the nose and we're only two guns in. Guess I'll spare the trouble and just keep window shopping until something catches my eye. That's how I chose my Rami after all
The problem I have is I'm looking for something that must be hammer fired, metal framed, full size, doublestacked, without any rails while still fitting my aesthetics AND staying affordable (aftermarket wood grips a HUGE plus). Seemingly everything out there is polymer this, tacticool that, or a couple grand if not

Glock 26 a good camping gun? Something I can comfortably carry while hiking and keep in a tent or my RV incase a hoodlem attacks is what i'm looking for. 9mm is ok in my case because I live in SC where the biggest animals that could be a threat are bobcats, black bears, and backwoods cannibals. Plus I want this is a range gun so the price of 9mm is a must. Finger fucked a gen 4 one today as well as a g19 and was astounded how comfortable Glock fit in my small hands. I would likely get a gen 5 g26 with oem night sights. Also handled a p320 compact. It was kinda nice too, just bigger.

I was under the impression that the g26 was fat. I had to look and make sure I wasn't holding a g43. Thats how suprised I was that it fit my small hands.

Most polymer guns nowadays have a small space between the frame and the slide. Is that usually a problem for debris?

no its to make them more aerodynamic

Holy shit. That's a great idea - we fit a wing to the top of the slide that applies downforce to the muzzle and reduces muzzle rise!

You did it wrong. It should say P227 edition.
At least its not obnoxious bullshit like Burt’s faggot thread was.
Next time put the “edition” in the post and not the subject bar.

Just get a Jericho 941

about to pay my cuck tax to own a suppressor,
luckily my gun store hase a range so i can play with my goodies while they are in ATF jail...

who makes good drop-in threaded barrels for Glocks
what brands should I look at?

>pic unrelated

Attached: badges.jpg (960x720, 63K)

i feel you man... that LAM being unavailable is the reason i never bought a SOCOM

Attached: Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png (220x190, 26K)

227? I can do this.

Attached: 227 dp pro.jpg (2688x1520, 1.15M)

Ahhhhh

Attached: 0f3eb0af5abeec8019c8bfc7067a8ee1.jpg (546x640, 71K)

Glockzilla boot stomps the pig fat mk23

Attached: Top-Gun-Tori-shot-the-new-GLOCK-MOS-system-for-the-first-time-and-as-always-centerpunched-the-target (661x496, 77K)

Not dangerous at all.

lurk ebay and armslist, check on lgs's and etc, make a post on hkpro that you're looking for one, for the lam 1450 you're looking for over 4000 for the wilcox unit (big box) I'd say over 8000 assuming you can find one, quasi unobtanium nowdays.
The lam 1450 was most used but the prototype of the wilcox unit was adopted by hollywood

High speed, high (induced) drag

To me it soesn't seem so judging to the results of the MAC's gauntlet tests. He presses guns sidelong into sand, dirt and mud, and the majority of failures are due to debris either in the hammer preventing firing or in the slide-barrel lockup preventing the gun from going in to battery (a condition in which the gun's safeties don't allow it to fire). There have been one of two frame-borne failures where triggers didn't reset or similar, but I always attributed that to debris getting in through the trigger hole rather than the sides of the frame.

Ever since those $50 Bear Creek barrels got a shake and I saw no complaints from ar15.com, I think you'd have a hard time finding a threaded glocc barrel that isn't good. tl;dr Sort by price imo

Attached: kenny 226.jpg (2200x1467, 527K)

Anyone have any experience with the tristar t 120? everywhere says its pretty good but I don't wanna risk it the turkroach quality control and get a piece of crap.

Second vote for P227.
Either that or a FNX 45.
I’ll admit my Sig bias makes me gravitate towards the 227, and I’d already have one if not for the fact that I hate .45

up next is Beretta 21a and NAA mini revolver in .22lr with rosewood grips.

Attached: hand boys.jpg (2048x1871, 590K)

USP

Taurus

>Glockzilla boot stomps the pig fat mk23

Kek. No. It's very poor of you to think that.

I like my FNX. It felt weird to hold at first but it grew on me.

Decided on my carry gun
>lighter than a Walther pps
>just as easy to conceal with a tamer grip
>good sights and trigger
>good performance with some +Ps due to the 3” barrel
>feel much more comfortable with DA trigger as it’s gonna be carried appendix
What do you all think?

Attached: B303A53F-EC6E-437A-BE09-5BFFFD9A9B91.jpg (660x496, 206K)

Also I’m not too worried about capacity because I’ll carry a speed loader. I’d only be down

faggot

>faggot
Why?
Hit post too soon, I’d only be down 3 rounds (5+5 vs 7+6)

>first time on Jow Forums

So last night I heard screams outside my apartment. I went outside and ran down to where I heard the screams and found a woman (who lives in my building) covered in blood. Apparently her boyfriend got fucked up and came home and started beating the shit out of her.

I walked her back to a safe area and her brother came and picked her up. As I was walking home her boyfriend had apparently saw me and ran up on me trying to start a fight. I mostly just played dumb and acted like I had no idea about anything he was involved with. He was really covered in blood, much worse than she was. Looked like he punched glass and it shattered all over him (he had his dog with him, who was also covered in blood).

I defused it and walked away. Police came, he got arrested and after I looked him up, found out he has an extensive background of car thefts, battery, burglary, armed robbery and more.

Now physically I have no issues. I'm an average weight and have an average build, but I've done several years worth of judo, krav maga, and others and feel I could hold my own against almost any opponent who doesn't have a background in martial arts.

But what worries me is that this guy knows were I live because we've lived in the same building for a while. I have a son and wife. If he had a gun of any kind and came to my apartment I'd be fucked. This is obviously paranoia, but this is justified as it could be any type of intruder (not just him) and I'd be defenseless aside from some knives and a baseball bat.

Which leads me here. Looking at handguns for self defense. I'd consider a shotgun but I live in a small apartment and feel firing it would be too risky with thin drywall and every room backing into another (if my son was in the next room, for example).

I had a 22 a while back but sold it when I was desperate for some cash. I feel like a 22 has relatively low stopping power anyway. I don't CC, so size isn't an issue.

Stopping power doesn't exist, get a 9mm with large capacity such as a beretta M9 with hollow points, also if you hit your intended target a 12 gauge won't overpenetrate

Unfortunately handgun rounds will penetrate through dry wall just as bad as 00 buck. In a small apartment you’ll get very little spread anyway, so unless you just flat out miss I’d get a mossman 500 and load it with 00 buck or federal flite control 1 buck. Much easier to hit way your aiming at and WAY better effect on target

Everything will penetrate dry wall if you miss, marksmanship is more important than "What If?" scenarios.

I’d say ability to incapacitate or “stopping power” does exist, but across the major handgun calibers this ability is pretty limited and doesn’t vary much from caliber to caliber. A 12 gauge most definitely has stopping power

That’s basically what I said
Also it’s much easier to make accurate shots with a 18” barrel shotgun or rifle than a pistol so marksmanship is accounted for

Also keep in mind a shotgun is very hard to maneuver in a small apartment.

That's too vague and can be misleading, I'd rather know of terminal ballistics although incapacitation power is more correct
He said he only owned a .22, I doubt a shotgun will be easy for him to handle
>18" barrel
>apartment
Better be a big ass ap

Police surplus, is 300.00ish a decent price for M&P/Glock copsurp?

It would be baby's first pistol. I just want a versatile handgun that I can throw a decent trigger on and customize a bit.

Sorry I don't know much about guns. I just mean the ability to take someone down or disable on impact. I once watched a store get robbed and the clerk put 6 22 bullets into the guy and he was still on his feet fighting back. Eventually bled out but still could have killed the clerk in the meantime. Are you saying regardless of handgun caliber the differences aren't significant?

I think a shotgun would be difficult to maneuver, and the way my apartment is set up, unless I'm shooting toward an exterior wall, all other options point at our bedrooms. I just wouldn't want to risk the spread of a shotgun hitting something.

It’s really not that difficult. Besides trying to clear rooms is usually a bad idea. Grab your kids and hole up in your bedroom
It’s actually not too vague, saying stopping power doesn’t exist is though. Not everyone needs a detailed explanation of ballistics

How much does it usually cost to ship a handgun? I’m going to be listing some for sale but I’m hesitant about listing them online because I don’t want to pay an arm and a leg to ship.

If it really is that much of a concern then get a 16” AR. Handguns really do suck at putting people down compared to rifles/shotguns. You can find poorfag ARs for not much more than a decent pistol.
Also a 16” AR isn’t THAT much longer than a fully extended drawn handgun anyway

Anyone here carry an SP101? Is it worth carrying one over a single stack 9mm? I like the idea of getting one for carry but is five rounds of .38 +P or .357/six of .327 (undecided on what caliber I’d want) with slower reloads worth it over eight or nine rounds of 9mm? I don’t carry an additional mag so the slower reload part seems kind of moot simply because I wouldn’t be reloading anyway with my current carry gun.

If it’s just gonna be 38 +p get a 3” LCR
Either way this post seems to be relevant:

.22lr sucks shit at killing anything except varmint and pest
>b-but muh bear takedown
That woman was an expert marksman who used a rifle

>just get an AR its not that much longer than a handgun
Holy shit this is some bad advice. There are advantages of having either, but a pistol is nowhere as unwieldly as a 16” AR. Next you’re going to tell him to get one in a pistol caliber, right?

>pistol caliber
Of course not. If you can’t maneuver a 16” carbine indoors you’re never going to make it

Extend your arms and hold a pistol - the length will be similar (not the same but close) to shouldering a 16” rifle
This doesn’t apply to manlets though

Whatever that means

>I hold the weapon outward at all times
How stupid are you? If you were to go with the AR, I expect a sling be mandatory so that you can pull kids/gf/wife/whatever aside and do stuff like open doors and drawers. And no matter what, the pistol is going to be the lighter weapon that can fit in tighter spaces, like under a bed, behind a door, or in a closet.
This question entirely depends on your living space. I don’t see why someone would choose the pistol over a rifle in most cases but then again I’ve never lived in such tight places where a pistol would be a better choice.

Not him but you’re an insufferable faggot

Why did you get two of each of those glocks? Why not diversify?

Not who? I’m talking to 2 posters, retard.

That whole collection is trash, save for the Gen 2 at the bottom.

Are we not posting because of the OP?
I can end this thread early if ya’ll want

Anybody with a p238 have any hollow point recommendations? Pls no bully.

Attached: 20181205_200534.jpg (2560x1440, 1.24M)

Flame fuck off.

i guess my question is really
>any brands i should avoid?
how much $ is too much $
>ballpark

I want an italian pistol for shits and giggles. I've got $500. What gat in that price range is most deserving of the title "spaghetti blaster"?

used 92a1 or fs

$50 is the low end $200 is the high end I suppose. I'd buy whatever's on sale as any non-fitted barrel should have near as makes no difference the same accuracy and the same potential for looseness or inaccuracy, especially if you're using an aftermarket slide. If a factory slide I suppose there could be a benefit to a vetted name brand like Gemtech, SilencerCo or Faxon but I really doubt it.

I'm speculating though, there are no brand accuracy/reliability tests I know of to reference. Aesthetics, features and value, imo, should be top priorities.

Also I have a Gemtech threaded barrel I can sell you if you want.

>poolymer

no thanks, i need to buy two
a 17 and a 35
then an adapter for each to go on my .45 can

Any 90 grain XTP

chopped my slide release (sloppily).
been meaning to do it for a while.

Attached: 20181206_190052.jpg (3264x2448, 2.25M)

Why's the plastic all chewed up too? Didn't take it out to cut it?

Just push the trigger pin out and the rest of the stuff comes out. Mostly.

>i chopped my already miniscule slide release

shit was like an inch long not even exaggerating

didnt take it out. it actually was going really cleanly until I went to smooth out the edges; one foul move fucked it up. the frame is also filed away to smooth out the thumb area.

Sieg heil!

Attached: 2018-12-06_15.29.15.jpg (1814x1550, 1.45M)

you can see where its been rounded off

Attached: 20181206_192946.jpg (3264x2448, 1.78M)