Battle Rifle General /BRG/

That good shit edition

>pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/Aapqmq3S

>discord
discord.gg/WZ3Us5H

Attached: thatgoodshit.jpg (640x550, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/793557723
dsarms.com/p-11634-dsa-fal-sa58-metric-para-folding-stock-assembly.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=dPY0v9-RnpI&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wheres the best place to cop l1a1 furniture

Ernst armory

The range I go to requires squirrel cages or bags, my PTR really likes to spit brass fast and hard so I've got a few marks from where the casings reflected off a cage or wall onto the receiver. Do bags mitigate that and how the fug do I clean that shit off?

To the user who wanted to sell his G3 scope + claw mount, post a picture please. I want it but I'm deployed right now making tax-free dollars and maxing out my TSP so I don't want it right now. Also, what state are you in?

I can't seem to get a very clear answer on this, but what moa should I realistically expect from a PTR using iron sights and surplus REAL FUCKING NATO?

3-6 moa depending on how good the surplus is and how you are at shooting with irons. Off sandbags.
Maybe 2 moa with a rest.
The front sight post itself is 2 moa wide iirc.

More or less what I've observed, thanks.

i want to use irons to get used to shooting the scar 17 before i choose an optic, but the front sight has a tiny bit of play which affects MOA. would a troy or mbus be a viable alternative on the rail? would it sit higher than the rear sight post?

>Troy

Boi don’t do it, don’t fall for it.

okay. whats wrong with them?

They’re awful. Just get the mbus pros

Do you already have the 17?

Convince me not to sell my PTR and get an RFB.

Attached: images.jpg (356x141, 6K)

what FAL parts kit should one be looking for? the only ones ive seen are IMBEL

What Century FALs are considered okay and which are avoid at all costs?

ive been asking about this, have you ever ordered from them?
ordered a gas regulator retainer about a week ago, no shipping notification yet. phones go straight to voicemail, no responses on email, but everyone says theyre gtg

Attached: falcropped.jpg (1101x838, 380K)

Just get a DSA, buy once cry once.

Only if it's an old one. New DSA is all cast shit.

Read the fucking pastebin.

That (you) above wasn’t for you my bad.

That’s what this /brg/ edition is.
F O R G E D
E D I T I O N

>this meme again
DSA's new guns are fine. Even FN was casting receivers by the end, and the difference in useful life between forged and cast receivers is negligible - you'll have gone through most other parts on the gun long before the receiver becomes a problem.

It's no different than the disparity between milled vs stamped AK receivers, and you don't see AKfags getting all uppity about the supposed inferiority of stamped receivers.

Old DSA > Century Import > New DSA > Getting hit by a car > Anything Century Built

Don't

have any of you guys put together an FAL parts kit?

JUST
AS
GOOD

I briefly owned the hunter variant and i can definitely say it is a great BR. Not as accurate as i wanted, but reliable once you adjusted the gas system with great ergonomics. Basically its a well thought out, bullpup FAL with a better gas system. My only complaints are: rail too short for proper irons, and I wanted better accuracy (best group was 170 gr RN handloads getting about ~2 moa @ 100 yards).
In regards to accuracy, i can say it was probably due to its retardedly long throat/freebore so idiots don't kill themselves handloading for it. all in all: solid 7/10 BR

Bullpups should be NFA items for extreme uglyness

Go to a range that’s not pussified

yes. i like the irons except that the front wiggles a tiny amount but i think i read that it alters the MOA by an inch or two at 100 yds

based

who would mill a receiver for an AK? thats so Bourgeois

its all about imbel or bust these days

GIB PLS

Did you go FDE or Black

Thanks for the input
Care to elaborate?

Bull pup uggy

Imbel is good right? I know their receivers are really praised
>tfw no imbel receiver

Shut the fuck up

Cast pressure/load bearing parts = GARBAGE

Go somewhere else to shoot and stop being a soiboi about a fucking PTR.

Attached: 12602-713779550.jpg (450x300, 18K)

do you have any evidence to back up your claims that (properly made) cast receivers are bad or are you just going to keep spewing memes and throwing a tantrum?

Attached: wonpanch.png (1023x573, 680K)

>are you just going to keep spewing memes and throwing a tantrum?

I think you know the answer to that.

Attached: 766239450345827.jpg (208x242, 8K)

touche

Attached: 1431563622565.png (581x443, 200K)

The grain on forged receivers look better.

Aesthetics are the most important aspect.

Checkmate.

well you definitely got me there.

Attached: FAL on table.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

The only one throwing a tantrum here is you.

What do you want evidence for? The evidence is that forged metal is inherently more durable than casted metal. You sound like a big pussy and a redditor.

can i put a handle on the gir

its legit FN set-up and licensed product

what does he mean by this

Attached: 1543909782495.jpg (537x347, 61K)

forged is also an objectively cooler word than casted

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a FAL with a DS number and one with a DSA number? Was there some sort of change at DS Arms and the quality control went downhill?
I've never owned anything from them, but I did get an unused SAR-4800 from Springfield Armory many many years ago. With the exception of the ugly synthetic ergo stock, it was a beautifully assembled FAL.

>but I did get an unused SAR-4800
very nice and quite desirable
most of the DS run was made by LMT, one of the more respected upper makers in their time

Attached: 1504834029818.jpg (320x375, 16K)

DS is LMT forged DSA is in house DSA casted

You’re all cool people with good taste in guns. That is all.

Attached: 58D92AE6-3E98-461C-9788-092B7BEAA968.png (1136x640, 1.78M)

What part of AZ are you in?

Canada. :^)

Attached: A8BC9FC2-3131-4889-ABDB-CCD6E7FA4944.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

Getting an M14 soon, 22" or 18.5" shorty?
There's 22" one for a bit with a USGI bolt properly lapped and headspaced in for 600, or get a 22 with usgi walnut stock for 450

Really leaning towards 22, but for no real reason

Canada AZ, never heard of it.

THE BIGGER THE BETTER

You'd recommend a new DSA over an old Century built on an Argentinian receiver then, even if it's cast?

Bullpup your PTR.

wait for the 7.62 RDB

they mentioned "upgrading" the RFB to a "RDB" in new production runs several times
might take awhile though because the RDB still has some flaws to iron out

>Ernst armory

or,
you can get something that isnt kel-shit
Real Nato DT MDR

shhh dont tell him

Can the accuracy of a ptr be improved with a trigger job?

>casted

will it make the gun more accurate? no.
will it make (you) more accurate? possibly.

>RDB
>some flaws

FDE but I'm considering getting it cerakoted in gray

Attached: 6896587_01_scar_17_leupold_mk6_1_6_640.jpg (640x379, 47K)

> Can the accuracy of a ptr be improved with a trigger job?
No.

Trigger jobs don't inherently make a gun more accurate. They only make shooters feel better about the trigger pull so that they have one less thing distracting them.

>gross optic
>gross rail
>gross caliber
>gross grip

6/10

no.

my .308s

Attached: Battle rifles 2.jpg (2669x2002, 1.2M)

you did good senpai

Those are shit. Pathetic. How tf do you proudly show this?
Here I'll take it off your hands so you can regain your pride.

Is it that Century is fine or that DSA is worse than Century?

it's that you really should only consider a century if you can both actually handle it first to see if it's shit, and you absolutely cannot afford something nicer

whining about DSA at this point is just impotent shitposting, they're overpriced but i'd always choose a new, warrantied gun over some questionable monkey-made frankengun if cost was no issue (and it shouldn't be if you aren't a faggot)

Yes

people who bitch about DSA never had one

Attached: 1293337975555.jpg (719x720, 47K)

It’s the early 70s and you’re in charge of outfitting a group of mercenaries in Africa with weapons and equipment, do you choose a G3 or an FAL? Whichever you choose has the logistics behind it to maintain it when back at the armorer.

best bang for your buck g3 repro? or fal, whichever has better low end makes

go PTR g3

alright thank you!

G3 because it throws brass harder

why would you attend a place like this

A few online stores have the DSA Voyagers in 16", 18", and 21" configurations. If they're still there in January I'm gonna pull the trigger on one. But first:
>which barrel length is best
>memes aside, any actual issues with DSA Voyagers?

i've got a 21" and i can kinda agree with people when they say a bit shorter is ideal

just remember the voyagers are basic bitch guns, if i bought one i'd probably get a shorter one and buy a folding stock para kit to put on it

>which barrel length is best
18"
>any actual issues with DSA Voyagers
not really

>18"

Attached: 1505070826366.jpg (450x450, 69K)

Well what do (you) say? Or did you just want to post that reaction image?

l o n g e r

Attached: br.jpg (2588x1600, 987K)

Kinda thinking of putting this on my RFB or my C93.

Had one on my Cetme YEARS ago before they changed the design and really liked it. Always got compliments on it.

Attached: hk-ptr-g28-style-flash-hider-us-5-8-x-24-6.jpg (650x650, 23K)

ill forward your rating to whoever created the armslist listing, baka

There's no actual problems with DSA Voyagers, they just lack a lot of the features that make FALs look the best. Go 21". It looks the nicest.

Based and redpilled

gunbroker.com/item/793557723

Has anybody here built one of these? How does it compare in terms of difficulty and end-product to the other common homebuilds like AKs or FALs?

Just these?
dsarms.com/p-11634-dsa-fal-sa58-metric-para-folding-stock-assembly.aspx
Or do you need additional parts?

youtube.com/watch?v=dPY0v9-RnpI&t=1s
The action of a normal FAL involves a spring in the stock. Para FALs require an entirely new lower, dust cover, and bolt/bolt carrier assembly.