QTDDTOT

Old one hit bump limit. Post your questions that don't deserve their own thread here.

Attached: Slot Machine.jpg (413x438, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Pegasus-Multi-Function-Sawhorse-Clamps-Holding/dp/B01HREBZ3M/ref=sr_1_10?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1544148057&sr=1-10&keywords=workbench
arizonarifleworks.com/APPAREL_c_96.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck can I use to get this paint off this WASR? I’ve had it soaking in a solution of paint thinner and brake fluid cleaner for like 3 hours and it’s done nothing. I have an abrasive sponge and I scrub and scrub and it doesn’t seem to do anything.

>got the gun for free.

Attached: 00392A75-F685-4C72-966F-827A533888E7.jpg (4032x3024, 2.84M)

could try raw paint thinner or nail polish remover, or you could just paint over it

I had just plain paint thinner in it and it wasnt doing the trick, added the brake cleaner to give it more fluid.

Is acetone stronger than paint thinner? Its like $17 a gallon vs. $8 for paint thinner.

Aircraft paint remover, or paint over it.

asked a chemistry guy I know and he said there are a couple potential solutions. Here's what he said: "because different paints are made using different solvents, different solvents are more effective on various types of paints. Paint thinner is most effective on model paint and spray paint. latex paint is water based, so water is the best solvent. some paint is oil based, and for that turpentine is best. Additionally, you may need a heat gun to accelerate the dissolution for well dried paint."

Looks like that paint is probably oil paint based on your previous efforts and the application pattern, so acetone plus a heat gun is probably your best bet - but you'll probably want to wear a particulate filtering mask as you work.

>acetone
>heat gun

user, thats not funny hes going to fucking catch himself on fire.

just a lil bit of heat lol, don't go above the 465 centigrade/ 869 F ignition point and you'll be fine.

What company is importing the new auto-meatballs?

I'm selling a Russian SKS and have already listed it on Gunboards, Armslist, and my state's classifieds site. Any other (non-auction) recommendations?

Attached: TREBLINKA-BAZINGA.jpg (796x464, 27K)

Sometimes really old, well-hardened paint needs to soak in solvent for a few days to soften.

Some solvents have the potential to damage that plastic pistol grip. If you don't like the cammo, you could just put a couple coats of nonreflective black spray paint on it and call it good.

Hi. Does anyone reload here?

I've been trying to find load data for light "cowboy" loads in .44 Magnum brass with cast lead bullets in the 200-240 grain range, using either the commonly available Alliant powders or W231. I'm just shooting paper so I'm only looking for 650-700 f.p.s. muzzle velocity.

Does anyone have any personal experience here, a load that you've actually used, or a good source of load data? Thanks.

Sent an AK pistol via UPS but I didn't tell them it was a firearm.... did I fuck up?

Attached: fullsizeoutput_10aa.jpg (200x270, 25K)

tacswap or AK files, although doesn't seem to be a big market on tacswap for com bloc weapons

really depends on how they painted it

Shut the fuck up nigger and dont tell anyone every again. I hope you're using a VPN
>you would have been fine if you didn't say anything, you're still probably fine
>be wary of suspicious vans outside of your house

as a ny citizen, i will be staying with someone in Pennsylvania for a little bit. my license and home address are in new york. can i purchase a firearm in Pennsylvania to keep where i am staying? not for carrying or bringing across state lines

>>be wary of suspicious vans outside of your house
its not illegal dumbass. Im just worried that now it might be stolen because its getting sent to an obvious gun smith

>UPS not USPS

shit i meant to specify i want a pistol

Idn but as a PA native, welcome to a taste of freedom. maybe have your friend "gift" it to you

this would work because its not illegal but i feel like the employees might not feel right about selling to a ny license even though theres no crime

Oh shit. Nm dude I almost lead you astray.
Here in PA all pistol sales require a background check. You could always call a gun store but they will probably tell you that you need a PA license.

ohh ok. ill try just giving one a call locally, thank you for the help it's much appreciated

Anyone know what kind of stripper clips these are?

Attached: IMG_20181206_185132.jpg (4608x2112, 3.69M)

I've got some brass colored .303 ones but none of them have springs with rounded ends they all look like the third from the left.

Hey guys, I have a couple of handguns I'm tired of. Tomorrow (likely, given they don't try and fuck me) I'm going to trade them in at a shop. I'm looking at a Daewoo DR-200, a DSA Steyr build FAL, a Norinco MAK-90, or maybe a PTR-9C. I kind of like the idea of the PTR MP5 clone just because if there is anything wrong with it I can get it fixed straight away. What do you guys think? Should I pass and wait for a possible later trade in or go for a new Raifu? I already own several AKs and a PTR-91 so my battle rifle and AK collection is solid, I would normally just by the Daewoo but I understand replacement parts to be next to impossible to find. I like the idea of the PTR-9 because I want a PCC.

They look Mauser or Springfield-ish to me. They are definitely NOT M16 strippers, Mosin-Nagant strippers, SKS strippers, or Enfield stripper clips.

Translucent G3/Hk91 mags. Anyone know where to find them in the US? I think MKE used to make them but I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

Came here to say this. Don't fuck around with a heat gun and solvents.

I've never heard of such a thing. The only polymer HK91/G3 mags I've ever seen are the old Thermolds, and they're black, not transparent or translucent.

If you say they exist, I believe you, but I have never seen them for sale in the US.

Tell me you don't want one though

Attached: rimg.jpg (800x451, 167K)

What are some good websites to buy machine guns from? GunBroker doesn't have what I'm looking for

Attached: 1544128288824.png (650x450, 91K)

Check your local ATF office

Why different shades of 3 in 1? Is it expired? less effective? darker is older

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

The registry?

There was a sailor who established his own successful country somewhere in Asia back in the 1800s, would anyone know who I’m talking about? Pretty sure he was British too.

What's a comparable vfg stylewise to the tango down stubby or the Samson Vertical Grip that's not $50-$70?

Attached: FC1C2023-002__02154.1538766904.jpg (400x275, 39K)

Would it be safe/possible for me to shoot .454 jacketed hollowpoints designed for something like 45 auto through a .44 muzzleloader? Would the copper go through the rifling easy enough or would it make too much pressure? I've looked online for solid lead Minie balls for.44 but I can't find any, just the molds. Should I just stick to balls if I wanna kill piggers or whitetail with something like a Walker?

Google NFA trader, I think that's what it's called

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-195557.png (709x608, 83K)

Hello, I want to start piecing together my own lowers. Will this bench vice be enough to tighten tubes or break staking on them?

amazon.com/Pegasus-Multi-Function-Sawhorse-Clamps-Holding/dp/B01HREBZ3M/ref=sr_1_10?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1544148057&sr=1-10&keywords=workbench

Living in an apartment right now and want to have a compact workstation.

Attached: keter folding workbench.jpg (500x456, 35K)

There are plastic sabots, if you want to shoot modern jacketed bullets over blackpowder. The ones for .45 caliber rifles should fit the Walker.

Lead round balls and conical bullets killed an awful lot of animals back in the day, though. A lead round ball should be fine with good shot placement.

Yeah I know lots of tree niggers were killed with ball ammo, I am mainly wanting to do it for better ballastics

How bad of an idea is selling a handgun to a 20 year old? It's legal for private parties to do in my state, is a bill of sale enough to cover my ass?

>legal for private parties to do in my state
>cover my ass
if it’s legal there’s no NEED to cover, but it is better to be safe than sorry, especially when it’s not any much extra work at all.

Fuck it, I'm not gonna risk it. Thanks bro.

If it makes you feel better I passed on privately selling a handgun to a 20 year old around two months ago at the gun show. He seemed like a nice enough guy but the fact that he had several friends/hangers on with him and didn't seem to give a shit about the gun he was trying to buy from me didn't inspire a ton of confidence. These days you can never be to careful, and I didn't want to end up a feature in the next CommieFaggoting Post article about how any old mentally deficient high schooler could buy a pistol at the gun show. If I knew the buyer, it would be a totally different story.

What is the SOP for reporting a position in the military? Was watching a helmet cam a few days ago and they reported something like "VB55169156." What does this mean?

That's a map grid coordinate.

It means, if I recall correctly--it's been long time, and I hope someone can correct me if I'm wrong--that we start on map page coded VB for the current theater.

US military maps are divided into one-kilometer "grid squares."

We would start at the bottom left corner of the map and go right to enter vertical column marked 55 (most real world US military maps are a lot smaller than this, but this is what it would mean with the number you gave), then go about 160m into it, past the left-side (western) edge of the grid square.

Then we would go north 91 squares, and 560m, a little past the center line of it.

You have given an eight digit grid square coordinate, which is good to a resolution of 10m. Ten digits would give 1m resolution. I believe artillery is normally called using six-digit coordinates, for a resolution of 100m, then "walked" onto the intended target, then, when the forward observer judges it to be good enough, he will tell the firing unit to "fire for effect." Artillery can also be called in to specific pre-planned, pre-aimed, pre-targeted points with code names--but that's getting beyond what you asked.

What are you asking for it?

Methylene chloride. Use in paint removers and as fast dry traffic paint thinner. Shit will dissolve anything that isn't metal.

If it isn't on Alliant's website, go check out castboolits.com. Excellent body of knowledge there.

Slug the bore and cylinders. Find a bullet that'll fit without having to swage much. Or shoot copper plated lead bullets. Anything with a big meplat will work.

price?

Is there a decent .380 that's double action? Double action only trigger pull pisses me off. And I would prefer an exposed hammer. Might consider a Makarov, too. Anybody know what's good as far as country of origin goes? I haven't looked around at those in a long time.

Did someone say Walther PPK?

Because I think someone said Walther PPK.

Not every PPK feeds hollowpoints without a bit of fluff and buff work to the feed ramp and barrel throat, but that's okay in .380 because most .380 hollowpoints don't expand worth a shit anyway, and the ones that do don't penetrate very well, so you carry roundnose FMJ anyway.

Also the lower outer corners of the slide are sharp, so be careful how you hold it, because it WILL cut you if you hold it wrong.

But you wanted a good quality DA/SA .380, and the PPK is it.

Attached: Walther_PPK-Stainless_LS_W.jpg (800x800, 80K)

Don't neglect to mention the Sig Sauer P230 or P232, the gun the PPK should have been.

I really want a magnified optic, but eye relief is a big problem for me. Are there any mag. optics where my eye can be more than an inch away

Yes where can I buy a shirt with that design

I'm really thinking of getting the MP5 from PTR
besides it's fugly handguard that I think I can replace it, anything else wrong with them?

Taking a K98 to the range on Sunday. LGS has PPU ammo for it. Anything I need to know, or should avoid when it comes to the ammo? I know 8mm Mauser is the same as 7.92x57, and the ammo I'm picking up is marked as 7.92x57.

This will be the first time I've shot the rifle, but not the first time it's been shot since it made its way to the states after WW2. My dad says he shot it a few years ago.

How magnified are we talking? A plain magnifier usually has better relief, and you can stack it with your non-magnified optic of choice.

>usually has better relief
Meant to say >can have

There are lots of configurations and lots of choices.

It sounds like you may like the "Scout Rifle" concept, or rather the optics designed for it.

There are pistol scopes designed for proper eye relief on a handgun held at arm's length. There are rifle mounts for such scopes for people who prefer them--part of the reason is avoiding injuries to the forehead from the eyepiece bell of the scope on hard-kicking calibers, part because the scope mounted far forward doesn't interfere with quickly sticking cartridges into the magazine from the top.

Attached: Savage-Model-11-Scout-Lead.jpg (1000x326, 153K)

PPU rifle ammo is good stuff. It'll be fine.

I'm assuming it is actually federally illegal to carry a gun in a bar or else it's horrifying fudd lore. What is the actual law?

It varies by state. I don't think there are Federal laws, but I could be mistaken.

In many states a person with a CCW is prohibited from entering establishments that serve alcohol, and the laws do not distinguish whether it's a high-class restaurant that serves wine with meals or Bubba's Biker Bar.

Speak with local sources, maybe someone who does CCW training classes, for appropriate information for your area.

The PPK is one I knew about. I've got a PA-63, but the recoil is a bit snappy for my wife, even after new springs. I'll look at the Sigs, and thanks.

Here's a recipe for your trouble. It's the favorite of the picture recipes I've made for the kids in my Life Skills class.

Attached: nachoNuggets.gif (1056x816, 178K)

Depends on state, but don't fuck with it

Gun in bar while not drinking = depends on state
Gun in bar while drinking = depends on state but pretty much always illegal

Gun+bar and gun+drinking have enough laws covering them that there's pretty much no scenario where you can do all three while remaining legal. Only exception I can think of is if you own the bar and have the property listed as your residence, but even then the legally-grey dickery is going to be just as bad as if you actually committed a crime.

I didn't particularly want a scope on my .30-30, but my son and I drew a father-son hunt in February that requires a scoped rifle. I went with a 2-7x Vortex scope on a scout mount. I love it.

Thanks for the recipe.

>water based latex
>use water to remove

BOI
Denatured Alcohol is best for this
t. 5 years painting houses

The most hardcore shit possible (that I know of) is MEK. Methyl Ethyl Ketone. I do not know if it will strip the phosphate/factory finish off. I guess it won't but I'm not a chemist

Phosphate isn't soluble in MEK.

But if you dry all the oil out of a parkerized finish and leave it exposed to air, the parkerizing is porous and the steel underneath can begin to rust after a few days, maybe faster if it's humid.

Then, too, how many "parkerized" finishes these days are actually paint, that MEK would strip off?

Anybody have a link to that video of a Russian dude testing turkshit shotguns and they're all duds?

Having to come up with tasty food my literal autists can cook is a part of my job I enjoy. The next project, which has grown out of a joke I told in class, is nacho pizza.

What do you do when somebody else drops their chips and queso? Don't worry, it's nacho problem.

Thanks guys. I currently CC illegally, willing taking the risk because the 2A basically isn't real since 1934. I've been hearing that it's a federal law lumping bars and schools and government buildings together as nofuns zones. It's illegal in my state, I'm just curious if it's a federal law

>Methyl Ethyl Ketone
>Ma-Ma's legal name

Any gun that small, even in 380, is going to be snappy. The Sigs aren't any better than the PPK, in fact they might as well be clones without interchangeable parts. Using a gun like the PPK or one of those Sigs just takes practice.

I had the option to buy a P230 or a PPK a while back and went with the PPK because it felt more like a gun and less like a fashion accessory.

For pure utility in that category, the Bersa Thunder 380 is great and a lot cheaper new than the former two used. I know Bersa has a certain reputation but they've been making the Thunder for a long time and it's very well built these days.

Attached: Dredd-Ma-Ma.jpg (620x349, 49K)

Fake steel treatments are fake. MEK is by far the strongest shit I've used. I don't think it's reactive with metals though. It will fuck up polymers/latex/rubber so fast. Acetone is a good substitute, mineral spirits is good for nothing but thinning oil based paints and stains.

>I currently CC illegally
Stop that. Get your license even if you don't agree with the fact that you have to get one. See next point.
>Willing taking the risk because the 2A basically isn't real since 1934
Carrying a gun isn't a form of protest. If you want the laws changed, vote. If you don't like who is running, campaign. If you can't campaign, grassroots some shit on a message board. You only hurt other gun owners when you throw in the towel and say "fuck it, I don't like the laws so I won't obey them". That's the weak way out, and you know damn well you won't be painted as a hero when the day comes that you have to face that shit.

Hi
again

Here's a picture of my PPK with my Bersa Thunder 380.

Attached: ppkbersa.jpg (1920x1080, 922K)

You gonna go with a regular pizza crust or a tortilla crust?

Yeah i know. The governor keeps vetoing constitutional carry. Maybe i am protesting by concealing illegally, never thought of it that way. This is a shall issue state but I'm still tinfoilpilled about being on a list.

I was wanting to buy an Ithaca 37 defense with the 8 round magazine and 20 inch barrel, but I've recently heard the barrels on that particular model are fixed and can't be changed out for a longer barrel is that true?

How's the trigger pull on that Bersa? I'm inclined to absolutely hate most of the DAO handguns I've handled.

Both grocery stores in my town sell ready-made corn masa. Gonna buy a bag and have the kids roll their own crust. I use sheets of waxed paper above and below whatever they're rolling out for maximum success and minimum cleanup. That technique has worked for lots of stuff we've cooked. Next week in science class we'll be making rock candy and copperplating whatever little pieces of metal the kids bring for me to make shiny red. And all you need to do copperplating is root killer, some copper, and a D-cell battery. Did that to a rifle sight once for shits and giggles. It was lots more durable than I expected.

You could get an older one with the extended magazine. I don't know much about current production but the older ones did not have fixed barrels.

Just don't let 'em drink the copper sulfate solution.

Nah i'm a leaf so the used gun market is basically non-existant. I'll just pick up an older 870 instead

>How's the trigger pull on that Bersa? I'm inclined to absolutely hate most of the DAO handguns I've handled.

It's actually very light compared to the PPK, and than my 92 with a D spring. The Bersa is quite spongy though on the DA.

That being said, the Bersa isn't DAO. It's DA/SA.The SA on the Bersa is very crisp, maybe 2-3mm of travel before break.

what ammo do i buy for my first AR? it has a 1:7 twist. I found bulk 55 grain, but from what I gather heavier bullets have tighter groups,but cost way more. next year I will have to do reloads and reloads only. those of you who know why know why.

What do you want to do with it?

For plinking, bulk 55 grain M193 is fine.

For long-range target shooting, 1:7 barrels typically give best accuracy with bullets a bit heavier. Handloads or Federal Gold Medal Match with the 69gr or 77gr Sierra MatchKing bullet would be the place to start there.

Or do you mean to hunt whitetail deer, or coyotes? Or are you asking about SHTF ammo to stockpile?

yeah, that should *probably* be alright, just don't get too retarded on your staking and you shouldn't run into problems taking them apart.

Thanks.

arizonarifleworks.com/APPAREL_c_96.html

not particular, PTR has a generally good reputation

I'm buying 2x 500 round boxes. I hope that is enough. once the ammo is gone I will have to reload or get creative. I don't have reloading gear, but what it sounds like I'll end up doing is buying in bulk while I can and then saving all the brass for heavier reloads down the line. I havent shot in YEARS, so I figure 55gn 5.56 will suffice.

I don't hunt, this is for me to get acquainted with the platform, teach my son the ropes, and hold a small stock in case SHTF. I'm having doubts that 1000 rounds is enough, but money is tight and I am on a lead free diet, so I gotta save enough cash to keep food on the table.

Also, what's up with 223? I read that it's essentially the same as 5.56 but lower FPS? I don't remember, I fell asleep :/

I once meet a blue man. Not from the performers. This guy fell in a vat of that stuff in some industrial accident and his skin never went back to normal. I tell the story in detail before we start that experiment.

>DA/SA

Did not know that, now I'm wanting one. I could just get some dies (I already reload for my rifles, but I'm not much of a pistol guy) and see how light a load would reliably cycle the slide, too.

Then I went and looked them up. They actually look like a solid choice.

Have another recipe.

Attached: cheesburgerTotCasserole.gif (3300x2550, 2.32M)

That should be sufficient. M193 is a fair all-around performer though some find it lacking at long-range target performance. It's always had a good reputation for antipersonnel work out to 150m or thereabouts, depending on barrel length.

5.56mm runs max acceptable pressures 15% higher than .223, or more. This generally means about a 200 feet per second difference in muzzle velocity, all else being equal.

Have you considered a .22 LR for high-volume practice, and just shooting the AR15 enough to familiarize yourself with it, if money for practice ammo is tight? .22 LR gets you a lot more bangs per dollar than 5.56mm does.

not the guy you're responding to, but your argument against civil disobedience is fucking dumb.

>hurr just vote
Your vote literally doesn't matter, it cannot make a difference unless your vote was the decider. When votes are close they do a re count anyway, meaning you will literally never be the tiebreaker. Even if you convinced enough people to vote a particular pro-gun politician in, again, it literally does not matter and will make no difference. He will be drowned out by the myriad of other anti-gun politicians.

Essentially what you're suggesting is that one person should try and totally change which party controls his state and their opinions. By convincing a plurality of the voters in his state to agree with him. It is an impossible task set so he can fulfil the basic human need of defending his own life.

Democracy is fucked, an individual has no voice. Hiding behind "just work within the system" is nothing but cowardice. Taking personal responsibility for your own security is called having some fucking integrity.

Attached: ausgun.jpg (597x817, 147K)

>22 LR gets you a lot more bangs per dollar than 5.56mm does.
It does something else, too: it has longer barrel time so it magnifies you mistakes more than a centerfire will.

nacho pizza, brown some ground chuck off in a pan with taco seasoning, add 1/3 pico de gallo and cook until onions go translucent, spread over soft taco, cover with mexican cheese blend and let sit under broiler until cheese is melted.

I plan on picking a 10/22 up soon. i bought a 500rd .22 brick, but i seem to have misplaced it. I should buy another just in case. are 556 and 223 casings rated the same? Can I reload heavier 62+ grain bullets into casings that originally held 55gn 223? I'm green as fuck and I won't lie.

5.56mm and .223 cases are identical in external dimensions. Beyond that--some sources say that military brass is a little heavier, to reduce the likelihood of case head separations due to the extremely violent extraction cycle of belt-fed LMGs. Other sources say that there is more variation between manufacturers of commercial .223 brass than there is between .223 and 5.56mm, and that some brass headstamped .223 is made on 5.56mm tooling to 5.56mm specs. I am told that handloaders should consider them interchangeable--which means you work up the load from the start each time you get a new batch of brass or a different headstamp, stopping at any sign of unsafe pressures.

And yes, get .22 LR ammo now while you can--for most of the duration of the Obama administration there was a severe nationwide shortage of 22 LR and it is now cheap and widely available again. A 10/22 is fine. A Marlin 795 or Savage 64 would also be fine. Or even a bolt-action, for practice and plinking. I have a prewar Remington 513 Targetmaster with old all-steel Lyman peep sights, and it is much more accurate than I can shoot, despite having a lightweight sporter barrel.

>Your vote literally doesn't matter, also everything else in your post regarding politics
I literally talked about that, and what you can do to make it matter in my reply

>Taking personal responsibility for your own security is called having some fucking integrity
That's what I am actually arguing for, but you dismissed this idea with your assumption that voting doesn't matter and therefore you should just give up

Only difference is you define security as just personal protection from other persons, and I broaden that definition to protection from the state, which is what the 2A was originally meant for.

I'm all for ideas and ideologues, but your specific and narrow-minded view on this topic is going to get you killed when you pull a "muh rights" on a state trooper, and your well-defined arguments forged in the fire of the all knowing internet aren't going to help you.

tl;dr you're a coward. "Waaah votes don't matter" - People who lost the latest relevant election and don't have the initiative to do anything about it except complain, 2018 (colorized, like ur mum)