Hello /k

Hello /k

today was the day I finally upgraded myself from nogunz to yesgunz, bought a Beretta PX4 Compact in 9x19 and looking forward to some time at the range on saturday.

Should I change or modify something with the Beretta?

Attached: yesgunz.jpg (2048x1472, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/
berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-px4-safety-and-slide-catch-low-prof-typ-g-only-/e00348/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Something to change? Change it into a Glock.

Glocks are so ugly!

THE DIGITS HAVE SPOKEN

get to know the gun inside and out, stock from the factory as beretta intended. if you find things you really hate you can always change them later.

Welcome to the club user. Don't change anything because your addiction has just begun. Buy ammo, git gud. Save for your next purchase. No need to sink more money into one gun, you can sink money into more guns.

>Should I change or modify something with the Beretta?

Tritium sights if you must, but other than that, not much. It's definitely one the better DA/SA compact guns that you can get out of the box without going full-autist with extraneous features.

Should have bought a 1911

Switch the safety to a decocker

The Px4 compact is an awesome handgun. Put your money into ammo and range time for it. The only real "upgrade" I can think of is the Beretta 8000 hammer spring swap you can do, which smooths out the trigger a little bit on Px4's.

Is there a list with good ammo?
I bought Fiocchi 115gr, Sellier Bellot 124, RUAG 124gr and Remington Golden Saber bonded 147 to test out on range.

Is that mag loaded backwards?

whatever is allowed at your range that your gun will cycle and that you can get for the cheapest is the way to go. for personal defense, that's a much more complicated question, a good reference is luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/

found the fud

Attached: fucking_stop.jpg (598x448, 33K)

Oh and I also bought Magtech Nontox, for training I just want cheap and clean ammo, will see what works out.

Interest

Excellent first gun! Keep it forever. You actually picked a good one!

Thanks, I have tested out many but the PX4 was the best fit in my hand and is also a very pleasant shooting pistol.

the PX4 series of handguns are extremely underrated, and I love mine.

Do the decocker-only conversion
Directions are on the beretta forms

And ive gotten a metal guide rod for mine cause i dont like the plastic one it comes with

only change I can think of is this berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-px4-safety-and-slide-catch-low-prof-typ-g-only-/e00348/

The only thing I dislike about Beretta handguns is the propensity to accidentally engage the safety when on the clock. This modification turns your F-series to a G-series, and is a legal mod for IDPA SSP and USPSA Production. Your pistol will still be stock.

Px4 Storm is a great gun. Since it's your first you're better off learning how to shoot with classes and/or lots of range time before making any decisions on what you want to buy next, whether it's new parts or a new firearm.

I thought about replacing the standard trigger with a steel one, the one that Beretta offers on their website. (The langdon trigger problem I know about...)
But that wont change how the pistol works, its just an aesthetic improvement.

>Should I change or modify something with the Beretta?
since you were nogunz, just practice and train with your first gun in stock form.
After you're a bit more experienced, then start changing things. Too many fucking people start swapping out triggers because they think anything over 2 oz pull is bad and they over exaggerate things like how a glock trigger takes 4 tons to pull,is on par to dragging your feet on asphalt, and how the return distance is 4 miles and blah blah blah blah.
Once you get enough triggertime with inevitable multiple guns you own, then you can find what you personally prefer and not prefer. If you're going to carry this gun, a good holster and actual gunbelt or a stiff belt will do wonders.

Yes I wont mess with the mechanics, especially not with the trigger weight.

>Fiocchi 115gr
I see you are a man of taste, have a spaghetti qt. Fiocchi is probably my favorite brand of ammo, never had an issue with any of their stuff. Whatever you do, avoid remanufactured ammo and never shoot someone else's handloads.

Attached: 281283b552cd5d60fc952e265427154c.jpg (736x790, 78K)

Thanks, the fiocchi was 5€ more expensive but I just needed to have a 50 round pack of italian ammo for my Beretta.

then the only real thing is the sights, but even that can wait unless you really loathe the factory sights or have people breaking into your house every night.

I so wish that would happen, you have no idea.

That is a great gun, congratulations.

As other people have said it, the best thing to do now is train a lot, get proficient with it, do some pistol classes, and buy some extra mags.

As far as modifications go, the only thing I would change on it would be the safety, a G conversion with low profile safety does wonders.

That's about it, really, more mags, a cleaning kit, and maybe a G conversion, and definitely lots of training.

I dislike the PX4 grip (no place to rest the thumb), slide safety and trigger, but if this gun suits you well... Make sure to fingerfuck it often and buy a shitload of ammo to shoot through it.

>Can't even spell "fudd" correctly

Attached: git.jpg (637x854, 70K)

Hello new fren

Attached: i-am-so-sad-and-depressed-nothung-would-make-me-34495891.png (500x566, 78K)

Great first gun! Head to the range and get alot of practice! There are lots of good options you get get for that, many people change the safety to decocker only. Others kind of complain about the slide finish wearing off. Maybe consider a refinish at some point (if you want)

Hello OP, I have a Px4 as well, only thing I've done is mount a laser sight on the underrail. Beyond that It's a great gun and it feels so fucking good in the hand

>I'm just excited to see a gun I own being talked about on Jow Forums

I have the full-size in .40sw, it's a fantastic gun. Beretta's website has a catalogue for parts, in particular I like the metal guide rod to add a little forward weight and better sights. Get used to shooting it, then see if you want some upgrades. I love mine and use it for everything.

So's the PX4

clearly you really wanted an HK

Attached: F4A2 - Edited.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

The only thing people really suggest is the safety lever because it sticks out so far. Shoot with it before you change the front sight or trigger. I would probably stick some grip tape on the side panels if I wanted to carry it.

Don't worry about modifications. Practice a few times, then any upgrades should improve the gun's purpose.

For example, if it is a home defense pistol, consider adding a light to the front. Don't waste money and be hasty. Spending money on your gun won't make you better, practice will.

Witnessed

Attached: Di3q3A5XoAAxNPO.png (579x440, 292K)