$3500 for long range raifu

Hey guys, need some help as I've never been in a position with this much disposable cashish for gun.
>Budget of $3500 for long range raifu
>Want to go with AR-10 type but open to bolt-gun as well
> Pref. 308 cal.

Preferably a complete rifle.

Hungover as shit, but hopefully that made some sense. Any tips, suggestions are much appreciated.

Attached: AR10TAC20.jpg (1200x365, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_kggj0T8w0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't bother with any AR platform for a long range rifle, you would be wasting your money on something that is limited by a semi-automatic action.

>$3500
You could spend half on an AR-10 for shorter distances (400-600 yards) and then still pick up a very nice bolt gun for longer distances. Unless you are going to double that amount the variation you are looking at is going to be minimal.

if you go boltgun, consider a GRS laminate stock. They're very well designed for long range precision shooting

For a top tier scope, I'd go NightForce 8-32x56mm NXS . It's 2k so you'd need to stretch your budget to get a rifle under it

Fist off, is the $3500 budget for the gun alone or do you need to get an optic in that budget as well?

If you need glass, I'd budget at minimum $1000 for glass.

What I would probably do is pick up something like a Tikka T3x Tac A1 in 308. You can pick them up for $1800 through cabelas. You can get something like a Vortex PST Gen II for right around $1000 and have $700 left over to put into a solid bipod or a nice rest, maybe pick up a chronograph or some reloading equipment if you don't already have those things.
If you're not hand loading already, I'd definitely set aside some money out of your budget to start. You're going to have better luck with good hand loads through a mid range gun than you will with factory ammo through a top of the line rifle.

Attached: Tac A1.png (1925x408, 172K)

Op here.
I forgot to mention that I already have a Remington 700 in 7mm rem mag with some decent glass. It's old school (mid 70's mfg I believe) And it shoots like a dream.

The $3500 is all gun. no scope or extras. I figured I'd try for a good semi-auto that I can use both for long range, I live in AZ. As well as for potential hunting down the road.

If that's the case, you can pick up a GAP-10 G2 right around $3k

Attached: GAP-10 G2.png (1920x669, 633K)

>le semi auto is less accirate maymay XD

I have one, the Berserk, and, with the probable exception of the GRS Bolthorn, I'd rather have a MacMillan.
If I was OP, I'd look into getting a SSG3000 and put the rest into getting a Spuhr one-piece mount with enough tilt a good scope for it (Schmidt & Bender PM, Kahles K624i, or maybe an IOR Recon if you're cheap), and then look at bipod, rear bag or whatever.

mk20

The berserk isnt a laminate stock. But anyway.

I really like mine, its ergos are fantastic imo

Check out pof 308 revolution.

It's a waste. Considering how long most long range barrels last you would be better off with a bolt gun.

If you really want to go ahead, you should settle on a caliber first. You have a lot of choices depending on distance.

My bad, I missed the laminate part.
I will be working to rectify that, though - I'll be getting a GRS Sporter in a few months, to put on my .22.

>buy actual quality barrel
>put it on AR10
>mfw you have no argument

Attached: image0.jpg (556x610, 197K)

I have the GRS sporter for an F class build, and its doing brilliantly so far.

Some calibers have ridiculously short barrel life.

.243 is a caliber that comes to mind. .270 also has problems.

Also .308 Winchester is not the best caliber for every kind of encounter, I can think of use cases that do not make sense.

thanks, I like it!
I'm mainly looking at 308 due to it being readily available, relatively inexpensive and good round to have for when I start getting into G3's and FAL's

The 308 you fire through a FAL is not going to be the same thing you're using for a true precision rifle.

Replacing barrels on AR-10s is retard level easy though.
>buy .243 GAP-10
>replace barrels every 2000 rounds
>dominate every long range comp

Get a 32" barrel RFB.

LMT MWS.
Theres a sale coming up on uppers Dec 14th

This would be easy for me
-tikka tac a1 in 6.5 creedmoor about $1700
-vortex viper PST ii 5-25x about $1000
-rest into a single stage press set up and some ammo to get started

EASY

Get out of my head
(I swear I did not read your post before posting the below)

Attached: 1542309918368.jpg (537x534, 75K)

was going to post that, cause I heard they're pretty good. Are they really good like i keep hearing about?

I'm not in your head, friend. You... or should I say, I. We? Yeah, we posted this earlier, don't you remember?

Attached: 907eddf6ea33304ad52c939977b7bc8e696a3253_full.jpg (184x184, 25K)

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_kggj0T8w0o