Who else /snowedin/ here? I just opened the front door here in Virginia and this is what I saw...

Who else /snowedin/ here? I just opened the front door here in Virginia and this is what I saw. Seems pretty SHTF to me! Are you hunkered down with enough gear and supplies?

Attached: 49AF596D-99F3-4233-9F98-17E9F517530F.jpg (1536x2048, 638K)

>4 inches of snow
>Snowed in
Get back to me when your 15% humidity indoor air turns to steam and rushes out when you open the front door.

>4 inches of snow
Laughs in Canadian

Attached: 1541016460126.png (569x802, 530K)

lol, you southerners are funny when it snows.

13 inches and still coming down at about an inch every half hour.

Make a snowman!

Lol you know how little you need on hand to survive even a week snowed in ? Literally just water. Dumbass.

>can't tell the difference between drift depth and actual accumulation.
Southrons, everybody.
Open the cabinets under your sinks and let them drip a little so your shit doesn't burst. If you have a gas stove be prepared to melt snow if the city loses power and the water mains shut down. If not be prepared to do it on your car's engine.

It rained all day and the temperature dropped to 72 degrees.

t. Floridaman.

>Snowed in
Cozy. Just imagine, Jow Forums.
>Snowed in, roads impassable
>Power is out
>You, your wife, kids, and dogs all curl up in the living room around the wood stove
>You bring out your lever-action +revolver matching pair and tell your kids stories about how people used to live when your old house was built.
>Eating off the food stored in the basement and bonding for a few days until finally the TV kicks back on, the kids cheer, and you resign yourself back to your busy life.

Attached: b435cfe0e5ead4e0df99854f1756688d.gif (346x519, 812K)

I'm going home in to the midwest this christmas after living in a tropical climate for two years. I fear the long cold sleep.

I just moved back to Las Vegas from Virgina. Miss me with that snow shit and humidity. But fuck man I miss Longhorns, Wawa, Wafflehouse and Publix

Just shovel your fucking entryway, nerd. Be thankful for heavy snow because us Northerners have to deal with snow that turns into rain that turns into ice, so instead of 4 inches of snow we have an inch of ice blocking our doorways in. Thankfully we're not retards and we take care of our goddamn property or else we'd all already be dead.

Attached: 1542228879947.jpg (1197x1133, 195K)

>4 inches
>snowed in
>laughingnortherner.jpg

You might not be a “prepper” but everyone should have enough food and water per person for atleast 3 days. 4” of snow might now be earth shattering but you never know when you might be stuck at home

That's not called anything except being a responsible adult.

I live in the city that wins the "Golden Snowball" just about every year (most snow). That probably happens 7 or 8 times every winter. Our DPW crews know what to do and your DPW crew is in total meltdown right now so... bundle up and walk to the store faggot, you won't die. Buy food. Buy enough booze to forget what's happening inside.
Check back in on Outside tomorrow, it might be better.

"happening outside" rather

Amelia County reporting. A foot and turning to sleet. I'm a Berkshire County MA native, and the southern response to snow is appropriate. They lack the equipment to clear it quickly; some roads in this county will be closed for days. It's a 45 mile drive to work, and I'm definitely staying home tomorrow, as is everyone else. I don't even have to bother calling in. Even the main roads will be a nightmare until tomorrow afternoon. Secondary roads lack any sort of shoulder at all, meaning a slight skid could send you into the ditch. Since folks lack experience driving in snow and ice, accidents will be frequent among those who choose to drive.

Attached: bean_cane_gun_ad.jpg (600x335, 84K)

God I wish that was me.

you moved to vegas and you honestly miss the snow? fuck man, i moved here because i dont have to deal with natural distasters of any sort. just get used to blinding direct sunlight

757. It's just raining here, but I wish it were snow. I moved from 517, and we'd get enough snow in a day to shut down my new place for a month. I miss it sometimes.

Also 757. It showed in williamsburg

Snowed *

snowed in my ass thats like a foot of snow you fucking puss

757 here.

6+ inches of snow is usually snowed in for eastern Va. Most of the time, they close schools for as little as a half-inch of snow. Which is retarded, but there you go.

I'm familiar with Amelia county I've worked all sorts of areas from the beach to Brunswick to Lynchburg to tazwell. If Amelia got nearly a foot that shit is shut down until Wednesday

I lived and worked in the 757 for 3 years fuck that place, bunch of spicks and welfare niggers

Trick us northerners use to survive these trying time is to have a backup system.
>Power is out so no heat?
No biggy. Use a Mr Buddy. Have some 1 lb cans around for it or a hose to a 20 lb. Now you wont freeze to death!
>Cant cook on stove?
Butane/propane cooking stove top. Just lay a pan under it to protect in case of bad shielding below. I like butane and keep spare cans around. Each canister will last about 3 hours. So plenty of cooking time.
>No lights?
Battery powered head lamps. Makes it so much easier to read a book or aim correctly into the toilet.

Attached: Mr buddy portable nut warmer.jpg (782x394, 50K)

all these yankees in here talking shit like they don`t piss themselves every time there are even whispers of a hurricane.

Stafford fag reporting. Where you at, OP?

It got kinda cold for like half an hour this morning, it actually rained for the first time in like three months a few days ago.

t. Southern Commiefornia

AVL, NC
12ish but it's been melting steadily. Family up the road a bit had 16. Friend in Winston got more than me somehow. Have to get up early tomorrow to take the wife to work since her car won't make it like muh truck can

>be in WA
>no snow in my area for years
I remember several feet when I was a kid.
I just want to hoon around like a fool in my gay ass miata in the ice, is that so much to ask?

>Idiolizing a drama teacher
Ishiggidiggy

>laughs in Michigan

Grab a shovel faggot, or just some boots
Snow won't kill you if you walk on it

It snowed like a fucker here in Burnsville. Did some donuts in the parking lot st the old Chevy dealership. Fun.

Richmond. A neighborhood they won’t plow for a week.

In upstate NY and only a foot overnight for Thanksgiving that melted, only a few inches now, I don't understand it and don't like it.

Nice dubs

>tfw barely any snow
What the fuck I live in Michigan where is all the snow I should be buried bu now

Minnesota has been warm and lacking in any appreciable snow the last couple years.

It's been colder than usual for this time of year and no snow. We had maybe one snowfall where I had to clean my car in the morning. What's happening.

>propane
Is kinda sketch if it gets too cold. The shit won't turn into a gas readily. Kerosene is where it's at

704, we got like two inches of snow mixed with sleet. I don’t get why is everyone shitting themselves about this, plows came through at 8am yet everything closed early or didn’t open at all today.

This just in time warehousing is some bullshit, the slush+ice+snow overnight from 10pm to 9am really fucked over delivery truck schedules.

804 got around a foot, maybe more.

>southern people in charge of dealing with a little bit of snow
Let me guess, your whole state shut down because of that small time shit?

Attached: 1473555798980.jpg (126x126, 5K)

Enough about you and Tyrone

>snowed in
hahahahahahaha
snowniggers rise up

Attached: IMAG0672.jpg (3264x1840, 2.14M)

upstate winter starts in January

You're probably not going to make it.

Attached: Finland_is_a_pretty_cool_guy.jpg (1680x3906, 2.51M)

Almost choked to death reading this
Again

Nigger I got three times that much 4 days ago and all I did was shovel the fucking driveway

Why the fuck not??

VDOT doesn't plow neighborhoods, only main roads.

Former RVA in DC reporting. We got nothing. Sucks.

RVA reporting. That's def RVA. Gotta love it. I'm chillin hard today.

Why is RVA so full of faggots?

Hopefully 95 and Broad Street will both be plowed - I was hoping to get out to Wegmans in Short Pump to resupply today. And, y'know, maybe Cabelas too...

If things are a little better tomorrow I want to get out to Hull Street Outlet to see if they have any interesting new milsurp gear in stock, and then maybe stop at Send-a-Chef for a Ghetto Burger.

Yes. Because when your climate is sub-tropical, a foot of snow shuts things down. The state maintains all roads; there are no county or town plows. They are simply not equipped to quickly deal with this amount of snow. As I said, some roads in my county will be closed for days until the plows get around to them.

>Hull st outlet
That's not that far from me, what area code are you? 804 here.

Same. HSO is without a doubt the best combination military surplus/office furniture store I've ever found anywhere.

I live in montana where they dont plow for several days on some roads, and a slight skid will push you off a mountain into a frozen river where it could be days to find you.
Get good tires and quit being dumb (not directed at you) downside is you can't plan for the retards that think, I have 4wd and shitty tires on my car/truck I can go anywhere as fast as I want.

>pls kill me mr CO

>we northerners handle snow so well
>we are mega tough
>school in new york shuts down in only 90 degree F weather
daily reminder the heat and humidity combo is the worst shit. this is what make moss grow on your ass in florida.
t.va fag who deals with 110 and shit tons of humidity just as fine as 10 inches of snow.

virginians are master race, fite me.