>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Discord Linkiepoo
discord.gg/5GG87Uu

Old Shit:

Attached: USPKola.jpg (1346x1200, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/02/01/the-army-is-working-to-fix-flaws-in-its-new-handgun-after-critical-dod-report/
youtube.com/watch?v=MJtJkMZThhY
soldiersystems.net/2018/02/02/modular-handgun-system-things-arent-as-bad-as-the-dote-report-implies/
ballisticmag.com/2018/05/23/glock-17-torture-test-ocean/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looking for first full size 9mm. Leaning towards Glock 17. Sell me your opinions.

Get that dank PL15. Low bore axis, 16 rnd cap and it just looks god damn sexy

Attached: pl15.jpg (850x556, 63K)

Attached: Two handguns.jpg (2390x1536, 1.38M)

G17 is great.

Go btfo yourself OC

Attached: German Gun, German Biscuit.jpg (1600x1200, 1.1M)

>he enjoys paying out the ass to shoot a meme cartridge
I'd want a 5.7 if I was going to Sam Fisher people in a federal building or if I worked security at a bank. Can't justify the expense otherwise

I like fishing for angry poorfags

B-but I have that FNX .45 too, user

Your opinion's the only that matters user.

What do YOU like about which guns?

*I* like low recoil, comfy grips, low cost, crisp triggers, short reset and 3 dot sights. Glox only have one of those things for me.

Are you ever going to yiff a new gun or just stick with two forever?

Attached: beretta 8001.jpg (2200x1467, 1.03M)

poast

I've acquired a couple new guns since we last spoke but I bought a Skyline a few weeks ago which sapped most of my gun money

Attached: Benellicar.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

*handgun

It'll be quite a while before I get a new handgun, I'm gonna be focusing most of 2019 on AKs and /o/

Nearly everything does better than a glock
Dont be a fucking tool

My unit is replacing the M9 with the M17, what's your thoughts on them?

Personally, I hate the fucking Beretta so I'll take anything.

Attached: PY-4695_SIG-Sauer-M17-P320_1539717039.jpg (1600x1200, 109K)

The M17 is trash
armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/02/01/the-army-is-working-to-fix-flaws-in-its-new-handgun-after-critical-dod-report/

And the only reason you hate the Beretta is because your fucking armorers dont take care of them right and/or because you have tiny hands.

I'm still a poorfag because it's not the tactical version but 15+1 of fuddy five was too much to pass up

Attached: g26fnx45.jpg (1400x1867, 567K)

Sad

Attached: FiveseveN wheelyboi.jpg (3024x4032, 2.51M)

New addition

Attached: 2018-12-08_16.31.19.jpg (2281x1556, 2.82M)

Getting a 1911 do I go Colt or Springfield. Please don’t suggest anything else.

Does anyone make a Vanguard-style minimalist holster for revolvers, particularly a S&W N-frame?
Looking to save some ounces on my bear defense setup.

Attached: YF3hT.jpg (800x533, 238K)

Ruger

Anyone own or have shot a Rex Zero? I'm looking to decide between that and an M9a3 for next purchase.

Attached: DSC04074[1].jpg (1500x1026, 644K)

Okay I’ll bite. Why should I go Ruger?

Springfield
Colt is garbage now

sig p238 vs smith and wesson 642, which is the superior pocket gun and why

Attached: sig p238.jpg (600x353, 53K)

It's literally "just as good as" Colt or SA for less money since Ruger isn't just coasting on their brand name.
This is assuming you're going for a new, relatively basic 1911; if you're looking at, e.g., an old Gold Cup or a PC9111, that's different.

Attached: 9111lr.jpg (3053x2208, 2.3M)

Remember to carry fmj user, bears will laugh at your hollow points.

You cant go wrong with either

Go back to your containment thread, you cancerous piece of chode crust.

S&W 351PD
It weighs almost nothing and short barrel defensive ammo like Gold Dots and Critical Defense penetrates 10-12" of gelatin, expands to .35-.44 cal, is effectively recoil-free, costs as much as 9mm FMJ, and you get seven per cylinder.
If the exposed hammer is a dealbreaker, they also make the Centennial-style 351C, but it comes with rubber stocks and a nearly unusable golf ball front sight which would both need to be replaced before putting it to serious use.

Attached: d0c878147fe6b478353b238d5e650dcb.jpg (425x327, 27K)

Mmm, Glock hater tears are extra salty this season!

I was going for a range officer 1911 in Springfield.

As someone who just passed 5000 rounds on his 19, I wouldn't blame someone buying literally any other quality pistol instead.
Glocks are very adequate in every technical respect, but some people want a gun that's fun to shoot, or aesthetically pleasing, or designed for people who don't have rectangular hands.

how do you find them not fun? Just curious

I think that it's funny that you BTFO'd yourself out of /ard/

I do not like the P320

Very nice!

Both are good, but if you're in that price range, give the Langdon LTT a good look too.

You're already in it.

Attached: MR E .jpg (1600x1271, 795K)

I own four of them. I don’t disagree that they’re mediocre. They’re designed to do everything, but excel at nothing. It’s the perfect “everyman’s gun.” But the blatant hate for Glocks and claims that they’re a “better Hi-Point” is unfounded and undeserved. It’s fine to like other guns, but 90% of all Glock hate is just reactionary hipsterism. It’s akin to “I bought a Google phone because everyone else uses Apple and Samsung.”

Adjusting for mediocrity in grip angle, grip shape, and trigger pull isn't fun for those of us who grew up shooting quality handguns firearms.

Get the HD model

Attached: P238 HD (stainless steel frame model).jpg (2575x1941, 516K)

I did the same. Not that worried about it being non tac at this point

Attached: E406FC99-BEF9-4FD4-A266-B7CAA3D752C2.jpg (2074x1535, 743K)

My carry gun is the 26 for that reason. Glocks are boring and ugly but they fucking run and I'd trust my life to it.

Cog and Trill had a meltdown and I just didn't bother to rejoin
A few others haven't rejoined either last I heard
The way Mek and I dunked on cog and trill was pretty hilarious tho, idk if they told you about it

Attached: [trying not to laugh].jpg (1607x1143, 243K)

Post a pic of yours user, is yours fde too?

what gun would you put against it, pricewise?

>grip angle
Subjective.
>grip shape
Subjective.
>trigger pull
Valid, but really, the only people who care are competition shooter or just really stingy enthusiasts. I don’t think it’s fair to imply a Glock isn’t “quality” just because your hand disagrees with it.

hows the recoil on it? The biggest draw back for any .38 is I dont want it to kick too much. I had a hard time with revolver shooting and my last revolver was the 640, so something smaller is making me cautious

my biggest issue with the sigs is the price, I just cant justify spending 600 dollars on a .380
If I find one for a good deal then sure, but im not holding my breath

Buddy has a black one. Honestly I like the look of the stainless slide or the full FDE one

Attached: IMG_20181130_170752144_crop_400x474~2.jpg (474x400, 41K)

It's boring and I don't shoot it very well.
I've rented a few other handguns and shot all of them at least as well as my 19, even the ones that you'd expect to be harder to shoot than a striker-fired 9mm, like a Glock 23, S&W 629, and Beretta Px4 (getting better groups at 10 yards alternating between DA and SA than I can manage at 5 yards with the 19, ffs)

Define “boring.” I never understand when someone describes a gun as boring. I’m not knocking you or anything, but I think I all guns are a blast (no pun intended) to shoot.

Most models from both manufactuers are poor value for money but Springfield less so, so Springfield.

You SUUUUURE you don't want to think about Ruger, Sig and Remington? Ruger doesn't do checkering on any but one ("""custom""") of their 1911 I believe, but the rest you can get frame checkering for the same or lower cost than an otherwise equivalent Springfield or Colt.

Link to my containment thread, please?

Attached: benchmade9052.jpg (1500x987, 124K)

This is exactly my thoughts on Sig. The price is the only thing that keeps me from purchasing their firearms. A brand new P229 is definitely not worth $1000.

The recoil is barely perceptible. With any attempt at a proper grip you can only tell that the gun fired by the muzzle blast and the front sight bobbing a little.
I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who wants a pocket gun that isn't miserable to practice with.

Dumbest post of the year. Congrats.

How be that deutsch circle chocolate anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=MJtJkMZThhY

>pocket gun
>extra heavy model
That’s fucking stupid. Makes the most comfortable way to carry it more awkward. I don’t doubt it’s a lot nicer to shoot than the alloy frame.

>You SUUUUURE you don't want to think about [...] Remington?
110% sure

p10,ppq,apx

quality implies value. glocks are not $500 guns. other striker guns in that price range and below are objective improvements in all but external dimensions

soldiersystems.net/2018/02/02/modular-handgun-system-things-arent-as-bad-as-the-dote-report-implies/
better than the beretta according to most actual users, has some teething issues though.
FN hardcast is the proper answer.
>who cares how exceedingly common a complaint is, it doesn't matter as long as it's subjective
come on now. Just because it's subjective doesn't change the fact that many people don't like those particular features or their execution. Its subjective that you don't like getting fucked in the ass too, doesn't change the fact that it isn't a great requirement for most products considering hoe divisive it is.

>better than guns that have been abused by multiple generations of grunts
That's not a very high bar to clear.

Attached: 2017-04-15 10.55.22.jpg (1920x2560, 1.68M)

Attached: 2017-08-03 13.36.54.jpg (1920x2560, 3.48M)

Attached: 20170305-IMG_2409.jpg (1920x1280, 624K)

I bet it'd shoot circles around J-frames and polymer-framed pocket autos in IDPA BUG division.

springfields are pretty good for the price if you can live with their shady anti-2a history, and the kind of weird sourcing of parts. iirc they used to source some of their parts from brazil, but the range officers and above will also used forged frames now.

rugers will probably also be cast at the price point they are at, but there isn't much somebody should be worried about since that they have been doing for literally all of their manufacturing from the get-go.

Even if Ruger's cast frames were a potential issue, I doubt anybody buying a sub-$1000 1911 is realistically going to shoot enough .45 ACP to break one (much like cast vs. forged FAL receivers)

yeah, i definitely agree with that. i think with what i know now, i'd probably still save to get a dan wesson or something, but for babbys first 1911, i wouldn't have an issue recommending a cast ruger or even a rock island at this point.

Attached: handgunz.jpg (2529x1836, 1.18M)

I think a $500 gun that can do this is pretty quality.

ballisticmag.com/2018/05/23/glock-17-torture-test-ocean/

>actual users
All the guys who "actually use" pistols shoot Glocks. 99.6% of the people being issued M17s would be just as well-served by a Single Action Army.

Attached: 4cc7bb1b7f13628e19f1a3faf78074c8.jpg (736x1024, 86K)

I have a USP .45 with the LEM trigger for $450 local to me. Should I buy?

looking to get a 92fs/m9 for my main range piece to shoot every week

Is there no reason why I shouldn't just go for an m9a3 even if its just for the straight grip angle? having trouble deciding on whether I should just settle since I'd like to stick with this one gun for a long time

Except it doesn’t matter. The Glock being a brick does not alter the performance of the firearm itself.

I’ve personally never shot an M9A3 myself, but over the course of a single week, I personslly witnessed the slide stop popping out of the frame after about two magazines on three separate M9A3s. And these were brand new too, not rentals or heavily used ones. Just my two cents.

Any potential QC issues that would affect the A3 would affect the FS/M9/A1 just as much.
Just get the A3 and trust Beretta customer service to have your back.

320s are nice, for striker fired poly wonders. They had some teething issues, which even early beretta 92's had.

I still don't like striker fired poly guns.

Not that guy, but how important is front strap checkering? I haven't shot a 1911 but a handful of times many years ago so I don't know from experience. Coincidentally I am also about to buy my first 1911 and had narrowed it down to Ruger, Colt and Springfield. I like the Ruger and it has everything I want in a beginner 1911 (except ambi safety but I can live with that or install one/have one installed later) and is a great price. However, I had finally decided to spend a couple hundred dollars more and get the Colt Competition ($900 plus tax) but this thread and your post has me considering if I should change my mind. I feel like my decision making is being blinded by the prancing horse on the slide.

>designed to do everything
Except thats wrong. They’re designed to be cheap and sold at a bargain for mil and police. They’re made for businesses and orgsnizations, not people.

See

Funny how that works. Last time I was at the range, I played with a 17, Beretta 92fs, and a CZ-75B. I grabbed up the Glock and shot okay immediately; picked up the sights intuitively even though my tactical shot is ass, barely had to correct for recoil and shot until the mag was empty, just pulling the trigger. I still enjoyed the other two more because I actually had to work a bit to shoot them and the ergos were better. I did change my mind on Glock and feel like it would make for a good carry piece.

Found something interesting on the bottom of my mag.

Attached: 20181210_005632.jpg (4032x1960, 1.85M)

I hope you realize that is a joke article.

are hi powers supposed to have such an awful, gritty trigger that's 99% creep?

Attached: hippe3.jpg (1932x2576, 1.07M)

it being a brick affects handling of the weapon. it doesnt matter to you because youre drowning in kool aid.

yes everybody knows this.

Or my hands fit it well

Yes, everyone knows that Hi-Power triggers suck.

>all those fliers
block perfection

What sights do you hkboys like on you're p30/vp9s? Any recs? I feel like I want a thinner front post.

Attached: 0721181734a~2.jpg (2597x3713, 2.11M)

How does a v1 tigger on a hk work? I know its dasa with safety but is the safety only usable in sa mode?

DA/SA v1 is the USP line. P30s v1 is LEM. You can engage the safety on a USP in any hammer state

I was looking to get a hk45c tactical. K wish the safety only worked in single action. Ffs

>the USP line
i.e., the USP and HK45

>P30s v1 is LEM
This also applies to the P2000

Just get the LEM. Basically SAO

I'm considering this as a 1911. How do they hold up?

Attached: springfield 1911.png (1200x782, 806K)

what are some of your favorite .380s

I dont own one and have been shopping around, so far im interested in
>glock 42
>walther ppk
>sig p238

Attached: glock-42.jpg (1200x842, 240K)

>according to most users
Do you have a link for this bullshit statement?
Also I’ve seen some promotional trash for this. Most of the test people couldn’t tell you if it was an FN or a Glock or a Sig, because they don’t give a shit.

They’re issued the glock because its cheap and weighs less than most everything else. Still a pain to use with gloves but they don’t have to worry since they’ll almost never use it.

Own a p238, I've posted a lot about it. It handles recoil well, feels good in the hand with the 7 round extended magazine, and has a nice trigger for a carry gun, but I was experiencing some issues where it would eject terribly and smack me in the face. I had three other people fire it and they all got the fat brass bukkake. I sent it back to Sig and the issue is resolved, but buyer beware, the memes about Sig are unfortunately true. I own 4 other handguns and haven't experienced issues out of the box like that, just with the Sig.

I have one and I love mine, Very reliable and accurate. If you do get one make sure the serial number starts with NM so you know its made in the USA

>I own 4 other handguns and haven't experienced issues out of the box like that, just with the Sig.
Buy a new S&W revolver.

They would fit something else 100x better