Im going to join the Air Force

Im going to join the Air Force.

Attached: air-force-logo.png (1024x1024, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

airforce.com/careers/detail/nuclear-weapons?_ga=2.2574515.2068783043.1544424798-419435227.1544424798
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_Engineer_Deployable_Heavy_Operational_Repair_Squadron_Engineers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok

Attached: akane.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Have fun being a miserable useful idiot for elites who want you dead and replaced with third worlders and transexuals.

Have fun! Considering joining after I get a cyber sec degree

Thank you for your future service.

Attached: hand rubbing intensifies.gif (365x341, 2.91M)

looking forward to the pics of you getting knighted by the weeb sword of chairforceness

Attached: img[1].jpg (2000x1045, 186K)

be prepared to be made fun of by every other branch entirely out of jealousy that you are treated at least 75% better than they are.

sincerely USN destroyerfag.

Hey, same here. Went to MEPS a few days ago. Scored high on the ASVAB, gotta pick a job now.

all the cred of joining the military, half the work of the other branches
>nice

This is true. You're going to retire in 20 years and not be a disheveled wreck of a human being.

Say hi to the SGC for me

Attached: GOOLD.jpg (700x393, 130K)

Can't wait to boss you around

- sincerely your future cadre

In all seriousness, OP, the AF is a good choice. I did 6 years as an Aerospace Physiology Technician. Great job.

AMA

Do not go security forces

Yeah hope you look forward to being replaced by a robot within a couple years. Maybe we can get that 85% civilian casualty rate up to 99% before then? Rooting for you, user!

On the upside it might be cool once they finish the rest of Voltron.

Why?

Why are such a flaming cocksucking plane repairing welding fucker? And what are the goods and bad with the job?

Do you like the idea of standing at a gate all day for most of your enlistment?

I'm going to join the queue that runs around the block straight into your mom's bedroom

Ansswet my seconf question chair force fag!!!!

Pretty much what said, and you gain no marketable skills for the outside world when your enlistment(s) is over, the culture is terrible, and you won't get a lot of the comfortable stuff the rest of the air force does. If you want to eat shit all day, join a different branch instead of being the people in the air force that pretend they are the army

I've gotten to shoot some cool guns i guess, but even that stops for most of us when we become an nco.

Out of boredom i did their survey thing, heres what i got as my number 1 pick:
airforce.com/careers/detail/nuclear-weapons?_ga=2.2574515.2068783043.1544424798-419435227.1544424798

Should I do it bros?

If you want to end up killing Yourself yes,
If you want marketable skills and a fun job dont.

Well the second option was Forward Air Controller, so idk. Get shot at or play with nukes, tough choice.

Well im not in the American airforce but we do have American nukes in the country, and all these guys seem to do is Worry about anyone getting near the nukes.
Worrying about people taking pictures of the nukes worrying about this that and the other thing,
meanwhile they have been here since the 80s and have only recently been modified to a new standard.
Imagine working on a system that doesn't fly, shoot or transfer information it Just sits there, for you too look at and then do shitty tests on.
This isnt out of any first hand experience mind you, but forward air controller sounds a lot fucking better.

Even civilians don't think of airmen as anything special cmon now.

Sounds Jow Forumsushy to me. I don’t mind standing around not doing anything all day. It beats working in a factory making microwave sandwiches desu.

Why did you walk into the usaf office specifically with no idea what you wanted to do in the air force? You're a retard

Really successful mindset you got there. You'll go far in life

Attached: 1540768504063.jpg (601x601, 22K)

What's wrong with Pararescue.

I’m off to BMT in a bit and I’m worried about my push ups. I just can’t seem to hit that magic 33 and my form goes to shit. Any advice to fix this or how people improve during BMT?

Fools! You dare approach the Master of the Sky?

Attached: 1507988347528m.jpg (1024x578, 64K)

is the air force mostly just office work like I keep getting told. the closest thingto combat they have, aside from spec ops units, is It seems like the air force is the opposite of the marines, where marines are 90% combat infantry with few other options in logistics or whatever. The air force is 90% working in an office on some computer nerd bullshit with a few "combat" roles

Im leaning towards the army because it seems they have an even divide of MOS options

>Once they finish

Not knowing we have a working Voltron.

who knows, I might join you since muh degree in computers hasn't taken me anywhere.

You're wrong about the Marine Corps, and you're retarded

Do more pushups.

Comp Sci or what?

Surely there's gotta be another way! I need to improve push-ups but I would like to not do any of it could be helped.
Also if you could tell me how to be faster without actually moving my legs to get there that'd be nice thanks

Attached: 1540522058155.gif (400x400, 1.89M)

They don't get to do their job a lot.
In a RQS you will be on the xbox more than you will be on the pave hawk, and you'll probably die on a training op. STSs are just regular operator shit but rather then having a team of guys you know you are attached to other SOFs like SEALS, and even tier 1 PJs are just support for the delta and DEVGRU guys.

Cool. I'm in the Army, fucking sucks, might try Air Force when I get out.

Attached: 1542584465632.png (491x279, 131K)

What is it with the air force and these fucking retarded looking swords?

USAF fag here

if you have a degree go office, its hard to go once your enlisted.

if youre going enlisted, go load master.

avoid aircraft maintenance, security forces, and anything non medical or finance related.

Attached: 030831-F-6701P-038.jpg (2220x1371, 346K)

officer **

USAF fag here

Security forces is fun, you get to fuck with people and go through strangers shit at least 3 times a day. As long as you can smile and nod while your supervisor goes on about how he 'almost joined the marines' you'll be fine.

Attached: DefensorPepeMoralePatch615x615_1024x1024 (1).jpg (615x615, 23K)

youre a faggot and a cuck with a tiny dick who enjoys oppressing other military members, hang yourself from your dorm room faggot.

I'm sorry to tell you sir, but you've been selected for todays random antiterrorism measure. Could you please step out of your vehicle?

:^)

sure faggot, but make it quick im trying to enjoy airmen day and the wing down day tomorrow and christmas at home with my family while getting paid the same as you

PJ, CCT, TACP or gayeeeeee

Anyone have info or opinion on SERE instructor. It's so fucking bizarre and almost no info.

ok?

Cant tell if this super secret squirrel or a waste of time boy scout program.

Only thing I find that goes beyond hur dur you train for a year to survive is some CIA level fuckery helping out at Guantanamo and going in country to monitor and keep track of covert operators and proceed to "process" assets coming back from capture.

Attached: 091211-F-0893R-001.jpg (1296x1936, 261K)

>if you have a degree go office, its hard to go once your enlisted.

This seem really odd to me (non american btw). Wouldnt you want your officers to have at leasg some practical experience as an enlisted? I dont really see how a liberal arts degree is seen as more benefitial then a few years of practical experience in the field you are supposed to lead...

Basically this user

USAF intel enlisted here, building up my fitness to get a ticket to ride the pipeline, want to go CCT

AFSOC>regular air force
Either go spec ops or medical, you need to have either glory or marketable skills after you're out

Name me one good military that requires enlisted service before commissioning to be an officer.
this is not a new thing. Their degree doesn't need to apply to their job they end up with to make them good officers. It's just another check in the box.

If you want to be a pilot eventually go into maintenance several guys from my Avionics shop moved over to become Boom operators and Pilots.

Most nations doesnt require it, but its seen as very positive, and in most nations its far far easier to become an officer if you have been enlisted but have no degree compared to a guy with no previous military experience, but a degree.

Trying to get 1c6x1. Anyone got experience within that field?

Prior enlisted makes sense for skipping a degree, since both are about as useful (read: not very) for officers. As long as there's some kind of IQ test to minimize morons slipping through, a degree is unnecessary.

It's seen as positive by people who have no clue. Only boot enlisted think like that still until you deal with officers directly and realize it doesn't really make much of an impact. Especially for day to day admin shit.
officers mostly do super boring stuff and aren't hands on. A good officer to an enlisted is one who keeps bullshit at bay so the enlisted can do their job.
Go ahead and enlist and see for yourself

For field grade sure but beyond that you want people who continuously educate themselves and have a professional education. If you can't do 4 years of school then it's just not for you.

Most western nations has relativly complex tests you need to do.

I am enlisted and selected for officers training. I have been led by both officers with a civilian background and ones with a military. Ghe civilians were complete dogshit compared to the military ones.

Do you mean officers who were never enlisted when you say "civilian background?"
Also considering most officers were never enlisted its a bit much to say they're all shit. Statistically enlisted who go out of their way to commission will do better because they were motivated to begin with and care.
however plenty of folks who started out as butter bars are just as great. You also have plenty who fucking suck. Statistically that lines up and shouldn't be a surprise.

Any advice for loadmaster tech school? Or what bases are best for each aircraft.

>SF does a raid on the dorms
>the majority of contraband is found on SF airmen
Classic.

Go be a pilot. Chicks dig it; guys think it's cool

All of which are on par with regular army troops.

you are overestimating the US army

Attached: 1530063604011.png (850x464, 678K)

The Air Force has combat forces that most people don't know about.

Combat Control for one.

Red Horse, for another.

The PJ's are very proficient as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_Engineer_Deployable_Heavy_Operational_Repair_Squadron_Engineers

>is the air force mostly just office work like I keep getting told

Fuck no, it's mostly maintenance. Office work is such a small portion of that. Unless its intel or IT. But most bases are flying bases and every plane needs hundreds of man hours of maintenance to keep them air worthy for just a few hours.

No i went to schools with several TACPs who swear they are some high speed super troop. When they are basically nerfed version of an FO. They considered themselves in peak physical condition. They were about as fit as the average army pog.

>redhorse

I wouldn't really consider those combat arms. They can be attached to them sure, but their main mission isn't to seek out and destroy the enemy, can you dig it?

okay but that's a TACP, the are the IFANTRY'S air to ground communicator. A combat controller or a PJ are a very different beast, as the former goes into hostile territory with other SOFs as their air to ground communicator and acts as an air traffic controller for the first planes coming in and he latter is the only spec ops unit geared solely for personnel rescue and recovery and also work with other SOFs as they have medical skills that are equal to that of an African trauma surgeon. I don't know what SOWT do, they look at clouds or something.

Combat Control and Redhorse are both tasked with clearing an area of hostiles in order to accomplish their respective orders.

That involves initial engagement of the enemy.

Combat, if you will.

Watch as the airman tries to make the air force seem just as good on the ground.They do this irl too

spec ops isn't a combat arm, it's a special thing. But, the air force is hands down without a doubt the deadliest branch out there. some dickhead on a chair can kill more people in a day then any soldier or sniper can in their lifetime. it's all fun and games until a warthog rips through the sky and kills anything in it's path.

>elites wanting third worlders to control nukes, satellites, missiles, drones

Yeah worked with a few CCTs once again had they been in the marines or airforce they would have been nobody special just tactical atc, but because they are airforce they are "special" and PJs are almost as competent as army special forces medics, and army special forces medics can also fight, went through sfas and the q course. Airforce SOF is like spec ops light.

They're desperately trying to differentiate themselves from the other branches, so they made up "tradition" including that dumb as fuck sword. Let's also never forget "AIR POWER!"

Air Force is laughed at by all other branches for this sort of shit because it's pathetic. Tradition comes from history, and they have plenty of actual history to derive from instead of making stupid shit up

>Watch as the airman tries to make the air force seem just as good on the ground

It isn't "trying" if it's true.

Not many argue that the Air Force isn't the top tier as far as services go.

Now, if your goal as a soldier is shoot people, live in tents or drms with 100 other guys, and eat crappy food then, no, the Air Force isn't your bag.

Also, as far as civilian counterpart occupations, the Air Force has more than any other service, which means your prospects post-service are a heck of a lot better.

Don't believe the hype. Employers don't give a shit that you killed 50 Taliban with 25 bullets.

>implying most jobs in any other branch are pew pew
>reddit spacing
You're somethin else. Air force tries to talk shit and instead of playing to their strengths they just push the same silly points. Everyone else rolls their eyes but airmen just never notice

What are you talking about? Green beret medics aren't even paramedic certified. all of the spec ops know how to fight, it's just that the US has people who specialize in certain aspects of warfare. Without CCT there would be no other operations because there is no FOB to operate from. Without PJs many people would have died a pointless death. I'm not saying "my operator is better than your operator" but down't just slump them up as spec ops light.

Attached: 1523416442826.gif (345x260, 2.83M)

Your reading comprehension is dreadful.

Army or Marines?

Your spacing is terrible.
I'd ask reddit or Jow Forums to be sassy but it's clear where you're from and where you belong.

Attached: 1540861874210.jpg (633x738, 85K)

It’s more of a stop for me to serve the country and achieve my dreams because I’m too poor for college and I want out of the wage cuck machine.

you should be a missileer, pretty cool to have millions of lives under your thumb

Attached: turnyourkeysir.jpg (500x400, 60K)

Is your pussy tight?

May as well piggyback on this. I'm 32 and my career has stalled. I turned down a great offer from the Army when I was young and have always regretted not going into the military. I thought any hopes were dead, I need to finish college before I can commission and I'm too old to enlist. I just found out that the age limit for AF officers has been raised to 39, though, and that makes it possible for me.

Any opinions on whether I should go for it?

yeah, might as well go be an NSA nigger for 4 years than a retail associate.

Depends. What is your major? If it's medical in any way I would say go for it.

I'd say Travis for C-5's.

TURN YOUR KEY!
DUDE THE SILO DOORS ARE CLOSED

>What is it with the air force and these fucking retarded looking swords?
NCOs wanted to give officers a gift for being competent and good at their jobs, here's a sword. Officers said oh you can't select the officer you give that gift to we will do it for you. NCOs get to select the sword they give the officer. The sword is a reflection of the opinion the NCOs have of the officer they were told to give the sword to.

Academy or enlisted? Cause academy is super comfy. I have an uncle who teaches there, and that made life good.

I don't really have one yet, just knocked gen ed courses off here and there. I went to school for photography over a decade ago like a dumbass and worked in that field for a while, only to have the field collapse and my shitty college lose its accreditation, invalidating all the credits I got there. I have a background in more relevant stuff though, worked in motorsports at a place that did a lot of R&D, had a supervisory role, was a race car crew chief for a bit, etc. Seems like that could parlay into aviation decently well.

It’s pretty much a toss up between Dover and Travis it seems. Don’t know too much about Dover though.

what are some intel/combat units? An user said he worked as OSI (im probably getting the name wrong) but it was a mix of door kicking and intel investigation

Im pretty sure both of those bases you'll probably spend your whole career there. Everyone I know that is at Travis can only get out if they either go to Osan or Inkirk.

Remember to abandon any and all Navy Seals to their death. They will abandon you and slander you if you trying to save them

Attached: LRTDU65FIQ2OPLHSWVQ6D4D7SI.jpg (800x600, 74K)