C308 thread??

C308 thread??
Anyone have one of these? If you can’t get a ptr is this worth it?

Attached: AD532963-A2CA-4B5F-B99A-E0F70F46F934.jpg (1000x540, 105K)

user. i know this isnt what you want to hear, because you probably have a budget, but those c308 are absolute garbage and some have failed right out of the box. century arms makes incredibly bad guns, i dont know how they havent been sued into oblivion yet i really dont.

save your money, buy the ptr, dont look back.

I'm giving my boyfriend a CETME Model C parts kit and barrel for Christmas. He'll probably just use a PTR receiver to finish it, since I doubt he'll be worried much about making it "authentic". The big question is whether he'll want to buy a finished receiver or bend his own out of a flat. We'll see how that goes. Should be something fun to build together.

I held one at a gun shop and they are pretty crusty. Both in like cosmetics and handling. Seems like they work fine for some people and they are almost shockingly cheap. So hell I mean just figure out what you want to get out of it.

It's worth it if it works, bolt gap checks out, and the bolt isn't ground down.

fuck off my Jow Forums faggot.

They are started by century arms, BUT are finished by our boys at PTR. I'd say that's good to go.

Get wood furniture for ultimate aesthetic

He will probably die from the aids you guys share before he finishes it. Faggits

What issue did you have with your c308?

He have this thread every day.
c308 is shit. Buy a PTR

>that pic has a metal trigger housing safety in a polymer trigger housing

lol wtf

I have one. I got it for $400 a few years ago from Prepper's Shop

It shoots fine, the bolt spacing was 100% in spec. Mine has a nice recoil impulse. Trigger group is the nicest I've ever used into a G3/HK91/CETME build. Accuracy is 3 MOA using good ammo.

The sights are okay, I'm using the 400 meter range and works well for 50 meters as well. You'll need to find the special tool to make adjustments, which I have. Fit and finish is good. The welds on the barrel and receiver look great. Some of the welding is meh on the cocking tube.

Just go ahead and buy a PTR.

Hah! Shows what you know! He's a trap so it's not gay!

This.

Attached: 20181108_213412.jpg (4032x3024, 3.01M)

buy once cry once, dont even think about getting the c308. GET THE PTR

leave

Attached: 1542572860121.jpg (734x729, 315K)

Mine works fine. Shoots somewhere between 1 and 2 MOA, no reliability issues. Apparently some people got lemons, idk if the number is significant or just thoroughly echoed by non-owners around these parts. Dirt cheap enough in some outlets there's some allure to rolling the dice.

Do not listen to these fucking idiots, not only are they ass backwards but manufacturing isn't generally that simple.

PTR provides and bends the reciever flats for Century and provides parts and furniture that their parts kits do not cover.
Century conducts ALL other assembly and manufacture.

Basically the C308 is a shit and fuck you for recommending it

There's a video of a guy doing a torture test on a C308 on Youtube. Had a misfire on the first mag. Continued having problems through the test. Rail melted off, but some thing happens to PSA and other budget guns.

I'd save up and get a PTR if I were you.

Fuckin QW-EEUHS.

Attached: ColossalIcyBlueandgoldmackaw-small.gif (442x250, 589K)

The trouble here is that a lot of the issues that earned Century CETMEs their bad reputation were traced to Century's manufacturing process for the receivers on their first attempt, so the fact that PTR makes the receivers actually carries some weight. The other parts can be screwed up, and Century is more likely than other manufacturers to screw them up, but they're generally harder to screw up bad enough to make a functional difference.

^^^^