CS/Tear gas defence...

CS/Tear gas defence. Is it worth getting a mil surp gas mask or is a 3M style respirator the best bet for gas protection?

Attached: cs-gas.png (1390x968, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Against CS gas both will work just fine if all you plan on doing is a little riot spectating. Just make sure to buy new filters if you choose milsurp.

>not wanting that extra level of asbestos protection
You are little bitch

Is there a guide on worthwhile milsurp and or a reputable place to get them online?

A P100 level mask will protect against tear gas and CS gas, the hardest part is having sealed goggles to keep it out of your eyes.

From what I’ve read the Israeli masks suck ass to see out of.

just get one of the 3m full facepiece respirators
like $100
get two p100 filters and you're good to go

People like to complain, it's obviously not as good as a panoramic mask, but you have the ability to turn your head and OP isn't planning on getting in a firefight wearing one.

I got me a used one from fireforce here in germany for 7 bucks at the flea market. Fullface, with 40mm NATO for dat sweet Draeger Filters.

My bad, your right. OP needs to breathe in the asbestos daily until he can build up his cancer tolerance.
www dot approvedgasmasks dot com
Fucking spam filter. If you really want to penny pinch and buy milsurp every surplus site offers them. BudK has some good deals occasionally. There is an infograph on what milsurp masks are good, what milsurp filters are safe etc, but for the life of me I cant seem to find it in my Jow Forums folder. If some user has that id really appreciate it if you posted it ITT.

Look up gas mask guy on youtube.

In France the cops confiscate all ant-gas equipment from the demonstrators showing up in buses. And they get away with it. We can safely assume that all the other police forces will take note and do the same.

CS gas is an irritant. It gets in your eyes, not just airways. And it could well be sprayed on you from just a couple of feet away. It does not matter if it is a military, civil defense, workplace or standard commercil mask as long as the mask fits tightly over your face.

You can easily hide disposable P100 masks on your person, this is not that much of an insurmountable tactic.

Sure. But what about your eyes?

Attached: defending against tear gas.jpg (700x950, 285K)

Regular swimming goggles my nigga

Okay. Now you have two suspicios itnems in your bag.

Dude you could put both items in your underwear or a sock easily. Did the police strip everyone naked when they were searching them?

I see a lot of people pick up the CS grenades and throw them back from riot footage. Isn't there a risk it can explode in your hand when doing so? Doesn't seem like a good idea to pick up stuff like that with your hands.

>Isn't there a risk it can explode in your hand when doing so?
Yes, but when you're at a riot where the police are essentially shooting light offensive grenades at you it's not too much of a concern.

just get a m40

Attached: yes..png (541x719, 594K)

Yes; there's literally a photo from France where a guy has everything blown off from a few centimeters below the wrist and above.