"You don't have to have the latest, greatest highest-tech thing to get the job done."

"You don't have to have the latest, greatest highest-tech thing to get the job done."

Is this why some people, (LARPers), on this board don't like him? Everything he says seems to be mostly based on facts and experience, right?

Attached: 1496376270863.png (645x788, 632K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osowiec_Fortress
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People that spend too much time here are probably also entangled in a wave of consumerism, thus they think they have to be kitted out with the lastest gear corporations sell them for the adventures they never had and never will have.

That does not mean a high quality or high tech product won't give someone an advantage, a fact poorfags are absolutely unable to grasp

It's the equivalent of larpers that dress in what they think is prime material for fotos or to play larp games, but can't run a mile or lift. This kind of consumer will rather spend hundreds and thousands in material goods rather than trips and actual adventures.

They subconsciously hide the fact that all gear is purpose built and made to use, and is all expendable, as the mission is what matters. Likewise /out/ larpers will spend their lives hoarding material goods instead of making do with what they have and putting that money towards travels and adventures.

It tends to be the same people who think if there's an apocalypse/civil war/Russian invasion just because they can ring steel from a bench and have $10k in gucci kit that they'll be some hardcore operator hosing down waves of enemies. Kit and equipment is not a substitute for actual fitness and quality training. In well drilled and skilled hands, gucci kit helps, but it won't make you an operator on its own. But obviously this is directly in contrast to their fantasies, where without having to go through any of the training and hardship they can be some legit tier one operator operating operationally.

Who doesn't like him.

>You need the highest tech and the best equipment poorfags wouldn't understand

Okay.

Attached: simo_hayna.jpg (1600x1042, 204K)

link pls

It's because some people here Luke him too much and other people can't stand it. Every yt celeb gets hated to some extent here.

I'm still buying a thermal scope.

I find some of his content boring, especially his ballistics videos. Wish he would stick to practical shooting stuff/ what it’s like to kill somebody

>fuck information I want to see some gore and pewpew!
idiot.

he's almost universally approved on here, are you retarded?

sage

>"You don't have to have the latest, greatest highest-tech thing to get the job done."
You certainly don't, but some of us value aesthetics or just having cool stuff in general.
I for one know my 870 is perfectly adequate, but that doesn't mean I can't prefer a benelli m4 with all the trimmings.
so don't watch them?

Knowledge and skills give you an advantage, gear just lets you operate to the highest level your knowledge and skills allow.

I just think Paul illustrates the effect of diminishing returns very well.
He also puts more of an emphasis on personal preference instead of marketing certain products to his viewers.
And that old doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Attached: paul harrel fedora.png (273x213, 40K)

Good work trying to skirt around using the word advantage while basically giving the definition of the word.

Not him but gear only gives you an advantage if you know how to use it properly. Simply possessing an object isn't enough.

If a squad of larpers in expensive high-tech gear went toe to toe with a squad of Russian WW1 conscripts armed with nuggets, they'd probably get fucked.

>”haha dudes check this out”
>”Leeeeerooooy Jennnnn-“
*BLAM* *thud*
>Head explodes and body drops like a sack of potatoes

No Idk? Really i've never been hog hunting and everyone tells me they are nocturnal. But i've seen little piglets running around pine during the day.
I'm hijacking the thread to ask if i need an IR scope or do i romp around thick forests till i find piggus
>the madman is literally picking russians off past 200 yards with a bayonet affixed.
absolute madman

fucking chronographs, how do they work?

>people with optics, comms, electronic ear-pro and nvg
>vs poorly trained malnourished barely literate russians
>russians win
You are giving way too much credit to the farmboy russians who have zero training and are only good at drinking vodka and sitting in trenches.

It will make the job easier, but won't make you a better hunter. You understand what I'm saying?

Yes. Paul is the chemo to the cancer that is tactitard sheepdawgs who think they can buy skill with one more paycheck and one more attachment on their rifle.

>Poorfags

Usually when someone says this they're living at home with all expenses paid for by their parents.

I larp and I love the guy. I just want to have fun with what I buy, and understand that he's right.

Paul Harrel is information for noguns. That a why people here like him. Basic information for babies.

Nice projection

You only need propaganda.

>a Haul Parrell shill post
People on Jow Forums don't like youtube shill kiddies spamming threads about their latest internet crush.

It's a gun,it's not rocket science to use it, they are made specifically to be used by the dumbest crayon eaters out of the general population.
The same shooter will do better with an optic than not. It makes it easier/faster to achieve the same goal. A rail increases mechanical accuracy at no downside besides costing maybe $200.

If we are talking about people buying PEQ-15's and $5000 night vision and acting like they really need it or they'll be outgunned, okay sure.

But going off every other thread over the years it's full of meaningless buzzwords and faggots that instead of being larping faggots with NVG and Thermal shit, the faggots larp about being stuck in a early 1980's SWAT team because they are angry someone else spent $300 more on their gun so they have to dick wave about making their life more difficult.
I don't even own any of the shit mentioned above, I'm just tired of this stupid bullshit threads full of buzzwords.
99% of people don't NEED an ar15 for defense, the overwhelmingly majority of self defense could be resolved with a 5 shot 870, so should I larp about all these tactical faggots that need 30 round mags and self loading rifles because they can't hit what they are aiming at? This retarded logic can continue until people are arguing that people that use 1873's are larping when a 1851 navy does the same job if you can hit what you are aiming at.
>poorfag slavshit larpers that only owns a mosin larping that they can out larp the other larpers
You are all cut from the same cloth, kys larpers.

The part where larping can land you in jail makes them extremely uncomfortable. It conjours an image of being put down by the "inferior" "fudd" and being powerless to stop it.

>KID AND I SAY SON YA DON'T NEED A 20 ROUND RUSSIAN ARMOR PIERCING HANDGUN TO SCARE OFF A MUGGER AND NOW BOY I SAY AND I DO SAY I THINK YOU WERE HOPIN FOR ALL THIS HERE TO HAPPEN YOU HEAR ME
>A GOOD HONEST AND GOD FEARIN MAN NOW I SAY A GOD FEARING UPSTANDING MAN ONLY NEEDS A REVOLVER, SON YOU LEFT HOME ARMED LIKE A SOLDIER AND SON I THINK YOU WERE HOPING AND TRYING TO GET INTO AN ALTERCATION
>BOY I AM GOING TO PUT YOU AWAY FOR A LONG TIME
>*siiiiiip*

>people with optics, comms, electronic ear-pro and nvg
>vs poorly trained malnourished barely literate russian

We agree that the russians ARE the trained ones here though, right?

They win.

In this scenario, they have the training and are on their home turf.

Remember the fort, comerades...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osowiec_Fortress

>rail
>$200

you do not have to and should not spend more than $100. shoot for $50, actually. as long as you can't pull it apart and bend it with your bare hands, picatinny and mlok hold accessories well. no rails should be expected to hold a good zero for lasers and sights. that crap goes on the receiver or something more firmly affixed to it.

unless a rail is very heavy it's only fixed to the barrel nut. if it bends it's going to bend a little near that end, and end up way off towards the other.

the russians can probably handle stress a bit better after going through actual military training meant to harden you the fuck up instead of tacticool skool where you use a rifle, get a pat on the back, endure a somewhat cringy lecture by a washed up ex-whatever who is holding back so he doesn't get sued, and go home and get a beer.

>Have a cheap rail that won't stay straight ever and will bend out of alignment just by resting on your hand
>or have an expensive rail that will generally stay straight unless tossed down the driveway

Toe to toe means a flat out fight. None of that sitting around and getting treated like shit or being used as labor for a month first user.
>russian conscripts
>trained
Lad.
>their home turf
They only said a fight; not a fight with x special perimeters user.

>look at this one single time where the odds weren't in the defenders favor and they won!
>all russians are like this!
Sigh.

>no rails should be expected to hold a good zero for lasers and sights
maybe if you are a stupid faggot that spends $50 on garbage then yeah, you shouldn't expect that. Keep trying to desperately justify your inability to spend $150 more on a durable good that will last indefinitely in normal use. Guess what, the cost of ammunition over time greatly exceeds the price a firearm.
Either use a fixed front sight and a drop in handguard or spend $165 on a MCMR, you are literally getting the worse of both worlds by buying shitty rails.

>defensive force in a fortified position with machine guns an artillery
>somehow meaningful representation of the performance average conscript soldier's minimal training

Ground war is more /o/ than Jow Forums. Environment is weapon/enemy number 1.

>barely fed and overworked russian conscripts with mosins
vs
>gucci anons with camel backs and food, and rifles that they shoot 200 rounds through on a slow week with at least 5 force multiplyers
ya d00d russia stronk!

H&R pawnshop specials kill more people in one year than Glocks have in their entire production run

And yet the Russian conscript can probably run more than 100 metres before having a heart attack, and has the balls up to press forward under enemy fire. The anons radio chatter would be:
> 'you move!'
> 'no you move!'
> 'no u!'
> 'guys my tummy hurts from lying down, can we go home?'
> 'does anyone have a spare mag?'
> 'you can't use mine they cost me loads'

Bear in mind that if you aren't fit and cant communicate well, and have never shot from anything but a bench rest, you're not gunna be effective in combat, no matter how gucci your gear is. Face it, most of the people on here who sink their paycheck into gucci kit they'll never use wouldnt know whether to shit or go blind if it came to an actual combat situation. I'd take one of the blokes in my section with nothing but a rusty AK over someone from here with all the bells and whistles.

I like his channel but some of his videos appear to be made for people with very low IQ. It seems like he bases his topics on viewer communication and the only people who would be communicating with an e-celeb are probably very low IQ. Like that last one about paper targets...what kind of brainlet needs a video on paper targets? Is my proficiency bias showing? do noobs not know how to use a paper target?

>blokes in my section
to bad none of your blokes has a gun or knife right mate? you should be worrying more about muhammed raping your mum and less about this shit

>you can't be fit, experienced AND own good gear
>if you have shitty gear, you MUST be experienced, fit, ect
The eternal poorfag fallacy

>Everything he says seems to be mostly based

AND redpilled

>let’s shoot a watermelon with a fleece sweater over it
INFORMATION

This.

> I'd take one of the blokes in my section with a rusty AK

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it lad. Also, plenty of squaddies own guns privately. Fuck off back to your containment board with that butthurt.

Faggot fuck your fucking faggot neck
>nigger

Seeing as the only thing specified about the anons was that they had gucci kit, I was forced to take an average. Is the average Jow Forumsommando physically fit? Nope. Do they have any sort of combat experience or at least training for combat? Nope. Are they social and able to communicate well with people IRL? Nope.

If it had been specified that the anons were all ex infantry guys who smashed crossfit or something then it'd be a different story. However, that wasn't specified.

>more money means higher quality

think you missed my point. you are from cuck island so you and your opinions are irrelevant

It won't replace training and practice.

James Yeager and nutnfancy have been BTFO by him repeatedly.

Attached: 1541705197863m.jpg (1024x616, 76K)

Your point being what, some stupid Jow Forums shit that has no relevance to the topic at hand? Not my fault that youre assmad because youre being reminded that your larping fantasies don't make you an operator.

/gq/ detected. Have fun pretending you’re not cosplayers.

>Your point being what
fuck off piers morgan. we dont care what you noguns fags thing. get it now?

>$200 for a rail

That aside, an optic doesn't work like it does in video games where it's automatically zeroed and close up I'd take iron sights ten times out of ten.

I watch the shit out of his videos and I agree
he writes his script so complete retards can understand him
ive sent his stuff to my mother whenever she has a question about guns
if you ever learned something new from Paul you have a problem

Attached: 1531334596920.png (500x749, 696K)

Ready for that gear check sheepdawgs?

Attached: 3.jpg (100x100, 3K)

> WAAAH I don't care what someone who has actual military training and combat experience (which is inherently related to the subject) has to say because they dont agree with me WAAAH!

Kek, let the butthurt flow through you lad.

Hang out in any Jow Forums discord for a day and you'll see I'm right. The vast majority of guys showing off their Gucci shit are also poorfags who just have mommy and daddy substituting a credit card for parental love.

Go home newfag.

>quoting things then saying nothing
>somehow zeroing an optic is a difficult problem, but zeroing iron sights is not
better call all the people who professionally shoot people at close range for a living and tell them anonymous says that iron sights are better

>Fuddhorn Leghorn

Attached: 1544807027549.png (244x139, 63K)

>eceleb cancer calling others newfags
keep trying so hard to fit in

>actual military training and combat experience
>brit

Attached: c3bb37bca7adf5191fef78e37e889afb.jpg (455x675, 80K)

>James Yeager
>BTFOd
Damn you six speed manual transmissions!Damn you all to hell!

>I and the rest of the Neckbeard Militia can defeat actual military

Those conscripts can actually run a mile, you can't, and your optic will not fix that.

Sweetie what hot pockets did you want for lunch again?

A meat target is a more accurate representation of a human body than ballistic gel.

Did I have the wrong name? It's the faggot with the beard who thinks every gun should be a Glock.

>"You don't have to have the latest, greatest highest-tech thing to get the job done."
I disagree with the general sentiment. It usually leads to technological stagnation. "Why should I buy any newfangled plastic gun when my good ol' 1911 does the job just as much?".
I'd agree that you don't need to make the jump as soon as something new is out, but once the new thing has proven itself to be equal or better, then it's time to buy into thing.

Attached: 1544598429909.jpg (450x450, 39K)

Push button, move slider. Much easier than an optic. Have you ever actually used a gun before or do you just LARP?

Post proof and watch the larper shit himself in rage.

They already know you nogunz retard.

Back to r*ddit you go.

Depends on what that thing is, exactly. There's a lot of overpriced shit that's just a money trap, and some advancements that are genuinely worth it.

>ignoring windage, and needing to adjust the front sight post of a new gun
if you can't sight in a red dot you sure has hell are too stupid to manage iron sights dipshit
so that's why I see so many iron sight only rifles in the hands of special operations, modern military's and police then?

Well, I said in general I disagree with the sentiment. Yea, an android phone is just as good or better than an iPhone for the fraction of the cost.

reminder that If you own more than 1-2 guns and dont hunt you are a larper by definition.

Yes that's him.The ex-cop dude.He can't drive manual.

add in shooting sports bur yeah

That soldier on that pic is not Häyhä. Häyhä have said it himself that it's not him in that picture in his last interview before his death in 2002. Häyhä didn't use mask. Häyhä would know better not to put bayonet on the rifle and the last thing... That's not a M28/30. Thats a swedish Gevär m/96 a.k.a. "Swedish mauser". The soldier in the pic is a swedish volunteer in the Winter War. Northern Finland, February 20, 1940.

I'm a collector, I don't pretend to be a highspeed low drag operator.
I like tools and mechanical objects
I like shooting guns. I like working on my car.
That doesn't make me a military Larper or a NASCAR wannabe.
I have a variety of guns from different eras, I like that I have a gun that's 115 years old and still shoots accurately

So no, not all of us are Larping. Some of us just like guns for their own sake.

/rant

I've got a soft spot for Swedish Mausers, I love mine. Great guns.

If you don't own an AR and a Glock in 2018, you genuinely are hindering yourself in a gunfight.

t. too poor to collect

Didn't say there's nothing wrong with it. Just pointed out that that is not Häyhä.

got an hk usp and a fal
quit being poor

Why is the paul dick suck brigade the most insufferable group of faggots on this board? Paul is alright but his fans are the worst.

>Muh Glock Bervection
opinion discarded

Paul Harrell fucks dolls.

Paul Harrell is sexdollanon?

>youtube kid calling someone else new and reddit
that's precious.

100% this same shit every thread poorfags are no better than the people they argue with

>quit being poor
Unironically this.
t. Poorfag

Best, most objective and informative gun youtuber IMO.

Does excellent presentations. I wish his video quality was a little bit better tho.

someone post the video where he tricks you into listening to a 20 min monologue about the importance of dental hygiene.