Disaster Food Prepping Recommendations

Hi Jow Forumsommandos I figured you'd be able to help me know what choices there are for food options to go with the rest of my preparations for "events". Thanks guys!

Attached: bitchandboxes.jpg (720x720, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beprepared.com/
spanalaskasales.com/shop/basic-snacks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get salt instead and preserve your own food.

Potatoes. That should be self explanatory.

Get lots of white rice and black beans. As in, gallons of both. That'll be a decent starting point.

Supplement with dehydrated or preserved fruits and vegetables to help stave off scurvy etc. Add some canned or dehydrated protein of your choice. Tuna or canned chicken are usually a good bet, albeit spam is the classic. Corned beef can be pretty tasty mixed with dehydrated onions.

Add in some seasonings to help with morale. Unseasoned rice and beans will keep you alive but eat it too long and you'll want to kill yourself.

Porridge is good if you want a cheap breakfast with a long shelf-life. Add in some honey if you're packing porridge, it'll add some calories and flavour, plus it'll last pretty much forever. Its also meant to have some health benefits.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, canned foods like beef stew etc are a good option for morale boosting as well as relative ease of use and long shelf life.

If you want to stock up for long term, go for as much dried goods as possible, try to vaccuum seal them as much as you can and keep them away from pests. I've heard of people freezing their rice before storing it to kill any insect eggs. Done right, most of the above stuff, bar the canned suggestions, will last nearly forever. Certainly they could out last you.

If you're planning on having canned stuff, make sure you pack away plenty of can openers. They can break or get lost and you don't want to have to resort to using your knife if possible.

Make sure to have some vitamin tabs or something as well if you're planning long term, they'll help cover any deficiencies in your diet. Speaking of diet, try to stick as close to what you usually eat as you can for the sake of morale etc. If you hate tuna, don't stock it. Sure, it's a good option but not if you have to force yourself to eat it when you could have instead stocked something you would eat gladly.

hardtack and pemmican

All of that requires salt. Just stick with the
FPP

Yeah but telling someone ''just get salt'' isn't going to inform them really

Unironically get mres and salt. Mres last for a whike if stored properly and salt for preserving your own shit, look up some tutorials online, its pretty easy.

just ditch the milkshakes after a few years.

Augason Farms. They seem to have some of the best prices... but you need to shop around. They do for way under list price occasionally at major retailers.

>Unironically get mres and salt.
Nigga, do you have any idea how fucking expensive that shit is? Dehydrated/freeze dried is cheaper, has a longer shelf life, is more portable, more calorie dense, etc. Fuck MREs.

Where are you from?

And the best option for cheap long term food storage is the 5 gallon bucket method.
What you'll need; 5 gallon buckets, bags of white rice, bags of beans,6 gallon mylar bags, oxygen absorbers, an iron (like for clothes).
Put the rice in the freezer for 72 hours to kill any bugs that might be in the bag. Then put the mylar bag into the bucket. Then fill the bag with the rice. Then put an Oxygen absorber in (I appologize but I can't remember what CC it should be but the mylar bags will sometimes come with the right rating O2 absorber included). Then seal up the mylar bag by melting it with the iron (make sure there are no holes). Then put the lid on the bucket.
Repeat for beans.
Then repeat a couple more times with each.
Then do the same with oats.
Then flour.
Then salt.

Also, canned food technically lasts forever. As long as the seal doesn't break or the can isn't punctured. Canned tuna, canned chicken, canned fruit, canned vegis, and canned soups are obviously a good way to go.
And if you can go to a dollar store, you can usually find brand that cost half or a third of what popular store brands cost, or even find the same brand for less.

Pre package long term food will usually cost double what it would if you just put away food on your own. But it's also easier.
I have a decent amount of Augason Farms, but only because I found a bunch of it on sale on amazon.
Speaking of on sale, beprepared.com/

Oh and of course, DON'T FORGET WATER, FAGGOT!

Lol who cares just eat the surviving people

Also, if you want to be prepared for seriously long term problems, look into planting a vegetable garden and keeping chickens eggs and the occasional bit of meat, maybe a goat or something for milk.

If you do it right, you can stock like 100 days of food and only spend $100 or so (not counting storage costs) but if shit goes badly south like in Puerto Rico and aid ain't forthcoming the 100 days mightn't be enough.

The best place for cheap food in bulk, is a Mormon Store House. You can get bulk food for fantastic prices.

No one here knows the real score; BBQ sauce, lots and lots of BBQ sauce!

based and redpilled

Attached: cannibalism.jpg (2560x1707, 734K)

A variety of relatively long shelf life foods you eat regularly.

Now that's more like it.

Attached: maxresdefault(75).jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Attached: C8666948-5BEB-4844-A677-3FE099A6D8A7.jpg (750x1334, 241K)

THIS. Scrolled until i found it. Get their month buckets. At least one for each member of your family and then increase the amount of staples and canned food you keep on hand. This is the most reasonable and cost effective way to food prep.

>Mormon

bump

pretty much, if suddenly real food is in short supply it's because humanity really fucked up...and that makes me mad at people.

Sailor boy pilot bread - spanalaskasales.com/shop/basic-snacks.html

Fairly good tasting, and will last decades with some care in storage. Fairly high calories for a small space.

When I get these I deep freeze them for a few months to kill anything that might be hanging around. I then vacuum pack them in smaller packages. Stair stepped stacks seem to seal best and carry in packs best. Store these packages in mouse proof boxes.

I use mine for storage and when I’m outdoors. My oldest are a few years old and still good/pleasant to eat.

Shipping is expensive, but the package is very large and nothing else has this shelf life.

Dumb question user,

Is it ok to freeze rice and bread?

"deep freeze" does not kill germs that survive being turned into ice. It would only kill those that survive cold with biological anti-freeze agents.

wendigos leave now

yes

I'd get at least 1 or 2 of somthing like these. Seems like the best way to quickly throw a month of food in the trunk. probably the storage densest option too.

Attached: nrg5.jpg (640x480, 272K)

You don't freeze it to kill germs, you do that to kill bug eggs.

When storing white rice, bug eggs in the rice and water reaching them are the main concerns

4 months of food and water
A seed bank
A shit ton of salt and vinegar
Ability to can food

That's legitimately all you need

This is my stock minus about a dozen Mountain house Chili macs, A case of MRE's, A Cubic shit ton of Water, A few life straws, And purification tabs... Not exactly where I want it to be but its getting there I figure theres a couple months worth of shit there for 4ish people

Attached: rations.jpg (1080x1440, 150K)

>A seed bank
for a second I thought you meant a shelf of cum jars

Whatever has a high calorie and fat count and can be broken down to be stowed and carried in rucksacks by every member of your family in your flight from the ravenous hordes as society descends into madness and cannibalism.

And if your plan is to just sit on a pile, consider the fact that everyone else would kill you and take your shit using the justification of your family being food hoarders. And that a bulldozer can rip the doors off of your bunker, which was approved by the city.

One person? Maybe over a month. 4+? Couple weeks, tops.

being deployed alongside marines helps. We made them waffles and ordered them pizza, and they gave us boxes of MREs in return.

Attached: IMG_2522.jpg (1080x1920, 401K)

Buy a bunch of Ball branded canning jars and get to pickling. Pickle everything in salt and vinegar. If whatever you cook as brother, throw it into the jars with salt and vingar. Make sure whatever you are pickling is completely submerged.
Now you have food that will last like 30+ years. I am still opening jars to replace from my grandmother's pickling collection and she died in the 90's. It all is edible still.

Ever wonder why Jow Forumsommandos are so fat?

They're storing up an emergency supply of energy that will feed them for years.

>as brother
dont mind the cannibalism typo
HAS BROTH

No. Not white rice. Brown rice. Half the nutrition value in rice is in the brown shell. Same as with potatoes. Of course, go with white rice if you can't get the brown.

White rice lasts way longer though. If you want to stock up now and have it still viable in 10 years, white rice is your friend.

If you can afford to restock on your rice like every 6 months, brown rice is great though, that is true. Much more nutritious.

I have read from a few sources that brown rice has a shorter shelf life. The oils go rancid with brown and wild rices. White rice stores years, brown rice months.

The point of rations is to RATION the food... Id agree if the people eating it were gorging like its just another day but at 2500 calories a day this would last MINIMUM of a month for 4 people... There is at least 50 lbs. of rice/beans and like 100 ramen noodles in there

Brown rice goes rancid faster and is less dense in calories.
White rice in mylar bags with O2 absorbers will last indefinitely.

Too many people tend to mix prepping for an emergency with prepping for the end of the world.

Well, damnit. Guess I have learned something new today.

Brown rice will still last for several years when stored properly.
The extra vitamins make it far better than white.

>bootcut jeans
Whoa, 90s vintage. Nice! No hiss though...

Where do I find the package like that... That comes with a woman to cook it for you.

I'm asking for a friend...

what a /fa/ggot

>a month

You'll kill yourself before a week is done if that's all there is to eat, that shit is the epitome of food monotony

I’ve just been slowly but surely buying a tub of those mountain house/backpacker pantry emergency boxes that hold like a weeks worth of food each, and they’re portioned for multiple people. I’ve probably got like 5 months worth at this point. That stuff is actually really tasty too, and super simple to make. Just pour boiling water in the bag and wait 5 minutes for a genuinely good tasting meal.

Failing that, I suggest you get a big freezer, learn to hunt; and learn to preserve meats and other foods. My method isn’t the cheapest but I can afford it and that’s all that matters

>Per person:
4 5gal food safe buckets with screw on sealed lids
mylar baggies with a sealer of some sort
40 lbs of white rice, frozen and then thawed, toss in mylar can be 5 or 10 lbs each bag.
40 lbs of beans various 5 lbs to change up flavor, freeze and then mylar.
Oats as well if you are into them.
1 bucket just for flour/salt/sugar/coffee/spices.
1 bucket just for other items not protected by metal cans from rats/mice/etc. They can still chew through it but should be sealed enough they wont go after it.
>Now you want to get the following in Canned form with 10+ year shelf to help make life easier as they may not be available after bad stuff goes down.
Powdered Milk
Powdered Butter
Powdered Egg
Powdered Cheese
>What about MREs or dried?
I have the latest (last year) A & B set, removed from the box and put into 3 buckets.
Mountain House/Wise/Other buckets or 72 hour packs are fine as well. They will cost you though the more you have.
>If you have a shed or garage
Buy stack-able small big potted plant bases and some potting soil and some fertilizer. LED grow lamps if you dont have many windows. Dont do anything with it, just leave it as a backup. Now you buy a heirloom seed kit for emergencies.

Attached: bucket lid.jpg (376x327, 26K)

I had those just-add-water dinners for ten days in a row. Army exercise. By the tenth day I was becoming willing to kill for some food that was not just mush.

Oh, and the hunting thing in SHTF? It is a meme. Reality check: SHTF turns everyone into hunters. Back during the dustbowl era a lot of meat species were hunted to near extinction.

Finally: How do you plan on keeping that freezer going when the municipal electricity net goes down?

I went innawoods and ate nothing but those for a week, wanted to blow my brains out by the second day.