Austrian civil war

Why does Glock™ get all the attention when this little fella is better all around and under appreciated?

Attached: Steyr-M9-A1-1.jpg (661x496, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2012/01/24/145640473/how-the-glock-became-americas-weapon-of-choice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Glock has just been on the market longer, and Steyr is generally known for making rifles.

You're right though, it is underappreciated. Rented one at a range recently, absolute pleasure to shoot. Very little felt recoil, and up those trapazpoidal sights actually work quite well.

Because it isn't better in any way. Glock will never be dethroned by cheap knockoffs. Why do companies not understand this?

A 9L is on my list

Because they called it a m9

>Steyr
>cheap knockoff
The absolute state of glockfags. But hey, if you want to pay 30% more for an equivalent product, you go right ahead.

I often think this very thing
The Styer M9 is a great gun.

I do not like the grip, the trigger, or the sights

Best Steyr pistol is the GB

>Styer M9
>well built
>ugly as shit
>1000x harder to find magazines for than any other modern semi-auto pistol

I would get one of these if it didn't have a Hillary hole

Extractions problems

>better all around
Kek

Hey, the Styer is an overpriced knockoff, which shit egos, no aftermarket parts. Nearly 0 factory parts/support, no holsters, no mags, and pot metal slide, and the only market they appeal to are contrarians.
Make sure you dont make up your lies about them being cheap.

>glock
>not ugly as shit

Make up your mind

>knockoff
trigger mechanism is pretty different and the FCG is in a removable metal frame
>shit ergos
wrong
>no aftermarket parts
look up ranger point precision
>no holsters
steyr even has a fucking graphic on their site that tells you all the companies that make holsters for the steyr, there's like 15 of them
>expensive
they go for like $500, thats standard for a glock

youre the same retard that was arguing the glock had toolless takedown because banging shit on a table doesnt count, arent you?

Attached: IMG_20181215_101412.jpg (1428x1080, 513K)

They are more anmo sensitive and overall less reliable than glocks. Dont get me wrong, i own a steyr and its an awesome gun, but im not sure i would be willing to bet my life on it

Attached: tg_druid.jpg (1200x1600, 341K)

steyr bros where you at
i much prefer steyr polymer to glock polymer

ammo sensitivity is an issue with glocks as well, sold my glock 19 because it was too picky, and the ammo it liked was too expensive to plink with.

Attached: IMG_6991.jpg (1008x756, 405K)

>its a poorfag argument

I think the polymer strikers are a saturated market by now and I'm not looking for another, but I'd love to shoot a Steyr and see how they are. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who owns one and none of the paid ranges around me that do rentals have them. Only place I've even seen them for sale is Cabela's and fuck paying over MSRP lmfao.

explain how the steyr guns are the poorfag guns when niggers can only afford glocks

Attached: which is the poorfag gun .jpg (1967x765, 360K)

i like the cyberpunk look of steyr pistols, are the trapezoid sights a big meme or is there a noticeable difference?

I didn't call Steyr poorfag guns, I called the argument that was made a poorfag argument. There's a subtle but important distinction to be made.

I wish they were designed with red dots in mind, the location of some of the components does not lend itself well to slide milling

Attached: 1528038850321.gif (487x560, 898K)

You're retarded.

I prefer a point to aim with rather than a flat plane, but i dont think it makes a noticeable difference.

2018 still not on the Glock masterrace train.

Attached: 1544592051903.png (861x564, 823K)

it for sure feels faster getting the sights aligned when bringing up the gun from draw, but I dont have a timer and that just comes down to an issue of training

Glock having $12-$15 magazines from 17 to 33 rounds that can be range over and still 100% reliable sealed the deal for me.

Eventually I'll get a hammer fired something more target oriented as a special treat.

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-131300.jpg (1080x2340, 290K)

>$500
In what world? I got mine for $400

steyr or glock?

Glocks are mediocre and the only reason for their popularity is that thousands of pistols were sold to the police so cheaply they may as well have been free

Lol I got mine for $299

So mediocre the Navy SEALS took Gen 3 19's as new standard sidearm over Sig's and Hk and FN and S&W m&p

>leave glock and go and develop the "ultimate" glock at a new "better" company
>don't have any after market
>dont have any pre market
>dont have any advertisements
>dont even tell anyone
>do nothing with it
>dont even tell anyone about it still
>price it more than just a glock
>somehow any of this was a good idea
I fanboyed the fuck out of it, bought it and then resold it.

‘tis the power of a forced meme, user

Elaborate. I get mixed up on what meme even means anymore user

>needs an aftermarket to have a decent handgun
The absolute state of glockfags

Nice to have fourteen different mag releases that can fit your ergo's and aesthetic needs wants and desires

Attached: lyu9tnborzxx.jpg (3024x1980, 3.14M)

My gun was just fine out of the box.

npr.org/2012/01/24/145640473/how-the-glock-became-americas-weapon-of-choice
Glock gave steep discounts to american police to get them to adopt it, so when the cops praised it they would be able to sell it for full price to the commoners. It’s like the gun version of a forced meme

You've got head pidgeons. Go see the nurse.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 12K)

in

Attached: forretards.jpg (2560x1440, 1.26M)

I don't see whats so forced about it. So if your tippy top sheriff and your departments sidearms are mostly 6 round revolvers, and a few.guys with some questionable Berettas and Smith and Wessons and 1911s and some weird commie sounding country presents some lightweight gun that holds 17 rounds, and is cheap as dirt, and passes reliability and durability tests, what to hate? You're a hater user.

>Beretta
>questionable
Nice bait

Attached: 1518783873722.gif (403x360, 112K)

>Austria
>commie country
An impressive achievement of American education.

> commie sounding
3/10 I responded

Attached: 1540583042315.jpg (250x202, 13K)

I said it in perspective of some small town sheriff that would think that way.

Why would the SEALs choose anything based on manufacturer discount? They can get pallets of whatever they want, whenever they want it, just by saying it's needed for the mission. And yet you're saying they chose Glock because police discounts? That absolute cope.

The other argument Glock haters is that "its just a lightweight work horse and they aren't ever used anyways." Which means all heavy hammer fired guns are Boomer fudd shit. A combat weapon is to be reliable and lightweight and hardly notice it's even there until you need it to do work. There no benefit of a heavier more precise gun when it slows you down and fatigues you more.

Everything else, it's just nit picking little details. " Ohh look at the machining. Feels how smooth the slide is. Just LOOK at this sight picture" "Phillips screws work just fine." it's all sissy shit to argue.

Yeah and Glock mods come with downsides. The 3.5lb ghost connectors make the slide harder to pull back, it just sorta preloads the trigger. Most people don't can't shoot handguns well enough to even benefit from a lighter trigger pull.

Because my Steyr constantly had issues and I ended up selling it because unreliable guns are shit. My boring Glock however have never had an issue.

My Glock constantly had issues and I ended up selling it because unreliable guns are shit. My cool Steyr however have never had an issue.

That never happened

I love my Steyr.
>retardedly good trigger
>super low bore axis and "pitched down" grip angle makes snap in .40 nonexistent
>Sights are a little odd but the shape of the slide just makes it easy to "point".

Yes it did.

You can order magazines direct from Steyr, dumbasses.

M9 is superior to glock tho

The gen 3 steyrs and earlier were notorious for extractor issues before they added the roll pin into the slide. Glocks have been consistantly reliable at least.

Get you a .357 sig barrel

I've ben looking at buying an M9-A1 as my first pistol, anyone have any words of advice or opinions?

>implying the Steyr doesn't look a hundred times better than a fucking glawk

>Steyr M9
>shit ergos
Is this nigger serious
It has among the best ergos you can possibly get in a handgun

Use good ammo

Yes. Do it faggot.
Trigger reset is on the softer side and mag release could be better but it's fantastic in every other way.

It's the best handgun ever, period

The ergos are definitely a little different than most other handguns, just because the top of the grip is so high compared to the pistol, your hand is angled down a bit when holding it.

Its certainly not bad though, and once you get accustomed to it, I think its downright better.

I'm manlet with small hands and girly wrists, how does this compare to other compact pistols?

>M9-A1

Get a 92FS MADE IN ITALY

I only have full size pistols because leafland so I can't compare it to compacts but the grip might feel a bit blocky to smaller hands, you should go check one at a store to be sure.

Unreliable. Not a soldier’s weapon

They make a compact

So, go for the C9 instead?

Yeah if that's your concern. I don't see why not

>buy glock
>have to swap out all the factory parts with aftermarket for it to perform acceptably

Going off their website, the size of the grip doesn't seem to change much between the C and the M, and there's only a .2" difference in overall

It's not a Hillary hole.

Too late. They've already spread to the other children.

Forgot pic.

Attached: 61e21877e893cdecb7f6e114876de3e9--invader-zim-pigeon.jpg (736x569, 58K)

>Why would the SEALs choose anything based on manufacturer discount?
Because that manufacturer discount led to a whole ton of field testing that the SEALs could look at while considering sidearms?

Yeah but the point is the cheap Glocks are durable as fuck and are easy to maintain.

The meme is anyone who's idea of marketing as a "Glock killer" when you can build a Glock from completely non OEM parts.

Attached: 1472516102238.jpg (338x305, 34K)

I did too, and I called Glock who paid shipping to replace all parts and fixed it for free.

Did the same for a px4, 10/22, and a P2000 because I'm not a sneaky fag that lies on a Hawaiian Pork Roasting Forum.

Attached: 1523933072761-his.jpg (540x527, 32K)

Its literally a lock.

It can't be accidentally engaged by recoil. It must be depressed and turned 90deg to engage it. You will need the key to do that. On my version, aside from the trigger, it is the only safety and serves as the takedown detent.

this. I had an M9 for a while. Loved everything about it except for that even with the "upgraded" extractor in the new gens, I'd still consistently get brass to the face. God I want to get an L9, but at this point I'll probably have the same issue

SEALs didn't go g19 cuz of money issues.

Personally ive owned 2 glocks and both were jam-o-matics and all around poorly manufactured pieces of shit so id believe it.

>SEALs are infallible and can do no wrong
I bet you'd let a SEAL fuck your wife too if he wanted.

Attached: Capture.jpg (763x533, 70K)

do you need the key to take it down?