Will getting married kill the gun hobby for me...

Will getting married kill the gun hobby for me? Can any people who were into guns before and after they got married chime in?

Assuming my wife cares for guns as much as the average women out there

Attached: marriage.png (1002x237, 181K)

I got married to a woman who was not at all into guns and wasn't too much of a cock about it but made it clear my stance. I also built into our budget (be sure you have one that you stick to) money for that shit. I married the right woman so she took an interest in the things I am into as well.
The first step was getting her behind a .22lr to show her that guns don't load themselves and start killing people.
After that I had her meet me at the range for an occasional "lunch date" shooting.
We've been married 7 years and slowly she has become more gun friendly and is now an ardent 2A supporter.
She plans to get her concealed permit this spring.

P.S. Women think you are a faggot if you stop being manly because you think that is what they want. Adult women tend to value security over everything and if you are a limp Wrist they will not respect you.

>not introducing spouce to guns
>actually hiding guns from said spouse who will likely have some other money sink/weird shit of their own
That’s a good way to get cheated on and divorced. Making such things even more of a guarantee.

I'm from the south so women might be a little more okay with guns, in my part.
I'm not married, I have a long time girlfriend that lives with me, shes gos to the range with me every now and then, and has her own CC. So I'm speaking mostly of observation and what I've heard from married buddies. For the most part it seems like wife's don't have much interest, but they tolerate it because it's their husbands hobby. It seem like the bigger of a collection a guy has the cooler the wife is about it. I only know one guy's wife who actively bitches and protest about guns, but he's kinda irresponsible with spending money on guns, trucks, hunting equipment instead of his family. Hell if I was his wife I'd be bitching at him too.
I'm personally think you should be free to have any hobbies you want as long as you do it responsible, same goes to your other half.

>P.S. Women think you are a faggot if you stop being manly because you think that is what they want. Adult women tend to value security over everything and if you are a limp Wrist they will not respect you.

This. Women not-so-secretly hate bugmen who are constantly apologizing.

If you find a good woman you don't need to hide your guns from her.
You may however need to justify future purchases , but this is more to do with household economics and less to do with the firearm purchase itself.

Keep separate bank accounts. We have a joint account that gets a fixed amount for housing, food, vacations, whatever else we want. We also have our own accounts that we can save up or spend as much as we want onwhat we want. Dont bitch about what she buys with her momey and she wont bitch about what you buy with yours. Works great.

Meeting a woman who can shoot better than I can and is deeply into firearms ownership.
*marry me

>Dont bitch about what she buys with her momey and she wont bitch about what you buy with yours. Works great.
^If only this applied in all cases. :(

I've bought more guns in a year of being married than all my time as a bachelor.

My wife's father had guns and took her shooting a few times. She likes guns in a sense that she will go shooting with me occasionally, she carries a CC gun that I bought her.
She approves of my hobby entirely and encourages me to get guns I really want.
She bought me a Desert Eagle for my birthday a few years back.
Her dad fucking LOVES me, his sons aren't into guns and he has no friends that are, so he and I go shooting once a week at least to the local range and bullshit and sling lead for a few hours.
My wife told me that he wrote me into his will to receive his firearms when he dies because his boys don't care about them and would likely sell them.

>caring about the opinions of someone with a child's level of intellect and emotional fortitude
Lmao did you marry a tranny who thinks women should work outside the home too?
>I wish my wife acted like a man and liked shooting, earning a wage, hunting, (((sports))) and shit
Faggot.

Attached: f25b614d2a0384f174772116c97c9645.jpg (480x508, 63K)

>t. unmarried kissless virgin incel

Noone is allowed to be happy , because you are a miserable cunt ?

> her money
Lmao. The fuck kind of gay shit is this? Only the opinion and desires of the male for the family matter since he is the head. If a roastie pics some moron who spends it dewski and COD thats on her.

>not wanting a warfu Mama Bear who will protect the cubs while Papa Bear is innafield
An incel AND a stick-armed twink

Attached: 1532469751597m.jpg (768x1024, 230K)

> virgin as a insult
Lmao made roastie detected. Sorry you're worthless to real men. Wife and I were pure when married unlike the whores you see out there.

>pants
Lmao that tranny can almost pass as a woman.

Too old. Would definitely breed the shit out of a 19-year-old who looks like that.

Go back to Jow Forums , noone on Jow Forums gives a shit about your opinion.

Don't be a cuck. You're just gonna get divorced raped
>n-not me! She's different
Look at the stats you stupid nigger. You are not special or different. OVER 50%

Attached: 1542808738198.jpg (337x355, 21K)

Hello newfriend!

and that 50% divorces doesn't even cover the amount of men living in absolute misery 24/7 but who can't/won't get divorced

>too old
Wew lad. Holding out for a unicorn?

>Lmao made roastie detected. Sorry you're worthless to real men. Wife and I were pure when married unlike the whores you see out there.

>i'm totally married g-guys. p-please b-believe me

Yeah. Might have to go abroad for it though. Plenty of young girls looking for an out but they will only take advantage if you are a pussy

What's crazy is being a bitch is such the norm that you think anything otherwise is a fabrication. Enjoy being a cuck lmao. Women belong in the home.

>projecting this hard
You have never seen a vagina in your entire life.

>Might have to go abroad for it though
Foreign women are worse than Western women. They'll dump you the second they get their green card.

Attached: 93290278.jpg (313x254, 53K)

The age-old problem. Instead of just saying guns, make it "X" since it could be literally anything since men and women do not enjoy the same things unless its a rarity. Find a woman who tolerates it, especially since its your money in the first place and part of you that won't be changing, or you stay balls deep in your hobby and use apps to get laid, then will your stuff to nephews/nieces and die in an old folks home alone.

>N...no! Im the gatekeeper!
>Anyone who doesn't conform is defective!
Lmao are you literally this autistic? What I said is how it is for a billion+ Arabs worshiping Mohammed, hubdreds of millions in Latin America, and a billion gooks all over Asia. The West was like this when we were at our greatest.

Youre the degenerate abnormality with your (((media))) controlled thoughts.

50% of marriages don't end in divorce, that's a misunderstanding of basic statistics, you can only get that number by comparing the number of divorces filled in a year compared to the number of new marriages, this is ignoring the fact that these are not the same marriages and not comparable statistics, the highest divorce has ever been in any age group is around 41% but that number is much lower in more recent marriages in fact the divorce rate has been dropping for many years

Attached: DqOnLwRU0AADIrE.jpg large.jpg (724x731, 80K)

>use apps to get laid
If you do this, you are aiding and abetting hypergamy. You are part of the problem.
>inb4 muh biological differences
Women are only whores because lechers allow them to be whores. It takes two.

>want to get married because a man with needs
>not want to get married and still a man with needs
pick one

>a man whoremongers, it's muh needs
>a woman whores around, she's a dishonorable thot
>but this is because of biological differences, totally not double standards
Shiggy diggy

Attached: tWj9H9T.jpg (500x375, 50K)

> 50%
Yeah divorce rates are high, but that figure is skewed by the dipshits who get married when they're 20, divorced, and then married 2 more times.

This.
20 is not an age where either sex is emotionally or developmentally mature enough for a lifelong commitment.

He has , but only on shit tier women who were only looking for an emotional punching bag & meal ticket.
He got fucked by her and likely 2 or 3 other women of shit tier quality.

>virgin shaming
Either a kike or a whore. Maybe both.

"Your Money" , c'mon man , women do not see a mans earnings as his money when they are in a serious relationship.
The money the man makes is there for her to spend in her eyes.

AUSTRALIA'S MARRIAGES, 2017
This article provides analysis on the marriages registered in Australia during 2017. It presents national, state and territory information, including the number of marriages registered, crude marriage rates, median age at marriage, age-specific marriage rates, month of marriage, and registered relationship information.

Key points for 2017 include:
The number of marriages decreased in 2017 by 5,447 (4.6%) and the crude marriage rate decreased from 4.9 in 2016 to 4.6 marriages per 1,000 estimated resident population in 2017.
The median age at marriage for males in 2017 was 32.0 years, an increase from 31.9 years of age in 2016. The median age at marriage for females in 2017 was 30.1 years, an increase of 0.2 years since 2016.
The majority of marriages continues to be overseen by Civil celebrants. The proportion of marriage ceremonies overseen by a civil celebrant increased to 78.0 per cent of all marriages in 2017.
In 2017, the majority of brides (80.9%) and grooms (79.3%) had not been married before.

Attached: 1543081438269.jpg (650x343, 59K)

My wife hates guns but I love them we don't talk about them. I don't force my hobby on her she doesn't force her gun grabbing on me. She does use it in fights though like "ill call the cops and tell them what you have" she thinks ARs are illegal but I don't own a single illegal weapon

Woman verbally abuses a man in public , noone cares.
Woman physically assaults a man in public , most everyone laughs.

If a woman threatened to call the cops on me for anything , we are fucking done, I'd be looking to leave your wife mate.

if a woman sees your money as her money when just dating, then there is a problem. if she doesnt work and isnt cooking nice meals and offering to clean up his place and being a decent woman, then that is a giant red flag. if she works then that is different

Oh, I know. Don't get me wrong, equal rights, equal fights. I hold that earth-shattering, contrarian opinion that (GASP) men and women should be held to the same standards.

Bro! Get the fuck out of that situation. Wait until you have kids and she uses that against you to get full custody.

AUSTRALIA'S DIVORCES, 2017
This article provides analysis on the divorces granted in Australia during 2017. It presents national, state and territory information including the number of divorces granted, crude divorce rates, ages at marriage, separation and divorce, age-specific divorce rates, duration of marriage prior to divorce.

Key points for 2017 include:
The number of divorces granted increased by 2,428 (5.2%) in 2017 and the crude divorce rate increased from 1.9 divorces per 1,000 estimated resident population in 2016 to 2.0 divorces per 1,000 estimated resident population in 2017.
The median age at divorce for both males and females was unchanged in 2017. For males the median age at divorce was 45.5 years of age and the median age of females was 42.9 years of age.
The median duration from marriage to divorce in 2017 also remained stable at 12.0 years..

Attached: 1543081695821.jpg (640x480, 44K)

The problem with these statistics is that it can't differntiate problem individuals, I.E. the people who get married and divorced 4+ times in their lives, they bloat the numbers super hard.

The average person who gets married has a good chance of staying married if not for their entire lives then for at least a decade or two.

Not saying you have to get married if you're worried about this kind of shit, but just saying that if you account for the marriage whalers then you see that it's not the worst fucking thing in the world like the numbers make it out to be at first glance.

By your statistics here isn't the 80%, it's the other 20%

I'll admit I'm better off in my marriage than most of my friends who are, but I'll say that absolutely not. My qt carries, has a rifle of her own and we train the basics often. In another few months we'll be operating/LARPing the more serious stuff together.

Just get yourself the right girl and it can all come true.

>Assuming my wife cares for guns as much as the average women out there
average men are a bigger problem desu
>be me
>femanon (female)
>know 0 men who are seriously into guns
>all of my co-workers are limp wristed numales
>a few weeks ago
>at office christmas party
>was pretty drunk
>co-worker asked what i did with our recent $1500 bonus
>recently bought a CzechPoint vz.58 and a lot of ammo
>usually hide my powerlevles
>was pretty drunk, had an entire half bottle of johnnie walker black
>blabbed about it
>everyone freaks out because i own an "AK assault rifle"
>went into a really autistic rant about how a VZ isn't an AK variant
Of course I'd never date a co-worker, but I think they're a pretty good indicator of what the average man is like in 2000+18. Don't say "go innawoods", because men who live in the country tend to be fudds. I'm also pretty weabish and I know most fudds would object to some of my other hobbies
Also
>not even half way through december and i've already spent $2200 on guns and ammo
>know 99% of the male population would have a massive problem with my spending habits

Attached: 1527732494028.png (848x478, 342K)

Also I know like a dozen or so women who are serious about their gun hobby, it isn't that great but it's more than 0

I've long since introduced my long term GF to guns, and now range dates are a go to. Dont hide your hobbies faggot, man up and show your woman who you are.

best I could do.
LENGTH OF MARRIAGE OF DIVORCING COUPLES

The median duration of marriage to divorce was 12.0 years in 2017. Historically, the median duration of marriage to divorce reached a peak of 12.6 years in 2005 but has declined slightly since then.

The median duration of marriage to separation was 8.3 years in 2017, a slight decrease from 8.4 years in 2016. The median duration of marriage to separation has also declined slowly since peaking at 8.9 years in 2006.

a decade or two ...
fuck that.
I'm staying single and keeping my fucking house.
Companionship & sex mean nothing compared to financial stability and a secure domicile.

>2018
>getting married
ayyy

Attached: 1475573618422.gif (359x202, 3M)

>Vz.58
Are you in Canada? If so, you might just be surrounded by numales. Any area with a large leftist presence will more often than not have anti gun people. Here in Wisconsin, almost everyone is familiar with guns because deer hunting is huge in this state. Not all of them are Jow Forums SHALL NOTs but a good portion are for protecting any rights we have.

As for the thread theme, my gf is deathly afraid that she'll kill herself if there's guns in the house. It's only gotten worse since we went to separate universities. Now, she says she'll leave if I have to kill anyone in defense of us because "no one has the right to take another life and all killing is bad". If I can't dick the stupid out of her this winter break and take her to the range to show her how fun it is, then there's no hope for this working out.

Attached: 1541777327100.png (500x557, 138K)

>Mama Bear
>protect the cubs
>Papa Bear is innafield
You're a faggot. Goddam thats cringe as fuck.

At least, user, at least

The people who divorce are the minority. Most people get married and stay married.

>Be me
>35 years old , white , straight , male , aspergic
>have decent job , bought house & brand new car.
>Family and Friends say I should get married , even though everyone is aware of the horrendous time I had in my 20s and I am of no want to cohabitate with a woman
>Some fag on the internet calls me gay , yet they are likely a trap-fapping degenerate with no prospects

Get rid of her right fucking now.
She is the problem.
A man who doesn't stand up to his woman to protect his woman is weak and should not breed.

>If so, you might just be surrounded by numales
>might just be

Attached: 1523935634135.jpg (718x960, 109K)

No thanks , I will keep my house & freedom , I also love being able to come home from work and not fight with someone over trivial bullshit.
Never again.

Good FIL Just got my Son-In Law his wedding present, LV GLock 17,
Just ran 100 rounds through it.
He gets my guns when I go.

czechpoint is an american importer

You are a low-quality male and thus have only had and will only have access to low-quality females

the healthiest medicines taste the worst

remember it buddy

Attached: stop.png (393x390, 195K)

You fucking Reddit fags need to fuck off back there.

Damn good advice.

short answer is yes. long answer is it depends had badly and if you get kids

>moved to the south
>out with a friend at their ranch one day
>asks if I want to ride one of their horses
>okay
>only ever learned English style riding
>get in the saddle
>confused that the reins are tied together, ask why
>“user, how are you supposed to rope or shoot if you’ve got a rein in each hand?”
I should have fucking wifed her bros

We had a huge fight over this on the phone. I told her that if anyone threatened to harm me or my family, they're getting shot and bayonetted. She said that she was disgusted that I was so "willing" to take another person's life. I asked her if her hypothetical child had a knife to their throat thanks to some home invader and she had to kill them to save her child, would she do it? And that's when told me that she wouldn't do it; she wouldn't kill to protect her child. I called her a dumb bitch and hung up after that. I do not want to marry someone who would rather die than protect the family. I'm waiting until we see each other in person to fully decide how to proceed.

>*battered husband typing intensifies*

This thread sure makes having a GF seems nice

we have 2 kids she wouldn't dare call I am her only source of income and she is lazy I have her on tape hitting her self and saying she would tell the cops I did it. I am not scared of her and she fucks like a crazy girl she is a lot of fun. I have always loved girls that are nuts I just figure she is punching me and trying to stab me because she loves me

She wont do she though. she needs me more than I need her

Missed your chance

Yes I am battered and love every minute. she would hide a body for me. one time a cop came to my house over some shit I didn't do she lied to him just to keep me around. you guys sound like all my IRL friends. You guys do understand that love she has for me

You're an absolute moron for putting a ring on that shit.

That's your choice my dude, wish you the best. Personally it's the same choice I made, but I'm not going to say that marriage always ends in disaster when after looking at all of the available evidence most people apparently do alright.

At the end of the day it still is a big risk, and if you personally think it's too big of a risk then I certianly can't fault you because I wouldn't risk it either.

I'm just not a total doomsayer about it, you know?

Fuck off, retard.

>>Fuck off, retard.
>Eww, I don't like this medicine, take it away! I'll never drink another drop!

Fuck off, retard

>key opens any lock
>lock works with any key

Go back to Yiddit. Now.

Don't even post.

Just go back. Now.

You have to.

Attached: jorgVikerson.png (639x526, 474K)

L-London

>also be femanon
>hear coworker is into guns, he mentioned one day he left California because of shitty gun laws
>try to talk about guns with coworker casually by bringing up that I went to the range last weekend
>thought I might be able to get a range friend for husband and I
>learn he doesn't actually shoot them
>has never been to a range
>he just has them

My husband made me a gun hobbyist. I'm not nearly as into it as he is but at least I shoot my guns.

Attached: 1311060078678.jpg (299x334, 14K)

Femanons pls post ammo and toes

My personal experience

>finish school and get decent job
>buy guns and shit pretty much whenever I want
>meet future wife
>shes cool with guns, not really into them but not against
>while dating continue to buy pretty much what i want when i want
>get married
>work out budget together
>still have money for funs, just have to be more choosy, save up for a bit longer, etc.
>i knew it was part of the deal going in
>we have a steady building of our savings now, instead of me blowing most extra cash on funs
>still have plenty of shit to play with and go shooting whenever i want

Basically getting married just meant I had to become more responsible and not just impulse buy every cool new fun I saw.

just marry a man, dumbass

Attached: 1356229287499.png (660x486, 219K)

>>learn he doesn't actually shoot them
>>has never been to a range
>>he just has them

definitely a Jow Forumsommando then

Getting married, hell dealing with women in general, in today's America is a losing game.

Especially urban women.

Traps ain't gay tho

He probably is based on his other hobbies and mannerisms, but I would never bring it up. I live in Portland, OR, so bringing up funs to begin with is questionable.

This goes to show how beneficial getting married can be when its done right and with the right person. If it weren't for your wife if sounds like you might not even save enough for retirement.

My friend's wife is like this. Huge weeb, huge gun nut. Can't talk with coworkers cause anti gun, can't talk with local gun owners cause they're fudds and lose shit over weebshit.

my wife is a bit of prepper in her own right so she appreciates my willingness to slaughter anyone that invades our home and threatens out babies. She was a little uneasy about me CCWing around her at first but I pointed out it's my job to protect her and she shouldnt stand in the way of that. Now she admits she feels a lot more at ease when I do carry.

The first part is right. I was and still am saving plenty to my 401k. It's just while I was single I wasn't building up my bank account savings very much.

But it's true, if you are single, making good money, living cheaply, it's easy to spend a ton of money and not really see a problem with it. So it definitely has help me become more responsible. And it's a lot more satisfying actually to save up for something. You value it more and make wiser choices with what you buy.

Been married for 8 years, two kids. I've never come home to an argument. In fact the biggest argument my wife and I have had was over her white trash parents staying in our garage (didn't happen).

You go for shit women, user

I wouldn’t even wait at that point user, desu. You know where she stands and you know what her priorities are. She won’t defend herself or your children, or allow you to do so. I understand waiting to talk about it in person, had to do it when I broke up once, but it was really more of a closure than a chance for her to change what I think of her.

Person of color wut

Reminds me of one of my dads irresponsible boomer friends.
>Costantly spending money on retarded shit, wife is mad as hell constantly
>Gets a new AR, a Barrett I believe. Fits it with a bipod, suppressor, expensive scope, etc
>Gets drunk one night with my dad and decides to shoot the new rifle
>Stands in the bed of his brand new Silverado with the bipod resting on the roof of the cab, shooting at pumpkins in a big field
>As he squeezes the trigger he leans too far into the stock and stumbles forward
>The Bipod collapses as he fires, rifle dips forward, pew.mp3
>Look downrange, no idea where the round impacted, they figure it probably flew off somewhere
>Weekend passes, retarded friend gets in his truck Monday to go to work, notices fabric falling from the headliner
>Hole in the ceiling of cab

>been dating girl for almost two years
>finally going to take her shooting in a few weeks
>really excited and hope I can make it into something we share

Anyone have any advice for that first range trip? I'm bringing my Marlin 795 to ease her in easy, but I'm wondering if I should bring my SKS and sporter Vepr as well.

Attached: 1467291478866.jpg (379x451, 11K)