.357 Sig

Oh hi there. Don't mind me. I am just being the best CC round in existence.

Attached: 357sig.jpg (2272x1704, 723K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkus6kKodpU
ballisticsbytheinch.com/45super.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can I run you in a 9mm CZ or Glock?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkus6kKodpU

Yep.

>best Glock

Attached: 357.jpg (1077x808, 103K)

Tfw no 9mm necked down to 30 carbine.

>overpriced hard to find ammo
>no appreciable statistical advantage in stopping power
>reduced capacity

No thanks.

It only took a .380 to start WW1

Attached: fn1910princip.jpg (600x400, 27K)

I'll keep muh .45 and call it a day

>higher capacity
>more reliable (dat bottleneck)
>more power
>better barrier penetration

Literally no reason to be using 45 AARP, bro

.38 super already owns that cake buddy

.30 luger?

9x25 Dillon

Attached: 9x25.jpg (3828x3301, 2.08M)

This is one of the reasons why I don't like gel tests. All HP rounds are designed to work the same almost exactly.
357sig and .40sw are just slightly better than 9x19 in a couple ways but all that matters is meeting a gel test minimum to most shooters. I don't get it.

>>more reliable (dat bottleneck)

Why would a bottlenecked cartigrade be more reliable?

The taper feeds better.

How difficult is it to reload and how available are the components?

Please stop posting this retarded thread. 357 sig is a fucking meme and it really doesn't matter how much "better" than 9/45/40 it is because all CC rounds are equally bad at killing people.

Get out of the way, little boy.

t. 45 Super

Some of us like gun stuff that might be slightly better. That's one of the ways you get to a thing that might not be equally bad.

>357 nig
KILL YOURSELF

It's pretty meme-y
>CZ
How to tell someone's a noguns 101, they mention CZ in a neutral or positive manner.

Up it to fed mag pressures and you have a deal

>not .460 Rowland
Apply Yourself!

>TFW no .460 Rowland necked down to .32

Hey look, a LARPer no gunz

.40 SW is actually objectively worse than 9mm in almost every way.

In theory they should feed better, but this is hasnt been an issue in semi autos for nearly 40 years.
It's just the .357 sig owners are contrarians who need to try an validate their poor choices any way possible.

10mm is actually objectively better then 9mm in almost every way

.45 Super is objectively better than 10mm in almost every way.

Aside from price, capacity, recoil, parts wear, availability, gun selection.
And that assuming were talking about real 10mm loads, most commercial offerings are just expensive .40 +p

.460 rowland is objectively better than 10mm in almost every way.
Funnies aside why are you pushing that trash tier .45 super?

Thats not true, its just the most popular pistol rounds are bad at killing people.

10mm auto, 357 mag and 44 mag near rifle energy numbers at the muzzle.

.40 has worse terminal ballistics than 9mm.
In real world shootings .40 almost always fails to penetrate deep enough to damage any vital structures, and .40 generates the least PSI of the big 3, with 9mm generating the most [although .45 is close] and it doesnt matter if the hole is 1mm diameter larger if it cant destroy anything that will make a human stop. The .40 then is just less effective, more costly, and has less capacity than 9mm.
>inb4 in your butthurt rage you spout more fallacies

No one is running around with those hot 10mm rounds you're talking about.
Everyone just gets the shit tier ones that are just expensive .40s

.45 Super is a great round. Plink with Blazer ACP and blow stuff away with the Buffalo Bore Super.
.45 Super is more powerful than all those.
ballisticsbytheinch.com/45super.html

Well thats true, but 10mm is a very capable if the user feeds it right.

Most benchracers just compare stats too though, 10mm is loud as fuck and is blasty too. Same reason why SBRs are overrated, it might be great with a supressor or with ears on but god help your EEEEE if you need to use it without it.

Great, that must mean its better at killing people too.

I really dont give a shit about you shilling your fav cartridge, go b8 someone else.

Why would I get mad I don't own a .40 I own a 9x19. Besides i deleted the post because I accidentally wrote terminal ballistics rather than external but .40's better at both.
Statistically 9 does well at what it does. The problem is when you get into hollow points it's pointless to talk about because the .40 is better.
If you get two rounds (9 and 40)that reliably have the same penetration depth like HP rounds do say you get two that both do 16 inches. The one that gets bigger does more damage and makes it better. There is no objective or statistical reason why a larger amount of tissue destruction wouldn't be more effective. If it were knives and you stabbed someone with a knife that is 9mm in width, or one that's a expanded 40 round (which should easily be twice it's original size, if you're poking a flat hole and not a round one with a knife, it's very obvious the bigger ones better. Rounding it instead of making it flat doesn't change that.
.40's have more mass and that's better for terminal ballistics especially if barriers are involved.
and yada yada yada I already know b..b.but muh 9 has moar ammo
you need more shots because you're convinced the round sucks so bad it's not going to work, great argument.

I've shot .357 mag out of a 6" barrel without earpro
That was a mistake.

>TFW no .50AE necked down to .17HMR

It is, because it has both energy and dimensional advantages over the other rounds mentioned.

.45 Super is the future of pistol calibers.

>too much vel
>round rips apart in barrel from air resistance

>meme round born in the 80s that died in the 90s
>future

What?

Attached: _20181113_194428.jpg (2350x3426, 1.41M)

Name them.

I really don't see that happening

Attached: poa2.jpg (640x391, 35K)

why not 45 su or 10mm at this point?

It’s not .45 Super.

I'm right there with you man. People jerk off to .357 penetration while disregarding hot easy it is to make loads that penetrate like a motherfucker.

Except it's not, given that it pushes the same velocities with the same bullet weights with worse capacity and worse sectional density

>most commercial offerings are just expensive .40 +p
I know it's fun to repeat things you've read online from 10 years ago, but the "real" loads people like to talk out of their asses about are quickly outstripping to perfectly acceptable "weak" loads

Higher velocity generally and also allows loading with larger projectiles that are simply not possible with 10mm Auto due to size constraints.

The 10memeter is a good round, it's just inferior to .45 Super.

Why is everyone so upset about 10mm not being the best auto cartridge, it's like they have their identities tied up in it.

>357 Nig
Cute
9x25 will always be the god king caliber for big dick bros who fuck on the reg.

Attached: CF118C52-F251-4BC1-862B-095DAA52F90F.jpg (3428x2284, 1.58M)

Why the fuck are we still talking about this. Isn't it common knowledge by now that 5.7 is the best pistol cartridge available? Didn't the fort hood shooting prove this when most of the deaths were a single chest shot?

Why is there a small plate that appears to be bolted on in front of the red dot?

Keeps gases from fouling up the front of the objective. See those two giant ports on the barrel?

I see the ports, it just seems like they are much too far forward/the plate too far back to make a difference.

>>higher capacity
So you need more rounds to do what 45 does? Then what's the point
>>more reliable (dat bottleneck)
I have put 8000 rounds through my 1911 and never once had a feeding issue.
>>more power
Then why the need for more rounds
>>better barrier penetration
Yes, because you're going to get in a shootout in bullet proof vest factory, meat locker, or other area that doesn't consist of mostly sheet metal and particle board like 99% of places these days.
>>Literally no reason to be using 45 AARP, bro
Literally no reason not to use 9mm or 32acp either.

People that buy a product and then go around being niggers to people that use almost the same product but not the exact same product are such easily-led, no-thinking trash. I wish that wasn’t like 80% of the discussion here.

t. someone that carries 10mm but knows 9mm or 380acp is all you need

You think .380acp is really enough? Because I carry a G26 but absolutly would love to carry a stainless Sig 232 in the summer heat; but i cant convince myself to see it as "enough".

It's really up to a person's personal situation on what they carry, but anything around 25 ACP and over should be fine for self-defense, especially with modern advances in technology. I mean keep in mind 380acp is just 9mm short. 38 special is 9mm long rimmed, if you will.

All of this cope, it both has more power and capacity, you're shooting a relic

All that power and capacity and what does it amount to?

Oh fuck uh..... shit he guys sorry I'm late had to do some shit but I'm dropping by to remind you that .32naa is the best pocket pistol caliber in existence
>Small
>Fast as shit
>Better penetration and post penetration than .380
>Better than .32acp in all regards
>All it takes is a barrel swap from .380 to shoot
>Relatively easy to find ammo
>Reloadable
>Fast as fuck

Attached: ss (2018-12-16 at 12.27.18).jpg (498x351, 52K)

But the usual loads and balistics of both .380acp and .38special are quite inferior of those of 9mm. Being that improvements have been made for all of them.

I strugle to see as "powerful enough" anything below 9mm loaded to meet ipsc minor power factor.

Alright then here's the real question: powerful enough for what? What do you want the round to do?

im liking this

A round rapidly gaining a following that will likely eclipse century old rounds in a few decades

Lets say, penetrate enough to get a good chance of incapacitacion. Considering a mild barrier between me and target (normal to heavy clothing, window glass...) shooting at 15-20y max, for example.

You should
Mind you this is not a carry gun caliber, 9mm is far superior for most applications that you will face in self defence but if you're in light clothing and somewhere were oc will get you ostracized forcing you to run something smaller like a single stack .380, .32naa is the way to go. Again all it is is a barrel swap and maybe with older guns a reinforced recoil spring, meaning that at most you're gonna be popping another ~200 in custom barrel machining. At least that's what I payed for my custom .357 sig barrel for my glock, experiences may vary.

If you're stuck with .32acp northamericanarms makes a conversion from .32acp to .25naa and I'm sure you can figure out what's going on there on your own.

do you need a custom magazine for a 380 conversion?

I've played with a couple 38s but not really sure how to approach using a necked cartridge like this

A steel ball shot form a powerful slingshot can do that with proper shot placement. So what you're telling me is steel ball shot from a powerful slingshot is fine, but somehow 380acp fired with twice the speed and power isn't or a 38sp with four times the speed and power isn't? Because that's what these rounds have been doing for generations. I'm not saying that you should carry a 380 or 38 or a 32 or 44 Magnum or 357 Magnum or a 50 BMG loaded into a single shot pistol. You use what's right for you. But almost any round is plenty enough to do that because that's what they're all designed for.

so, if you made steel casing 357 sig would it feed better than steel 9mm or whatever since only the outer rim is expanding?

Why would you want a necked down .32? I get a 72 grain FMJ that gets up to about 1k fps. I'd lose half mass and almost 50% of it's diameter for 200 extra feet per second. The loss of mass and diameter sounds like it'd lose a huge power factor disproportionate to getting the round up to the transonic barrier where it's more likely to destabilize in flight. It doesn't even gain capacity and still has a semi rim. Conversion sounds horrible unless you have a really short barreled .32 and can't find any hot loaded ammo.

you answered your own question there at the end. super subcompact meme shit.
Yeah it's a 380 case with a neck, thats it
Runs fine in my p64, planning on getting some more custom work done on other stupid cheap compacts in the future

oh right that makes sense
any good pistol combos worth looking at

Attached: lookafaggot.jpg (206x210, 9K)

>I have no argument and I must 'reeeeeeeeeee' the post.
Fact is you know that 357sig isn't any better or worse than any of the other popular autoloader handgun calibers on the market. Furthermore for most people it's just an overpriced gimmick when other calibers suit their needs much better.

MORNIN OUTLAWZ

Attached: Threeper.jpg (2048x2048, 779K)

Attached: 45 vs 357.jpg (869x645, 178K)

I just mean the chances I’ll ever need to defend myself with more than like an LCP’s worth of 380 shots is almost zero and I think that’s probably true for most people. If someone is in crazy situations all the time they might need more (like my (unnecessary to me but still cool) 16 shots of 10mm) to be adequately protected.

How do you like it? I've always thought about trying it, but I don't own a 10mm Glock to convert in the first place so I'm hesitant to pay all that much for something that no one really seem to know a lot about.

Facts. .45 Super is just the best. These 10mm nerd kids need to give it a rest already.

>CZ is shit because its popular now!

classic Jow Forums mentality.

Amen Brother, *sips*

I hope that mustard glocks bait and not your actual carry lol

Off blue tips too. This board hates it for the same reason they hate all FN’s=price

citation needed

tfw no .32 NAA skorpion

the only advantage .32 ACP has over .32 NAA is that that you can fire .32 ACP out of a .327 Magnum

Attached: 8rd32naa-01.jpg (600x471, 206K)

Sweet.
>.40 real estate in the mag
> still makes 9mm holes

Truly the round for people who think .40 ain't dumb enough yet

The price of the five seven is its only downside, I have no idea why its still so overpriced and why no other company has made their own.

>tfw no .32 NAA skorpion
Have a gunsmith put a vz61 barrel on a vz64?

>you CC a gun with less than 2,000 FPS
Lel, it’s your funeral kid.

Attached: 73797DEF-9EEC-45D3-A454-365759984AA5.jpg (4032x3024, 1.61M)

Gel tests miss out on a lot of stuff, like how a round with more mass might be able to keep going a lot better after busting through a rib or two. The thing about gel is it was never intended to be a stand in for a human body, just as a consistent and re-testable medium for seeing how rounds react. The only comparison a gel test really has is to itself. Sure, if a round goes 1 inch you can tell it'll be shit against a person, but you can't really say that it would do 1 inch against a human body.

Is that a fife on a Keychain?

Attached: 20181213_000215.jpg (304x501, 110K)

Everone wants to shit on it because it's original loading used slower burning powder to feed compensators for competition shooting what they don't realize is that the design had room to adapt with modern powder and lead free rounds to excel in high velocity soft armor blind performance. I wanted a FiveSeven for the same reason but financially and logically the 9x25 made more sense. Also you can shoot 40s&w out of the stock 10mm barrel and magazines with no modifications I have do it a bunch. I really like that without any modification other than a barrel swap I can shoot 3 different cartridges out of a single gun. Also when shooting low grain bullets like Pic related the recoil feels similar to 9mm in my g19

Attached: Screenshot_20181010-185358.png (720x1280, 357K)

>2018
>still posting in caliber troll threads

That's what I'm planning on doing when I get some more $$$$ but .380 skorpions aren't the easiest to find.
Bersa/Beretta/(If you want to disgust all of Jow Forums) Walther/Obviously North American Arms has their own proprietary gun in the cartridge. I think those fucking hipoint carbines come in .380, that would be the bees' tits to see what .32naa can do out of a 16inch barrel

45 win mag #1

Attached: 1804.jpg (1800x954, 226K)

>357 Nig Eliminator

Ok NOW i want one.

Attached: devilish.jpg (470x595, 91K)