Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR, can we trust him?

Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR, can we trust him?

Attached: CC6E90C3-1792-433F-BA5D-EEAA82125FC4.jpg (500x205, 14K)

No
Pass on those, not worth the $130
20 lb trigger
Point of aim is not point of impact
Makes a decent boat anchor

stop shilling for Ruger, user

Go be a poor fag somewhere else.

Attached: 9457AF6B-35AA-4070-9538-64E6CEA8DD2C.jpg (2592x1936, 1.78M)

Heard good things. Haven't shot one myself though. Problem with cheap guns is, when you hear good things, you'll never know if it was poorfag cope until you get one yourself. Luckily you won't be out much if you do get one and it sucks.

If you like the fag caliber known as 22lr, it's not a bad buy. I use it as my new shooter or female shooter intro gun.

Have one. Paid the extra $30 for the WMR cylinder, why the hell not?

Not sure what is talking about and suspect they had a bad experience with some other, probably double action, .22 revolver.

I've found mine to be more accurate than me, and the trigger no heavier than my single-action semiauto, which is also probably a little lighter than I'd prefer.

It isn't lightweight, he's right about that. Since I bought it as a range toy, that isn't a major issue for me.

Bought one for the GF.
Made the mistake of showing her the .22 WMR cylinder. Totally defeated the purpose of a dirt cheap caliber.

Good little gun. It's as accurate as my low round count Colt peacemaker .22.
I can't speak for long term reliability personally, have about 500 rounds through it with zero issues though.

Georgia law states you must carry a .22 rimfire to dispatch animals if you're trapping. I know a few people who throw a rough rider in the glove box just for that. It's an excellent gun for the golf cart / side x side atv for cruising around the back 40 also.

Attached: IMG_20181215_184055002~2.jpg (4691x2660, 2.21M)

Check out the warning on the barrel, looks like they are a "true" SAA clone in that regard

Ya I noticed before I bought it. Seems more like California's "everything that's man-made is known to the state to cause cancer" type of warning though.
It's honestly a good little gun.

Not my favorite.
It didn't make the draft pick for the bug out bag.
But I'd buy another one if the need arose.

Here's some drunk bar-b-que'ing.

Attached: IMG_20181122_204247395.jpg (4008x5344, 3.11M)

Yes. Take the rough rider pill.

Attached: rough_rider.jpg (1024x549, 56K)

They aren't completely awful, but they are cheap in both the good and bad sense. I recommend getting a nicer .22, but if you're in the mindset that .22 guns absolutely must be cheap and you want it to double as a Cowboy LARP gun then go right ahead.

I think everyone needs at least one 22lr revolver in there collection. Mine is accurate, despite a weird swirl ~2" in the bore of black shit that's a pain to get out. No issues with ~2000 rounds through it.

Attached: IMG_20181215_182751__01.jpg (4101x2925, 3.44M)

Yeah the 22lr revolver market is wonky. Even you spend

I bought one about 10 years ago. I had to file down the front sight a little bit to get it zeroed, but once I did it worked well. I've probably shot more rounds through that gun than any other. I haven't experienced any problems after at least 10,000 rounds.

There = there are
Their = possessive
They're = they are

Fuck you faggot I'm a busy mother fucker

If minnesota weren't full of faggots I could buy one.

>muh saturday night specials
>muh melting point
Sometimes I hate this state

The 22lr semi-auto market is healthy though. Lots of options and prices.

I honestly wouldn't know, all I got is a unfired, brand new, vintage 6 inch colt new frontier.

Yeah everyone should have a semi auto 22lr as well but nothing beats manually loading and unloading a single action revolver.

Comfy desu

Not him, but I've always found Rugers to be reasonably priced.

you should buy them because the pain of reloading them (or pleasure in my case) makes you think about every shot. Slows you down and builds shooting skill.

It's not for me, but plenty of people love theirs
>Jams
>Stovepipes
>No quiets, shorts, ratshot, other funhouse rounds
I'd trade my 10/22 for the lever action version in an instant.

I gpt one on sale about 100 bucks
Compleatly happy. I enjoy it

The trigger is shit and it's made by Taurus.

It's the second part that upset me, didn't learn that until after I had bought said gun.

The trigger on mine seems alright. What did you experience? Grittiness? Heavy weight?

It's a gun for plinking and pretending you're a cowboy. Not your daily carry or some shit.