Are over/under shotguns viable for self defense? Even if they are not...

Are over/under shotguns viable for self defense? Even if they are not, should I still get one because they look aesthetic and classy as fuck?

Attached: i am a hero shotgun.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FhgwHQCJwWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean, some gun is better than no gun.

Most anything that uses self contained cartridges and isn't a single shot .22 is viable if it really has to be. Black powder too if it's it's a double gun or a revolver, or add a bayonet if it isn't.

ask the japanese user they seem to put them in all their movies

Attached: Lesson of the Evil.webm (873x360, 2.94M)

bump

Great for clays and bird hunting but pretty shit for self defense. Even the cheapest double barrels are more expensive than a decent pump shotgun, which is better for self defense anyways. The last thing you want while defending yourself is to have to reload.

What movie is this from?

sxs > u/o

Attached: cz-coach-gun_005_2[1].jpg (450x402, 50K)

read the fucking file name you blind, deaf, and dumb bat

lesson of the evil
dont be mean

Seems viable

Attached: 3955234accc8825b592fb97b365ad443.jpg (533x800, 42K)

Thank you

Skip to 2:30 or thereabouts.

youtube.com/watch?v=FhgwHQCJwWw

I wouldn't be too worried about using one for that. Less so if it had two triggers since if both barrels hit at the same time it's definitely going to stop a threat at the kind of self defense range a house is.
I'd still grab my pistol and stuff it in my waist band though first.

> not killing all the men and raping all the women instead

cringe and gaypilled

No and no.

Some pipes, springs and a few nails and a welding torch=howevermanybarrelyouwant shotgun for much cheaper than buying one. Its getting the ammo you need to worry about.

It would kill a bitch. But get what you want you are allowed to own several guns and have a few (or all) for fun

Attached: 1391834053953.jpg (941x705, 544K)

No and no.

>Are over/under shotguns viable for self defense?

If you've got nothing else? Sure, go for it.

That vid is pretty lulzy though. He'd have been better off with a blunt weapon instead.
And the way he loosely shoulders that shotgun means he'd get fucking kicked so hard each shot. I'd love for him to shoot a real shotgun.

>ask the japanese user they seem to put them in all their movies

Over/unders are one of the few weapons you can actually get as a hunter in Japan. So it makes sense. It's one of the few guns that they'll likely have seen irl at some point in their life.

Attached: sawed-off.jpg (960x440, 86K)

Just don't shoot in the air as a warning shot though...

Attached: SBS1468643424994.jpg (1024x616, 57K)

If you want to get a break action for aesthetic reasons, getting a Coach Gun is the first fucking step of any amount of steps.
Probably not this one, but the external hammers are sexy.

Attached: 20170622_165442_resized-1500x850.jpg (1500x850, 203K)

That one teenage girl put one to use on a home invader, didn't work out too well for the spook. She shot it a lot and knew her way around the weapon, which is the key to anything really. A fudd with a sxs he's been using to nail squirrels for the last 20 years will generally outshoot a tacticool mall ninja with the M4 he bought last week...

>warning shot
is generally a bad idea. imagine you're on a roof top at night, enjoying the view and a beer and suddenly a hail of shot rains down on you and your roof because some dude on the other end of the street fired his shotgun straight up and the wind carried the pellets to you.

But creepy uncle Joe told me too...

>TruGlo
cringe

At worst those pellets take one eye of yours.

Yeah but would you want to be on the giving or receiving end just to make it clear to an aggressor that you are able to defend yourself?

listen user it sounds like you want a O/U shotgun. get one. dont worry about what autists on the internet think of them just buy one and make yourself happy

>~5 men
>not rushing him when he's reloading
No wonder they lost WW2

Yeah, that didn't work out so well for them in WWII. At least against the Americans.

The worst they can do is fall in your food and you break a teeth when biting down on them.

For aesthetic I would recommend side by side double barrel.
This is my (It's 2 am and I just heard a noise from downstairs, so now there's a certain probability that there's a spooky scary monster in my house,
so I need to hunt it down Van Hellsing style) scenario emergency action fast response kit.

Attached: sbs.jpg (1348x759, 498K)

>Great for clays and bird hunting but pretty shit for self defense.

depends on where he lives doesntit? if hes eurotrash, 2 foster slugs for intruders are very ok. if there is a third one, stab him with the barrels to the face like with a spear and then club him to death. it's a fine weapon.

Attached: A-Dapper-Gent-in-his-Shooting-Attire-600x900.jpg (600x900, 147K)

>viable
Yeah, it fires two shotgun shells. That ends most encounters involving shotguns. They're relatively short compared to extended magazine pumps. Contrary to popular belief you will not need to be kitted up like the Doom Guy to shoot Jamal in the chest if he's standing 15 feet away in your hallway. They're field shotguns so they don't become less useful in your front yard either.

>they look aesthetic and classy as fuck
You're a faggot, just letting you know if nobody has told you. "Classy as fuck" does not mean "cool" and people that say fuck every sentence are morons. That phrase is used to mock something.