Are shockwaves memes or actually worth owning?

are shockwaves memes or actually worth owning?

they are like $200 and i think it would be better for home defense in a tiny house than a handgun would

Attached: shock.jpg (745x421, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z7shQkL8FO4
luckygunner.com/lounge/the-mossberg-shockwave-is-mostly-useless/
realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/28/trump_disagrees_with_mike_pence_on_gun_confiscation_guns_first_due_process_second.html
youtube.com/watch?v=30E5P12DVEk
nypost.com/2018/11/30/trump-delivers-as-promised-on-bump-stocks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good for riding shotgun.

Meme yes
Worth owning no
Cannot shoulder weapon
Cannot aim
For $200 there are other weapons.

It's a cool gun. I'd buy it

I doubt it.

I'm thinking about picking one up soon. They look fun and easy enough to carry when goofing off in the woods

>HD
Nah
>blasting cans of shaving cream and 2Ls
Fucking fantastic.

>Cannot aim
If you can't aim a Shockwave, it's your fault, not the weapon's fault.
>i think it would be better for home defense in a tiny house
I keep a 20 gauge Shockwave as my bedside HD gun. It's more controllable in 20, but still hits with plenty of power. It's not a beginner's weapon, and it's not a "spray and pray" weapon. You have to take it to the range and git gud with it. But if you do, there's absolutely zero reason whatsoever that it can''t make a perfectly good home defense gun.

Attached: shortbwoy.jpg (3024x4032, 2M)

That's where you're wrong, bucko.

Attached: xl_100026637_4.jpg (1200x1200, 36K)

Related, I'm a poorfag and want a cheap pump shotgun. What's a good proper shotgun I can get for $150-200?

Maverick 88 for new, if you don't mind used, browse pawn shops. Old pump-action shotguns are dime a dozen.

Maverick 88

Will the sbm4 590 fit a 500 receiver?

Go to a pawn shop and pick anything that says Mossberg on it
>maverick 88
Eww no have some standards.

for anything besides easy mode SBS by simply adding a stock, no.

Maverick 88. It's a Mossberg 500/590 on the cheap. Only part that can't be interchanged is the trigger.

Fuck off Trump you're not getting your 3% GDP.

>ywn be this cool

Attached: peak performance.jpg (382x854, 40K)

>Only part that can't be interchanged is the trigger.
Don't think you can easily change the pump, either.

Thanks anons looks like I'm getting a Maverick 88

Fuck off. There’s literally nothing wrong with the Mav.

I mean, it's cheap, but it works. I'd definitely grab a 500 or 590 over it, but if it's the only one you can afford, it's very utilitarian.

Attached: 1537552352811.jpg (2518x1024, 1009K)

My maverick 88 still says mossberg on it
>boom, roasted

>Cannot aim
Doubt it.

Best aftermarket pistol grip to replace the shitty FLEX 500 grip?

Except all the machine marks out the ass
>tfw when you buy a new one you can have a party with metal shaving confetti
Pass, get a 500 or older 870.

>replacing the grip/stock on the shockwave
thats probably a felony

If you leave the bleak plastic and wuss strap on it you're a loser.

They're perfectly practical weapons but take a lot of practice to git gud with. Definitely would NOT recommend as a first 12ga though.

youtu.be/z7shQkL8FO4

Attached: 20181212_201816.jpg (4032x1960, 3.28M)

The US Marshals issued 870s with birdshead grips and 14" barrels loaded with #4buck to their Witness Protection teams in the 70s and 80s.

There's precedent for a weapon in this configuration being used by professionals for serious work no matter what InRange tells you.

Attached: us-marshals-shotgun-witness-protection-870.jpg (684x384, 266K)

Lupara were common weapons among Italian gangsters. Short pistol shotguns, usually SxS.

Attached: Lupara.jpg (1134x421, 825K)

if i could find one i would buy one, far better than carrying the full length 12 gauge I have.

While I take your point I contend that a government agency issuing this gun to actual professionals for actual gunfights is more significant that glorified thugs using chopped-off guns to shoot each other in the back.

Oh fuck that Rajneeshe mother fucker.
Should've washed is skull out with that buckshot

Criminal orgs have to be just as efficient to the ones calling themselves the law.

bump for interest

someone tell me what foregrip that is

>Cannot aim
Wanna know how I know you haven't shot one?

lol you can tell he's thinking about it.

Maverick 88, 500, and 590 parts are all interchangeable

Not quite. Mostly, but not quite

To answer his question, yes the brace will work with of them but the 590 has a different mag tube and barrel and those do NOT interchange.

Well, before you do, it's best to read some reviews about it. Most people don't look at it fondly, but oh well. It's mostly your personal choice. But this review might shed light on the disadvantages.

luckygunner.com/lounge/the-mossberg-shockwave-is-mostly-useless/

I want to buy one for the sole purpose of filing a form 1 to SBS it.

> "shockwave is useless" maymay
See

Tac-14 owner.

What's surprising is how easy it is to shoot and aim. I bought it as a toy but have changed my mind. It's a legitimate weapon. It's now my dedicated home defense weapon.

Attached: 20181107_233200.jpg (2758x2219, 3.63M)

>Cannot aim
I bet Aaron wishes that were true

There's better guns out there.

Attached: Kodiak SS.png (1035x421, 173K)

I have a maverick 88 and a shockwave. You don’t treat the maverick nicely to operate it. It is definitely not the smoothest gun to operate. The shockwave (or any 500/590) on the other hand, you can be as slow as you want and it will all work smooth.

underrated

Have any of these been actually used in a shootout, though? Could it have been issued for intimidation purposes?

>Cannot aim
didn't dumpster defender headshot a guy with one?

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't use a pistol calibre carbine for HD. High capacity, easier to operate under stress, small enough to use in a toght space but far easier to use accurately than a pistol, lower recoil for controlled followup shots, lowered risk of over penetration. Relatively cheap, throw a light and a functional optic on it. You're golden. The one of the main reasons LE moved away from PCC/SMG's is the the increased chance of encountering armour. Jamal isn't rocking level IV under his lakers jersey.
Is there any reason not to use a PCC? It's just >stopping power memes right? Genuinely interested to know what a 4+1 shotgun you can't shoulder or a handgun or AR offers that a PCC doesn't in this situation.

You can smooth up the Mav 88 with a needle file and about 10 minutes of time. You just need to radius the extractors, the ejector and the inner top surface of the shell elevator.

Hes still getting raped in prison.

I've yet to see a news article saying they were found guilty of anything.

Pigeonholed. Most likely because they're innocent.

I'd first browse through your local used market for old but well made pumps. If they're in good condition (i.e. have not been abused or stored in a damp environment), they will still have decades of useful service left in them. Try to get one that uses choke tubes, though I believe a gunsmith can modify a fixed choke barrel to use them.

Any legislation being passed in 2019 affecting the memewave?
Thinking about getting buying one for my birthday next year

Brownell's accidentally listed TAC14s for $189.99, so naturally I pounced on that shit for the memes.

One day I'll probably throw a brace on it. Took the Magpul forend off and put on my synthetic forend from another 870 on it, shit is aesthetic.

trump seems to be pretty fixated on bumpstocks. no one really seemed to care about the shockwave grip.

Ohio will legalize it

ya no

Attached: 1544212886605.jpg (750x367, 27K)

i hear people rag on Remington, is your tac14 of good quality?

>worth owning
I doubt it. *sip*

That doesn't prove shit.

The original Wilson AOWs that were issued to the US Marshalls were sigificantly shorter than a shockwave. They are actually practical to conceal under a coat. The memewave is not.

The problem with the memewave is that it is still bound by the silly overall length requirement. Get a real AOW and it's actually concealable.

>glorified thugs using chopped-off guns to shoot each other in the back.

Attached: 14850193798_ef8e819363_b.jpg (1024x717, 355K)

If you really have to stash it in a small place; behind a truck seat, in a cabinet, under a counter, then maybe. If storage isn't an issue you want a stock.

Attached: puss.jpg (488x236, 16K)

They were issued specifically to be high-powered and concealable, actually.

And are you implying that 0 US Marshals Service WitPro units got into firefights in roughly two decades? At the height of RICO anti-mob federal activity where most people in WitPro were Mafia snitches with active hits out on them?

>Significantly shorter
The Wilson WitPro 870s were roughly 1" shorter AOL than a Shockwave or Tac14.

Attached: Screenshot_20181216-094404_Firefox Focus.jpg (1440x2960, 748K)

>trump seems to be pretty fixated on bumpstocks.
and red flag confiscation laws, and raising the age to buy a firearm to 21, Im sure he will come after triggers and AR pistols next, Obama made me buy lots of ammo but Trump has made me buy a jig, a few binarys and braces to go with

Attached: Takethegunsfirst.jpg (409x366, 30K)

>The original Wilson AOWs that were issued to the US Marshalls were sigificantly shorter than a shockwave. They are actually practical to conceal under a coat. The memewave is not.

That's nonsense. Also, if you do conceal your Memewave, you just manufactured an AOW.

>At the height of RICO anti-mob federal activity where most people in WitPro were Mafia snitches with active hits out on them?
Mob hit men were just suburban Fudds with 1911s, man.

>Mob hit men were just suburban Fudds with 1911s, man.
Not just the American mob, chief.

The WP870s time as the US Marshals gun of choice also covers the height of South American drug war extradition, and the gangbangers they used as trigger men were significantly more dangerous to law enforcement than people like Richard Kuklinski.

To argue that the guns never got used in two decades, especially when those two decades were such a prominent time for the USMS Witness Protection Units, doesn't have much bearing on reality.
Moreover, you or I as civilian end-users are MUCH more likely to need to use a Shockwave against a suburban Fudd with a 1911 or a gangbanger with a HiPoint or Taurus .38 than ANY other threat, so even then the point still tracks.

I paid $300 for mine. Its what I would expect for $300. I wouldn't expect better or worse.

With number 4 or 5 it shoots wonderfully and patterns just how I want it to.

>and red flag confiscation laws, and raising the age to buy a firearm to 21, Im sure he will come after triggers and AR pistols next, Obama made me buy lots of ammo but Trump has made me buy a jig, a few binarys and braces to go with
.02 has been deposited into your account by the Soros Group.

Firstly. 2 inches..... do we shit on 16 inch ARs because they truly are not 14.5?

Also do your own homework and do it at your own risk, but there are companies that offer kits that bring the Tac 14 (cant speak for mossberg) down to 10 inches while using a pistol grip and folding brace. The ATF letter states since it's still a gray area gun the barrel length and grip have nothing to do with classification. Only the overall length which the folding stock extended meets, therefore the barrel can he shorter.

Don't, they are such shit. I'm not sure I've ever held a gun that felt as low quality as a mav 88.

>I'm not sure I've ever held a gun
FTFY

my nigra

Picked up a Tac-14 with wood furniture a little while back. 10/10 would buy again

>I bought it as a toy but have changed my mind. It's a legitimate weapon.
Same. The people acting like it's a feat to shoot have never shot one.

Attached: You might not like it but. ...jpg (4032x2268, 3.37M)

fight me faggot

Trump On Gun Confiscation

President Trump appeared to disagree with Vice President Mike Pence on the issue of due process before confiscating guns from people found to be mentally unfit. The vice president said that they would have to "allow due process, so that no one's rights are trampled," but in the case of a gun violence restraining order government needs "the ability to go to court, obtain an order, and then collect not only the firearms, but any weapons in the possession of that individual."

Trump interrupted: "Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court. Because that's another system. Because a lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures -- I like taking the guns early."
realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/28/trump_disagrees_with_mike_pence_on_gun_confiscation_guns_first_due_process_second.html

Take the firearms first due process second
youtube.com/watch?v=30E5P12DVEk

Trump delivers as promised on bump stocks
nypost.com/2018/11/30/trump-delivers-as-promised-on-bump-stocks/

Attached: 1544894649869.jpg (1280x1280, 302K)

>Firstly. 2 inches
The Wilson WP870 AOWs list their OAL as 25". I've never measured one but that's what they list them at.
Mossberg lists the Shockwave as 26.5" but mine measures closer to 26.3".
In my book an inch and a third can be pretty accurately described as "roughly 1"" which is literally what I said.

He's too ugly to be raped.

Boy he sure into quite the bastard ever since 2016. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Mine feels fine and shoots fine.

Attached: rainbowfrog.gif (129x111, 53K)

>shoots fine
No doubt
>feels fine
I've held things with a made in Pakistan tag that have felt better than the 88. Hell, even the leltec sub2k doesn't feel as shitty.

>The son of a New York real-estate mogul who grew up literally shitting in a gold toilet and was on the record as anti-gun turns out to be anti-gun
WHODA THUNKIT
HE HAS A (R) BY HIS NAME THO

Obama was better for our gun rights than Trump.

Dat Marinecote

Trips of truth

Yeah, he says all kinds of crazy shit in his press conferences. Anyone who takes them literally is a hyperautist, and anyone who hasn't caught on to that by now is a shill or a retard.

To be fair, Willis was trying to murder a police officer at the time. Thank a cop for his service, thin blue line, etc.

Attached: TBL.jpg (1280x997, 418K)

Damn that’s what poverty looks like. 1800 dollar MacBook and milk crates for forniture.

>not wanting an adorable little 410 shockwave to cuddle at night

Attached: 8499331_02_mossberg_590_shockwave_410_pum_640.jpg (640x480, 51K)

V3 tac13 with brace = pew pew pew

Only reason why I even slightly preferred him is because Clinton is just that bad, and probably would have started WW3 or some other crazy shit by now. But I’ll be damned before I go out sucking Trumps dick just to piss off some pink haired fatasses that don’t even know I exist.

It's been two months. Expect the whole thing to take a year. They aren't very sympathetic characters, there is video removing doubt that they're actions might be justified, and their victim was white. They won't be allowed to plead out, so there will be a trial. But it will be a year.

>criminals are efficient

Attached: flat,750x1000,075,t.u1.jpg (750x1000, 35K)

You won't hit shit with it unless your attacker is five feet away from you, they're pretty good if your gonna breach buy shooting door hinges off though. Over all just get the same gun but with a stock for half the price.

Attached: Koksal Baba shotgun.jpg (604x604, 98K)

How is the felt recail on the birdshead grip? I tried the pistol grip my 500 came with, and I hated it. It kept trying to remove my thumb from my hand.

t. Nogunz
Pump actions don't need to lock up tight, they are a very crude type of gun.

Wait where the fuck are they for $200? I checked my gun store for one and it was $359.

>Criminal orgs
They do alright moving literal tonnes of product all over the world, illiterate brainlet

Except they don't?