Non-gun self defence weapon

I was wandering if you guy have advise on good (easy to carry, quick to make ready, scarry for an attacker) self defence weapon.

I am living in a country with high gun control. So I can't use one but I am also very unlikely to encounter one in the hands of an attacker. Knifes are much more common if it comes to armed assault or robbery.

At the moment I have a high power flashlight. If I shine that in someone's eye they are blind for 5-10 sec and vision I pared for about 1 minute. That's nice and good enough to escape most situations.

Still I would like to have something, that works in case "bright light in face" isn't enough.

Attached: IMG-20181016-WA0001.jpg (1052x507, 39K)

The answer is cane.
A wooden cane [or like the cold steel polymer ones]
Also have a high lumen flashlight, and you'll do well against anything that isnt gun.

Anything we'd recommend would also be illegal in your country.

Pocket sand

A katana

First check the legal options available, batons (unlikely), pepper spray etc, if nothing suits you then start looking at sports equipment or tools that would be reasonable for someone to carry on their person that also happen to be good at beating up someone.

Pretty sure if I get stabbed by this arrow, I will gain a stand.

Oh fuck off! That's not easy to carry at all. And if you advise sword there are much better options for self defence.

Thanks user. Batons are illeagel, but I look friendly enough to get never searched by the police. Still the reach concerns me. If I cen hit somebody with a baton they are much to close for comfort.

Peper spray is allowed to fend off "animals".

What sports equipment can you recommend?

Baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire

Taserâ„¢, pepper spray, MACE, cane, some countries allow you to carry pepper ball guns or tear gas guns with no permit. Or just buy an illegal gun. Remember, the most important part of self defense it being aware of your surroundings, not necessarily what weapon you're carrying. If you see something wrong and can get out, you might not need to use your weapon at all, or better yet, could avoid getting into the situation in the first place.

a staff or cane is probably the most useful but you might get odd looks in a 21st century city

my answer is either a consolable police baton, or nunchuks tucked into your coat
a knife is good if you know how to fight with one but otherwise you'd be better off with something else since often people get stabbed by their own knives

True user, avoid trouble instead of fighting is allways to preferable. But every one (I guess) has a day with to much on their mind and just gets supprised.

invest in some 'chuks and bright yellow-black ninja clothes

Attached: sportive.jpg (368x280, 21K)

Pepper spray.

Most local laws ban concealed nun chucks in the US. I doubt his shithole country is any better.
Some countries banned them outright, I think the Brits did not too long ago.
The answer is cane though, just a simple wooden cane, get a nice wood or something to make it look more like a fashion statement than you being a criminal. Not to fancy on the head though, every cop will want to inspect it for a cane sword.

Cripple* not criminal

*Ahem* I mean If the Native Americans can do it why the fuck can't we, right?

Attached: 636811967_orig.jpg (701x348, 95K)

>implying OP is american

I have no clue how effective it is, but I bought a flashlight with (real) 400 lumens, stroboscopic function and a solid metal construction with a serrated end. The idea is to keep it on strobe mode and blind an attacker to either run away or to beat him over the head with the serrated end.

It's small and easy to carry, literally can't be taken away from you by security or police and in my case I only need it at night or in dark venues, so the 400 lumens should be enough to blind someone (in my room in the evening with streetlights outside and monitors/TV illuminating the room I got blinded for a second just by the white wall reflecting the flashlight).

This DESU

Attached: watch the world burn.gif (320x240, 603K)

I read thay as hymen fleshlight. Tf is wrong with me?

/thread

>much better options
like what?

Attached: 1534752720031.webm (960x540, 1.53M)

literally as easy as stick in your belt and tie off. any sword is going to be very visible and will make you a target by an equal amount.