Tfw guns aren't allowed in my apartment

>tfw guns aren't allowed in my apartment

Is there any way around this other than moving?

Attached: 1544436581883.png (451x459, 557K)

Just keep them in your apartment, pussy. How the fuck are they gonna know you have guns in there.
And if you have to kill an intruder, so be it. Would you rather be dead or have to move?

How would an apt realistically enforce it? They are supposed to give notice before they perform inspections so you can always hide/lock them up. I'd say ignore it, or move. No way I'd let some fucking apartment management disallow me from keeping a gun with me.

imagining being such a cuck an apartment complex negates you constitutional rights

I'd move but I'm a poorfag in Chicago.

You mean your parents said no guns in their house, don't you?

It's pretty easy to hide a handgun. When they give notice of an apartment inspection just hide it in your car or something.

Please post exact lingo from your cucked lease.

It may not be enforceable anyway. Huehuehue.

If OP is in chicongo then he can't even own a handgun lmao.

> living in niggago

Attached: 1344115463376.gif (285x212, 1.23M)

Depending on state and local laws, that may not be enforceable.

If it is, then just listen to what everyone else is saying. Hide it in your apartment and move it when they give notice that they're coming in for whatever reason (as is legally required).

When they inevitably barge in unannounced for whatever reason (which will happen at some point usually for a maintenance thing), if they find it and kick you out, you've at the very least got legal ground to go after them for entering your apartment without giving the required notice. It's something I've yet to see an apartment complex not fuck up on and can be used to fuck them a bit if you get fucked by them.

The nigger next door and down the road is gonna keep his guns. Are you?

>When they inevitably barge in unannounced for whatever reason
Good notetaking during the inspection, a bit of detective work about the property, external and internal security cameras (not those cheap ones that can be broken or erased by any idiot with a grudge, proper ones, make them yourself if you have to), a running tally of everything they've fucked up with their responses IN WRITING, secretly changed locks (keep the front door normal, back door has a new deadbolt), footage of them breaking in and going through your shit, and in the end if nothing else works footage of the apartment owner's son soliciting a 14 year old girl.

You will be fucking untouchable. You could have orgies in that place, not even bother to wash out the cum stains, and get your rent lowered.

I wasn't even specifically talking about inspections. Every apartment I've ever been in (save one where my landlord was also a roommate) would always have maintenance personnel coming in unannounced. With my current job being weird day/night shifts, I've specifically told my landlord that we'll be turning away anyone who doesn't have a multiple-days' notice and approval from us, and yet I've still come home to stuff in my bedroom moved around (and the broken outlet still broken) because maintenance showed up and did their thing without ever notifying us.

The important thing is to make sure you have a paper trail for everything. Don't necessarily threaten with legal action or let your landlord know you understand the laws in what could be construed as an adversarial manner. But absolutely make sure all your correspondence with them is recorded in some way (email tends to be the most convenient), and understand all the laws relating to tenancy. Especially in a place like Chicago, tenancy and squatters' rights laws are likely going to be fairly good in your favor, so be sure to take a look at them.

Your landlord/facilities manager/community association is not your friend. Their goal is to make as much money off of the apartment with as little money into it as possible. Be proactive in making sure you've got an airtight case in your favor in case they decide to fuck you at any point, and you'll find they'll be pretty forgiving once they realize you've got grounds to take them to court.

>you'll find they'll be pretty forgiving once they realize you've got grounds to take them to court.
You'll also find they've decided to not renew the lease when it expires because they need to "remodel" the unit, which is 100% legal and nothing you can do about it.

That's why I said not to be belligerent unless you have to. Keep track of the laws to retaliate accordingly when the landlord/community association decide to fuck you, and otherwise keep cordial relations. A lot of it depends on the local market, laws, and how belligerent the people involved want to be. Landlords generally aren't going to want to put much effort into fighting - they just want their money, so it's often a fine line of threatening to make sure they hold up their end of the deal/applicable laws while not making yourself so much of a pain that they feel it's a better option to just get a new tenant.

And while it's entirely an option for them to not renew your lease because of "remodeling," that's still money they're losing. Unless they're legitimately remodeling, in a liberal city like Chicago you'd probably have a case based around squatters/tenants' rights laws with regards to retaliation. They might be able to get around that by actually remodeling the apartment, but then that's a bunch of money they're losing - not just on the remodel itself, but on all the rent they're not getting while the apartment's off the market. Depending on the time of year and local market, even if it's straight-up retaliation - you're not getting your lease renewed - that's still potentially months of them not getting income from the apartment while still having to pay associated taxes, utilities and community association fees. It's best in places like college towns where a lease ending irregularly can leave an apartment unoccupied until the annual summer move-in.

And whatever the case, shitty policies like this should be a clear red flag to get you to move. Even if that clause is flat out illegal and unenforceable per state law, the fact that the landlord has it in there in the first case means that they have no regards for the laws governing how they do business, let alone what your actual rights are. Where else are they violating the law?

You'd be a lot less poor if you moved out of the shitcago area

Jesus fuck user thank you. Are you a Hebrew lawyer? Besides the gun thing my landlord has been a scummy fuckhead.

We all know how notoriously kiked landlords are, but just keep a pistol in your room hidden. People are able to smuggle heroin into prison, im pretty sure you can figure out a way to keep a pistol in your apartment. Also keep in mind those rules only exists to keep niggers from bringing their street gats into the building, it’s not meant to effect whites.

Attached: 8206E835-05A9-4872-9B28-DBC93CFDA9B0.jpg (481x506, 173K)

I moved around a lot when I was in my early 20's. Talking about a different apartment every year or so. From my experience, I've learned that living in poor areas, makes you poor in return. While living in richer areas makes you wealthier in return. What I mean is, that if you remain in poor areas, people will break into your car, into your apartment which costs you money, but also that you can only get poor as fuck jobs that won't pay anything, since that's all there will be in those areas. The reverse of that which is living in wealthier areas, means you won't have to worry about break ins, and you will have more opportunities to apply for higher paying jobs, since those will be nearby and the likely hood of befriending someone that can hook you up is exponentially higher.

Poor people live with other poor people and do poor people things. If you want to break out of that cycle, start living in a better area. All of this assuming you aren't a nigger by the way. They don't think it be like it is, but it do. I'm living proof.

SHALL

Nah I don't have a legal background, but living with a landlord, having a roommate get arrested, and having a brother who's both vehemently anti-landlord and used to live in Boulder, which is notorious for shitty housing arrangements, has given me a lot of exposure to tenant rights.

Before you do anything, check your state and local laws and consult a lawyer if it's within your means. I'm not familiar with Chicago's laws, but generally tenant's rights laws give people more leeway than they'd expect, and squatter's rights laws tend to be forgiving to the point of absurdity towards tenants. The big point is that, while at a glance it seems to make sense that a landlord should be able to dictate how their property is used, the economic reality of renting (especially in a city) means caveats are usually put in place to make it so landlords can't do things like limit your rights or evict you over dumb things. Even in fairly conservative Southwest VA it's surprisingly hard to evict someone.

In general landlords are pretty shitty. They're usually just scalpers for a basic human necessity. In my experience, there's usually a ton of unenforceable and flat-out illegal stuff on leases (same with most software EULAs) that they're just betting on you not knowing any better to fight. I'd recommend looking up the laws to see if it's worth pursuing while you look for another place to live. If it's worth pursuing anything, line up a new place to live and get a lawyer to go after them for various violations of tenancy laws. If neighbors are also dealing with the same shitty landlord, talk to them to see if you can get multiple people going after them. You all agreed to pay them for the right to live there while they agreed to upkeep the property to certain standards. If they're not holding up their end of the bargain - either per lease or law - then you absolutely have grounds for legal action.

stop being a good goy that (((rents)))

Actually renting is a huge redpill in some parts of the world, Owning is better in others.

Here is how to put it simply that works:

First:
Owning let's you keep what you're buying and let's be honest is more advantageous for a Jow Forums lifestyle and sheeeet but that house is still far worse of an investment than most people delusionally believe for example:
>Get 30 year mortgage
>250,000usd house
>Wind up paying an extra 80,000 dollars in interest plus fun additions to the place, repairs as well, you spend like 400,000 dollars on the house that you hope will not still be worth 250,000 in 30 years
>Most people break even here after many many years

Renting IF AND ONLY IF renting is LESS expensive than alternative house ownership payments, let's you save *say* 800 dollars a month that the owner next door is paying more than you. You get to live for way less than he does and that 800 dollars a month WHEN ONLY invested (instead of spent on fun stuff and consumeables like stupid fucking cars) can and will grow and compound so much more for you if monthly put into an actual investment like an index fund, after 30 years that's a few million dollars conservativly, just go Google "how much would I have if I had invest 800 dollars a month since 1988?"

THAT is what the home owner loses thx to his """""""investment""""""'

However in most of my state, owning is cheaper so I get the best of both worlds, go Google where it's cheaper to buy than rent it something to see where it is in your area.

Attached: 11-51-38-1544496246416.jpg (640x597, 37K)

Buy a lockable box. Put gun in box and lock it. It is illegal for the landlord to force you to open that box, or for them to force it open while you are out. Then do your best not to let anyone see it during transport. Remember they have no right to search lockable containers you personally own.

Also, fuckin' move.

Apartment manager here. We can have an apartment completely gutted and remodeled in a week for $3000 or less, even in the case of structural damage from fires or flooding (which are common in apartments). Because it's a high volume business our contractors work cheap and fast but do shoddy work that only lasts a few years, which is fine because Marty McCrackhead will burn out the kitchen cooking up rocks in under that or Pam Promiscuity's 3 under-10 unsupervised kids will flood the tub and btfo all the drywall and flooring in 6 months.

Even should the landlord be forced to do a remodel to get rid of an undesirable tenant they're only losing out on a very negligible amount of money.

>We can have an apartment completely gutted and remodeled in a week for $3000 or less
how big are these apartments? Unless they're really shitty apartments or the hardware stores I'm used to in Southwest VA are wildly expensive I'd be surprised if materials alone would be under 3000 for completely redoing drywall, electric, and plumbing in an apartment. You just have the work done by maintenance guys already on staff?

>Marty McCrackhead
Oh so the ghetto. That makes more sense - demand and turnover is probably pretty high. Where I am now in the DC area in a reasonably good apartment seems to have pretty long lead times for getting apartments filled unless they're in the ghetto.

As a land lord the fact that I don't have a right to kick out people that give the property a nasty smell with their cooking or roasties with 5 kids on government assistance, but I can kick out Jow Forumsommandos for having guns makes me sick.

I think you're assuming that the rent is drastically cheaper. Meanwhile that 250k house is 250k in assets he owns by paying on the house, in reality he's spending that 150k you suppose when you said 400k. His house and assets will appreciate. Renting is only viable when you somehow justify or have ludicrously cheap rent which really doesn't exist anywhere in the US anymore.

It all depends on whats in the Lease

If its in the lease, then the landlord can kick you out, if its not, he can't just evict you.