Insurgency Sandstorm

I know this is really a /v/ topic but I wanted to bring it to Jow Forumss attention because this game has fantastic gun models and insanely real gun play. its probably one of the best games/sims if youre into real guns... If you have a computer thats not shit, its definitely worth a look.

Attached: 35846138436348173871.jpg (1107x692, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=325
pcpartpicker.com/list/jBzhJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

your game must really be selling like shit to try this

Can you shill literally anywhere else fag?

>insanely real gun play
>hitscan weapons

Attached: 1384727336290.gif (240x228, 858K)

I remain skeptical because the first game was literally "your team spawns at one end of a hallway with a couple bends in it, the other team spawns at the far end, and you meet in the middle to shoot and grenade each other over and over"

Does this one at least have maps that aren't, you know, one giant hallway?

It's not bad but not a massive improvement. Squad is a better game

Drewski, are you shitposting again?

Attached: sci_Hedgehog_ready_for_the_Oscar_cream.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

>If you have a computer thats not shit
You mean if you have a computer which would cost at least $600 right now you can run this game at 60fps+

I like it, sound design is GOAT

>Every bullet is a tracer
>Can self heal and live indefinitely without need for medic
>shit playerbase
>CP's are purposely small and close, negating the need for any sort of teamplay and quick respawn/back in action capability
>No commander
>takes five+ bullets to kill with rifles
>Addiction to build superfobs even when there is no value to one
>Addiction to attack superfobs even though it is completely out of the way and is no use to winning the game
>better game

Do you even SAK NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM?

Attached: Playing Project Reality.webm (1920x1080, 824K)

The game has some serious optimization issues and some visual glitches, but the gameplay is actually solid. I would recommend buying it if you can stand some shitty graphics and some visual glitches here and there, if not, wait a year or something till is polished.

>hitscan weapons
They used Unreal Engine is this game and bullet physics are a thing

>Does this one at least have maps that aren't, you know, one giant hallway?

They are wide as fuck now

You have to Darude Sandstorm first.

>every bullet is a tracer
lol wat
>can self heal indefinitely without need for a medic
no. also the current heal system is kind of gay.
>quick respawn
yeah spawning is too quick
>takes 5 bullets to kill people
yeah TTK / hit reg is fucking trash
>addiction to superfobs
you obviously don't play on aussie servers then

>takes five+ bullets to kill with rifles
Usually it takes one bullet to drop someone, which is just as unrealistic depending on where you hit.

First game has been on sale for like a dollar multiple times, I believe it was even free to keep for a while. And it runs on Source, so a decent graphing calculator can run it. So the community has a lot of poorfags and kids with shit computers.

So I guess people are comparing this game's optimization to the previous one, and are shocked their slav-tier dinosaur PC can't handle it.

I thought the creator said they use hit scans up until a certain distance?

I'm having fun with it.
I had two whole servers back to back threaten to report me to steam for killing them with flechette rounds. that was comical as fuck.

My only problem is I hate talking to people or working as a team player. That's why I play games in the first place, to escape what I have already accomplished earlier in the day and to tune the world out. I would honestly love to play it and was exited to hear there might be a single player campaign only to find out it is again, multiplayer

>You're wrong about tracers, SLs and ARs have tracers, everything else is regular ball
>In what way can you self heal without needing a medic? Bandage yourself two times before you inevitably bleed out?
>CPs are close because helis aren't in yet, and many of the later maps are too big to walk as infantry and just fine for vics, also to sorta limit map size till they optimize
>They're working on commander, see joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=325
>Bloodcloud =/= hit, that's a sync issue or some shit, it happens a lot in UE (Red Orchestra/Rising Storm), i even notice it when getting shot at
>I have nothing to say about SuperFOBs
>See above
>Better game indeed

PR might have had more content, because it was developed over a longer timeframe, but it was clunky, the shooting was fucking horrible, flightmodels were ass and they could only get so many factions done because the level of detail in PR is a whole bunch lower than any modern game.

Squad has
>functioning red dots that are not just painted on your rifle
>VOIP that can't fucking crash on you mid-game
>Physmat Dependent Vehicle Rolling Resistance (gives you varying traction on different surfaces)
>Looks pretty
>Is getting closer and closer to the thing PR could have been without all the jank
>Fallujah soon(?)

I'm not shitting on PR for shitting's sake, i've had a love/hate relationship with it and squad fixes the major gripes, carries it to a friendlier engine and keeps casual realism alive

My I5 4690k at 4.6GHz is like.. over 90% usage rate all the time when actively playing this game, that's just a lot to ask for. Don't pretend a PC that would cost as much or less than a PS4 Pro could run this game at over 60fps at all times since it hammers the CPU and RAM a lot

Besides
*700$ PC pcpartpicker.com/list/jBzhJ8

>ps4 pro
Costs like $350 now right? That's nothing, no doubt a trash PC can't run it. That's what I said. Shit, my graphics card costs more than a PS4 pro
>My I5 4690k at 4.6GHz is like.. over 90% usage rate all the time when actively playing this game
Weird, even on the biggest maps with maxed everything my CPU spikes to 75%. Which works.

Also
>AMD build
no don't do it

I mean you could buy an used Xeon and an used 3.5GB VRAM GPU if you wanted to, but for people who want to get the most out of their money will inevitably buy AMD, even on the high end segment

I see there’s a lot of Jow Forumsroids on, is Linux worth it? Especially if all i do is play vidya and shitpost?

Linux is really really really good for shitposting yeah

>all I do is play vidya
Hard no. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Those people who tell you the gaming is getting better all the time are not your friends. They're not wrong, it's just that linux gaming is so godawful it's impossible for it not to be getting better. Eating horse shit is better than dogshit but you're still eating shit. I love the idea of Linux. If you're really curious, just dual boot with ubuntu.
>inb4 >ubuntu
It's the best starting point for beginners. You'll see quickly that linux gaming is garbage, and most everything else is assbackwards to everything you know about using a PC. It'll be ok for shitposting.

You really don't need a Xeon or even an i7 for gaming. Even i3's are quadcore now.
>3.5gb vram
what do you even mean by this. Even poorfag GPUs are 6gb and up. Christ, your priorities are just wrong. Get a 1080 and whatever CPU is on sale.
>most out of their money will inevitably buy AMD, even on the high end segment
On paper, sure. In reality, due to occult hebrew optimization magic, Nvidia/intel almost always runs better.

What’s something I could us Linux for? I’m mostly in it for the challenge of building another PC and using Linux as the OS

Its trash.

Only the pistols have hitscan

Depends on how much you want to hate your life.

Good uses of Linux are running servers, and confusing normies who attempt to do anything with your computer. Bad uses of linux would be pretty much anything else. You can learn to do almost anything with Linux. You can more easily learn to do it on windows and actually have a valuable skill as a result.

>use linux for?
Downloading CP via TOR, playing minecraft, and trying to figure out wtf is up with RMS.

I took a Comp C+ class when I was in the muhreens and began to fuck with computers and teach myself shit about the windows OS (even though I still use Windows 7) because windows 10+ fucks with my games and I don’t feel like fucking having to figure out workarounds for my favorite, older games. Linux seems like something new and unknown which is why I want to try to make a build for it

I mean, you can, but seriously just dual boot.

I've noticed it takes usually 2-3 body shots to kill someone with 5.56
2 with any other intermediate round

Push is the best gamemode but people are too retarded to take radioman's so good luck trying to win if enemy does have commander.

Attached: 20180908125632_1.jpg (2560x1440, 984K)

You are a fucking retard.
The Devs said that all weapons are hitscan based in """CQB""", far as I know they have not stated what the ingame distance is for them to become projectile based (that is if they didn't just go entirely with hitscan during their 5 month delay)

Stop shilling your shitty game here

Attached: ripinhell.jpg (585x1024, 89K)

>how do we differentiate light from heavy armor?
>IDK have the model have dickflap and huge as fuck rucksack or something

Fucking stupid.

>>Every bullet is a tracer
False
>>Can self heal and live indefinitely without need for medic
False
>>shit playerbase
Jow Forums is a shit playerbase
>>CP's are purposely small and close, negating the need for any sort of teamplay and quick respawn/back in action capability
False
>>No commander
False
>>takes five+ bullets to kill with rifles
False
>>Addiction to build superfobs even when there is no value to one
False
>>Addiction to attack superfobs even though it is completely out of the way and is no use to winning the game
False

In other words, log more than 40 hours then talk shit fuccboi

>fantastic gun models
Do they still take 20 odd seconds to load up when you spawn?

the ruck is for the larger carrier.

Only in the first spawn before round starts.

This scope mount is retarded

Attached: 20180901223924_1.jpg (2560x1440, 965K)

INTIMIDATE

What’s the upgrades from the last one?

>NO U
>NO U
>NO U
>NO U
>NO U
>NO U

Your game looks like ass shill
>duude glare lmaooo

Escape from Tarkov much better

No, he's right. As a player, it's pretty much as close as you can get to realistic combat gameplay without going full Arma-LARP mode.

I'm not a huge fan of the COD-style fire support feature, though, which is starting to create a perverse incentive by commanders to avoid direct action so they can rack up the kills by keeping everyone off the X, protecting themselves and their observers, and just spamming gun runs and bombardments.

user look, it typically works like this: the bullet object does a "hitscan" calculation with a max distance of [speed]. if nothing is hit, it moves [speed] forward and does the same thing again next time the game world updates. This means that if you're close enough, you'll hit on the same gametick that you fire i.e hitscan

If you like bugs, even worse optimization, hackers, and p2w bullshit.

Tarkov has a lot going for it, but goddamn does it have a lot of flaws too.

>playing games with netcode authored in russia

Attached: 1526898225472.gif (252x188, 873K)

>expecting anything different from russians

Attached: go home gaijin.gif (400x225, 2.24M)

>And it runs on Source, so a decent graphing calculator can run it.

lmao not anymore. They did something in an update to the graphics/lighting and it forever fucked the game's performance on lower-end PCs. I had to stop playing it until I bought a new computer for something else the lag was so bad.

>hitscan

Dropped

I unironically won't buy it because women are in it.

based and redpilled

Are you me?
I've been replaying the witcher series and crusader kings for the past couple of years.

WW3 could've been good but that botched release was so pathetic that they've been on weak legs since

Refusing to add server browser until full release killed it

>As a player, it's pretty much as close as you can get to realistic combat gameplay without going full Arma-LARP mode
What the fuck does that even mean?

these graphics are getting too real

Attached: angry joe taking fire.jpg (645x367, 68K)

Yes, If game calculates the shot would take over 1 second to hit the target it changes from hitscan to projectile and requires leading.

Well I guess you could compare it to how a good racing game has cars that feel good to drive. I myself find Tarkov better in the shooting aspect but sandstorm atleast doesn't have a community that thinks they're somehow qualified military personnel just because they played a game.