Tell me, Jow Forums who do you admire more...

Tell me, Jow Forums who do you admire more? A soldier who follows illegal orders without hesitation or a soldier who disobeys an order due to its illegal nature?

Attached: Hugh_Tompson_Jr.jpg (546x792, 633K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_Wenck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia_affair
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How vague can you make this retard?

/thread
Pack it in boys it was over before it even started.

The former, a soldier's primary duty is to follow orders without question, disobeying an order for any reason should be court-martialed and executed for either mutiny or rreason

Fuck that I'm not surrendering because my bitch ass officer doesn't want to die

You only have to follow lawful orders. They make this very clear.

This.

Nonserves should really not try to talk about things they have no idea about...

you'd have to rephrase that question.

This. Uphold the Constitution and obey the orders of the President and officers appointed over you, IN THAT ORDER.

Those who break the rules are scum. Those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.

And those who intentionally issue unlawful orders are the biggest scum of all

Found the neverserved. Unquestioning obedience to orders is what robots do. Military members in every developed Western nation are required to disobey illegal orders.

LOAC and the UCMJ say no

Getting raped by the hague because your commanding officer wanted some kids to be killed

fuck i forgot the >
im rarted

Hugh Thompson was a fucking hero and I will let none of you retards change my opinion on it.

A soldier who illegally follows orders, unironically

>T. Queer

Illegal where? By international law? Because your stupid country only follows that when it is convenient. Ala, Iraq invasion. So why would soliders follow international law either - as seen by rape and murder of muslim women.

Or domestic law, like your constitution, because a gain, with the patriot act and every terrorism and intelligence related legislation and executive order passed since then it has pretty much turned most of it into tp.

Wrong. Your tippy top CO is the president/prime minister of your country and sometimes the queen. A Lieutenant or Sargeant does not outrank the tippy top CO

I suppose I should elaborate on this. If your country's leader has vowed to follow certain ROE then you have been ordered to follow that ROE as well. If your immediate CO orders you to break it, then they have broken orders.

Depends on the enemy.

Obviously the latter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_Wenck

Attached: walther wenck.jpg (217x300, 20K)

i like commiting war crimes and if i do it under the orders of someone else itll give me an excuse

He was.

god youre an edgy faggot arent ya

probably, i just dont like disappointing people

THIS
THIS ain't Vietnam/Algeria/Ireland anymore and big military empires such as US, Commonwealth, Nato (Fr UK ) are reluctent to any PR/diplomatic issue...
IDF is different bunch bc lol colonial kebap edition.... And Russia well is Russia...

Yeah no...
For example French and UN in africa had been accused of letting rape happens inside their forces
... because low staff officiers from UN and centrafrican military peace keepers couldn't restrain themselves from "Joy divison" Kenya and Mali farm women...

Bad PR then court martial/international trials for erry officer suspected of letting shit like this go...

So if your poxer fantasy is anything more brutal than raping uderfed subsaharian ppl with AIDS you're shit out of luck under wester military command.
Even Russia has PR involvement in Syria nao

I mean bad PR wiped out all of Canada's Airborne troops in Somalia, so being an edgelord about "muh orders" won't save you

>Dickheads you have to put up with
>friends

Attached: tumblr_mliuj2jreb1qdcdizo4_1280.jpg (622x453, 158K)

fair point tho, forgot this one

as much as andwants to believe it's easier to justify a whole block being collateraled by air support over cases of rape...

>Obviously the latter
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_Wenck
>n February 14, 1945, an extremely tired Wenck took the driving wheel from his driver Dorn who had collapsed. Wenck then fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car off the road. Saved by Dorn, he ended up in the hospital with a fractured skull and five broken ribs.
>On 1 May 1982, Wenck died while on a trip to Austria, when his car crashed against a tree. He was buried in his hometown of Bad Rothenfelde in Lower Saxony a few days later.

either karma is a bitch or alter Mann chose the best pine to end it up...

>Thompson was condemned and ostracized by many individuals in the United States military and government, as well as the public, for his role in the investigations and trials concerning the My Lai massacre.
> as well as the public

What the fuck is with the public? "Stop killing babies! But wait, no actually follow baby killing orders!" Fucking pick one

Attached: 1536121432345.png (629x1173, 131K)

Details got hazy on My Lai so they thought he was actively involved in the event, plus he was technically the "whistle blower" on the event and whistleblowers always get shit from the public.

That's because Canada is full of faggots in general.

US Airborne did way worse shit during WWII (standing orders to kill POWs on D-Day for instance) and got nothing but praise for it.

god you're an edgy faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia_affair

Plus the winners tend to dictate the rules, no one gives a shit about Yankee doodle orders in WWII since they won.

There’s nothing wrong with killing POWs as long as they are German.

>tfw met Hugh Thompson irl over 20 years ago while I was in the Army

Even got to shake his hand, feelsgoodman.

Attached: Hugh Thompson.jpg (2000x1331, 568K)

Stealing this image, bro X'D

There's a difference between killing prisoners because you don't have any infrastructure or logistical support units anywhere nearby to deal with them and massacring civilians because 'lol who's gonna stop us'.

when you join the military you take an oath to only follow lawful orders and to defend the nation from all enemies foreign and --demestic--

that being said most of the situations ive seen where a soldier disobey an order, the soldier was just being a whiny bitch

Attached: 1544690308007m.jpg (1024x768, 21K)

Depends on the order, if it's killing civilians then yeah, don't follow it. If it's some random bullshit about ROE against armed combatants then who cares?

All the edgelords saying "hurr disobey orders" would not be saying the same thing if the gun was pointed at them. I'd rather they disobeyed illegal orders than shall we say, opened fire on civilians.

Simply put, none of the edgelords on this thread actually mean what they say if they realized the implications of it if it were applied to them.

I’m pretty sure op was talking about immoral orders like killing unarmed civies not returning fire while being attacked.

Why would I admire a fleshrobot?

Its only a shame that he was treated as a villain and died a villain by the public.