Will there ever be another like her?

Will there ever be another like her?

The F-22 and F-35 have good qualities of their own, but they lack the soul and character of the Tomcat

youtube.com/watch?v=ok68NWILp1E&t=0

Attached: Tomcat.jpg (800x387, 34K)

the tomcat was a meme hangar queen that couldnt even fire AMRAAMs. that thing got fucking dabbed on by floggers.

There are experts who unilaterally agree that the J-20 is the soul descendant of the F-14 aesthetically.

>Mig-23s
>Good at anything
Pick one

Besides, I said soul, not ability. The Tomcat has soul and character that other planes just don't have. Like the same soul and Character of the Corsair, or Phantom

mig-23s werent good. but they fucked F-14s in the iran-iraq war.

the J-20 looks boring.

the J-20 is just like her creators.
soulless.

Attached: US_Navy_051010-N-5088T-001_A_specially_painted_F-14D_Tomcat,_assigned_to_the_Blacklions_of_Fighter_S (1920x1339, 319K)

The J-20 surpasses all of these in almost every regard. It is the successor to all modern aircraft and will remain unmatched until the end of the century.

>The J-20 surpasses all of these in almost every regard. It is the successor to all modern aircraft and will remain unmatched until the end of the century.
the chink does know its 2018 and not 1998, right?

Iranian piloted f-14s

The J-20 will be the super plane to watch up until 2030 where China will be launching the best 6th gen super plane.

The J-20 is the only plane that is noted to be able to turn 40 degrees sustained and that scenario will stand until the end of the century.

Attached: 1531895906978.png (1073x386, 338K)

J-20 design is optimized for long range maritime interdiction and not air superiority.

With it's super stealth capability, it is well capable to do air superiority duties. Keep in mind that it has the best anti stealth features and will be a hunter killer of any stealth planes that goes inside Chinese territory.

Why not just buy Chinese? Pic related, Chinese F-15.

Attached: 7HIMVWzZHuA.jpg (1080x764, 87K)

It doesn't have to fire AIM-120s as the Tomcat was mostly supposed to defend the CSG from long range Soviet bombers. The Phoenix was definitely the way to go when it comes to that particular job.

Was good in wrecking the living shit out of Iranian fail-14s.

>Will there ever be another like her?
Why be like her if you can be better than her?

Attached: mig-31bm (15).jpg (4198x2708, 511K)

I'd say F-15E's have soul and are still around...

Attached: F-15_wingtip_vortices.jpg (1960x3008, 2M)

Iraqi piloted 23s

F-15s are kind of the everyman plane. Not a cheap, low-end machine like the F-5 and F-14 that somehow manages to remain unimpressive even when piloted by professional stunt teams, but not a high-end beast like the F-22, F/A-18F, or the F-14 herself.

Just wait for the next movie with Tom Cruise.

Nigga what?

You do realize that America will not give up her seat of power without a contest, correct?

Actually there were tests in which the F-14 did fire AMRAAMS but with the post cold war budget cuts and the premature retirement of the F-14 a fleetwide upgrade program to accommodate the AMRAAMs was never carried out

>F-14 is not impressive
>F-14 is impressive
did you mean the F-16 when you said it was a cheap, low end machine? it certainly fits the bill.

Opps, yeah. I saw a bunch of F-16s running in an airshow, and they were absolutely shit upon by the single F-22 participating when it came to impressing the crowd.

I'm so sick of chink shitposting. It's really not funny anymore

The F-14 is ugly and only got famous fron TOPGUN. That said, even though the F-18 and F-35 are fantastic aircraft, there is a gaping hole in the Navy's doctrine that neither can fill and was only done by the F-14. The Navy needs a 5th gen equivalent of the Tomcat.

>ynw see a sea raptor

Attached: Carrier-borne-F-22.jpg (572x391, 46K)

Let me get off of this ride

Attached: 2A192BE0-BE9C-4C77-9F0F-1CB1464B32B0.jpg (640x459, 67K)

If it existed they wouldn’t let it out of the hanger because of the maintenance hours to flight hours ratio

Sadly the Grumman Iron Works era is over.

It's almost as if you don't know what 'meme' means.

>F-35

Its V/STOL capability is nothing new.

Attached: Yak 41.png (1179x546, 647K)

Attached: Cry Cat Scream.jpg (594x600, 136K)

There is nothing spectacular about the F-14's capabilities. It served its role well until it became obsolete. That's all there is to that.

Really, what people want is another celebrity plane that looks cool and mean, which the F-14 fulfilled wonderfully. The F-35 isn't that. It looks high tech, but the airframe isn't imposing and it doesn't have that muscle car vibe. It seems small and weak compared to the F-14.

I wish they'd kept her around for pic related

Attached: vc4AIv2s35LbDjNDiWVnSFmuFkCwfEaSA5w3TGxsc-kxPNGG5qofmuCnmOxhcpOrelBqrC9r_BQkLEWd7Dh0EFDKew4_ODDATiex (876x711, 50K)

Where are the sources for these claims I keep seeing casually tossed around? Seriously, I'll take a Soviet or Iraqi source. Just give me something.

>You do realize that America will not give up her seat of power without a contest, correct?
But it is. Importing third worlders and allowing them to breed en masse is not making a next generation capable of taking the torch.

IDK 90+mi BVR engagement is pretty impressive with the AWG-9

Normalfags don't care about boring shit like software. The Raptor is probably the last true celebrity plane.

Attached: F-22 Raptor.jpg (3281x2187, 1019K)

The torch surely won't go to China either, considering their impending demographic crunch.

It's a big heavy missile designed to kill bombers. Maneuvering fighters shouldn't be getting hit at that range.

you've never seen a F35 fly. That little fucker can blast off like no other (excepting maybe the F22), and godDAMN she screams!

>Implying a fighter would detect a launch at that kind of range.

Russian RWRs aren't that great. In fact there are some severe limitations in their RWR system in number of threats able to be tracked, and imprecise direction of the threat. Western RWRs are far more useful in determining threat type and direction.

Let's not forget either that the Phoenix is credited with 62 A2A kills during the Iran-Iraq war. So something has to work pretty alright with that big heavy missile that isn't supposed to hit fighters.

Attached: RWR.jpg (600x357, 55K)

I'm familiar with the functionality of an SPO-15. It should prioritize the most imminent threat, and there's no reason the pilot shouldn't be alerted that they are being tracked. They won't get a launch warning if they are being tracked in TWS mode, but an alert pilot should suspect when they've been launched upon and the receiver will pick up the active radar from the missile once it goes active.

But yeah, western RWRs are a lot more informative and easier to read.

I have actually. It flies and sounds great; I just mean the airframe itself looks very "honda civic" or "toyota prius" for a fighter aircraft.

>ALR-69 RWR
ah brings back memories..those shitty coaxial connections at the preamp

>ywn see the next great war getting started over iranians breathing down the dod's neck for swing wing raptors
life isn't fair bros

>Phoenix is credited with 62 A2A kills during the Iran-Iraq war

Attached: 1310498381546.jpg (400x400, 28K)

TRUST IN THRUST

Attached: F135_burn.jpg (2250x1083, 515K)

>Phoenix is credited with 62 A2A kills during the Iran-Iraq war

>He credits it to the missile
>Not because Arabs are shit at military training.

How many % did the American HARM do during the Kosovo conflict?

>F-15
>cheap, every man plane
>not undefeated world A2A combat champ

With the exception of turn radius, the F-15 shits on most planes in most aspects of dogfighting

So, what does the S in SEAD stand for again?

>Iranian pilots
You are seriously underestimating the skill of US Naval Aviators.

Attached: F-14 kills F-15.jpg (627x800, 172K)

I didn't even know there was such a concept.
you've made my life permanently unfulfilled

>unilaterally

yeah because nobody fucking agrees with them, because that's retarded.

>not a high end beast
>STILL THE BEST 1976

>Phoenix is credited with 62 A2A kills during the Iran-Iraq war.

In how many of those cases did the missile actually hit, rather than causing the pilot to panic and eject or crash into the ground or some stupid shit?