Urban Camo

Do urban camo patterns actually work? I've always been kind of those patterns which are basically just regular military digital or woodland camo with gray/blue, black, and white replacing the regular colors.

and if urban camo does actually work, what is the best kind?

>inb4 full black face, colored bandanas, and gang tattoos are best urban camouflage.

Attached: 1529013828955.jpg (564x846, 86K)

>I've always been kind of suspicious of those patterns which are basically just regular military digital or woodland camo with gray/blue, black, and white replacing the regular colors.

sorry I cannot properly write sentences today.

Whatever the main color is in the area you'll be fighting.

Yeah, like WTF was up with the blue camo that the Navy had for a while? If a sailor goes in the water, they generally WANT to be seen.

It turns orange when it comes into contact with water.

>Nose piercing
pass but she looks cute from a distance

Oh, is that why my local surplus store has all that orange camo?

No, it doesn't. That was a joke among sailors.

YOU DON'T SAY

It's funny because sailors never sweat.

t.Marine

Are urban ghillie suits a thing? Dudes attaching discarded mcdonalds bags and used condoms to themselves so they can bide their time behind a dumpster?

Trashbag man

I'm under the opinion UCP was primarily an urban camo but it happened to fit in other terrains.Other urban camos are basically navy variants and there is no reason they even wear camo on a boat.

I don't think her nose is actually pierced just looks like that because of the shadow from her hair on her nose.

Alter ego

Urban camo exists because dressing in civilian garb is a war crime.

There have been a number of camouflage effectiveness tests in an urban setting. I'm too lazy to link one, but IIRC MARPAT-D did quite well and UCP was dog shit.

What the fuck is that?

a female

The idea was that it hide grease and oil stains increasing the service life of the uniform while looking military and modern. Same reason the Aussie airforce wears blue multimeme.

>T. Brainlet

Attached: lancashire bongpat.jpg (800x450, 57K)

Urban camo doesn’t work. Neither does woodland or desert camo.

It’s all a meme.

That pattern would pretty well in autumn and in no mans land.

Its funnier because marines don't do anything underway.

> The idea was that it hide grease and oil stains increasing the service life of the uniform
Or, I’m just throwing this one out there, they could not be a dick to sailors who work with oil and grease about their uniforms being dirty. I know, it’s crazy, right?

Attached: 1375148487946.jpg (422x317, 41K)

Attached: Urban Camo.jpg (1024x768, 921K)

>Do urban camo patterns actually work?
No.

All camo is designed to break up patterns by using elements of the nearby terrain.

When you're peeking your head over a windowsill 300 feet away, it works alright, just like any camo.

The problem with urban camo is that most urban environments are colorful, with long sight lines and low amounts of clutter. The visual clutter is the biggest issue, since it doesn't matter if you're broken up into non-human shapes if someone's wondering why there's a 6'1" stack of litter stacked up against a bus stop.

At this point, it's a marginally effective pattern used because they want something clearly military and because more effective patterns look silly.

Where is this qtie from? Iran?

Someone post urban ghille

That camo did nothing to hide her NOSE!

it's a herpes outbreak

Arktis in England did some experimental urban patterns, apparently some were quite effective.

Attached: arktis 1.jpg (1369x913, 304K)

Looks like a I'm w/Hillary shirt

I really liked the urban camo they wore in ‘The Rock’. Wish it was in more action films.

Attached: 9F3ED7F0-46B4-4B88-A45B-4318A8710FE2.gif (480x208, 2.86M)

WHY IS THAT WALL HOLFING A RIFLE!?!.

Urban camo exists because modern militaries are so fucking beholden to this outdated concept of “camo”, their really too stupid to think of anything better. Camouflaged uniforms are nothing more than symbolic these days, especially in urban environments. I’m shocked these retards don’t make air force pilots wear “sky camouflage” uniforms at this point.

Why did you just post a brick wall user?

Our uniform is sagging pants and a tee-shirt. Rank is determined by the color and pattern of the boxers showing.

I DON'T KNOW BUT I'M EQUALLY CONFUSED

That was an April Fool's Day joke from the British Army.

CUEPAT.

Russian Camos from the Chechen Wars were pretty effective, especially since those places were cold, soggy, blue-gray mudholes 8 months of the year.

Attached: vitaly.jpg (799x647, 450K)

Iraqi Kurdistan

>Want arabic christian cutie
>Am too much of a degenerate

Attached: 1513683417100.gif (550x550, 1006K)

Attached: ddb299abe1abef234f9cf4bd7ffc6880.jpg (1920x1080, 752K)

there are plenty of Arab Christians in Palestine and Lebanon (even in Minnesota because of the sheer number of lebs living in the twin cities), a lot of them are fine with partying and being sluts.

I also know some coptic christian egyptians can be like that, but still they prefer to have sex only after marriage.

afaik ucp didn't really work anywhere

Does she have a penis?
She's not wearing a burka and no hijab.

Which liberal mid east nation? UAE? Jordan?
Lebanon?

trap hopefully

Sounds like Pennsylvania in the winter

It's to break up their silhouette so that they're not a giant fucking target on deck.

Iraq, according to this guy.

Navy wears coveralls most of the time on ship

It’s a wall hanger...dumbass

>an enemy fighter pilot will target and engage personell on the deck because they caught his eye sooner than the gigantic fucking hull and superstructure
Woo boy, thats some premium WW1 looney tunes retard right there.

>by painting our ships bright colours we'll be harder to hit
>by marching slowly in formation we'll be harder to hit
Ah WWI, t'was a silly time.

Infantry is still the main force of modern militaries. As long as infantry combat exists and thermal optics aren't standard issue, camouflage will be relevant. And this is only assuming two armies with the most up-to-date tech are fighting.

Unless, you are arguing about expensive and intricate camouflage patterns in which case you do make a point. I don't totally agree but I see what you're saying if this is the case you're arguing.

Berlin Camo for vehicles wasn't that bad.

Attached: Find the Berlin Tank.jpg (1024x666, 90K)