Hey Jow Forums, My Grandfather gave me his old Motorcycle Rifle and now I want to upgrade and improve it...

Hey Jow Forums, My Grandfather gave me his old Motorcycle Rifle and now I want to upgrade and improve it, I know it is a real HK93 and since I'm new to Quality firearms I'd like to ask a few questions so i'm not being a complete tard with her.
1. Should 5.56 be shout out of her? I know in most Ar15s you can fire both .223 and 5.56 but I cannot find any reliable info on the 93's ability to fire it, he used to shool old korean 556 out of it and it seemed to operate fine
2. would something like this change it to select fire or would it fug it up hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK93-33-53-SEF-Navy-Style-Trigger-Group-Full-Auto-Push-Pin-172p18189.htm
3. Should I buy polymer mags or save up for Metal ones? I know the steel/aluminum ones are optimal but the poly ones are a quarter of the price.
4. what other cool stuff should i do with it?

Attached: Grandpap's Methhead Extractor.jpg (1504x2016, 772K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vintagegunleather.com/gun-manuals/pdf_H/heckler_koch_hk93.pdf
tacretailer.com/2016/05/31/here-are-6-ways-to-dial-out-your-heckler-koch-93-with-awesome-accessories/
drzero.org/cetme/pdf/g3.pdf
robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-FLASH-HIDER-LOCKING-SPRING-113p1887.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If it shoots 5.56 it shoots .223.

You can but you will have to cut off some metal and get an FA bolt carrier. The ATF will be at your door as soon as there's a paper trail indicating that you have the trigger group and bolt carrier together.

Polymer mags work fine.

Shoot it.

Thanks Kommando, I'm just worried about using 5.56 because of the pressure because it is chambered in Kal .223 and Germans ammo is different as far as i know
So an additional bolt carrier is necessary to turn it into select fire, thanks and ill keep the ATF away from my dogs.
If poly works ill buy a couple of those, i'm not from Israel but id like to save money when I can.
Already done.

Here is another question, why does the bolt group not allow me to remove the spring?
Is this a feature for certain bolt groups or was it modified to be this way?
I've seen videos on youtube with deconstruction and they seem to be able to remove it just fine

Attached: Bolt Carrier.jpg (1504x2016, 819K)

1. European-made firearms have barrels manufactured to C.I.P. standards, meaning that yes, it can shoot NATO-spec 5.56 without any issues even if it is marked .223
(I've got an old AUG marked .223 on the barrel and it shoots standard 5.56 just fine).
You only really have to worry about the .223 vs. 5.56 when you are dealing with domestically produced guns made to SAAMI standards.
2. HK93's have block that bars you from installing the pin that holds the F/A trigger group in place, and even then you would need a F/A bolt carrier.
Don't even think about it unless you want an ATF boot up your ass.
3. Polymer mags are okay, but don't have the same A E S T H E T I C that the original metal ones have (I've got a HK93 clone that I mostly use metal mags in.)
Both types of mags might require some sort of fitting though.
4. Don't do anything to it except go shoot it.
HK93's are one of the more collectible HK rifles out there, I wouldn't fuck with it at all.
You could get a bipod for that handguard from RTG parts,
the ones he sells are very well made and are only $80 vs. $400 for a legit H&K HK93/HK91 bipod.

This doesnt deserve it's own thread, should be in/made a QTDDTOT.
Side not they're trash, and not much customization can be done to them.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I didn't know that C.I.P standards existed, I knew SAAMI standards did but now I'm more knowledgeable thank you.

>claims it doesn't deserve its own thread
>says HK 93 is trash

Please dont ruin a hk93 or get it taken from you by the atf

I don't intend on ruining it, i just want to make its operation a bit more optimal. As for the ATF, I'm not going to break any laws/intend to or draw attention to myself.

Here is another angle on the carrier, I can't seem to find any info as to why I can't take out the spring.

Attached: Bolt group 2.jpg (2016x1512, 529K)

Another question I have has to do with the Flash suppressor on the end of the barrel, how would I go about removing it? Id like to take it off while cleaning but it doesn't seem to have a threaded barrel. This was the best shot I could get right now.

Attached: Flash Suppressor.jpg (1504x2016, 447K)

Ordering those parts will 100% draw enough attention to get your dog shot.

Aren't they too busy hunting down snapchat thots right now? Or is that another alphabet agency?

It’s the ATF, they would never in a million years miss an opportunity to send you to prison for an unregistered machine gun. Especially when you’re doing it so blatantly.

I get the concern, but I'm not gonna do anything, I'm just asking questions and not about to ask the ATF for help regarding firearms or any other government agency for that matter.

user. I am individual with a good understanding of how things work due to a prior job.

Jow Forums is a site that is HEAVILY patrolled by webcrawlers and other bots. They are more sophisticated than you can imagine. Just your wording, and people's responses have been enough to likely flag this thread and draw attention. You are user to us. You are not user to the government. No amount of VPNs will help when the data you transmit is captured at the node anyway. You are basically laying out evidence for anyone who wants it. Just saying "I have no intent" while giving a wink and a smile, is enough to be construed as intent.

So you are either being a stupid motherfucker, or are a glowfucker. Which one is it? Because if it is the first, you can fix that real quick. If it is the latter, well, hello.

Attached: commence-the-jigglin-1598113.png (500x523, 134K)

It's the IRS regarding taxes on paid e-whoring, dipshit. Nothing to do with alcohol, tobacco, firearms, or explosives.

He's just buying gun parts, why the fuck would they care?

I don't intend to be retarded, i just want to become more knowledgeable about my stuff, Jow Forums seems to be one of the better places to ask these questions but if the ATF wants to knock on my door I have all the paperwork, I follow the law regardless of how cucked and infringing they happen to be. If there is a better place to ask these type of questions let me know and i'll gladly fuck off there.

They may not have firearms, but i'm pretty sure those chicks had explosive tits

Attached: 968643.jpg (1080x1080, 93K)

Unless its a full auto preban, your doggo is getting raped.

>doggo is getting raped
Im american, i dont have to worry aboot the RCMP.

It was made in the 80s, so its a semi auto preban, also I don't think they could touch my dog, peta already has a claim on him and they don't like to share fucktoys.

This place is about as solid as it will get with a straight answer. If you really want to get cozy with your firearm you should obtain an "armorer's manual" or the equivalent on the HK93.

vintagegunleather.com/gun-manuals/pdf_H/heckler_koch_hk93.pdf
tacretailer.com/2016/05/31/here-are-6-ways-to-dial-out-your-heckler-koch-93-with-awesome-accessories/
drzero.org/cetme/pdf/g3.pdf

Your hider might be pinned+welded on to make up for a short barrel. look around it's length for hole in it. 1/4' and its pinned, 3/8ths and its screw on. if screw use CLP and deal from there.

If you have a pinned hider, just buy a new barrel if it bothers you.

Attached: night jigglin.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I appreciate the books, ill study them and get a better understanding of this, thanks user.
Now the Hider doesn't look either screwed or welded, I might be looking at it weird but it looks like a ring holds it in place.

Attached: Flash Hider 2.jpg (1504x2016, 342K)

Thats a lever, pry it open and it will just slide off.

Well that's nice to know, what kind of barrel end allows for that kind of attachment? I think it has to be a predecessor of a threaded barrel but i'm not sure, btw what would be the best tool for taking it off?

It wasnt very popular and didnt last long before they switched over to threaded. The muzzle itself is just straight flutes under the flashhider with a groove for the cam that the lever holds down. Try a srewdriver or anything that will fit really.

Imo that looks just like the usual G3 flash hider, which is a screw-on, that little piece should hook into a bunch of notches where the threaded part ends. Don't know what the lever user was on about...

Put a glove on and try to twist it counterclockwise.

ive been trying to pry it and it seems to move a little when i do, it just opening it all the way thats hard
I have tried that already, that shit will tear up your hands glove or not.

Also, what is going on with my bolt system? I cannot seem to remove the spring from the carrier and there seems to be a notch preventing its removal.

what the hell is a motorcycle rifle

A rifle you can put in the saddle bags of your motorcycle, essentially he took this thing everywhere until he had to stop riding and sell his bike.
This is the only thing he has ever given me and I'll keep it in the family till I pass.

Spray it down with PBlaster, should pry open ezpz then.

Heres a pic of the lever when itsrobertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-FLASH-HIDER-LOCKING-SPRING-113p1887.htm off.

It's not a fucking lever it's a spring designed to prevent the flashhider from walking out of the threads. Jesus Christ Jow Forums stop trying to get this man to ruin such a fine uncommon rifle. OP of it is not pinned, it just needs to be unscrewed. Over the years the threads have probably really grasped onto the flashhider.

>being this jealous

Douche. Probably noguns too.

Sometimes the flash hider is silver soldered on, or blind pinned in place. Not sure how you can tell but it's not always the case, so if you have access to a vice and a pair of vice grips, wrap the rifle in a bit of leather or something and make sure it doesn't wiggle, then do the same with the flash hider and cinch the vice grips onto and just keep twisting, desu it's not really worth it...

Why do you want to take your flash hider off? There is literally no reason to do that.

Well, here she is after a through cleaning, All disassembled as far as I can without messing with the bolt, that sucker is really a bitch to disassemble and put back together.
I don't intend on messing with the muzzle because stopped me from possibly fucking this beautiful German rifle up and I'm too paranoid to mess with it further. If i need to ill just try and get a new barrel.

Attached: Nice and Clean.jpg (2016x1504, 628K)

Its difficult to get my cleaning rods in there because of it, the flash hider likes to grip the brushes and bend them out of shape. I just go slowly and carefully but its still a pain to have to deal with it each thrust.

I honestly thought it was a lever.

>2018
>not using a boresnek

Take your rods from breach to muzzle.

I hate those slippery bastards, at least with rods you can hold on even when its oily. If a tiny bit of oil gets on the mi lose my grip
Can't really do that because the rods aren't long enough.

>this entire post
>this entire thread
You are a dissapointment to your papaw.

I'm the only non-degenerate of his grandchildren. It would be pretty hard to disappoint him. I think he would be proud I am doing my best to take care of his stuff and asking questions.

hey, at least he's trying!

>cant hold on to a but of rope
>proud

Attached: 1542611153215.png (636x139, 20K)

Ever stop and gander at how sad that sentance is?

"We didn't have your sissy limp dick ropes in my day, we had hard rods like men that we penetrated our rifles with!"

Attached: You will not laugh.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

>tfw ops hard rod is to short even at full penetration

>it's a Jow Forums drives away a newish firearms owner (he actually owns a gun unlike 75% of this board) episode

>its a Jow Forums preserves board culture by driving away filthy /hasguns/ episode.
Jow Forums is and has always been a /noguns/ board. Stop forcing cultural enrichment on us.

Don't worry about your brushes getting bent. They're like $3 you can just get new ones. Boresnakes are great but I like using brushes and patches and then running the snek through at the end. Always go breach to muzzle like the other user said. Get a new cleaning rod if it's not long enough. Mine can go to 32" which should be plenty for you. Don't fuck up your grandpa's rifle, that thing is sweet.

I never had a decent rifle until grandpa let me buy his, and shit sucked where i lived
I won't get bent over it but the length of the rod isn't the problem, because the barrel is oddly shaped, its kind of difficult to get it in there. Thanks, I'll do my best not to fuck it up.

Well here she is, all back together. It has a few markings that tell me it was manufactured in 1980 but not much else.

Attached: Back in one piece.jpg (2016x869, 728K)

Nigger it's already nicer than any gun you deserve. Don't be a fucking idiot.

While I am not one of basketball decent, I will keep this girl in the most pristine condition I can, bar using it for innawoods or home defense.

Nice, dude, looks good (aside from unfortunately also having no paddle mag release like my own) it looks like a solid set-up. Good thing your old man put that brass deflector on there. Make sure you check your bolt gap once in a while to make sure it's in acceptable limits. Clear the rifle, pull thecharging handle back and let go, pull the trigger, then stick your gauges in and find out. The manuals should cover this, but the gap should be around .010 to .018, but up to .020" is fine.

There's a decent bit of aftermarket if you're willing to shell out hundreds of burgerbucks at a time. Shit is expensive.

Attached: mgstock.jpg (1296x1728, 1.21M)

The only thing I dislike about it is the three point strap it came with, I don't know why but it seems frustrating to adjust or use in a hurry, if you guys have a suggestion on another strap that wouldn't mess with the aesthetics, I'd love to replace it even though its an original HK strap.

Attached: 3 point Strap.jpg (2016x1024, 518K)

Thanks man, i have to say your HK looks nice too, I like it how mine is but it just seems as if its missing something, like the bayonet on yours. The only stipulation my grandfather had was to not put an optic on it and he would let me buy it off him. Something about the claw mount marring the finish and degrading the value. Yours looks nice as fuck tho. Anything worth adding to mine or would it ruin the look?

It should be fine. If it's chambered in 5.56 it shouldn't be a problem to shoot .223. But if it's chambered in .223 then you will have a problem when running 5.56.

Yeah, if you're not careful, claw mounts do mar the surface, and are expensive as hell to boot. I would just get a bipod from RTG and a bayonet if you're so inclined. Furniture can also be swapped out with no issue if you're into that at all.

Attached: collapse.jpg (1728x1296, 1.02M)

Sorry, meant to say that actual HK claw-mounted optics are expensive. I don't entirely trust UTG's offerings.

the ring is just a retaining clip. after that it screws off in theory. If you have any form of ruler, look at the circular post next to the ring clip. Your barrel might be pinned in place to the hider. If so its because HK had 15.5 inch barrels and made up the difference with the extra length hider on some models. By permanently fixing it to the barrel it was made legal for import.

If that hider is the long type, and fixed in place, follow my earlier comments to be sure: measure the hole.

removing it under those circumstances would cause damage, scrape the hider with whatever you use, potentially damage the barrel, and last but not least, lead us fuuuuuull circle back to the AFT shooting your dog for making an illegal SBR. Realistically they arent telepaths, but if you cant get that shit back on you are sitting on a hot potato. So there is my rant on not dinging up the gun.

Yeah I don't see any post on or near the hider, I do know about pinned muzzles but I cannot seem to find one on this muzzle for the life of me. You probably could mark it from the pictures i've posted in the thread in paint.

Does it have to be a HK brand bayonet or will others work in its place? If its the latter I'm sure I could find a place that sells bayonets close by.

>wants to bubba a family gift

Is OP a fucking idiot

Attached: 488C24E8-DA0B-4DC2-9A64-30269233C043.png (650x773, 47K)

Don’t shoot 556 if it’s chambered in 223.

Gun parts that when put together make a federal offense you dumbass motherfucker

Attached: 1539130432680.jpg (500x500, 74K)

Its called constructive intent, they nail people over SBRs regarding that verbage all the time.

To be quite honest, I don't know. The only ones I can possibly think are CETME beyonets and I don't know how the locking mechanism compares. Either way the HK bayonet doesn't have a great design either. The spring keeping the locking tab open isn't captured, so enjoy losing that spring if you're not careful.

None of what OP is doing would be considered 'bubba'ing, dumb wojack poster.

Attached: SAM_0006.jpg (1728x2304, 1.62M)

Don't try to be sneaky and make it automatic. Get a binary trigger pack for it and call it a day.

Cetme bayonets will not work.

OP, if you've got 15k lying around you could buy a registered HK full auto trigger pack.

>it's pre-ban (semi-auto) so I can convert it without one of these
>it's pre-ban (semi-auto) so I can convert it
>it's pre-ban (semi-auto) so I can convert it

Attached: jox4JkK.jpg (640x609, 26K)

The bolt is fucking easy to take apart, dont be a pussy, watch a youtube video. Roller delayed bolts are fucking foolproof.

I think he wants to take out the recoil spring, but I can’t see any reason to do so. OP, rifle is fine(in fact it is rare and very cool) leave it alone and just enjoy it as is.

I'm done disassembling it for today, I'm just curious as to why other bolt assemblies CAN remove the recoil spring while mine cannot

I ain't converting it, i was just saying when it was made. I don't have the money to buy any of the stuff required or pay the tax stamp for NFA registration, money is tight now man and i'm not gonna fuck it up or get it taken away.

Well I think the bipod and A3 stock are a good start for now anyway, I'll have to wait until there is a sale on RTG sometime.

those parts will not convert an hk93 to full auto (without modification) and are perfectly legal to own.

I should mention that they also won't work in an hk93, so there's no point in buying them
that's not how that works.

Either way, I'm not gonna bubba it or even try. If only 18,000 or so of these were made, it would be far better to hold on to it untouched.

Atf get out. Stop honeypotting the board and go catch those fucking niggers on Instagram or snap chat.

Noted, thank you.
Yeah, both are good. I don't know when their sales are, but ask them how many more bipods they have in stock first if you're going to wait. They were previously out of stock for several years.
Really? I call you out on your lack of knowledge about a particular firearm and you call me ATF? If OP so desired, replacing the trigger pack and bolt is not fucking bubba'ing a fuckin' HK93/clone, and I wouldn't do it with a F/A parts because it sounds sketchy enough for me to not want to do it regardless. Replacing the stock and foregrip, isn't bubba'ing either, and he was already talked out of messing with the compensator. Fuck off, lurk more before saying some dumb shit, and don't fucking reply to me.

Attached: SAM_0003.jpg (2304x1728, 1.36M)

>I'm just curious as to why other bolt assemblies CAN remove the recoil spring while mine cannot
Sometimes the guide ring on the end of the recoil rod catches on the bolt carrier and won't pull out freely. If you pull on it a bit it should come out, but there's no real point in doing that since all your maintenance can be done with it still attached to the bolt carrier.

No they fucking don't because that's not a thing at all. You either posses something (sometimes as the sum of its parts) or you don't. Stop spreading this fuddlore garbage.
Show me one person who has ever got in any trouble for "constructive intent." I'll wait.

>Ill keep the atf away from my dogs
Godspeed, user

Shit, years? the stocks run about 600 or so when i checked but still. I think id rather buy a pistol before then because the big two one just passed for me and i can finally get it without problems.

Anyway Jow Forums I was curious about the ammunition my grandfather gave me to shoot. I have used it before during a community activity and everybody thought I was using a FAL (probs noguns but I'm not that knowledgeable either)
My grandfather tho isn't the sharpest tactical spoon in the safe so I hope this stuff is safe

Attached: Front ammo.jpg (1504x2016, 297K)

An example on his lack of gun care was when he told me that while using this rifle he would "spray a can of WD-40 all over" and call it clean. When I first got her It took me a good 3 hours to clean all the gunpowder residue/gunk but now its far easier to clean and operate.

Attached: Back ammo.jpg (1504x2016, 325K)