M1014 in combat service

Did the M1014 aka Benelli M4 see any real combat in Iraq and Afghanistan wars?

Did marines use the M1014 for CQB in Fallujah or was it only for breaching? Was a shotgun already outdated for urban combat?

Attached: benelli.jpg (425x289, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/An1X4bhkmWc
thalesgroup.com/sites/default/files/database/d7/asset/document/GLOW.pdf
reddit.com/r/guns/comments/1oko69/the_mossberg_590_in_combat_the_experiences_of_one/
sportsmansguide.com/product/index/3-rounds-firequest-pepper-blast-12-gauge-2-3-4-shotshells?a=680532
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping for the most interesting thread on Jow Forums right now

They have to keep a few units equipped with shotguns at all times in case of xenos. I wouldn't expect a noguns civilian to know that though.

Attached: First “Alien” Video Game since “Isolation” in the Works.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Attached: post-68-0-91720900-1425755041.jpg (800x471, 145K)

Attached: e6517231ccfaee328fdf8896906e1ba5.jpg (644x966, 109K)

Attached: Benelli_M1014_4.jpg (700x467, 33K)

Who is this guy and why do I see him in every thread with operators in it?

>I like to keep this handy; for close encounters.
>has close encounter
>drops the beautiful 300 yo shotty that’s been passed down his family for generations.
>doesn’t immediately kill himself over the loss of such a beautiful piece.

sinces he not wearing any mandated safety ppe hes probably some snco doing whatever he wants.

>Literally a hunk of metal with a completely melted fore-end from the molecular acid blood aliens have

>Worth keeping

Guns are tools fagget, it broke, so it got thrown away

Attached: 130130-M-FY706-348.jpg (697x465, 46K)

>not wearing bulky ppe

god i wish a no lifer sgt majo would show up and just ruin his day.

There was no need to use it in CQB. Just the sound of racking the bolt would scare the hajis away.

I have no first-hand experience, but I want to say they were only used for breaching. Assuming they were issued with special breaching slugs, which are designed to disperse after breaking whatever door, they wouldn't be ideal at all for CQB.

You seem bitter

I used to live by Camp Pendleton and some of the guards by the south gate would have M1014's. The only time I remember seeing any of them actually holding it was when one officer was opening up a gate for another officer.

>shotgunfags desperately clinging to some sort of relevance outside of shooting birds

Likely saw limited use in iraq, only by Marines as an actual fighting weapon. I don't recall seeing any use in Afghanistan, but aside from early on like Fallujah, they were mostly used at checkpoints. Here's an example
youtu.be/An1X4bhkmWc

>Not ideal for cqb
>Only slightly heavier than an m4, and the same length.

Interesting on the east coast they would all have pistols but at night they had a4s except this one 4'9" black female mp who had an m4

You wanna read the first part of that sentence again?

>assuming they were issued with special breaching slugs, which are designed to disperse after breaking whatever door

^I could be wrong, but that was my point. Not that the M1014 wouldn't be great for CQB if issued with buckshot/"non-breaching" slugs.

It's called shooting niggers.

One of the 6th battalion guys used em in afghan

I saw a thread a couple years ago, guy was in Iraqi and had one and went though how it was used for CQB. Was fairly useful according to him, pick a target and keep firing till it was down.

I know the British used them, the pointman of a Barma team would have them alongside their metal detectors as a rifle would be too bulky. Not heard accounts on their use though I would bet they have been.

Attached: m1014UK.jpg (604x406, 79K)

I'm honestly surprised Benelli hasn't bothered to make a short version of it but I imagine it has to do with its operation

I'd imagine they saw quite a bit of use seeing how devastating shotguns are in CQC, especially against unarmored targets.
Though I don't have any specific examples, it would be wasteful if they didn't make use of them

Attached: 2zf0bco.jpg (800x640, 52K)

Attached: information_items_1856.jpg (610x339, 140K)

Attached: 74866470_large_98da9af5.jpg (700x479, 118K)

You mean this short version that's been out for a long time?

Attached: c3443cba8a3c659bd1c0b3d14cf315db.jpg (575x329, 34K)

>guns are tools
>implying
Guns are family.

Yes they were used in Fallujah for breaching, but in the Marine Corps intimate wisdom they didn't pass down the correct ammo. Mf were trying to knock down doors with buckshot so they ditched it.

>I wish someone would yell at someone else for me

People like you, and the fags who defend women, are literally why the military is so shit. It was always bad but post 2000 it’s especially dumbed down and aimed at very low asset people

Attached: 5B2AA3DB-E113-4086-89E4-F728D7CA78B2.jpg (768x1024, 105K)

>military employment rivaled only by Walmart
>aimed at very low asset people

Attached: 97501274012904801.jpg (800x652, 38K)

RAF countersnipers use 338 and a Benelli M4, for what reason?

Attached: rafreg1rpqeu.jpg (1000x665, 159K)

obviously in case the sniper tries to rush them and noscope

>shotgun
>outdated for urban combat

Shotgun are literally more useful in urban environments than assault rifles. Think about it, shotguns are a multipurpose weapon that merely require a different type of ammunition to perform a variety of tasks.

Shotguns can be used for...

>incapacitation (bean bag rounds)
>crowd control (tear gas rounds)
>door breaching (ceramic rounds)
>blowing a guy's head off (slugs)
>blowing multiple people apart with one round (bird/buckshot)

Compare that to the assault rifle which while it serves the purposes of suppressing fire (when on full auto) or killing a target directly, it is only capable of those two roles.

Attached: marines-of-2d-light-armored-reconnaissance-battalion-first-and-third-platoon-e7b891.jpg (3006x1967, 1.55M)

Hot extract... Slugs at that range will set someone down on the Good guys heels! And buckshot would get heads down I suppose!

British armed forces bought some specifically for use in Afghanistan, stuck Eotechs on them and dubbed it L128A1
It was given to the point man in a rifle section for use in close combat entering compounds or irrigation ditches as well as breaching.
They were also carried at vehicle checkpoints with slug ammunition since it was considered effective at disabling vehicles when fired in to the engine block

>blowing multiple people apart with one round (bird/buckshot)
>birdshot
>blowing people apart
>birdshot

Birdshot has problems killing people past 5 yards, its not going to blow one person apart, much less multiple

But i see what youre getting at

Same reason that have the GLOW laser on them - to disperse crowds and secure the aircraft if the landing site is mobbed.
IIRC it was part of the security detail during the 2012 Olympics.

Attached: LG-31.jpg (500x750, 75K)

Attached: US_Navy_031106-N-1693W-002_Marines_fire_shotguns_during_weapons_familiarization_training.jpg (2100x1378, 1.5M)

What is that shit mounted below the gun?

Any idea what vests they're wearing. I've seen a lot of photos of FAST Marines in Liberia and Marines in Afghanistan around 2003 and 2004 using them.

Attached: us-marine-corps-usmc-personnel-from-battalion-landing-team-blt-1st-battalion-d99b16.jpg (3000x2143, 1.37M)

They're doing some sort of competition, not actual training.

Patented experimental Mohammedian eye melter.

That's the GLOW laser I was on about. Green Light Optical Warner.
It's made by Thales
thalesgroup.com/sites/default/files/database/d7/asset/document/GLOW.pdf

Attached: glow_green_light_optical_warner_3-tm-tfb.jpg (540x261, 43K)

Yeah im pretty sure it was used in breeching and immediate cqb. I know when i went to armorers school we had to learn about it.

>Was a shotgun already outdated for urban combat?
reddit.com/r/guns/comments/1oko69/the_mossberg_590_in_combat_the_experiences_of_one/

My unit was issued a few Benellis. We had breaching slugs and buckshot for them. The one in my squad was only ever used for breaching. Rumors of the other platoons splatting hajis with them were present however.

Pic related.

Attached: 470016_3674606663315_1593543918_o.jpg (2048x1366, 474K)

Jams it down a Xenomorphs throat, blows the Xenos head off, gets soaked in acid and pulled out of his hands when it falls back out the door. He never dropped it.

They were pretty baller in MW2 so I assume they saw some combat use

Attached: alienscloseencounters.jpg (600x326, 23K)

LETS ROCK!

>Shotgun are literally more useful in urban environments than assault rifles.
imagine being this brainlet

is there anything more cringy than people who freak out over 'heirloom' weapons?

why are you talking like a trump tweet

>literally linking reddit
First the motherfucker posting his own blog and now you. Fucking gook moot and this gay 4channel bullshit.

Underrated

He's a boomer that's not quite versed on the etiquette yet

>mad that a reddit post is more interesting and has more Jow Forums related information than 90% of whats posted here
Shouldnt you be off shitposting about traps before bedtime?

>Tear gas rounds

Attached: kark.jpg (480x122, 11K)

Redpilled

>unironically defending a reddit poster
Fuck off you aren't welcome here you fucking faggot

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/3-rounds-firequest-pepper-blast-12-gauge-2-3-4-shotshells?a=680532
They exist. Fuckin cool as hell, too, to be honest.

Yeah they just use them for shooting locks off doors. Although I suppose after they breach a door the man with the shotgun might use it.

>Was a shotgun already outdated for urban combat?

Not necessarily, pic related.

Attached: Shotgun Frag 12 shotgun grenade.jpg (356x313, 22K)

EXPLODING ROUNDS MUDDAFUKKA

Attached: Doorkicker.jpg (900x900, 57K)

The camo-mixing pisses me off more than race-mixing pisses off Jow Forums

Underrated

>posting a round that never entered production 20 years ago

Want to say blackhawk carriers. had their breacher tools in the back of a humvee in 2005 so not too far of a date i think.

hey those bong 1014 pics were good stuff.

Attached: 1536851462094.png (1440x1557, 738K)

>linking reddit
Mods ban this faggotry
>defending someone linking reddit
Unironically kill yourself you cucked, pozzed r*dditor nigger loving faggot retard.

Attached: 1478258523187.jpg (526x842, 102K)

>linking reddit

Attached: 1544201527037.jpg (500x500, 76K)

I hear they mostly come out at night.......mostly.

Attached: DE81C3CA-2C35-446C-BF97-1DC551826A6A.gif (500x270, 1.92M)

I used to take the bus regularly in and out of Pendleton back when I didn't have my own car. The guards there always had M1014s when they were checking our IDs.

Assualtmen use it to open doors. You can also kill with it.

The assualtmen MOS are anti tank rocket launcher guys. The MOS is being removed completely, so the aet of shotgun combat may go with them.

In a ww3 scenario, mass assualtmen and APC would probably be meta, but they arent meta is the age of sof.

>It's called shooting niggers.

YEEEHAAAW I want to be American cowboy protecting my cattle from dirty injuns and escaped nigger slaves.
I want to tell a nigger: " You are in the wrong neighbourhood boy". I want to burn a cross and dance around it with my fellow Americans.

But America i love is gone :(.

is this a decent price? + tax? so about $1785 after
Thinking about getting the base model and dropping another 430 for the "real" mag tube and collapsible stock.

Attached: CSIMG_135_1.jpg (1512x2016, 671K)

Jow Forums is so shit, that reddit is actually having better content than this zoomer zombie site. And I'm an '05 fag

Jesus Christ this thread just has arguments and a couple of pictures. Read the book 'House to house' by David Bellavia. He was US Army, not Marines, but he describes his friend using a shotgun in combat against the enemy in Fallujah.

Are you supposed to say it like one oh one four? I've always said ten fourteen. Like you would m16, m60, m249 etc.

Attached: 61ovrXrC4oL._SY679_.jpg (453x679, 45K)

'04fag reporting in. This user is correct. Anonymous is too worried about what reddit is doing to create OC for fear of reddit stealing that OC. It's spiraled down into stagnation.

'04 as in?

I browsed Reddit for the first time yesterday. I lasted 15 minutes before I wanted to kill myself.

This but unironically.

Attached: 1527859694277.jpg (534x401, 55K)