Improvised DIAS - Need info!!!

Apparently they're legit auto-sears but improvised. I feel like I know a lot about guns, blows my mind I've never come across these. Need info. The device top left is made out of a hanger. Google image search pulls up nothing. The one on top/bottom right is called Swift Link. Is the hanger a version of the Swift Link, just double more improvised? I also imagined hanger worked more like a DIAS just replacing the toggle with springiness of bendy boi construction. Hanger might be called Afghan Hanger? Sorry for low res, it's all that was available. Any specs, plans, or info would be awesome. Does swift link look like aluminum?

Attached: 48380845_10217038397849067_7572466254145912832_n.jpg (723x514, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oFyoDYDPFLU
reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/a6m30w/everyone_in_america_has_a_closet_full_of/
youtube.com/watch?v=05ltSwePmU4
desuarchive.org/k/search/filename/lightning/page/2/
youtu.be/aDWVYYJN_2Q?t=47
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

meme i found hanger on

Attached: 48380845_10217038397849067_7572466254145912832_n (1).jpg (893x729, 67K)

Attached: 48423998_1647589555387025_431856685280133120_n.jpg (579x443, 30K)

Don't mind me, just posting in a ATF thread

Attached: 1544393296009.jpg (562x530, 69K)

Attached: 48374727_1647589678720346_8808524710556991488_n.jpg (960x534, 47K)

The Swift link was invented by that guy that made the "arfakit.com" and YouTube video that everyone thought was a sting operation. Turns out he was actually selling unfinished Swift links with instructions on how not to finish them *wink* He just recenty got convicted for selling unregistered machine guns (after running his mouth to an undercover atf agent and representing himself in court).
The Swift link works the way it looks. The wire thing is just a Swift link made out of a chunk of coat hanger by a guy called WingNut. I've never actually seen dimensioned drawings of these.

youtube.com/watch?v=oFyoDYDPFLU

DOPE

yes yesss tell me more

Attached: og.jpg (480x310, 22K)

Attached: ATF2.jpg (550x247, 20K)

Looks like the height is just the difference between the rear lug and shelf. The length and angle of the slope is just going to be where an A1 Sear Assembly would normally engage the bolt carrier without enough clearance below to just miss the hammer and interface with disconnector. If its shape can be approximated to make with a hanger wire, then it should be straight forward enough to machine with aluminium.

Y'know, the guy that mentioned was sentenced to less than three years- not ten years and his dogs didn't get shot. Memes are great, but if you pussies legitimately fear the incompetent and thinly staffed/resourced GayTF, then you don't belong on this board

ATF, come on dude. You could have at least posted this in QTDDTOT.

Attached: qvktxkxnzjq11.png (960x864, 816K)

Cool sting, ATF. Let me know how it goes.

>Memes are great, but if you pussies legitimately fear the incompetent and thinly staffed/resourced GayTF, then you don't belong on this board
This but un-ironically. You have to go way out of your way to actually get shafted by the ATF, hell you can even get away with hitting up WMA ranges and you'll be fine so long as you don't live in a genuine commie shit-hole with brown nosed police.

I can see it getting bent out of shape and causing runaways reeeeeal quick.

You could always heat treat it a little.

Wouldn't heating up a coat hanger make it less strong? They are cheap metal

A contemporary AR is ikelier to FTF than runaway fire

That's why you want to machine one out of 7075-T6

Or, y'know, steel.

I don't understand why you would want one. They're equally illegal as drilling a third hole, take more work, and leave you with an inferior finished product.

Do we have any dimensions? Yhis also isn't an Auto sear, that would require a m16 FCG. This just blocks the disconnector from doing its job while the trigger is engaged. Pretty cool tho. Will build.

>They're equally illegal as drilling a third hole, take more work
>take more work
what

You can't buy one, so you're going to have to machine it yourself. Then you're going to have to fiddle around with a file to get it to run.

Meanwhile, an auto fcg can be shipped to your door. Lowers are commonly available with the proper pocket already milled, leaving you only needing to drill a hole. Jigs for that hole can be shipped to your door as well, if you're not feeling confident in your ability to measure out and mark the spot.

But, hey, what do I know. I'm not retarded enough to knowingly commit a Federal felony.

It's literally just bent sheet metal lmao

>Meanwhile, an auto fcg can be shipped to your door.
that's basically game over though

looks like i could 3d print one
neat huh

Literally no one cares. You can buy parts kits containing auto fcgs from all kinds of demiled machine guns, including M16s. No one gets raided for it. They're not controlled parts.

that would probably just shatter immediately

That wasn't a honey pot? The fuckin mad lad

>reddit filename
You could have at least posted your epic ATF meme on Jow Forumsweekendgunnit.

at 50% to 100% infill with either ABS or PETG with a fine layerheight it would be fine.

Auto disconnecting disconnector

>did it for four years
>continued selling them after getting raided
>represented himself
The hero Jow Forums deserves

IIRC, this is the promotional video, reuploaded youtube.com/watch?v=05ltSwePmU4
It kinda has a "how do you do, fellow gun owners?" sting operation feel to it. But as the video said, it's just a piece of metal you have to bend and get to the specs of an auto sear.

Attached: sears-brochure.gif (792x792, 3.63M)

lolno, with this part you could easily manage injection molding tier strength

Option 1
>spend money ordering full-boogie parts >paper trail
>permanently modify your firearm
>be out shooting and nosey faggot comes over to check it out, get busted

Option2:
>aquire dirt cheap piece of sheet metal or even 3d print for .30 cents
>no paper trail
>no permanent modifications
>go out shooting, nosey faggot comes over to check it out. Hinge open your rifle and grab piece out and chuck it into the bushes. "Lol I just shoot fast"

Good idea. Use a poverty pony if testing. lulz

I don't think the pocket needs to be spec to work. It's just to make way for movement. I think you could file the material away from an existing lower, no need to buy one with the shelf already milled, necessarily.

you can buy them at brownells

I found the OP that sparked this post.

lulz, i found it from the thread, nevermind

The only mention of Swift Links I find on google go back to ARFCOM. The Swift Link popped up on Page 500 of a FOIA request delivered in July, connected to the 10/1 shooting in Vegas. Since it was discovered in ARCOM, an SOT made a wire hanger version inspired by original. Seems the Swift Link was an ATF treasure card they were holding onto.

I know a local detective that worked the 10/1 shooting. I sent him a pic of the Swift Link and asked if Paddock used just bump stocks or if he also used conversion devices. He seems to have known what the Swift Link was but wouldn't confirm or deny if one was used.

This is about as much information we've got on the paddock shooting since it happened, but normies forgot so glow in the darks just wash their hands

Attached: zv4Ju2p[1].jpg (457x1024, 45K)

Media was happy to move onto the next Trump scandal, which may or may not have been overfeeding Japanese koi fish. That being said, is a swift link different to a lightning link? Didn't pictures show he used some kind of crank mechanism?

Wew lad. Good thing my dog is already dead.

Don't build it friend, you aren't anonymous here.

I remember there was an image here with the dimensions for a lightning link that you could print out, stencil on and cut out some sheet metal, bend and heat treat. It would often be in infographic threads

The real question will a semi auto BCG work with this trick?

Found it on desu archive.

Older threads are saying you need a colt bolt for these to work - is that right?

That's right, because the bolt carrier engages the LL tab behind the rear lug. You could also install a burst fire trigger and disconnector to enable safe/fire/auto

NO

SL works with an M16 BCG and semi auto FCG.
LL works with SP1 BCG and semi auto FCG
DIAS works with M16 BCG and M16 FCG

Why can't I find any pics of the arfakit parts? Well, I found one. But other than that, the only other pics came from the ATF FOIA. I think, but I'm not certain, those black bars are inserts to give regular profile AR bolt carriers an M16 profile ledge. and you clamp them into the rear of the bolt carrier. In this pic, they're straight. Makes me wonder if ATF pics are properly bent, because the ATF provided finished profile and the hanger profiles are very different.

Attached: 24173w7.jpg (450x600, 61K)

>I've never actually seen dimensioned drawings of these.
wonder if we can write the guy in prison and ask him for the dimensions. kek

He would probably give them to you.

Went good. 4 dogs killed. No other casualties.

3D printing you say?

Will this work for other firearms?

>I feel like I know a lot about guns, blows my mind I've never come across these.
You must be new here...

Can you perhaps share?

It's possible it also works on the M16 and the m4.

bump, this is interesting

This is totally doable and looks easily adjusted. You might be able to make it work for some aftermarket triggers as well.

>This looks like it's harder to make than a regular DIAS.
IF ONLY I KNEW STAMPING... AND THE ATF WEREN'T COCKBAGS WHO GARGLE THE CUM OF A MILLION NIGGERS!

cool thread

Attached: atftrap.jpg (2100x1500, 316K)

infrequent peruser of Jow Forums

desuarchive.org/k/search/filename/lightning/page/2/

Might be able to use in Semi-Auto bolts. Kind of maybe. Looks like the OG ARFAKIT included self-install brackets that clamp into the semi bolt carriers and create the needed ledge that the M16 has. Also looks like the screw clamp construction is easy to improvise.

Is it really that hard to get ahold of a FA BCG? If you're willing to go through the trouble of manufacturing one of these why not just get the correct BCG?

This is a cool thread.

Like 95% of BCGs out there are FA.

How would this work if your selector has that notch that keep it from going to full fun position?

i believe it essentially converts the semi position to full auto. i'm just guessing though

IKR. Finally a good NFA thread without faggots posting dae atf memes everywhere.

Look closer at the layout posted above. It just turns all semi fire into full, no third position involved.

Bump

Stock

ATF OPEN UP!

They got Cody from defense des for the 3D gun printer

For underage sex with an illegal operation so who will be next to create a new milling 3D printer??

We need fresh faces out there staring at these Jews deep in their eyes that they won’t take our guns using whatever agency they introduce to the market of your the bad guy cuz your freedoms ain’t free

Attached: A45B7029-1DF0-497F-883E-7B35D1A7716F.jpg (686x569, 44K)

Oh hey, look what Jow Forums gave me!

Attached: Lightning Link CAD.png (1636x1491, 3M)

Only useful if you have an sp1 carrier. This is both easier to make and works with the most common FA carrier.

>outside OP's house
BANNED
A
N
N
E
D

Attached: 1531697807598.jpg (1200x789, 215K)

Yes, that was established earlier in the thread. In fact, that's kind of what this entire thread is about is it not?

go back

Attached: 1494276315121.jpg (1920x1164, 1.08M)

No need, I'm already there. And here. AT THE SAME TIME!

Is there an animation or graphic showing this? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it...

lightning link

Attached: 1531931639024.jpg (1988x1390, 371K)

Attached: 56435CA6-FB97-4122-8CE1-7401CBD6FC83.png (1348x470, 57K)

It overrides the disconnector the moment the bolt is in battery, the bolt carrier strikes the link which then presses down behind the disconnector, pivoting it out of the way to free the hammer

for the sake of machine curiosity, is that really all it would take to get v&, so simple?

youtu.be/aDWVYYJN_2Q?t=47
This guy modified his to enable select fire with a some of a burst fire control group, but full auto

You would still have to find a way to get a strike on the firing pin. If you could do that, then yes. I guess potentially you could just jam the firing pin forward and tack weld it or some shit but then you'd run the risk of premature primer detonation and that would be catastrophic.

It's also easier to install and remove. Unlike the LL that you have to thread around the disconnector this literally just drops in and drops out.

>open bolt blowback 5.56 rifle
no thanks spook, but i like the way you think

That's what the 5/8" rod is for. When the bolt carrier goes into battery and stops it rear ends the now exposed firing pin and sets off the round.

"This has obviously never been tested" but I'm wondering how that would stay in place. Gotta go take a look at my bolt now

Its not really blow back when you still need the gas operation to cycle

how is a certain shape of metal consider a fucking machine gun. wtf!