”direct impingement”

>”direct impingement”
>”STANAG magazine”
>”NATO length”
>”suppressor”
>”platform”
>”point blank range”

Attached: 816EDD2A-B316-47EE-9903-F2262A5D5601.jpg (640x896, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silencer_(firearms)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is there some point to this? I don't get it

>"running"

>>point blank range
What else are you supposed to call it? Up close shooty tooty?

Attached: 1542795386030.gif (200x300, 824K)

This is beyond a shitpost. You should feel really bad about yourself, OP. Please voluntarily refrain from posting ever again.

Attached: ce9188e92884c3aaae14fc9de6e093cc.jpg (384x328, 35K)

incorrect or stupid terminology people use

“Point blank range” is simply the range a projectile can hit something by shooting directly at it. Point blank range for 5.56 is about 100 meters.

>Warsaw length
>European mag release
>American mag release
>overpenetration
>truck gun

Attached: 03AFA47A-1F1F-498B-8203-8BBCB547D957.jpg (750x1000, 39K)

>by shooting directly at it.
uhh. you mean aiming at it?
>Point blank range for 5.56 is about 100 meters.
this would be completely subjective, but if you're not retarded and we're going with the definition above, you require zero adjustment for 0 to at least 300 yds.

>you mean aiming at it?
You can aim at something while taking gravity into account. “Point blank” is talking about how flat-shooting something is.

>”9mm is just as good as .45 auto according to FBI statistics!”

Attached: FC2968C6-3CEF-491C-8DE6-0BF8B01055B7.jpg (638x1000, 100K)

It's not talking about how flat shooting a weapon is. Just shooting at something that is well within the weapons range.
>wow that's a really point blank gun
No one says this.

I always assumed "point blank" was where the target is within a few yards of you so you can
"magdump" without any loss of accuracy.

It is, 80 some odd% effectiveness. Same as all the other popular calibers. Save .380.

No, I mean every firearm has a “point blank” range where bullet drop from gravity is negligible. It doesn’t just mean shooting something from three feet away like they say in the movies.
It’s a technical ballistics term, but people misuse it.

Yes, and calling a firearm a "point blank shooter" is beyond retarded. An object can be within point blank range of a weapon. This is the correct use of the term. Not "that weapon is a real point blanker" like you seem to think.

To be fair, people hunt medium game with .45 Super.

>"silencer"
>"krinkov"
>"weapon system"

Attached: 1520561758651.jpg (588x823, 146K)

>”that weapon is a real point blanker”
Where in this thread did I ever say that?

Attached: 297F5050-4EE8-42E6-B352-51DDD35E7A89.jpg (430x381, 21K)

>NUH UH It is just as good!

Ahhhh there he is.

>inb4 some contextualless bar graph derived from some macro “””study””” where they take neither shot count or placement into account

Attached: 6A7FDD28-79A5-48B5-8972-6660FADDF3AE.jpg (1024x675, 56K)

Back up your initial claim if you are so sure of yourself.

FBI report > internet denizens with confirmation bias

>silencer
But that’s the real, legal name for them though.
>krinkov
Yeah that’s a fuddlore term.
>weapon system
I think something like the MK23 with LAM and silencer could technically be considered a “weapons system,” since it was adopted as a composite of those three components.

It does not quantify the weapons ability to shoot flat or not. It's about hitting a target within the range of the weapon before drop occurs.

>It’s about hitting a target within the range of the weapon before drop occurs.
Ok, we’re in agreement then.

Attached: 3AB1E5D0-5AB5-4A87-A46B-A6F2E3761DD4.jpg (400x400, 27K)

>internet denizens who have confirmation bias
A>Certainly this flagrantly corrupt political organization with a political agenda to hire minorities and women doesn’t have a bias

The whole study was built around trying to basically reduce disqualification rates for its agents, the majority of which are out of shape desk jockeys. And also to reduce cost. 9mm is a good and relatively cheap round and poorfags love it because of that. but don’t tell me it is as good as the .45 auto, .40 S&W or .357 SIG

>niggers are humans and CZs aren't for virgin faggot loser neckbeards

Attached: 1514960025096.png (230x219, 7K)

Suppressor makes more sense than silencer

>silencer
Is a misnomer

“Suppressor” was a term people came up with to make silencers seem less scary to gun grabbers. I mean, yeah, we all know they don’t completely “silence” a gunshot, but that’s still the legal term their inventor originally called them.

>Being a virgin is a bad thing

Attached: 1514854633625.png (1200x800, 263K)

>t. has never used a CZ

I agree that niggers aren't humans, but I honestly don't understand all the hate for CZ. I have a Rami BD and it's a fantastic little brick of a gun.

>American inventor Hiram Percy Maxim, son of Maxim gun inventor Hiram Stevens Maxim and co-founder of the ARRL, is usually credited with inventing and selling the first commercially successful silencer around 1902, receiving a patent for it on March 30, 1909.[2][3][4] Maxim gave his device the trademarked name Maxim Silencer,[5] and they were regularly advertised in sporting goods magazines.[6] The muffler for internal combustion engines was developed in parallel with the firearm silencer by Maxim in the early 20th century, using many of the same techniques to provide quieter-running engines, and in many English-speaking countries automobile mufflers are called silencers.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silencer_(firearms)

because you dont know what it means?

OP is a know nothing faggot, more at 10

It’s just a meme started by shitposters that has no basis in reality.

>Point-blank range is any distance over which the trajectory of a given projectile fired from a given weapon remains sufficiently flat that one can strike a target by firing at it directly. Point-blank range will vary by a weapon's external ballistics characteristics and target chosen. A weapon with a flatter trajectory will permit a longer maximum point-blank range for a given target size, while a larger target will allow a longer point-blank range for a given weapon.

>In popular usage, point-blank range has come to mean extremely close "can't miss" range with a firearm, within four feet of its muzzle at moment of discharge yet not close enough to be a contact shot.

Proofs?

>stopping power

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)

And...? It’s still a misnomer, even if the inventor named it silencer

That's the same logic SJWs use when they say there's more than two genders.
>"They're just pushing their agenda with "facts" and "science""
The FBIs report seems more credible than your theory

>direct impingement
AR-15s don’t operate by direct impingement. They operate by internal piston.
>STANAG magazine
No such thing. STANAG is an abbreviation for NATO STANdardization AGreement. AR-15 magazines were proposed to be standardized by NATO, but were never officially adopted.
>NATO length
People say this when they talk about longer buttstocks on civilian AK rifles. It’s just stupid, since I don’t remember NATO ever adopting any sort of standard for the Warsaw Pact’s service rifles.
>suppressor
See >platform
Calling guns “platforms” is just tryhard and stupid.
>point blank range
Already explained in detail earlier.

Sure. And suppressor is also a misnomer.

Not everyone knows that a silencer doesn’t actually silence. If there’s a better name for something, why not use that name?

... Ok? And maybe we should call popsicles “cold on the cob,” because that’s a more descriptive term for what they are too.

How

Except “popsicle” actually makes sense and is an accurate name for them. They’re flavored icicles. Popsicles. “Silencer” is flatout wrong

I'm sure vapid cunts don't know that bump stocks don't actually make a weapon automatic yet here we are.
Lets just all switch over to newspeak and forget about personal accountability or lord help us doing your own fucking research before asking a goddamn question. Jow Forums is the epitome in that regard.

Because that’s not the real name for them, and, more importantly, people started calling them that to try to make them more marketable to anti-gunners.

>the FBI is part of a massive conspiracy to fuck over certain calibers!
Dude.

And guns should be called “rooty-tooty point-and-shooties.”

It's an incorrect term. What's known as a colloquial misnomer.

>what is 10mm

Their real name is a misnomer. And if it makes it less scary to antigunners, the s what’s the problem?

You’re literally wrong. “Silencer” is, by definition, a misnomer.

Because fuck antigunners.

>do marginal with tool xyz
>craft up idea for new tool
>ask for bigger budget for new tool
>accountants happy
>FBI happy
>new tool makers happy
It's a win, win, win, win for everyone involved. Welcome to big business guy.

“Flying fish” is also a misnomer, because they don’t actually fly.

Attached: 66A524F0-D5A4-4BFC-87CC-66FB31372C5F.jpg (400x421, 31K)

Oooookay, how does that make suppressor not also a misnomer?

>has no basis in reality
Pic related is literally the average CZ owner

Attached: it's you.jpg (645x412, 59K)

It is not proof the FBI has an agenda and is making fake reports to silence opposition.
Occam's razor. It's just as it looks. A round bordering on 357mag power was too stronk for female agents and certain "men" to attain proficiency with and was more than what was needed.
You'll note in the FBIs report on handgun ballistics they don't lump 10mm with 40sw, 45acp, and 9mm.

No, cz's are fine. This damn meme is so new it still stinks like reddit's asshole.
CZ's has always been well like on Jow Forums up until a few months ago. This is retarded, and I don't even own a CZ

Bruh it's been a meme for 2 years now where have you been?

>female agents
Therein lies the problem.

I've been on a tactical kick lately, so I bought a new rig. I real hoot!

Maybe it's been a meme that long in the cesspool it originated from, but it's not a long standing opinion of Jow Forums

It's been memed on Jow Forums for two years dipshit.

Bullshit, it's thoroughly 2018

The report literally alludes to lower qualifications with the .40 S&W and that the ammo is more expensive. Do some homework you lazy bitch

Nope, this is resurgence. It started memeing 2 years ago fell off and picked right back up again because it got under this years wave of newfag's skin.

Well I guess we're at an impass, because I know that I've never seen the czoyboy meme on Jow Forums in any year prior to 2018. gg I guess

Hard to see what you weren't here for.

I'm not claiming to be some oldfag, but I've been here since 2014

>Krinkov
>Heckler And Coke

Attached: MACWojak2.jpg (541x571, 46K)

Maybe that's why HK is so salty. We cucked them into pronouncing their name how we want to instead of their way.

>Inventor is the guy who creates the initial design
>Calls it something
>Random zoomer 100+ years later goes bananas over the term
God damn you terminology fags are more annoying than the 'gif'/'jif' retards.

How can one's arms be so skinny but their head be so fat?

Is this a still from the live action American Dad movie?

AIDS

This person is literally agreeing with you and yet you continue to sperg

HK will fill your anus with dripping hot melting polymer if you don't behave, goy.

I thought it was an italian mob boss who invented it for assassinations

Attached: GHdHf5P_d.jpg (465x367, 13K)

what

Why in the fuck would reddit of all places make a meme about being a prancing lala boyfruit because you chose a specific brand of gun, you fucking mongoloid.

Attached: 1542735830778.png (552x391, 182K)

>down range
If you’re not at a military range and you use this term you’re a larping fag

>Being this autisticlly contrarian.
also
>”point blank range”
As opposed to "Very close range"

Fuck you.

It stinks of reddit in the sense that it is unfunny and over used, like pepe and wojak.

Attached: Snapchat-1804331874.jpg (1080x791, 73K)

>AR-15s don’t operate by direct impingement.
Die monster, you don't belong on this board.

It doesn't mean close. That's movie/journalist ignorance. Point blank range is the range (near and far) between which the round will hit the target with no holdover. Maximum point blank range is the widest point blank range you can achieve by adjusting your zero distance.

Correlation=/=causation

And they fuck us with their laws that they are slowly passing in blue to purple states and they are going to encroach in the red states in due time.

This

t. mad sigfag that his favorite gun will blow his dumb little head off.
also niggers should be executed en masse.

PBR on 5.56x45mm NATO is 200M.

Nice meme

>entire post is just muh ebin brainlet feels guy meme with comedy chevron'd terms i don't agree with
Reddit casualfags really fucked this place up.

Attached: 1535348756897.jpg (1024x1017, 122K)

It's a fucking suppressor

>endthread

Y'all mind if i get stuck in some uhhhhhhhhh motherfuckin plywood

>CZ is for hipster basedboys kys fag lol
>oh uh don't use 9mm though, anything but bespoke 10mm and 357 is for the common ignoramus

You're right, it's better.