Question: would allowing NICS to be accessible from a phone by anybody and giving each background check a unique hash...

question: would allowing NICS to be accessible from a phone by anybody and giving each background check a unique hash number be a good way to get Democrats to shut up?

Attached: A22BDFFE-F45D-4C76-9210-741D830A9BAB.jpg (768x512, 51K)

Democrats won't stop until every gun is literally just in the government's possession because they're too naive and pussywhipped to believe mommy government wouldn't go against the people.

Fuck no, it'd turn it into even more of a clusterfuck than it already is.

This. Democrats don't care about reducing crime. Gun crime could fall to 0 and they'd still come for our guns

They've even admitted that it "won't stop all gun crime". Then what's the point, assholes?

That's actually what we have in Massachusetts through the state police for sales between individuals.

Works fine but of course it's a backdoor to registration which can and has been used for confiscation. So fuck that.

"we have to do something."

Ok we did something but now knife mugging and stabbing have become a real problem. Remember that crazy white kid who brought a knife to school to settle a matter between her ex's new bf? We need to do something....

It wouldn't shut them up, but I'd unironically support it as long as
>has same ATF standards for not having records kept permamently - likely force an even shorter period of record-keeping, if any at all
>not legally required, just an option for private individuals

It'd be nice to have the peace of mind selling a gun to someone to have an extra check to make sure they're someone who isn't hiding some big red flag without having to go through an FFL. Plus, being able to do a NICS check without a gun purchase would be pretty handy for certain things - if someone can't be trusted to own a gun, why should I trust them with anything else important?

The real problem is that any implementation of it will inevitably lead to it becoming a registry in all but name and likely be mandatory for any private sales.

Ok so we banned all knives and guns but the crime rate isn't getting better. People are resorting to bats, sticks and regular tools in sheds are being stolen. Some guy stole a jackhammer and threatened to beat someone up for money. We need to do something about this...

my proposal was a hash code that would only be evidence that a check was run, not so much for a firearm or anything. only the FBI could check the full contents of the check, Joe schmoe would only see a green check mark or a red X depending on a pass or a fail

Yeah that'd be the ideal way - some form of encryption combined with inundating it with enough non-gun requests that it becomes useless as a registry.

it'd be ideal for employers too; fast and easy background checks for anyone you're hiring.

Tech is the glownigger's playground. This is bad.

I always wondered about “waiting periods” since in Mass you can always buy a gun right then and there with no wait. This is apart from the 3 month+ waiting period and ridiculous concept of being required to obtain an LTC just to buy guns of course.

Great, now anyone can run background checks on anyone else.

funny thing is I hate over reach and cant stand the
Gov. that said I think this would be great. but the point of NICS isn't to check if people should have guns that is secondary. it is to report who has guns and where they are. if it could be done with a simple sell/no sell id be ok with it.

No. There is no compromise because they want to ruin everything. Look at England.

Just forget it. Nothing ever shut Democrats up and the only side that have to give 'compromises' are the Reps. They could literally have it all, complete control, and they would still ask for more. That is just how they function.

And that is why they must be fought. Just standing still waiting for the next attack will never gain any advance.

Combine it with a system for checking ID for tobacco and liquor purchases. Guaranteed to spam the hell out of the system.

Of course, some crusader will want to turn it into a way to track alcohol purchases for social engineering purposes, or some such.

Control

"Its all for the greater good"

Attached: Gun_Control_Intensifying.gif (341x376, 1.81M)

Why would I care whether a libtard shuts up or not? I just ignore the little yippy dog next door.

>it's a backdoor to registration
I'm old. I couldn't read the serial number correctly.

Serial numbers are combinations of 'I', '1', 'O', '0', 'B', and '8' when?

>be a good way to get Democrats to shut up?
Fuck no. They have public stated they will never stop. They want us to be the miserable shithole we fought a war to gain independence from in the 1700's.
Fuck gun control, fuck freedom haters, and fuck you for actually entertaining the idea of trying to appease them.

The little yippy dog next door isn't trying to fill your yard with illegals and trying to take as much of your money through taxes while stripping you of your civil liberties.

Nothing short of waving a magic wand and making guns vanish is going to shut them up.

Well for one, they will never shut up.