How do i stop being a bitch?

How do i stop being a bitch?
I got my first gun the other day, and while I've shot .22 before I've never shot anything this big before. I keep catching myself flinching , and while my shots are on the paper my groups are shit. Do i just have to keep shooting until I get used to it?

Attached: 330px-Colt_Autentica.jpg (330x206, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCRE3QeHZgc
youtube.com/watch?v=tUqwsJtUQRo
youtube.com/watch?v=auBxNXlVIMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also why the fuck is it so hard to see targets past like 10 yards?

Shoot more dumbass.

Thanks for the advice boss.

Not him, but it’s true. Shoot more, note your mistakes, and you’ll eventually get used to it.

When starting out anticipating the shot is a killer. When pulling the trigger focus on the sights and SLOWLY apply pressure to the trigger. You want it to be a surprise when it goes off. SQUEEZE DON'T PULL. After you start to git gud you can start "choosing" the break with deliberate trigger presses.

>squeeze dont pull
the fuck does this mean

>t. virgin

Attached: 1512703929367.png (449x401, 320K)

If you want to blame the tool, instead of yourself, this gun isn't among the most accurate - the sights, for one thing. Another is reports of the cylinders being over sized in many instances.

Don't pull the trigger like you would pull a lever, slowly squeeze it with the pad of your finger

Christ you people are a bunch of idiots
>>just keep shooting wrong and eventually you won’t shoot wrong

OP see

Thats not the gun i have, its just the first picture i had saved. But I am shooting with Uberti Schofield replica in .45lc. I know it has some limitations but I'm not going to blame the tool when I know I have improvement I need to make

Practice the 4 fundamentals of shooting, dry fire a bit if you have to. If you don’t shoot then of course your skills won’t be that great, even Simo Häyhä was a regular shooter.
Get better sights, or it could just be the revolver/whatever you’re shooting.

The sights seem fine, but the target gets really blurry past 10 yards, and i can't see the bullet holes so I don't know where im hitting until i bring the target in

You probably need glasses if you can't see 45cal holes at 10yards.

Shoot more, literally focus on the front sight, and stop caring about what happens after the sear breaks.

Lots of good advice already that I am not going to repeat.

If you want to help train away your flinching, load your revolver with a random mix of live rounds and empty brass. Better yet, have a buddy do it for you. Then shoot. You'll catch yourself flinching every time you drop the hammer on an empty case.

>and i can't see the bullet holes so I don't know where im hitting until i bring the target in
Your vision should be on the target. Don't focus on the gun's sights, focus on the target.

This series by on handgun shooting by Paul Harell might help you.
youtube.com/watch?v=lCRE3QeHZgc
youtube.com/watch?v=tUqwsJtUQRo
youtube.com/watch?v=auBxNXlVIMw

This is wrong. Focus on the front sight.

Follow this advice
For flinching, just shoot more. For a quick fix, find someone shooting an AK with a big brake on it. Just go stand next to him. Guaranteed to cure it. AR pistol works too.

Nah, I mean after ive shot I like to look at the target at see where i hit, and i can't see it

Buy a spotting scope or cheap 10x compact binoculars.

Is pic related your gun? I learned to shoot pistol with a double action revolver, and how my buddy's dad taught me was to load some of the cylinders with spent shells, so I wouldn't know whether the gun was going to go bang or not when the hammer dropped. You'll definitely notice the flinch when you land on a spent chamber, so you'll be more aware of it and correct it. It improved my shooting immensely.
is right.

Squeeze the trigger and don't anticipate recoil. Let the recoil surprise you and absorb it. Have a good grip and good stance. Focus on a good sight picture, but don't let it keep you from pulling the trigger. When I first started I'd often stop squeezing to adjust my sight picture and it would fuck me up. Dry firing helps too.

>But I am shooting with Uberti Schofield replica
>dry fire a bit
don't do this. buy some snap caps.

do more shooting with a smaller gun, even .22
focus on your trigger pull, grip, and aim with the smol stuff and then apply it to larger calibers

Are you using the correct eye?

Shoot more, put up a target on a wall at home and practice with snap caps,
I dont get out shooting as much as i used too and i have actually improved my offhand shooting quite a bit just aiming at a 1" square of tape on my basement wall.

practice, my son

Attached: 1538326140267.jpg (568x622, 82K)

Attached: 1540196863075.jpg (720x720, 71K)

Attached: 1540329820193.jpg (450x347, 24K)