Want to buy manhurin mr73

>want to buy manhurin mr73
>lots of 4" available for 500 shekels
>long barrels all 3,000 shekels
What the fuck

Attached: 1544572624106.jpg (1066x482, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Manurhin MR73
bkgrips.com/?page_id=12
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Every 200 level econ class.jpg (260x327, 21K)

>2500 shekels for an inch of metal

Supply and demand moron.

Fuck it ill get a ruger security six

Rebarrelling it can't be more expensive than 2500 shekels, right?

May as well just grab a sw 19-5

The the long barrels are far more rare than the mid lengths and therefore cost a lot more.

You want to see crazy prices try and find a 2 1/2" or >8"MR73.

It would be interesting to see someone put a Colt barrel on one, in the manner of the "Smolt" conversions, though I'll be damned if I'm going to do that with mine.

There's one with some pretty fucked up bluing that's been floating around gunbroker for a while. It's ugly but appears to be mechanically sound. Might be a good candidate for a custom job like that since it's already of low collector value due to the finish.

Post link to $500 MR-73.

gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Manurhin MR73

Not a single gun with "buy it now" under $850...

Don't take price out of equation you dumb shit.

>$500 MR-73
But I just paid $690 for a beat up one and thought that was a decent price (and have to pay more to import it to my state). Did I fuck up?

Attached: 90d.jpg (600x592, 34K)

A little for 4". But its a classical weapon so its not like you are buying it for minmaxing.

those subnosed are so fucking accurate you have idea, i manage to make a grouping no bigger than my hand at 25 meters with .38spc

Attached: DSC_0012.jpg (2514x1419, 1.22M)

>Did I fuck up?
No. this faggot can't provide a SINGLE link to a $500 Manhurin. Lowest he could do was $850.

>those subnosed are so fucking accurate you have idea

Nice, but I do have an idea because I own one too. Mine has the box like yours, though I am afraid the box is not as nice condition. That said, I do have a 9mm conversion cylinder though!

>That said, I do have a 9mm conversion cylinder though!
nice, i had a chance to get one but it was before i got the gun, so maybe next time

>Giving your shekels to a Turkroach company
Yeah because people get rich by buying overpriced things

>MR
>turk
what ? are you retarded ?

If you find one, jump on it. The 9mm cylinders are extra rare because at some point early in their production (I don't recall the exact year) France banned the private ownership of firearms in "military" calibers. They considered 9mm a "military" caliber so the 9mm cylinders were soon discontinued.

The Colt/Ruger mashups are pretty neat, honestly.

Attached: RugerPython.jpg (900x506, 347K)

it was in 1995, even the cops were affected by it ( the police, not gendarmerie ) so they had the MR88 made for them and the older MR73 were rechambered in 38 only by the Atelier Ducros ( half of the convertion were shit and not allowed to be used )

Look at his comment about supply/demand. At best he's pretending to be retarded.

What is it with French firearms having shitty conversions?
>TFW you will never get a proper .308 chambered MAS49

Attached: MAS 49.jpg (602x300, 23K)

I find those rather meh. I've got nothing against Rugers (I own multiple) I just don't get the point of that conversion. If I am going to pay for, or take the effort to do, gunsmithing on that kind of level then I want something better than a Ruger trigger.

I'd rather build a Smolt and get the Smith trigger; I value that higher than the Ruger's durability advantage for a fun custom gun.

The way I see it, if I were to make (or acquire) a gun like that, I'd want it to be passed down forever, you know?

>No one complains about Ruger barrels
>Everyone complains about Ruger triggers

I fail to see the point of that gun beyond trolling.

most of it are gov't contract, and gov't don't like firearms and don't give a shit about its own industry, the only military converted firearms you'll find here in france are made by gunshop themselves

Being an armurier in France sounds like hell, though.

yeah, 90% of the job is fixing/cleaning hunting rifles, the rest is actual gunsmith work

I get the idea of making cool custom guns and passing them down, I just don't see the point of that specific conversion. It's a great barrel paired with a lousy trigger. What's the purpose?

If you want a reliable gun just use the Ruger. Why change the barrel at all? OTOH if you're willing to spend the time/effort/money to build a fancy gun then why would you choose the Ruger frame over a Smith? I guess if you wanted to experiment with some really hot handloads? I can't think of any other reason to choose the Ruger frame over a Smith (or other) frame.

Aesthetics, maybe? I don't know ANYBODY who likes the Hillary Hole.

When will Ian make a video on it? It isn't a weird revolver mechanically, but the creation and production of this gun make for a nice story.

>beat up one
Doesn't matter, those are undestructible. It's a decent price if you don't care about looks and just want to shoot it.

>Aesthetics, maybe?
Again, why? Nothing against Rugers, but looks aren't exactly their strong suit either.

>>Hillary Hole
I hate that too. Thankfully there are gazillions of pre-lock Smiths out there that are readily available. I just bought pic related for a project build, actually.

Attached: pix188314171.jpg (640x480, 120K)

>Aesthetics, maybe?

This. Yeah you can disable it but it's always gonna be staring you in the face like a pimple on the ass of a supermodel.

>pre-lock Smiths

Check this shit out I just got off GB for $250 shipped. Ancient chop job. I can't wait to see how it looks after I get all the rust off and refinish the grips.

Attached: pix250720821.jpg (567x425, 81K)

Hopefully the timing isn't fucked. I'd be hesitant to buy a used revolver online.

Attached: revolver buying guide.jpg (1200x2160, 781K)

If I was going to refinish the gun I'd just take out the internal lock and then weld up the hole in the frame.

Looks like the perfect start for a sweet project.

>just spend copious of amounts of money on overpriced weapons because I control the supply and demand goy!
No.

>>gun prices at public auction are a jewish conspiracy
really bro? are you that dumb?

Seller claims timing is fine but lockup has some wiggle which is normal for a gun of this age. For $250 I was willing to gamble. I've never bought a lemon from GB. Pic related is the 1948 M&P I got off GB.

Attached: 100_2493.jpg (2048x1536, 958K)

I'm tempted to "fitz" it...

Attached: Fitz S&W 1917 .45 ACP.jpg (467x700, 34K)

"military calibers" were never outright banned but people didn't but guns in them because they didn't want to deal with paperwork and registration (before the "military caliber" laws were abolished you could buy guns OTC). 9mm cylinders are rare because the 9mm conversions were shit and uncomfortable to shoot so police got rid of them.

Special snowflake gun that was re-barreled to .308 because Century makes FALs and G3s

Actually, a better question is why were there never any aftermarket magazines made for them? They are literally a clip pinned to the outside of what is equivalent to the dimensions of an FAL magazine

Not that I doubt the gun, but a hand sized grouping at 25m isn't that amazing.

4 inch is just 500? That doesn't sound like a bad deal to me, now I just need an extra 500. My work license should come in by January at the latest, so I can get started then.

What gun?

What is the name of that spacer thing in front of the grip? I'm receiving a model 10 for christmas, but it has aftermarket rubber grips and I may want to switch back to wood.

It's called a grip adapter or a T-grip.

bkgrips.com/?page_id=12

Service grips + a grip adapter is hand sex.

Attached: 7ePqlI.jpg (3872x2592, 679K)

Thanks user, I appreciate it.

For 3K you should get a Korth.

MR73>Korth, though admittedly not by much.

Lmao no. The only reason not to use a Korth is the price but otherwise it's superior in quality, MOA, trigger smoothness, assembly, etc. This doesn't mean the MR73 is worse as a revolver but Korth is just more refined.

Please don't.

And why do you believe this to be so? The Korth has much more handfitting, and is made out of tool steel. The MR73 is a lot cheaper though, and gives roughly the same performance. But if we're measuring up every millimeter on those gun, Korth wins.

Glad someone else here isn't a semester from /v/, at least we should be glad he didn't say...

>Colt Python>MR73>Korth

>MOA
but its not

The 4" you are seeing are police surplus, aren't blued, and can be quite horribly worn, though most are just moderately worn. $500 is still a bargain, and I doubt you're actually seeing even those blown out copsurp MR73s sell for $500 anymore. The $3,000 ones are commercial models, not abused or surplus, are high polish blued like a fine heirloom and have likely been kept in like-new condition.

This person is probably retarded.

Why not? It's already been bubba'd by that chopped barrel and custom front sight for probably longer than I've been alive. It's not like it's some minty piece of S&W history I'd be cutting up. Besides we're about to enter an ice age and I need a gun I can use with heavy gloves on...

In that case, go all the way and make it a detachable trigger guard.

That's not how a Fitz Special is done tho...

Attached: Fitz Special6.jpg (639x426, 50K)

Detachable trigger guards are common among cold weather service firearms. Fitz specials just don't sit well with me for safety reasons.

In order for a Fitz to go off something has to put 10+lbs of force directly back on the trigger while something else puts 10+lbs of force holding the gun still. I'd feel safer with a Fitz tucked in my pants mexican carry than I would a Glock.

Attached: Fitz Holster.jpg (1224x1632, 446K)

Well, I own both. And in my experience the MR73s are better fitted and have a superior trigger. If you care about high tech manufacturing sort of things the MR73 wins there too. It has impact-finished chambers which are significantly harder and smoother than Korth.

The durability also favors Manurhin given the incredibly high standard the French military had (surviving years of training firing 150 rounds of full house magnum ammo daily).

Just to be clear I am talking about the original Mulhouse production MR73s, not the more recent manufacturing by Chauplis. I don't own one of those so I can't comment on that.