Why does Jow Forums love this piece of shit

Every website says the same thing
>shit qc
>poorly mounted front sights
>awful fitting furniture
>subpar stock and foregrip wood/grains
>shit metals in the bolt/etc
Are you guys *trying* to get me to waste my shekels? Why dont i see Arsenal posted more? Its just WASR, WASR, WASR

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-17-14-31-09.png (1440x2560, 351K)

Arsenal is head and shoulder above WASR.
WASR was passable at 350$, at 700$ you should just spend 900$ on an Arsenal, which is actually good.

everyone here is a poor fag neet. this is why

Because for the price you could buy a Arsenal at from $900-$1,200 or more, you could buy pre-ban russian or chinese AKs at the same price which are better quality and what is recommended the most for the same price point in /akg/ you nigger.

6000+ rounds through mine and it still shoots fine
((((american made)))) aks are cast garbage

WASRs are fine as long as it's the 10/63 with 1970s trunnions

I just bought a 10/63 as my first AK and it says 1978. What's so different about these ones?

they're built with actual milsurp parts

The older rifles had billeted barrels vs the hammer forged ones the new ones are made with. Current ones are made with parts that are milspec. All these issues people complain about have been fixed.

Gotcha. Saving for the arsenal then. Thanks all

No love for paps :(

Attached: IMG_20181207_162603.jpg (3024x4032, 3.46M)

How are things back in 2007? Make sure you stock up on cheap Nuggets.

Nigger please. Add to the discussion or take your canned response and gtfo. Im reading all kinds of shit that QC still sucks dick in 2018. You cant even refute it without some weak ass meme response

Why the fuck does an AK even cost as much as it does? You can get way better rifles for $500. I really want one but I can’t justify spending that much comparatively.

Attached: CA38E9FE-8FA7-43BD-B37C-023632C7C4F8.jpg (1024x682, 140K)

Nothing needs to be refuted. Rifle is fine salty user. You would have owned one for cheap already anyways if you weren't a newfag gun owner.

does the front sight move on you?

Man your assumptions never end. Keep projecting, its almost becoming funny

>shit qc
Hasn't been the case in years
>poorly mounted front sights
It's a standard AKM front sight post. I don't even know what you're trying to say here unless it's canting, which hasn't been an issue in years.
>awful fitting furniture
Blame 922r for that, get surplus faggot.
>subpar stock and foregrip wood/grains
Get surplus furniture faggot
>shit metals in the bolt/etc
Wrong gun retard.

Market is really fucking bad. Sanctions on Russia for their fuckery in Ukraine and the UK dried up a big part of the supply, meaning the remaining quality imports and builds get to have their way with the market. The fact that every domestically-produced AK is a piece of shit hasn't helped matters.

You should really only pick up an AK if you want to build one, are a slavaboo, or want a retardedly appreciating asset. I picked up an unconverted VEPR for $950 ($1000 once background check and taxes factored in) back in August, and its value has already shot up like $200-$300 in my area.

>Didn't buy a cheap as dirt WASR years ago
>I'M NOT NEW
How are your early 20's treating you

There is absolutely nothing wrong with post 2008 WASRs. The exception to this is the furniture on the newest ones, which admittedly shit and should be replaced with surplus wood ASAP.

At these prices, nobody should be buying AKs period unless they are something special, which stamped Arsenals and WASRs most certainly are not.

You're right of course, but he has a good point now that WASRs are so fucking expensive.

>buy $700 WASR online
>after transfer, tax, and gunstore tip you're at $750-$800
>now buy $100-$150 worth of furniture just to unfuck it, or in a few weeks when the century shit splits apart
>in $850-950

Could get a fucking Arsenal.

My same thinking. Thanks user

oh you want a pretty and high quality of materials factory AK, you want it all? Triple that price
This is America

ARSENALS SUCK ASS

I have a couple of them and they are great rifles. They aren’t worth the prices today though.

A used WASR is like 300-500 $ cheaper then a Arsenal and will work just as fine

Well yeah, people who buy WASRs do stupid shit like catch their handguards on fire.

>gun store tip
My LGS only charges $10 for a transfer.
They get no fucking tip.

>gunstore tip

is this a hot new Jow Forums meme

Not at all, it's rock solid and perfectly aligned lol. Even the flip up front sight has pretty solid detents, but after a 75rd drum dump it's so covered in carbon to make our the white dot. Muzzle brake night fix that I'ma not sure, I don't like using the 3 dots anyways, maybe if they were illuminated

good to hear
I saw a review where the owner could push it back and forward with his finger.

Demand drives the prices up. I agree with you tho, the quality (or lack thereof) doesn't justify the cost.

Strange. Most things on this gun were tighter than virgin pussy, and covered in what I'm assuming is cosmoline or some similar brown gunk. The only thing that was relatively loose was the lower handguard lever, which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Attached: IMG_20181217_185404.jpg (3024x4032, 3M)

This is why your local range doesn't offer you crab legs.

Wasrs are shit and the meme about them being good needs to die.
T. Wasr owner

>tfw NPAP imports are gone

Attached: 1507918673338.png (802x1200, 1.15M)

WASRs were legitimately shit from 2003 when importation started until around 2008, when Cugir quit fucking around and realized the American market for ComBloc-spec AKs was exploding, and Century quit hogging out the magwells with fucking dremels and actually bought fucking CNC machines.

From 2008 until roughly 2015, the WASR still had the reputation those early guns had (rightly) earned, despite being quality guns.

In 2015 people starting coming around to the idea that the humble WASR was actually one of the last available AKMs produced on military tooling in a military Arsenal, to ComBloc specs.

In 2018, with Zastava imports dried up, almost everything else banned from import by sanctions, and the Arsenal 107rs being duds with shit metallurgy and trunnions that chip apart, it's the last choice for a good AK under $1000.

Most of the people who hate it are people who got into AKs before the WASR was seen to have redeemed itself and can't let go of the reputation it used to have, seemingly OP included.

no
unlikely
no
yes
absolutely not