Tesla Blames 2014 Model S Fire On Bullet Fired Into Car's Battery Pack

zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-17/tesla-blames-2014-model-s-fire-bullet-fired-cars-battery-pack
the guy is just going to claim there was a gun in the car when the fire happened and a round cooked off
>but california gun logic know no bounds
>wast time and money and publicity repossessing a car that was written off the books and forgotten years ago
>spend more money returning junked car minus the battery
>threaten persecution with worthless evidence

Attached: happyending.png (500x286, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IQdnb0iRAQA?t=326
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>roasties getting toasty

Attached: comical.jpg (800x811, 158K)

Coastie roasties no less.

Did you read your own link OP? This occured in PA.

The guy can claim whatever he likes, but we both know this vehicle fire was caused by the owner's negligence. He especially cannot get away with claiming a round cooked off if there was no fire-arm found in the vehicle.

>PA
Good, remove Teslas and their rich Lehigh Valley/State College owners from my Amishland or face fatwa

it happened in pistolvania no less. i doubt the cops will be interested in pursuing a 5 year old weapons charge

Anyone who owns a tesla in PA is a toasty roastie coasty who deserves to burn.

that's why he'll get away with it. just say in was in a case

the point i'm getting at is tesla aka california assholes are going all out because a gun was involved. it doesn't make sense to repo and return some 5 year old shit heap when the $ is already written off. and then threaten legal action

Dude shot a bullet into his cars battery pack to get a settlement out of Tesla and to make Tesla look worse. Fuck John ((((Schneider))).

>>wast time and money and publicity repossessing a car that was written off the books and forgotten years ago
>>spend more money returning junked car minus the battery
It's kinda in a car manufacturer's interest to know why their car suddenly caught fire you know. They don't want any unintentional Pintos. So it can be worth quite a bit to do your due diligence here. Then returning most of it, well, would they be legally allowed no to?
>>threaten persecution with worthless evidence
I see nothing at all of that. They're not even asking for him to cover the "significant expense" his actions are to ave cost them. He then sued them, not the other way around.

>He especially cannot get away with
>he'll get away with it
They settled, it's all past tense now. If the settlement is part of the lawsuit document then feel free to go trawling through it to see how things went for him, I sure can't be arsed.

Also, don't shove foreign objects into charged Li-ion batteries kids. This thing holds maybe a thousandth of the energy you'll find in a Tesla's batteries: youtu.be/IQdnb0iRAQA?t=326

the settlement was a free car and warranty. if they were doing their job it wouldn't of taken 4-5 years to find a bullet

If Tesla cars get a reputation for being prone to fire that could kill the company in a hurry. So when one of their cars catch fire, they really want to find some cause for it that wasn't their fault, and they want to make sure this becomes public knowledge. Whether it was a gun or not has nothing what so fucking ever to do with it, what matters is that it wasn't a flaw of design or manufacture. The investigation and a car or three is no money here, avoiding a reputation as a fiery death trap on the other hand is all the money. And then he took legal action, not Tesla. He sued them.

Interesting failure mode eh' be a shame if Tesla's started catching on fire fOr nO ReAsOn

>it wouldn't of taken 4-5 years
The car caught fire on December 31st, 2014. The letter to Schneider telling him they had found the bullet hole and wanted the replacement car back is dated January 21st, 2015. That looks a lot more like three weeks to me than 4-5 years. Three weeks doens't seem to bad to me for having the fire department do their thing, do the legal wrangling to get the car, ship it, pick the burnt out wreck apart into molecules, go over everything with a microscope, draw conclusions, and finally have the marketing and legal departments decide how to make everything happen in a suitable and legally solid way. You don't want to be hasty with these things, that can backfire quite badly.

>the settlement was a free car and warranty
They had an initial deal after the fire where he got a new car. That wans't a settlement, since no one had gotten sued at that point. When the bullet hole was found Tesla cancelled that. In return Schneider sued Tesla. That lawsuit was settled.

xd

Tesla’s are nerd cars. Every time I see someone driving one it’s some dad type NPR listening faggot. The big ass screen in the center console is ridiculous.

OP you faggot: The first rule of ZH is, YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT ZERO HEDGE.

If the guy shot the battery and then got a settlement out of Tesla for it, I'm pretty sure that would count as fraud.

i don't think i ever went to court they just signed him a new heavily discounted loan and warranty.
it happened the same day he bought the car though.

He took them to court when, upon noticing the bullet, they wanted the new car back. That's what was settled.