Canada General

New here? Want a firearm license? Read this: pastebin.com/Ndb2jSAu

Previous thread:

Attached: 1504050712028.jpg (960x960, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/s/stock-keeping-unit-sku.asp
rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/pol-leg/bill-c71-projet-de-loi/c71-grandfathering-droits-acquis-eng.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for no bullying

Attached: 1540486006897.jpg (618x741, 75K)

just a YETI bucket

I have a pretty big need for a STAG 10 though

Attached: 2HtcO8H.jpg (1535x2048, 1.11M)

First for based OP making the thread correctly, and using a photo with A LOT OF RED AND WHITE to make the thread easily identifiable

>STAG 10
this shit got expensive real quick.

Attached: 20181214 132751.jpg (1920x860, 720K)

Submitted my CF application online. How long until I get a response?

oh ok, i've never seen this bucket before

yeesh, I'll probably just buy stock since I can save 1k on a optic

I thought about that at first too, but then figured I'd want to change stock/grip/handguard/brake/gas block anyways. for aesthetics plus this was back when there was a slew of posts from people complaining about undergassing, that afterwards was for the most part tied to loose gasblocks under loose handguards.

Genuine question here cananons,
So somewhere in mid october i mailed in my application, recently i recieved a notice that the rcmp doesn't accept visa debit, so i decided to do a money order and mailed it back them the next day.
How long til my loicense comes by, or is it gonna come in January?

Attached: doomer.jpg (480x517, 45K)

Whenever they get around to it. You kinda just put yourself under the pile because of that, though... Pretty sure the pastebin says not to use prepaid/debit, though...

i did mine a couple weeks before christmas, i didnt get it until early february because of that

>recently i recieved a notice that the rcmp doesn't accept visa debit
reading the actual application form should have clarified that

Attached: thumb_jelly-brainlet-31527048[1].png (200x202, 10K)

It depends on how busy/lazy your local recruiting office is. I’d expect an email within a week. What’s your top trade choice?

P res artillery. Is it going to take a while because of christmas?

How the hell will the rcmp deal with the thousands of privacy firearm transactions they will have to deal with everyday once c71 passes?

Lads, do I need to be part of a gun club to be able to own and/or buy a handgun in Ontario?
Specifically Tor*nto/GTA?
I know that to fire a handgun I need to be at a range, but that's about it.
Can anyone clarify?

Attached: tired bugs.jpg (265x190, 5K)

No you don't.

>t. own a P30L in Ontario

Nope. One of the perks of being in Ontario. If a site from another province asks for it, just write N/A or something

>is it going to take awhile because of christmas

Probably yes, I know I’ve got block leave till the 6th of Jan as do some of my friends doing different shit than me so it might sit until after that. Just a guess, try calling the office and ask.

Attached: 6ECC6C24-4AC4-4970-BC35-914AB7B435C1.jpg (540x442, 48K)

burger here, just wanted to let you all know this OP image always makes me diamonds, and I love canada

Would you get a Savage 10 BA Stealth or a Tikka T3x CTR?

Savage.

Personal preference or does it have something better I might not know about?

Savage is a lot closer, so I guess if warranty work was ever needed it'd be easier. Larger aftermarket, etc. Both are good rifles, though.

When will the next or "updated" version of the wk180c come Out?
Or do gun manufacturers not do that?

Should I buy one soon or wait ?

Attached: 1544286698086.png (411x762, 240K)

Oh alright, I didn't think about this
Thanks m8

At the very least, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least make a few different SKU's (maybe having the receiver open only on one side or the other). That kind of thing takes time, though.

What do SMLEs go for nowadays?

3 much 5 me
I'd love to get a smelly one day, but not at those prices. I'll grab one at an estate sale or something.

the next "update" is a lower that takes ak mags, so if you want a 762 wait for that

$700 too much for you?

I've seen people asking for more than that for bubb-- I mean "sporterized" models.

odd, I usually see the 'sporterized' ones for about $500 or less, and the SMLEs in original condition going for about $700

They, quote, knew what they had.

>a few different SKU's
? what does this stand for ?

Quick rundown on CZ58's, which are restricted, and if the others will be soon, please?

Attached: Soldier winter.gif (353x200, 1.85M)

>a few different SKU's
? what does this stand for ?

would you guess on how long an update like this would take?

Attached: 1543986866497.jpg (987x602, 58K)

cz 858s are gonna get prohib'd
the kodiak ones are fine (as far as i know)
58s with 18.6 inchers are NR
the super shorts and 11.8" are R
Only the 858s are gonna get prohib'd the rest will be fine

Stock Keeping Unit.
investopedia.com/terms/s/stock-keeping-unit-sku.asp

Thanks!

yeah, i saw that when i googled it, but I thought it would be a gun or manufacturing term

The supply doesn't get its demands met, though, so prices shoot up. Guns usually don't get cheaper with age.

Firearm manufacturers, distributors and retailers still need to have a short-hand for each possible configuration of product. They're businesses like any other.

oh shit, lol. I was thinking stocks like Wall Street. lmao, I was just on Jow Forums, i guess that's why I thought of that. Thanks, I understand now

I'm gonna laugh the day vz58's reach 2k

>There are people out there with literally dozens of these things, all set up slightly differently

>ctrl+f
>anada
Is it really that hard?

How can I Diemaco/Colt Canada AR into US if at all?

Honestly anyone who doesn't do this is fucking stupid, if you want the cangen thread search for the cangen thread not lots of red and white like a primary school child

go through an importer like irunguns probably.

Would it be 922r compliant? I don't know that bit of your laws that well.

>Only the 858s are gonna get prohib'd the rest will be fine
Not even all of them, some 858's will actually be fine.
rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/pol-leg/bill-c71-projet-de-loi/c71-grandfathering-droits-acquis-eng.htm
>Generation 1 & 2 of the Cz 858 Tactical-2P, 2V, 4P, and 4V are unaffected
>Generation 3 are eligible for grandfathering

i would guess first units next summer, dealer shelves about this time next year but im no insider

Sneak it across the border

This One of the easiest crimes to get away with here as we keep seeing

And getting caught would?

Just don't get caught.

All but 4 people of the thousands that are doing it every day have been caught in the past couple years. Just don't be pants on head retarded and you'll be fine. If you're brown Trudeau will give you a free pass too

Is there a titty version of this image?

why would they not accept debit? Isn't debit like the absolute best for anyone on the receiving end as they get there money instantly?

This is the government we're talking about; if they can make it convoluted and annoying they will.

nobody cares about your argument for it, it's not listed as a valid form of payment on the fucking form where you enter your payment info. that's a special type of stupidity and arrogance.

It makes it easier to spot if it's in the first row of the catalog, and sometime OP puts Jow Forumsanada instead of Canada so ctrl-f takes a couple of attempts. Plus it pleases my autism to have red and white for CanGens

>sometime OP puts Jow Forumsanada instead of Canada so ctrl-f takes a couple of attempts.
that's why the dude said ctrl+f "anada" because that works either way unless some brain dead retard does OP like a few threads ago and misses the subject line.

How can this be true? I've never been searched crossing the border, but I've never done anything illegal. I know people who have been searched and it's usually pretty random who does and doesn't.

SLR receiver developing hairline crack.

Attached: 20181217_195547.jpg (1102x1959, 416K)

Fairly certain its a crack. Doesnt seem like anodizing scratch.

Attached: 20181217_195556.jpg (1469x827, 217K)

isn't that the "not an AR" that costs 2k?

Attached: 1468627481614.jpg (256x192, 5K)

Examination under jeweler's loupe and bi-directional reflection convinces me it is material deformation and not a scratch.

Happens to line up where BCM MCMR handguard comes into close proximity/contact with this surface

Attached: 20181217_210922.jpg (1796x1010, 333K)

Its a $1000 receiver set that is non-restricted and accepts near-all AR parts.

Attached: 20181217_210948.jpg (1010x1796, 431K)

That looks pretty minimal. Based on their design and the plentiful dovetail rail surface, even if that corner sheared off, the receivers would stay locked together, but that is kinda crappy.

this is why you don't pay money to beta test guns, soup lad. should have gotten a Stag.

well i hope it turns out alright for you, user

Attached: 1490556792059.jpg (620x400, 74K)

Stag 10 is also only in big boy calibers. not exactly cheap to blast thousands of rounds through it

I am waiting to see if other owners with similar round counts on CGN have any similar damage. Im trying to get in touch with MacDef as well.

Definitely not happy about this if its a crack, but also I'm certain if this got even worse, it couldnt physically affect the function of the rifle - but still not acceptable.

Skeletor, I know you have an SLR, how many rounds you in? Can you do a thorough examination of your contact points?

ON A SEPARATE NOTE DO NOT BUY A STRIKE INDUSTRIES LATCHLESS CHARGING HANDLE ITS FUCKING TRASH

Attached: 20181217_195144.jpg (1377x2448, 662K)

Attached: 20181217_195153.jpg (918x1632, 422K)

it that a gun-toting version of wendy from gravity falls?

if i bought a wk180 and wanted to put a folding stock on it, would it be something I could do myself (ie fairly easy)? what options would I have?
t.no gunsmithing experience

Attached: 1491838285697.jpg (3264x4896, 1.47M)

>LATCHLESS CHARGING HANDLE
you fall for every meme out there. I distinctly remember telling you these are shit.

I myself have never been searched, the wife used to cross weekly, searched once, and the search basically consisted of looking through her bags for receipts. This was at the port huron border too. Do what the rest of the criminals do and place it in a magnetic box under the car

>testing items on a franken-build with my disposable income is falling for memes

k

Better I know now, and can share the knowledge with data and facts

like ~500
my lower doesnt look like yours, the anodizing on those points are still like new.
you sure you just didnt scratch it up/deform it while applying the MCMR? I know mine was super tight to get on

My MCMR was also tight going on, but it was slowly tapped on with a rubber mallet and Aeroshell grease on the barrel extension. If that tapping damaged the 7075 aluminium Im a monkey's uncle.

>data and facts
over rated, common sense has always worked for me.

Before you cross the border, get a spray tan and put an eagle feather in your hair. When they ask you what you are doing at the border, say something like "Big Chief Moose Claw wants little bear to deliver package to the homelands of his ancestral spirits" or some squaw mumbo-jumbo.
They'll let you through without hassle

Attached: 1518470700503.jpg (520x350, 39K)

dunno then man, my MCMR has a slight gap between the receiver and rail, they're not supposed to contact

I applaud you.

Most people were hiding them in their gas tanks but since they started searching those that's no longer an option

OKAY well, i keep looking at it and now Im pretty sure its just mild deformation from the MCMR and not a crack. I cant catch my fingernail on it as if it were a cracked, it feels smooth.

Mystery solved. Sorry if I gave any SLR haters a boner and blue-balled you.

>>testing items on a franken-build with my disposable income is falling for memes
Actually, it is. You could have asked literally anyone and they would have told you it's garbage, like the other user or literally everyone in /arg/. More purchase justification from soupfag, ladies and gentlemen

Cope

Literally anyone on CanGen could have told me the strike industries charging handle was garbage?

Can you offer quantifiable data on how many people on CanGen own/have used this item til breaking point? I have a feeling its zero and any advice I would have got here would amount to literally nothing and just:

>"lol dude just get a regular charging handle trust me because reasons I cant quantify"

If youre going to be a fudd and naysayer to everything just admit it, and leave people alone to buy what they like and want to try, Ultimately the $50 I blew on this junk piece is worth a lot more to me and other interested parties than your baseless opinion based on conjecture and anecdote.

>"everything that goes against my desperate need of this product to not be good is a cope"

k

Dont take my opinion only, ask Skeletor if he thinks its a good product.

Attached: 20181217_200805.jpg (3257x1832, 1.09M)

CGN dude blew up his X95 today with an out of battery round - Federal 5.56 it seems.

It was the first round he loaded to sight in an optic.

He should have bought the milspec Tar-21 and not the commercial meme-95.

Attached: x95.jpg (600x800, 66K)

I keep telling people these new Canadian not an ar things are SHIT

Attached: 20181216-161633.jpg (600x800, 50K)

>/arg/

>buying a jew gun

Even a fuckin type 97 hasnt blown up yet

When the first batch of TAR-21's came in, there were more than a few cases of slamfire (when dropping the bolt).