I’m picking up one of these because I want a big iron, and currently my only handgun is a glock 17

I’m picking up one of these because I want a big iron, and currently my only handgun is a glock 17

I have a hard time managing the recoil on the 17, and typically shoot low and right (shooting left handed). I’m going to start out with .44 specials, but what are some tips to help with recoil/flinching?

Attached: 11FAB2B2-D8E2-4A20-A89B-95BD1CD1CC28.jpg (768x576, 75K)

If you can't handle 9x19, don't do it. Get yourself long boi in .22 WMR, it'll be a lot more fun for you.

>what are some tips to help with recoil/flinching?
Start lifting if you don't already. As for flinching, have someone load up your G17 mags for you, mixing in some snap caps every now and again in an order you don't know. You'll see your flinch clearly with that and can learn to correct it.

>can't handle 9mm
>buys .44 to improve handling

Attached: 1534186940760.jpg (514x549, 54K)

If you can't manage 9mm (my god haha) 44 mag will blow your fucking arm off. Start lifting, weakling

This isnt a bad idea, I actually started with a .44 and consequently once I got gud with that, I could shoot anything comfortably without flinching. The single action trigger will be a new experience, and you'll hate your Glock trigger.

I’m still on an extended cut which has made me extremely weak, and I still have 20 pounds to go

Rip

Not OP but my recoil management/flinching in general could definitely be improved and my .44 redhawk is probably my gun I shoot the best

You don't get good at a skill like that overnight, anyway, so don't sweat it.
How many kcals are you eating per day?

This is the retarded and backwards way to learn to shoot.

~1500 OMAD keto

I’ve been stuck at almost exactly 180lbs for a couple weeks (I’m 5’10)

I perfectly understand where you're coming from.

Your fag plastic gun made you wish for an even bigger faggot cock still with not taste at all.

Attached: 1544330146445.jpg (4272x2848, 993K)

Or because I’ve enjoyed trying revolvers at the range and wanted one for hunting that uses the two main advantages revolvers have over autos (Longer barrels, and generally larger calibers)

Buy a dildo instead of a gun. You will be much happier.

Attached: 1542944644382.jpg (1500x1000, 350K)

>You enjoy a much stronger, more versatile design in a larger caliber more suited for hunting than an antiquated, weaker design that I’ve seen in movies
>you’re gay and have no taste

If you go .44 you should reload as that really drives the cost down. As .44 special (from memory) costs a lot, more then .44 mag. If I were you I would get a used .357 Blackhawk instead. I got mine for $300, though it was an unsafe one. It also has a fun amount of recoil.

>.44 special (from memory) costs a lot, more then .44 mag.
I've heard the opposite

Single action revolver recoil is not the same at all as shooting a semi-auto. With the revolver you can relax your arm and let the gun rotate some between shots to absorb more recoil.
Even if you get good taking _hot magnum loads_ I don't think it will apply much to your glock shooting. But you could do the revovler version of the ball and dummy drill and skip chambers when loading to work on your flinch.

Just a quick glance at ammoseek says:
.44 mag: 41 cents
.44 special: 32 cents, but then the next one after that is 40 cents

You might be thinking of 38 special to 357 mag.

I had been shooting pellet guns and 22 for years mind you, but the first pistol I bought for myself was a Ruger Vaquero in .44 magnum.

>You might be thinking of 38 special to 357 mag.
I could have sworn I heard the situation was pretty much the same, that people with .44 mags shoot spl out of them because the ammo is cheaper. I have a .44 mag revolver but never really looked into 44spl ammo myself, at least not in a long time

.44 special is not much cheaper than magnum in most cases. I've seen it more expensive much of the time, thank you economy of scale.

I strongly suggest getting a .357 before a .44 for cost alone, but also recoil. Hot .357 Magnum is nothing to belittle, it can and has taken all game in North America. If you're going .44 though, the Bisley Hunter is an excellent choice for the weight and grip. It's one of the most pleasant .44's out there.

I'm at 207 (6'1"), down from 265. Also at 1500, not quite OMAD (small snack in afternoon, 35% cream in coffee right after waking). Aiming for keto, but still fairly low non-fiber carbs. Aiming for ~185-190.
You're probably at the point where you have to just do a fuckton of cardio.

Yeah it kinda sucks because I can only run on my elliptical for ~8 minutes due to my asthma

Cardio doesn't need to be high intensity to work. Walking is as good as running over the same distance traveled, though running will get it done faster.

It's easier to manage recoil but no one shoots it so it's less common and more expensive

Asthma ? You are just a weak fag

I literally have asthma, no idea why anyone would lie about that

What the hell,OP? even kids can handle 9mm easily.

It’s not that it feels like a hand cannon or anything, it just twists in my hand and because of the stippling and hump, it hurts a little over time

Try wearing gloves

Plowhandle grips make recoil feel dramatically different. It's literally designed to make muzzle flip to reduce the wrist strain from high powered loads, and return the hammer to a position closer to your thumb for recocking.

>what are some tips to help with recoil/flinching
Dry-fire at least 9 times for every round you fire. Statistically, PDs in poorer countries in europe which can't afford live-fire training exercises actually have higher accuracy than those which live fire more often.

Also, since I think a .22 would be good to practice on to help control recoil, how durable/rust resistant are LCRs and SR22s?

In North America, cops (usually) aren't allowed to fire remanufactured rounds (especially hand loads), they have to file paperwork for every single time it's fired and they rarely have to take tests (think: once a year). Considering their job has them OC'ing every day... Let's just say I'm not surprised you have cops out here who can't shoot for beans. It's made almost difficult for them to practice.

Attached: better than NYPD.jpg (1000x975, 140K)

If you're doing target shooting with a .22, I would suggest getting something full-size. Longer sight radius will really help.

Right, but we could just be doing dryfire exercises instead. That's the point.

Fuck, get them airsoft. Pew pew at cardboard.