Tell me why PSA is garbage

I don't think they are but I'm curious why there is such a divide on the subject. On one side you have people that own PSA products, report that they run fine, are reasonably accurate, and are cheaper than an sks in 2018. That seems like a pretty good deal to me. Is it just that they're cheap and that triggers rich fags? Have there been QC issues? Whats the deal? Why not choose PSA over colt, aero, or bcm? if they are dogshit, then please explain why.

Attached: animoo.png (945x945, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/crdPv6nAQwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're okay but they don't have a chrome lined bore which is important for long term stuff
>pic related is mine

Attached: 0422180053.jpg (1600x1200, 453K)

nitride > chrome lining

Attached: 3417D335-D05F-47C6-97C4-9D3702031316.jpg (750x1000, 75K)

Because the /arg/ tripfags need to feel validated about spending $5000+ on a rifle that isn't that much better than a $1000 one.

Except we are talking about $400 dollar psa rifles here, not $1,000 bcm rifles.

whats the difference if they mare made from the same materials?
I haven't head anything bad about PSA's qc, so shouldn't they shoot as well as a bcm?

>I haven't head anything bad about PSA's qc
You haven't been listening. They're out of spec all the time. They're certainly better than Anderson but they're not produced to the quality of BCM or even Aero, and Aero isn't much more expensive.

Poor quality control. Sure, many of their rifles work alright, but many don't.

Many times, it's things that aren't readily apparent, improperly staked gas keys and castle nuts are very common. This is compensated for by overgassing the rifles leading to more recoil and faster parts wear. Many other things also tend to be out of spec.

>A glock is made from the same materials as a Taurus millennium
>An FN 57 is made from the same materials as a kel tec PMR-30.
I know, not really, but you get the point. PSA's issues come from quality control, machining, and finish rather than the materials they use.

They're overgassed, not super accurate (though good enough for a combat rifle), QC sometimes misses things (though they should make it right if they do), and sometimes they have some cosmetic defects. I would also avoid their rail systems since the only way those are attached is clamping onto the barrel nut and they can come off if the rifle gets hot, stick with the normal polymer handguard models to avoid this issue. Apart from those few things they are one of the best choices for a dirt cheap AR-15. Don't expect it to be as nice or shoot as smoothly or as accurately as a BCM or Colt or something but they do actually work. The goal of the founder of PSA is to arm as many people as possible for the lowest possible price regardless of profits.

If you are a poorfag or just want a backup rifle there isn't really any compelling reason not to buy one.
youtu.be/crdPv6nAQwU

If you've ever held a mav 88, a keltec sub 2k, a lot of Taurus offerings, that's the feel you get when you hold a PSA rifle. Something that feels like cheap, made in China recycled Tupperware and metal, with shitty but barely within spec tolerances. With sub par finish as well. They aren't terrible performance wise (if you exclude the bcg lmao) but they're a good example of a poor people logic niche product. Instead of saving/spending a teeny bit more on something like Aero, peasantoids will gravitate towards the acceptable bottom of the barrel, because long term thinking is simply out of their IQ capability.

Oh yeah always get the nitrided barrels from them. They have some that are just chrome moly with no chrome lining or anything going on in the bore. Nitrided is good to go though and fortunately they often have nitrided barrels in their ultra cheap sales.

First /lit/, and now Jow Forums.
Lads are being subtle tonight.

I love Aero for their receivers but Aero doesn't have anything even close to the prices of PSA kit rifle my dude.

?

It's literally a manner of saving like 1 to 3 days income to hit that difference

PSA isnt as bad as people want them to be thats why fags will always put them down.

Now that's a based image user

Tfw no 80s gf

^:(

PSA works. If you don't have an AR by now you owe yourself to buy a PSA kit and a stripped lower. Nobody else has ever came up anything close to a $300 AR-15 and if they keep getting better we could see a $200 AR-15 in our lifetimes.

How do Aero recievers stack up against Anderson?

Hail brother. Ck has lots usually.

They're better
t. first lower was an Anderson

REMOVE PSA remove PSA you are worst cheap rifle. you are the cheap rifle idiot you are the cheap rifle smell. return to Vulcan Arms. to our Vulcan Arms cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,Anderson we will never forgeve you. cetme rascal FUck but fuck asshole cheap rifle stink Anderson sqhipere shqipare..cheap rifle genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead cheap rifles..ahahahahahANDERSON WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww2 .DPMS we kill the king , DPMS return to your precious Century Arms….hahahahaha idiot cheap rifle and anderson smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE PSA FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. BCM+Colt+KAC+LMT=kill anderson…you will ww2/ stoner alive in KAC, stoner making arsenal of KAC . fast rape stoner KAC. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of stoner… you are ppoor stink cheap rifle… you live in a closet hahahaha, you live in a cheap carry bag

That’s some sneaky pony posting user

shh

Has Barneyfag finally left for good?

There is nothing wrong with PSA except slightly inferior finish sometimes.

are you okay?

Attached: you.png (420x194, 151K)

A staked Castle nut is NOT a necessity!

your average psa rifle off the shelf will perform better than a vintage colt a1
fite me

PONYFAGS REEEEEE

He misses threads all the time, including ones with literal ponies in the OP.

I've got five moderately gucci ARs, it's not a big deal to me to just save for a bit. I've got a buddy just out of high school who ain't got no money though and a brother paying off college loans. I've got older friends with families that live paycheck to paycheck and even a $300 PSA build stretches their budget. I love my fancy shit but I also want all of these people to arm themselves.

Much better. I am a big fan of the aero enhanced lowers in particular.

Well that's one mistake you can easily fix yourself. Hammer and a screwdriver is all you need.

The PSA rifles I have seen had good staking on the gas key.

I'm seeing two cheap m4 kits:
*Carpenter 158 bolt, phosphate and chrome carrier. Classic Enhanced M4-Style Stock with QD point.

*9310 steel bolt, nitrided carrier. Classic M4-Style Stock.

How does a nitrided carrier compare to a chrome lined phosphate? Is the difference in bolt steels a concern?

In terms of quality control for ARs:
ATI < Anderson < PSA < modern DPMS/Bushmaster/Colt < Aero Precision, BCM, Daniel Defense, old Colt

Aero is more budget than the other brands in its price range but as far as actual quality control within that budget range, they put out very few lemons

Maverick 88s are fantastic though. Don't lump them with that trash.

Spend an extra $100ish and just get one of the S&W ARs if you want a poorfag one that's okay. Or save up double and just build your own decent one.

This is bait

they just make ARs that are cheap and good enough for the average person. the only people who scream about PSA are just faggots

I bought a midlength kit from them and the flash hider was crooked. Other than that it was great.

Not even a little, sweety. I let some redditor shoot one of my handguns while at the range and he let me shoot his new PSA build. I was absolutely disgusted and my AR isn't even gucci.

>rape

PSA is cheap to the point that they frequently cut corners they shouldn't have. Nothing serious, the guns don't blow up or fall apart like, say, Taurus, but QC is lacking so you tend to see a lot of tooling marks and whatnot. That said, anecdotes from heavy users say they're durable as anything else.

I have PSA, and I have Gucci, and I don't think PSA was a bad buy. There's a lot more bang for your buck with PSA. It's nice to let my expensive toys be safe queens while I beat the shit out of a similarly configured rifle a tenth the price.

Nah, he just didn't make this thread

they leak your credit and have for the past few years. Their actual gear is *ok*.

Put that kinder egg away before the feds come for you

Impeccable taste OP. PSA is shit tho

Why would I ask some 13 year old to go steady with me?

>company dedicated to arming the common man for as cheap as possible
Based as fuck.

80s cheerilee is best cheerilee.

What are you, gay?

>going steady
Nobody says this anymore.

I never really had an opinion on PSA but I was aware of all the shit talking about them. I recently ordered a 20" AR off their site several weeks ago. I have since fired 850~ rds without being cleaned with ZERO failures. Not a single failure of any type. This is with successive magdumps included.

I have only ever used OKAY GI mags and a couple different types of ammo. so my test pool is restricted, but hell if 850 rounds without being cleaned and 0 failures aint reliable then idk what is.

Generally good budget shit. Will go bang.
That being said their QC is shit. Canted FSB and crimped gas tubes on the last two uppers I bought

850 rounds is hardly a torture test for rifles that should be capable of going into the 10's of thousands of rounds.
Generally speaking, with PSA rifles, they will wear and have parts failures sooner due to things like overgassing, low quality bolts/BCG's, etc. The problems take time to develop.
But for your casual weekend shooter it probably won't be a big deal.

I'm not sure about barrels and shit, but as far as uppers (stripped) and lowers it's fine, only about 3 companies make those parts, they just mill em out, then ship to another company who puts a logo on it and sells it or whatnot.

Forged, not milled

False, forging =/= manufacturing

>forged aluminum
How fucking retarded are you?

read a fucking book before commenting on a weapons board

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>Ford aluminum
Are you this autistic?
You dont forge aluminum.
Even the barrels are technically "forged steel" but the barrel isnt forged, the steel is, then a barrel is cut out/milled from it.
"Forged aluminum" is like calling any steak you want Kobe beef in the US, there's no legal definition, just a buzzword, they get an aluminum ingot, that was pressed to shape, that's cut, and chilled, some manufacturer buys some aluminum, and then CnCs or mills or out.
Lrn2 metal fab

>he thinks lowers are not forged
>calls others retarded
Pottery

>Something that feels like cheap, made in China recycled Tupperware and metal, with shitty but barely within spec tolerances.
All mil-spec ARs feel that way, dummy.

This is some next level retardation
>Forging aluminum is a manufacturing process where metal is pressed,or squeezed under great pressure.
That just makes an ingot, with aluminum there about 3 ways to make parts, MIM, "forging", and casting, MIM and traditional.casting make a brittle product, a forged ingot is about as strong as you can get the aluminum. Then that is cut to sellable pieces, and some AR guy mills out a lower on a lathe, or CNC, some other guy will CNC knife scales from it, and so on.
It's far different from a blacksmith forging steel into a sword or something you idiots.

after the Stone Age...
after the Bronze Age...
after the Iron Age...
comes

the Aluminum Age.

All those aluminum Smith's
Working on their anvils
Forging AR recivers

Until one day, a certain Master
By Elf-craft and Capital magic
Forged the most perfect AR lower
They named it
Andurilson, Flame of the West

Attached: anderson.jpg (1280x999, 265K)

Aluminum forging is a thing. It is different than steel forging. This is a raw forged receiver, prior to finish machining.

Attached: 7604raw_lower.jpg (400x217, 11K)

>That just makes an ingot
You can use a die, you mouthbreather.

PSA is garbage, the PSA build I had was sent back twice once for an untightened barrel nut, and for not being able to feed reliably so I sold it and bought a BCM, friend bought PSA ak and realized metal was shearing and if prolonged it could Chuck the dust cover through your face, PSA is trash

What's the average shipping time you all have experienced with PSA? I know they've been slow at times but have no idea what they are like recently.

And then what happens? Eugene stoner comes from heaven, and poof. All the excess is gone?
No, it milled you fucking mong.

I've had 2 complete uppers from PSA, various bolts, etc...
First was a 16in stainless barrel with the generic 13.5in (I think) mlok rail. It was heavy as fuck so I didnt shoot it much. Didnt have any problems tho. Traded it with a stripped lower for a norinco sks.
>guy wanted $500 for the sks
>I paid like $200 ish for the upper
>about $85 for the stripped lower
>win?

Second is a basic bitch m4gery upper with magpul furniture. Again, shoots just fine. About the actual upper and PSA's quality control:
>look at the forge mark on your upper
>many of them (not sure which brands) have a little keyhole shaped mark like my first PSA upper
>check the second upper
>its just a fucking blob sort of shaped like they key hole symbol
>but it's just a blob
>like weld spatter but you can tell what it was supposed to be

That's PSA for ya. And that was not from a "blemish" sale item, just a normal upper.
They shoot fine, but you'll find little things here and there that you absolutely will not find on other more expensive rifles.

It's still a forged receiver, dumbass.

>pressed into a shape
>forged
No. Just because they renamed and added a minor step to MIM, doesnt make it forged.

You are both retards. Forged is a term used by companies to indicate that the receiver was machined from a raw forging, as opposed to an aluminum billet. You shitbirds lost track of your original argument, anyway. Most of the lowers available on the market are machined from the same raw forgings. The surface finish and tolerances depend on quality of this maching, which is done by many different companies, rather than the original forging.

it's a humanized mlp character.

what about FN Herstal

Price isn't the end all be all for decision making. If you believe anything is "too cheap not to buy" you're financially retarded.

I feel like midwestern flyover fags say all these old phrases still.

>he wants to deal with the amount of drama inherent to 13 year old girls
What are you, a masochist?

Top jej

Not really. Maybe if we didn't have the internet.
t. Iowan

im glad im not the only user to notice

>rape

based and red pilled

I know

7 business days, and I ordered the day before Thanksgiving.