For what fucking reason are these beautiful things Military and Leo only...

For what fucking reason are these beautiful things Military and Leo only. It's not like I'm going to kill some motherfucker with these

Attached: Beauties.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

egun.de/market/item.php?id=6891531
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You couldn't afford them anyway.

they're not afaik, only prohibitively expensive

(more than the down payment for a fucking house)

It allows you to spot glow in the dark niggers easily

INHERITANCE MONEY MOTHERFUCKER

The technology is still top secret. Also, its a psyop that they let you see in the dark. All they really do is illuminate 4 legged animals, primarily doggos.

They're only sold by retailers who will distribute them to LE or MIL personnel. You can always try to find some that fell off a truck but good fucking luck lmao
That and they're a minimum of $40,000

understandable

enjoy your nerve damage

On sale on a german weapon auction platform.
Seller is a known trustworthy dealer of such rare goods.
Probably fell of a truck somewhere.

egun.de/market/item.php?id=6891531

> what is ITAR

It's to stop Russia from getting it... not like it stops Russians from getting anyway...

Attached: SSS.jpg (1285x668, 102K)

That's not what ITAR covers if OP is American

Because the company can only produce so many of them so fast and they want to make sure the people who actually need them get them first rather than a bunch of wealthy boomers on arfcom buying up their entire stock.

Yes it does. ITAR covers secret military technology

Attached: C5A32600-4F13-45EC-B83E-6E7E11982904.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

It covers export. Not domestic purchase.

Attached: 9E451297-6286-49F4-BFE8-339FE3C6DBEC.jpg (856x806, 212K)

My father used to work for Goodrich producing IR and thermal imaging software and he explained that ITAR is
Basically there to protect cutting edge military tech.

If the Russians figured out how to put a man in space they can figure out how to tape two NVGs together.

I'd like to see what the following points are because it *does* effect some domestic operations, such as gunsmiths or weapons manufacturers having to comply with certain legislation, but the actual materials it usually controls, such as NVGs, are highly controlled for export but mostly free for domestic business. What does the rest say?
Well, to keep it within the US. I'm looking through ITAR regulations right now and the big caveat is when it goes to any other country. People within the US can own most things covered by ITAR unless it is legitimately classified technology, they just can't export it.

Or let non-US citizens look through gen3 NVGs on US soil apparently.

They don't really care about who needs them, they do care about long term contracts (with included maintenance, repair and replacement) over one off sells to private buyers.

ANVIS-10s aren’t that hard to get, they’re on sale on will’s optics and multiple people already have them.

(1) - Are you at least 18 years of age?
(2) - Can you actually afford those?
(3) - If you replied "yes" to both 1 and 2,
briefly describe what job you have (i.e., electrical engineer, CEO of a small business, etc.)

Attached: 88c.jpg (680x719, 42K)

Never used night visio. So real question here:
How in God's name do you get a proper cheek weld and/or get good sight picture while wearing these dangly bastards?

those are Ukrainians

Risers

kill yourself

after you

Attached: samarasfinger-1.jpg (640x480, 41K)

I am a civil engineer and i got an inheritance from my grand father of 500,000 (He own a couple of small town shops in iowa)

Thanks

You need to diversify your bonds, nigga.

Seriously though, not a good use of capital.

Attached: Smiff Barney.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Limited supply. Only the best of any given run of tubes go in those, so there aren't enough to go around.

Nigger is right. For the same money you could buy PVS-14s for yourself and all your friends so they can watch your back.

There are some civilians in the US that own them. If you have 40k lying around and know a retailer that distributes them, they can get you some. They're really heavy, though, and most dudes just get dual tubes.

or use IR lasers

Use one that only covers your left eye.

Doesn't matter to US citizens
My private security training is ITAR restricted

To convince you to join the military, if they've got the coolest toys everyone will want to hang out with them. It's like playground logic.

MEME GOGGLES!

Attached: Yukari helmet 1490756179905.jpg (437x458, 73K)

I bet they're comfy. they look like they'd really make night vision feel much less like looking through some tubes

Attached: aww.png (267x401, 41K)

Blow 50k for a pair of nvg, you're not even gonna use them to kill?

>really really heavy
Literally no they aren't. Theyre light as absolute fuck which is why theyre running one off tubes and are 40k.

You can literally see the specs on TNVC.

>Russians
>able to field nods on a meaningful scale
>giving a one glowski 4 tubes
Lmao.

>civil engineer
>wants to spend inheritance on fucking meme goggles
Stop proving everyone right about how fucking stupid civil engineers are

By not selling them to the masses, they hope to forestall government regulation. All they need is for some chucklefuck to commit a murder while wearing a pair, and they'll have politicians so far up their ass the pols will need the company's product to see.

>some that fell off a truck
this is not the kind of shit that falls off a truck, there would be a full fledged investigation from whatever service's intel branch and the FBI if they went missing

Lmao they're legal to own. Only shit that isnt has mil comms and gps built into the unit.

GPNVGs are fucking gucci at fighting indoor but they aren't the tip of the spear compared to the fusion shit out nowadays.

Id be a buyer ay the 25k range but every unit ive seen has green tubes not WP. Not sure if it's a result of the miniaturization aspect ir what.

Realistically, 21s are sufficient unless you're absolutely needing the panoramic fov like on ships and shit.

Not really. If they are hard to obtain and are iconic they will only increase in value.

>not blowing his half million on a small town shop in iowa

>As of July 2015, the Army had bought about 9,000 ENVG-I and 16,000 ENVG-II units.
>23 trillion debt
>can only afford 25,000 NVGs

Where is all that money going USA?

>Lmao they're legal to own
I didn't say otherwise. I said that might change if an attention-getting incident were to happen.

It's sort of like how the ATF suggested that maybe smoke grenade manufacturers should stop selling to the general public, because if the ATF squinted and looked at the fuses sideways, they just might see a destructive device. Lickety split, smoke grenades vanished from the market. The manufacturers have no interest having the government taxing, licensing, and regulating them.

Both industries know where their main market is. It's not suburbanites. It's the government. The government is an ideal customer. You can cozy up to them and let the cash steadily roll in for decades. There's no reason to jeapordize that relationship, or cause costs to go up, just to chase a percent or two more sales to Johnny Q.

They're electronic technology. Their value is reduced to that of scrap after two subsequent generations come out.

>25k thermal fusion units that literal no nation sans a handful of SAS bongs have
>meanwhile 30yo garbage pvs7s are being thrown out to leo despite being better than anything our nearest peers and nearly every ally sans France and UK field in worthwhile quantity
Lmao did you get butthurt vatnik?

We own the night. Cry more.

>green tubes not WP
Probably something to do with WP being a sidegrade and not a genuine improvement.
>21s are sufficient
Cmon man, 15s and 31s are sufficient, 21s are a luxury item.

Honestly from my experience, the amount of peripheral view you get doesn't equate to the massive neck strain these things inflict over log standing usage.

If you were to go on a quick "op" or something like that where you had only a brief use of them then that's there preferred operating environment.

Otherwise for long distance movements or in the case of ROD you would probably want 31's WP.

>I have no substantiated proof I can proved to validate this opinion other than my word that I have a very in depth experience of using NVG's of different types in non-permissive enviroments.

>I use to refer to quad tubes as "spider eyes" to annoy my SL.

You don't.

You have an IR lazer which is only visible with the NVG on. so fancy hip-fire essentially

They're not it's really heavy and bulky the pros only use them for cqb and even then a lot them preferred the pvs31 which are the lightest bino on the market

I don't know shit about NVGs, why is he wearing 2 pairs of them?

Civvies can buy them
If you can afford to drop like $60,000 on them

>look through some sort of an pas sight when in the arm on the 240s.
>looks like bad black and white tv.
>no one steals them because they're the size of vcrs
>one fucking round of old pac2?pac5? no one uses goes missing and were closing down the base looking for it when im 3 units literally away
>they just counted wrong
>walked around all evening now chow looking for a never taken out of armory laser sight for nothing

jesusssss

Wider field of vision. 4 tubes arrayed in an arc is better than 2 pointed straight forward.

Was going to call BS on them being heavy again but I guess it's perspective. GPNVGs are only 27oz which is .2oz more than 21s. Apparently 31s are half the weight so now I understand where the GPNVGs are heavy meme comes from.

Still impressive given it has 4 tubes though.

Just buy some top of the line binos for about 15k, you'll be happy with it. Save the rest

So you want to spend about 10% of your inheritance on NVGs? Are you going to wear them in your new Cadillac Escalade with 30 inch wheels?

This is now a NVG thread, white phosphorus gen 2 tubes worth it?

Why are NVGs so expensive to begin with?

>WP gen 2
No they're shit and you can get gen3s for the same price.

The only poorfag setups you should consider are sketchy 1200 to 1400 gen 3 pvs7s from ebay or high tech rednecks monocular which runs 1600ish.

Realistically if you cant afford pvs14s i wouldny bothet as youre too poor to own competentto gain competency with them. Besidrs, you immediately need to add 8p0 for even shitty chibk ir too.

interior
crocodile
alligator

WP is a gradient change to reduce eye strain which means shit gen 2 tubes will still be shit. The part to focus on is UNFILMED which increases light gathering capability.

See TNVCs video on it.

Own property to become competent*

Fugg phoneposting pleb

They aren't. Most of Jow Forums could afford them it's just that very few gun owners have an interest in shooting. Most just hoard shit to hoard shit. Look at all the "collection" threads with a dozen 500 dollar guns. There's NVG or hell even a shooting class right there.

>Gotta get that dopamine fix from buying the latest gun each month though!! >Classes are a ripoff!
>digital nvg will eventually lower the cost to my impulse buying shit I wont use threshold!!

Yeah I mean it's all relative, but if your out there for 6 hours on a BP in the prone or something it can start to put some serious neck weld into the vertebrae.

4 tubes and that weight is impressive, the 31's just do it better. Side note I liked the 31's for there full angle out of view while being deployed.

very useful when trying to operate a long range weapon system that has its own NVG optic and still maintain some situation awareness (which arguably is a weird situation that almost no body would be in, but its nice all the same.

This
Luckily you can get some exceptions and exemptions if you have credentials from a closely allied country and just ask the state department to file an exemption for whatever course or training you want to take. $200 fee though.

INVEST HOLY SHIT
YOU COULD BE BASICALLY SET FOR LIFE

Hell, dude, you can't even buy a kevlar helmet.

Invest that shit my acquaintance of African American descent. Seriously, do it. I will personally reach through your screen and bitch slap you if you piss away something like a $500,000 inheritance on stupid shit.

This.

It depends on if you run a mono-tube, dual, or quad, if its dual or quad you just run Infrared lasers on your gun and aim for the laser, if you run a monotube then you can use a high-mounted red dot or optic.
it definitely takes training/practice to not bang into that shit and to aim just for a laser, and its cool because the entire beam will be visible on the IR/NOD spectrum device

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 12.42.20 PM.png (381x360, 243K)

you don't have to be MIL/LEO to get them, you just have to be rich, and it doesnt hurt if you have MIL/LEO friends or are involved in SWAT training and things of that sort.
They are kind of a meme tho, its just incrementally better the more tubes you have, like your field of view in mono-tubes is like 70 degrees, duals its like 80, quads is like 110
so its not magically 40,000 times better, its just small incremental increases in field of view, it just so happens that when we want to stomp hajis in krygiskmanistan that we want the absolute best we can possibly have. any nods will be more than sufficient for civilian use.
and they arent MIL/LEO only, they just fill those orders first, they are HEAVILY restricted...But not impossible to own as a civilian.
there is one rule i saw on the TNVC site that its felonious to let someone who is not a US citizen to even look through the tubes. You can find them around if you know where to look and who to ask.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 12.49.03 PM.png (506x349, 165K)

They arnt restricted from owning only from export keep looking

correction
mono is 40, dual adds a slightly overlapping 40, and quads are 97. Shit aint that much better, but its better for the guys that actually need that minute upgrade