For me it’s the 1851 navy colt

For me it’s the 1851 navy colt.

Attached: B54CF43A-CE1B-4E6A-9C46-8B97A3299518.jpg (1866x770, 254K)

Are the Pietta repos any good? Heard there can be problems with the brass.

Just get an Uberti.

nice but the 1860 army has better curves

Attached: colt_army_mod_1860.jpg (800x348, 41K)

And a hideous fucking loading lever that looks even worse on the sheriffs model.

hmmmfuck
can't unsee

This is probably the sexiest cap and ball pistol ever made.

Attached: 87D86A10-6F9C-471B-945E-790D656D4A7C.jpg (859x506, 248K)

Goddamnit Dad, We've talked about this before.
We both know you don't have the patience required for the black powder and that stupid conversion is pure runny shit.

They're great until they start igniting the powder in all the chambers. Brass frames: not even once.

It's pretty Kino.

Literally.

Attached: Img_kino.png (527x778, 70K)

There was this guy at my range who had a brass framed .44 Navy that he would load with all of 10 grains to "keep it going strong." I bet the ball would be skipping across the ground at about 100. How hard is it to spend a bit more for a steel framed piece that won't warp itself into uselessness after 3k rounds for fuck's sake.

I wish I had one.

Attached: 20181209_154310.jpg (2576x1932, 1.28M)

Damnit, I knew that $200 price was too good to be true.

Cartridge master race. Got this Uberti on Saturday, and spent Sunday evening making a holster for it.

For cap and ball though, it's kind of hard to beat the 1858.

Attached: 20181216_214546.jpg (776x1040, 111K)

Beautiful holster user. You should have made a DIY thread for this thing.

Too bad anons a damaged fag in a dress, cool gun though. I guess homos can have good taste.

Didn't seem worth making a whole thread just for a holster.

Patrician. What barrel length did you get? Got a quickdraw cattleman in .357 myself.

5.5" in .45 LC. I was hoping to take it to the range at some point this week before driving to my family's place for Christmas.

>For me, it's the FAMAS. The best bullpup rifle. I even ask for extra proprietary magazines and the MAS factory is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
>One time I asked for a NATO-compatible magazine and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the MAS NATO coordinator laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".
>Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three magazines. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local armory, I go there at least 3 times a week for matching drill and a PT exercise, 1-2 times for shooting drills on the weekend, and maybe once for combat ops when I'm in a rush but want a great gun that is high speed, low drag, and can remove my daily quota of Islamic militants in Mali.
>I even have a bipod on my standard issue rifle, it's amazing! What a great rifle.

Attached: famas g2 the greatest gun ever made.jpg (1024x483, 52K)

Somebody talk me out of buying a cheap cap and ball and doing a Richards-Mason conversion to 38 short. I have a source for the proper .375 heeled bullets at $8/100.
I also don't really trust the cylinder so instead of straight reaming the chambers into it I might ream the existing ones out as much as I can without clearing the cylinder notches and green loctite in a few pieces of an FAL barrel I bought for 5 bucks.

There’s a gun that I forgot the name of, it looks like a low poly model of a 1911 and it really tickles my pickle
The original was better desu

The conversion cylinders suck? I was considering one for my Walker

I don’t think that loading lever is usable anymore

how long would it take you to put 3k rounds through a blackpowder firearm
jesus the time spent reloading alone

ck go home

Protip: Cabelas has frequent sales on steel frames. Got an 1858 for $220 earlier this year

Had one, the trigger spring broke the second day I had it just from turning the cylinder. So many people have had the same problem so they made a kit for it instead of fixing the problem.

Get a Uberti, Pietta is shit.

I could manage that in a few years. Then the gun is toast or I could spend a bit more and have a revolver that will be shot by my grandkids with no issue.

Had that trigger spring issue too on mine

Shoot five cylinders' worth every weekend and you'd hit 3000 within two years. It sounds like a lot unless you shoot with any regularity.

>better in every possible way including looks
How can Coltcucks ever recover?

Attached: RGS44-1858-new-model-army-inox_25.jpg (1624x674, 141K)

Cap & ball revolvers are pure sex.

Attached: 1510032267337.jpg (1518x2150, 340K)

the three rule of pietta
1) Nipples are consummable
2) Colt loching tab can be a consumable

3) No brass frame on anything over .31 and closed frame .36
4) rare models such as starr/lemat needs to be checked before buying and may require grinding stuff out

otherwise they are excellent alternative quality wise when compared to uberti and cylinders are waaay less expensive and don't get me wrong I have ubertis as well..

I still own
pietta "navy" .44 steel bluead frame 1K rnds 10yrs
pietta steel sherif model 1858 (yea I kno not historical) =>changed nipples and mainspring bc lighter one
Pietta steel blued 5"5 sheriff 1858 (5yrs 500+ rnds => same as navy

i also Owned an used brass frame 1858 "buffalo 12in thingie, got it for the spare cylinders, >showed some stretch marks;
>shot 5 of 15swissfffg once
>then shot 50 with 30gr bc increments are for fags (std loads for steel 58)
>stretched it out even more then broke mainspring
>cylinders still in specs barrel OK
> Kept the cylinder and exchanged the remains to an old timer that made transformed an old corroded Tingle pistol into a 12in cap & ball thompson contender

pietta rem 1863 .31 mini 58 brass frame
>no issue with brass frame
>gun listed as .311
>.315 are too small
>actually slugged .321 in cilinder 318 in barrel
>only shot it two times with 323 soft lead buckshot slightly
>17gr fffg
>no group in sight past 10m
>sold

Pic related is muh ole 1887 (1893)& 80ies Armi san marco walker I nedd to change the locking tab for.
already shot 15 45gr loads shit

Attached: POTATO.jpg (3264x2448, 2.52M)

I'm thinking of getting a colt walker repro, even though they have the latch issue. AFAIK you can fix that with a file and some patience, besides.

Anyone have any tips or warnings? This'll be my first BP firearm, but I'm a pretty experienced shooter otherwise.

clean your nipples

I've never had any issue with my latch though

>clean your nipples
Sounds good. If I had the means, would there be any reason to not remove the wood off the gun, put the remaining components in an ultrasonic cleaner full of mineral spirits or some other material that won't cause rust to the firearm, and then easily clean off with a towel and run some patches through? Seems like this would be a lot easier than the normal method for proper BP cleaning.

whats that stock pokin out from under the blanket

Nope, that's how I do mine.

You can find steel 1851s for $200 fairly commonly. Just wait for the sales.

So do you just do that like you clean the rest of your body, or is there some sort of special method? I just use a normal moisturizing body wash.

On top is an original 1851 Colt Navy carrier by an ancestor in the Civil War (and was even at Sand Creek) and the bottom is my reproduction by Cimarron.

Attached: a5iHxwh.jpg (1500x994, 393K)

> even though they have the latch issue
Unless you go for 60gr. loads that won't be an issue. 40gr. seems to be the optimal charge, and my charging lever has handled those no problem.
>Anyone have any tips or warnings?
Uberti screws suck dick, make sure you get a well-fitting flathead before you muck about with them. Also, use plenty of lube.

Attached: WP_20180714_004[2].jpg (3072x1728, 2.76M)

Nice. Cap and ball revolvers are pretty sexy.