Best option for home defense if I have young kids and don't want to ruin their hearing...

Best option for home defense if I have young kids and don't want to ruin their hearing? 300 BLK subsonic seems cool but I suspect it might be a meme. Assume I am willing to pay cuck tax for a silencer.

Attached: pocketS2.jpg (700x598, 209K)

9mm subsonics out of a pcc.
Has better noise reduction and less chances of overpen than 300blk

suppressed pcc

Attached: 1492686325557 (1).jpg (720x421, 107K)

22 pistol

> inb4 that can't hurt anyone!
Yes, it can. Especially if you pepper them with a few center mass which is not too hard to do with a 22

22 is super deadly if you can ricochet the bullet around in the skull though. turns the brain to mush.

An mp5sd type gun would be a bad choice of pcc,
it has a ported barred intended to get light bullets below the sound barrier.
The same is the case with the Apc9 sd.
A non ported-barrel type intended to be used with 147gr ammo would be preferable, or a 45acp model (like the APC45-SD etc.)

Attached: 9MM-SD-Barrel-2-1.jpg (600x399, 22K)

Nice. Scorpion or ar 9?

firing an unsuppressed AR in your house a few times isn't going to permanently damage anyone's hearing, let alone a 9mm.

Honestly what other anons said. Suppressed 22 with a fuckhueg mag to dump or a suppressed pcc. I'd do 45 because it's already subsonic and the stopping power meme.

Get a suppressed Uzi in .22 Mossad style. Home defense shooting thst doesn't even wake up your sleeping family.
Perfect

This meme

What the fuck is this retardation?
1. What are the chances you will have to fire your weapon in a home defence situation? 1/100,000 or so
2. How many rounds will you fire during it? Statistically 2
3. Do you think 2 rounds will damage someone's hearing? Most big game hunters dont use earpro at all
So my question back to you, are you fucking retarded? Or just autistic and felt compelled to make a thread for no reason?

>bullets ricocheting in a skull
That's not how bullets work kiddo.
They will follow along the bone though if they lack the energy to break through it.

Unless your expecting a Beruit-level engagement at your home dont worry about the ammount of sound your gun produces. You can mag dump any popular handgun round and you wont cause any permanent hearing damage in your average home defense scenario. Maybe if you have multiple and regular shootings in your house near your kids then you should worry about getting a suppressor and subsonic rounds, OR you could just fucking move to a safer neighborhood!!! I would bet if you kill one or two thugs during a break in that word would get out on the streets that MAYBE you aren't as soft a target as they thought and they should kick down the door of the liberal, Prius-driving cuck down the street because he doesn't have guns to defend himself. Just a thought...

fuck off and die normalfag

>tiny pistol
>long ass suppressor

Attached: tropas_RSI_Giovent_Italiana_del_Littorio_03.jpg (867x1156, 548K)

I have never understood this. If a pack of Jamals is invading my house, the last thing in the world I'm going to worry about is anyone's hearing.

Dude every fucking gun is going to ruin their hearing. Even sub sonic rounds are super fucking loud

12g had my head ringing. that shit wasnt fun. rethought my hd gun after that

I had an ar 9 that I sold and I have a scorpion with a folding arm brace. I prefer the shape and feel of the scorpion. If you have a brace on either of them you might be fucked if you have to use it depending on where you are but I think it’s worth it. My scorpion sits in my middle drawer locked and loaded on safe

A .357 levergun loaded with .38s

Do you retards not keep a pair of earpro by your HD gun? Why the fuck would you be shooting indoors without them?

>Sometimes in the house!
>Hold up Jamal, need to stuff in some earpro
>Walk downstairs totally deaf
>Jamal walks up right behind you

Congrats user now you're dead and he has your gun

I do. Would still recommend a PCC loaded with subsonics, although it's not like an AR loaded with frangibles is bad either.

wait, you dont get fully dressed in your BDUs and throw your full kit on when you hear noises at night?
obvious pleb

>What is electronic earpro?

Suppressed PMR-30

Don't forget the safety glasses! You can never be safe enough!

>stuff in some earpro
Retard confirmed

>still trying to pretend elec earpro isn't good to have in an HD shooting
Here noguns, bring a hasguns friend over, fire some rounds off in your shared studio and see how well you can hear and react after that.

Hi guys

I have produce a handy dandy chart of all the things you should put on if someone is breaking down your bedroom door.

Thanks

Attached: Strip-Out-Solutions-PPE.jpg (945x626, 290K)

I'm not saying hearing protection isn't awesome. I'm saying when I have seconds until someone is getting ready to kill me, my hearing isn't what I'm thinking about. Are you dense?

The problem with electronic earpro is that you have no spatial awareness. Yes, you can "hear" but determining where a sound comes from is damn near impossible.

I've checked on bumps in the night with my muffs on and I was spooked. Girl next door was tapping on my window and I did a 180 before I located what the noise was. If she would've had a gun I'd be dead.

Suppressors are extremely valuable. My problem is I hate to leave them out of the safe.

hello newfag

>not getting the .22 meme
I suppose it's good that went over your head, otherwise it would have ricocheted around in your skull

>I have never understood this. If a pack of Jamals is invading my house, the last thing in the world I'm going to worry about is anyone's hearing.
This right here.

Why stop with the earpro? Better put on your plate carrier too. Maybe some tactical gloves to protect your hands. Don't forget the eye pro as well. Personally, I keep a full bomb disposal suit next to my nightstand. Don't forget the gas mask either, you never know if Tyrone and his crew will be packing Phosgene.

If your house can't hold someone out for the 2 seconds it takes to put on earpro, you should probably fix that.
Hmm, I'll try testing this tonight

The problem is that we can't tell if you're an idiot who actually believes the meme, or if you're some kind of retard who thinks posting the meme is funny.

Thats why you put things up before you leave. I've mentally tied putting my nightstand gun away to brushing my teeth in the morning. When I brush my teeth the gun goes in the safe.

You do brush your teeth right user?

It's inside

On a semi thread related note how do i learn to sleep lighter? Ive always been an extremely heavy sleeper to the point ive had people use airhorns next to me and slept through it

In addition to your gun, get a big ass dog too. Make sure it's good around kids but has a big, loud bark. It'll scare off most problems while at most causing a headache. If you wanna be really quiet you could also go with crossbows or large caliber airguns, if you can deal with reduced stopping power and slow reload. Has the advantage of not being as scary or valuable as a gun and usually requires a good bit of strength to use if you don't want your kids messing with it.
.300 blk isn't a meme but it's been known for overpenetration at times. I'd say your best bet is subsonic .45 ACP hollowpoints out of a suppressed PCC or even a pistol. Take a look into the DeLisle carbine sometime, probably not too practical anymore in a world of semi autos but it'll give you an idea of what to look for.

These are good points but there's nothing wrong with wanting quiet shots, they attract less attention and if you live and a place with liberals or basketball americans they can reduce your chances of feds or robbers following a shooting. Though it's entirely possible that the robbers will have guns too so in that case it's pointless to have a quiet weapon. Perhaps the ideal setup for you is a suppressed PCC with an underbarrel sbs like a masterkey, MASS, or whatever that new one is called. Might be heavy but you'll have a quiet weapon and a loud heavy one if you feel the need.

A lot of this depends on the situation and external factors. I've found if I'm in an extremely stressful/unfamiliar/dangerous setting, a pindrop or even a shadow moving will wake me up (you don't sleep with your eyes perfectly closed
Make sure you're getting enough sleep and a healthy diet, that should help.

Some people may not want to hear this but I'll tell it to you straight.
Your average person on a jury thinks suppressors are assassins tools and are for murderers. You don't want that kind of trouble in court when defending yourself.
You may be able to explain it away but it doesn't matter, even if they learn a thing or two about suppressors in court it will unlikely sway their decision. It's one of those things people are ignorant too even if they know the truth because it's a scary object
Your hearing will be fine without one, yeah it'll be loud but unlikely to cause permanent damage. auditory exclusion is also a thing when adrenaline dumps and will help some.

>he doesn't take the suppressor off afterwards so it doesn't get "lost" in evidence locker

You're wrong, suppressors get used a couple dozen times a year justifiably. It's not a new thing.

>yeah it'll be loud but unlikely to cause permanent damage
I have neverending tinnitus from 3 rounds of 9mm, fired outdoors. Please stop talking out of your ass, newfags will believe you.

Literally anything suppressed will be fine. Your ears might get a little bit of a knock but in a different room several feet away the dropoff will be within safe ranges.

Try it.

Post guns faggot because you are so full of shit.

I have had guns go off inches from my ears before getting earpro on and I dont have that problem. I have magdumped supersonic 5.56, 7.62x51 and even .357 sig and 5.56 out of 7 inch barrels without ears on and I dont have permanent damage. Literally starting your car with the radio up causes more damage

You have to be a complete fucking Richard to say you have hearing damage from 3 rounds of 9mm. That or youre some faggot European who only ever shot once in his life. So stop spreading lies. Tbh its faggots like you thats accelerating the rotting of this place who have nothing relevant to conversations.

Also
>post some of these fantasticly real cases that you know so much about

Attached: 20181218_090940-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.53M)

Can you show me the statistics of 25+ cases per year of civilians in self defense scenarios using suppressors? Can you even point me to one example of a recent one where they got off free and clear without some sort of manslaughter charge or them taking a plea?

>I have magdumped supersonic 5.56, 7.62x51 and even .357 sig and 5.56 out of 7 inch barrels without ears on and I dont have permanent damage
Not him, but... Yeah. Yeah you do.

Yeah i get an average of 4 hours a night and eat like shit so thats probably really bad for it. Thanks though

>>I have magdumped supersonic 5.56, 7.62x51 and even .357 sig and 5.56 out of 7 inch barrels without ears on and I dont have permanent damage
Not even subtle bait

if you're buying a firearm with a suppressor because you really think you're going to be in a situation where you're going to have to use it to defend your home, move to a nicer neighborhood.

Would a Glock with one of those Roni shells do alright for this?

22 Lobotomizing Round (LR)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you definitely have brain damage

Attached: 1518916591740.png (669x514, 25K)

>I don't have permanent damage
retard
>starting your car with the radio up causes more damage than guns
Is this bait?

But for real just in case you aren't trolling, try doing a hearing test. Your high frequency hearing goes first, and the frequency range at which you can hear steadily drops with each shot.

Also here's my guns faggot

Attached: 15386984254150.jpg (1955x1100, 1.25M)

samefag

I don’t understand