Any sidearms that fire rifle rounds?

Any sidearms that fire rifle rounds?

Attached: GUEST_264dfbbd-052e-4143-addf-8cb4f7b12696.jpg (488x488, 15K)

yeah just get the .50 BMG Glock

Depends on your definition of sidearm and definition of rifle rounds.

I think a lot of people have trouble wrapping their heads around the fact that force and stopping power are not the same thing, pistols rounds have a lot less force but they generally have better close range stopping power.

Something like .223 and 7.62x39

What about 5.7x28?

Attached: FN5701.jpg (1737x1179, 429K)

>I think a lot of people have trouble wrapping their heads around the fact that force and stopping power are not the same thing
you're correct. People also confuse energy and power. They confuse strength, toughness, and stiffness. They have a poor grasp of physics in general.

>> pistols rounds have a lot less force but they generally have better close range stopping power.
Perfect example.
No round has "force". That is a nonsensical statement. They do, however, have kinetic energy and momentum. It's also absurd to suggest that pistol rounds somehow have better "stopping power". While "stopping power" is difficult to define in real-world terms, the majority of the time a rifle round has substantially higher power by nearly any measure: momentum, energy, Taylor KO Index, etc. Unless you are deliberately slanting the competition by comparing a .22 Long Rifle with a .500 Magnum revolver then generally speaking the rifle round always wins.

>Any sidearms that fire rifle rounds?
Plenty of them. AR/AK pistols. Remington XP100, Thompson Contender and Encore, the Magnum Research BFR revolver, etc.

I'll rephrase OP's dumbass question.
Are there any pistols that shoot rifle rounds?

there are others too
Magnum Research Lone Eagle aka SSP-91, Freedom Arms model 2008, Remington 700 CP, Savage Striker...

Attached: S8Xxo.png (1783x515, 355K)

if you shoot straight through a guy and the bullet keeps on trucking what was the use of that extra energy, user?

Attached: 40103.jpg (475x250, 20K)

There was zero use of it. In fact, it was wasted, and is potentially hazardous because it might strike an unintended target.

I'm not sure what your point is. I didn't claim rifle rounds were any better than pistol rounds. I said they were more powerful. That isn't necessarily "better". Learn what words mean.

Pass-thru usually a problem of bullet choice rather than the round in general. Stop shooting small targets with hard bullets. Use HPs or similar for thin soft targets.

Okay. Now define sidearm.

>No round has "force". That is a nonsensical statement. They do, however, have kinetic energy and momentum
Bullshit semantics. Pistols have better stopping power because they are larger caliber (on average) and do not usually over penetrate.

Something like a Glock or a Colt 1911

>>Bullshit semantics
No. Using words correctly is far from bullshit.

>Pistols have better stopping power because they are larger caliber (on average)
So would you rather get shot by a "big" 45 ACP or a little .308?

>>do not usually over penetrate
That's a matter of bullet choice, not caliber.
If I shoot a person with a .45 FMJ it's going through them. If I shoot them with a .45 HP it's not. Same with a .308.

Closest I can think of in a pistol similar to those off the top of my head is the AMT Automag III, which was available in .30 carbine.

>Quoting everything I say, using reddit spacing, and trying to sound smart

Faggot

>>can't carry on a logical discussion
>>better start deflecting and throwing out insults

Attached: 014FFE44-4A00-4E1C-B86E-2470C1430CD1.jpg (1750x1050, 142K)

>tfw to intelligent to not be a huge faggot

Attached: 479x269.jpg (479x269, 13K)

Heizer makes this in both 7.62x39 and 5.56 NATO.

Attached: PAK1-762x39.jpg (700x525, 132K)

Reddit posting is between every sentence. Those are separate statements and responses.

This would be a better example of reddit posting.

Like carrying the same idea but for some reason spacing it out with that extra tap of the enter key.

It just doesn't make sense or look correct and is hardwired into reddit posters because of their formatting.

Do you understand now?

shut the fuck up nigger

I wasn't even the user you're talking to; but when people go on about 'reddit spacing' as a defensive use of a buzzword it's really silly.
You look so stupid.

Attached: 1506404135869.jpg (720x960, 54K)

>Ressit spacing

God damn I love this shit. No quicker way for a newfag to out himself. It's literally the best thing that's happened to Jow Forums.

Attached: laughing-animals-26.jpg (530x334, 30K)

tho this probably is what OP is looking for dont get one of these, they are god damn awful. just the worst thing you will ever shoot.

if you are even remotely interested in something like that just get a nice bond arms derringer.

Honestly any handgun caliber will be fine, as long as its not going off right next to a new borns head. i remember my dad used to shoot trap in the backyard and that fucking 12 ga was loud but it never did any damage to any of us

Kindof retarded to use unless your "sidearm" is just an SBR version of your main strapped to your back.

Attached: 1402016767486.jpg (576x1024, 468K)

Found the r*dditfag.

Obrez Pistol (Legal Cut Down Mosin)

Based obrez poster

>imagine being autistic enough to ignore Newton’s third and believe in meme theory
Let me guess you believe one political party is the only correct way, finance a 35k truck to a jew out of your 25k salary, have an incel kid with a bowlcut, and carry a S&W shield

Attached: 2CD31B93-E843-4179-A0DD-ADCB2B9EB726.jpg (1024x576, 52K)

Guy with little understanding of physics here, but wouldn't the energy transferred still be greater than a pistol round that came to a complete stop? I mean I know the idea is, you want to translate all that energy into tissue damage if possible, but just because a .45 uses all its energy and comes to rest in the body doesnt necessarily mean it has caused more damage than a rifle round? Theres all those close range wound pictures from ARs that looks nasty as fuck, and I've seen videos of people just walking off pistols. I'm curious what the mechanics are that cause rifles to be so much better at one stop shots. Cavitation? They tear apart gel blocks way better than pistols as well.

again the example of reddit spacing is and this post as well Please try to contain your stupidity.

Attached: 1500913906090.png (583x418, 216K)

Attached: contender.png (1024x1024, 96K)

found the retard

If the polymer-cased telescoped rounds ever catch on, we will be able to fit intermediate-rifle power rounds into normal pistol-grip magazines. The 5.56mm round here, for example, is 1mm shorter than 5.7x28mm rounds. Though for short barrels, something a bit wider would be better, i.e. a .300 blackout equivalent.

Attached: downloadfile.png (845x634, 319K)

lol what

Yeah, a shitload, look for .22 long rifle pistol.

>but wouldn't the energy transferred still be greater than a pistol round that came to a complete stop?

That's impossible to answer without more information. It is certainly possible that a rifle round which went thru-and-thru delivered more energy than a handgun round which stopped in the target, but it would be impossible to know without having some kind of ability to measure. If we had a chronograph set up and we knew the velocity and mass of the bullet exiting a body then we could calculate which did more damage, the stopped pistol round or the thru-and-thru rifle round.

>> I'm curious what the mechanics are that cause rifles to be so much better at one stop shots. Cavitation? They tear apart gel blocks way better than pistols as well.
Everything is "higher" for a rifle round. Energy, momentum, KO index, etc. But the fact is that "stopping power" is an extremely complex phenomenon that depends on so many variables that it's nearly impossible to quantify. And of course shot placement is huge: a .22 that hits the spinal cord will drop a person faster than a .500 magnum to the guts, even though it's obvious that the .500 magnum would be doing more tissue damage.

>body then we could calculate which did more damage

Whoops, meant to say we could calculate which transferred more energy into the target, not which "did more damage". "did more damage" is entirely predicated upon shot placement.

I'm just wondering if the consensus is that rifles are just objectively better even at close range. Again, anecdotal and not a scientific approach but, pistols seem to be, what you see is what you get. I've seen countless videos of people getting shot and gel rests where the expansion is just unimpressive and the resulting tissue damage is just the nice straight hole. AR through caused the wound to split open beyond the direct path of bullet travel, the expansion was violent and rapid, it just seems like, well like you said, every number was bigger.

Attached: 600 nitro express revolver.jpg (1024x723, 104K)

Yes, there is no contest really, rifle rounds are better.