/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

SPQR edition

previous

LIEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LIEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1517003142161.jpg (1736x1336, 252K)

First for don’t know what to spend GI shekels on.

brand new camaro ss and an 82 inch tv

I said I didn’t know what to spend it on not that I’m retarded.

do you have a Roth IRA account? TSP savings? that’d be a good start, may as well start saving now.

Talk to a financial advisor like Charles Schwab or Edward Jones. Put that shit into CD's and mutual funds, get paid additional money for beating your cock.

Should I shave my pubes before boot camp?

FRIENDS! ROMANS! SENATORES! It is time we introduce common sense control of arms within these city walls. While forbidden are the weapons of war like SPATHA, PILUM and all manner of GASTRAPETHES, the plebs still, and with ever more increasing frequency, carry PUGIONES which at times seem to want to rival the common legionary's GLADIUS in length.

If I just want to do one enlistment and avoid niggers as much as possible, which job would be best in USMC/Army?

wheres the marine medic MOS? i cant find it

Coast Guard
Navy Corpsman

a job in the air force i'm looking at requires getting Top Secret clearance, what does that entail? What do you have to go through to get it?

Attached: 1483760106403.jpg (1894x1636, 541K)

adding to that user's question, if you go for a job that requires a security clearance and you lied at MEPS about a scar you got from having a potentially malignant mole removed and said it was a childhood injury instead how fucked would you be if they somehow found a medical record of it during the investigation?

They are mostly asking about your criminal history. The MEPS documents will be the only medical information they’ll look at if you don’t give them a reason to dig deeper

If you want to be a medic for the crops you need to be a greenside Navy Corpsman.
The investigation just covers criminal history, which they would have most likely known one way or another already. Only time your MEPS will request your full medical documents is if something isn’t adding up.

Do your family and friends get phone call interviews for a secret clearance?

gotcha, thanks fellas

>air force

Also anyone in the RAF here? Do you guys call officers by their full ranks like Flight Lieutenant 'x' or Wing Commander 'x', or do you just shorten it to just Lieutenant 'x' or Commander 'x'?

Attached: k68wmn5chs121.png (720x719, 361K)

Yes. I got a call for a friend's. I was out of the country so they asked me no questions and just went to someone else.

Any Navy stories? What are some general pros and cons of it?

>want 19K
>But have braces
>They don't come is until June
>Recruiter shows me a 19K class with a January 26th ship date
>$16,000 bonus
>81 unfilled seats

I'm getting these bitches off next month like my life depends on it

i want to join but the only thing im concerned about is being a homosexual. do gays get ostracized in the military and are they treated differently?

Even though it technically isn’t a thing anymore, don’t ask don’t tell. Apply that to everything, odds are you wouldn’t want to fuck or get that close to too many of the people you’re deployed with anyways. Aside from that you’re just another dumbass of an officer or pissant of an enlisted.
t. bi

Navy vs Air Force for jobs that aren't all that physical? I mostly want to be a linguist or do something cyber or intel related if I don't pass the DLAB. Having a hard time deciding between Navy and AF, especially because Navy offers some nice enlistment bonuses and AF recruiters doesn't seem very eager.

Don’t know what references to put on the NASIS.

Attached: FD1F8658-E77D-4185-8BF8-A54B0F34D030.jpg (466x500, 47K)

I asked last thread to no avail. I've got two goldfish about nine inches long and two years old. I want to join the Army but I don't know what to do with my goldfishes. I called the aquarium and honestly the guy abused me over the phone so I don't trust them.

discord link?

I dropped out of high school a few years ago and have been stuck working retail jobs. Will any branch take me without a GED or diploma?

you can still join the Marines im pretty sure, you'll fit right in too

Cool, thanks friend.

am i autistic for only considering airborne infantry, given that im a brainlet who doesnt want be stuck circlejerking in the motorpool or office all day. i know its gonna suck to some degree... right anons?

also this peacetime shit is depressing, given if i was born 5 years earlier i could have actually done something. and god only knows when the next serious combat deployment for boots will be

Attached: 1494740903566.jpg (1145x761, 325K)

What's the average ship time for 18x these days? Few months?

Why not try for the HIGH SPEED shit?

No that's wrong. You're a nonserve. Stop giving away false information here.

I'm sorry, how is that wrong? and who the fuck are you calling a nonserve faggot what's your branch and unit

Airborne infantry is for pussies. Scroll up senpai.

My eyes being meh are the only thing keeping me from trying, and the idea of MEPS as a whole is scary.

You are giving away false advice and then trying to act like you are in the military. You are the lowest kind of scum. Fuck off

still not explaining why I'm wrong and dodging my question. looks like you're the nonserve LARPing faggot here buddy

Anyone have questions about ranger school?

Attached: 28A44F81-ADB3-4768-BC62-8FB9CF53D65C.jpg (1125x856, 542K)

You moron you're wrong and now you're trying to act like I'm the one that's lying? Shitty people like you ruin these threads.

Besides night land nav, what's the hardest part.

>your wrong
>your wrong
>im not wrong
>stop trying to frame me!!!
oh no, it's retarded

Yeah, that's what I said and that's what you're doing, and I'm the retarded one? Go away troll.

> waiting to go to hotel after taking ASVAB
Let’s hope I don’t fail MEPS spectacularly boys. That personality test sucked by the way

nigger holy shit you are so fucking rtarded. Are you a woman? You sound like a woman

dump them off on some family or friends. but 9 inches is fucking long... maybe find another aquarium. as for joining the army, just talk to a recruiter they will sort it all out.

>Are you a woman? You sound like a woman
Found the incel
>>>Jow Forums
Go stink up their threads.

>am I autistic
Stopped reading there. Yes.

Land nav is the easiest thing there. The actual land nav course at the beginning has so many ranger trails you have to be a mong to fail. And the night movements for Darby, Mountains and Swamps are either relatively short or on a road.

For me the toughest part was the rain in mountains. It rained for every single day of FTX. Everyone was chaffed to shit and it got to the point where everyone was duct taping watch caps to their dicks to be able to keep moving. Thankfully my parents did not sell my foreskin to the rabbi so I didn’t have to deal with that, but even just the general chaffing was horrible.

>unironically using the word incel
alright you're a troll im done here
and im right you can join the Marines

Any Army here? Should I sign up for the new blended retirement plan? I'm a doing a 4 year contract, might Re-enlist once more, doubt I'll stay in 12 or 20 years. I also have almost next to nothing saved for retirement from my previous jobs. Later 20s, not some fresh out of high school kid.

Attached: FB_IMG_1545109989981.jpg (1080x1440, 91K)

Is the Irish army good? Do you have a non-zero chance of seeing action if you join the rangers or something? How tough are the requirements?

Attached: Irish-Army-Ranger-Wing-brandishing-their-weapon.jpg (1024x680, 555K)

Just finished infantry OSUT. I wish I was in the new 22 week cycle because the training I received was kind of BS. The final FTX was a major disappointment since it amounted to learning three squad movements and stupid patrol base ops.
Am I gonna get better training at my unit? I feel like what I got could be taught to 14 year olds at a summer camp.

USMC slightly more white on avg. but don't get your hopes up. Typically special forces and "dawg that shit too crazy" MOS are more white. But don't get your hopes up.

A lot of waiting. TS sounds spooky but it's basically like getting a background check that takes a few months.

Everything about the military is homosex.

You'll probably still deploy.

If you're doing the full 20 the old plan is better. If you're doing less, BRS is better.

>I feel like what I got could be taught to 14 year olds at a summer camp.
Yup, you're in the Army.

I cannot, my family was tragically killed in a motor accident a year or so ago. As for friends, there's only my neighbor, however, I saw him befriending raccoons and I fear for his mental wellness. I could not in good conscience rely on his aid.

Quite stuck, maybe.

Hey /Meg/ I bombed the Depth Perception test twice about two or so years ago. This is in spite of the fact that I had an Aviation Flight Surgeon verify near perfect Depth Perception on the test he administered. Apparently I didn't blink enough on the machines.

It, I think more than my stutter (Which locked me out of aviation jobs, and few other things), was a main reason why the recruiters left me out in the cold age 20.

I'm on the verge of getting my AA Degree (Dragged my heels on it, but getting out debt-free by next fall). Can I go to another recruiter in another branch (I originally tried Air Guard) and get another test? And should I get my Bachelor's first, or go Air Reserve/Army Reserve/Guard first?

I'll take fish user. I already have two tanks and a lot of experience handling the little guys. What state are you from?

>befriending raccoons
Wtf?

Sounds about right. 22 weeks sounds pretty dope though, might have to think about that.

Is your neighbor DinoTendies? Lol.

am i retarded for choosing a combat position in the US army over a paid firefighting position at a local station?

I'm mainly looking to join the army for the adventure and action and to get out of my lazy life but i have a brother whos a tank mechanic and he says that all the grunts do during peace time is sweep floors and its dumb as fuck

advice?

Attached: 1512165397747.jpg (226x223, 16K)

My wife always wanted to fuck a fireman. Want to meet up somewhere?

If you plan on doing 20 or more, stay with Trad

If you aren't, swap over, then dump as much as you can in to TSP or whatever.

Something something Army will match your contribution so it's basically free money but you won't get that sweet retirement fiddy percent. I'm not an expert on this but hopefully you know someone who can tell you more about it. Isn't there some AKO/JKO or something you have to do about it anyway?

>adventure and action
Your brother is right. There is only manual labor, menial labor, paperwork, and combinations of all three in the army and it's way worse for combat arms.
If you make good money in a job you love (or at least tolerate), you can take vacations to cool places every now and then and do fun shit. There's your adventure. If firefighting is a good career, you have the potential to face real crises. There's your action.
But the military can get you college money, so maybe it's worth it. I forget if the firefighting MOS' are worth a damn in the army.

I asked this earlier but got conflicted answers and it is not clear...
I dropped out of high school a few years back and am stuck doing retail. Will any branch take me without a GED or diploma?

Lmao dude you are a cuck

I'm an airmen

Pro: good base locations
Con: stereotyped as gay, despite getting most pussy on average

Illinois, if you are close please: followup, I will try to lurk in the meantime.
Yes, it is jarring. He must've been feeding them for months. Sometimes I walk over and catch him petting the beasts. He says I'm jealous of the majesty of King Coon (raccoon). It must be the fattest, meanest raccoon I have ever seen. I suppose friendship does not come cheap.
Sorry, I don't know him.

Sweeping floors with the possibility of shooting something maybe once? SIGN ME UP!

>provide three people who know you well and preferably live in the US
>can’t be a relative
Guess no security clearance for me :^)

Is there a way I can talk with some presently serving pilots?

So ive got a severe shrimp/shellfish allergy thats on my medical record and army recruiter said he cant get waiver for it, CG recruiter basically told me to fuck off and that the navy wont go for that either, but ive got this marine recruiter swearing he can get me in but idk if its true, hes retarded, or is just blinded by his hard on for sign on bonuses he gets. I dont wanna go through the application process again just to have my dreams crushed once again. Is there any hope?

What is being mechanized infantry like (Particularly in an Armored BCT)? Do you roll around in Strykers instead of M113s now?

Is it “easier” than being light infantry or airborne?

Attached: A0AE490E-B6E6-4B2A-BBC1-FF1A160F92AF.jpg (1200x800, 185K)

You just sweep with a different patch on.

Haha, look at this guy over here. He thinks that regular airborne doesn’t just sit around doing jack shit all day. Even if you do deploy you’ll be doing gate guard for the only people actually doing anything in the forever war.

It’s not 2005 anymore. If you’re not sof you’re not doing shit.

>It’s not 2005 anymore. If you’re not sof you’re not doing shit.
implying were going to have to wait much longer for the next war

Is it possible to transfer to woft before finishing an enlistment contract?

Which of the special forces has the best people, as in guys you would trust with your life?

Attached: 1544037070376.jpg (678x960, 129K)

>tfw diagnosed as assburger even if it is a little bullshit
>tfw can’t do anything about it

Attached: A89541B8-67D9-44E7-B169-192FEDF25D1C.gif (381x512, 533K)

If I have autisim and went to special Ed classes I can still go to the army or Navy right?

Attached: Dollymakura.png (1203x1072, 353K)

anyone enlisted in the french foreign legion? can you tell me something about the initial selection process?

Attached: 8735B1C6-FFC5-47CE-B02B-4E2B82E52286-18079-0000099B2E9FBCA1.jpg (1024x631, 160K)

Meh, not really. It depends on your unit. I deployed to Afghan last year and we were attached to an SF ODA in an op in northern Afghan. The uniform was ranger panties, tan shirt, crocs and plate carrier. Our sister battalion pulled turf and tower guard the whole time while only my company and another in my battalion got rotated out of Camp Dwyer and actually took contact. We had a couple bronze stars, tons of purple hearts, silver stars etc. We took contact, returned fire, were ambushed and went on mission countless times. Conventional infantry does do stuff man. Even if you don't go on mission, being infantry in say Camp Dwyer is the shit. Tower guard for 4 hours and do nothing but get big and eat. Much better life than garrison. I miss being in country so mjch.
Disclaimer: Now we're in garrison I hate my life and can't fucking wait to get out

Yeah man, you will get much better training in your unit. It'll be less gay and a better use of time but still gay. When you get to your unit, don't ever, ever mention basic training stories or "back in basic" type shit. It's cringe and makes everyone want to beat you. You better learn the basics of patrolling, battle drills, weapon systems etc because your team leader and squad are going to quiz you on this shit.

I seriously fucking doubt it, just live off of government gibs

Dont die

wut

It's going to suck but not in the ways you think it will. It's not going to suck as in you'll be tired, cold and hungry after valiantly fighting off a company sized element of Chinese
Like you'll be a private lounging in your room on a Sunday night at 7pm then get a text message by your squad leader saying he is sorry but needs you to be on a support detail for another company for 6 days and for some reason, everyone else has appointments so you're the only hope. Rehab your ruck, you gotta take an lmtv out there at 0400

not him, but shut the fuck up.

What's IBOLC like?

Just got my AFOQT scores back and my recruiter said theyre looking good, submitting my package tommorow and then I wait to see what happens. Ive been worried this whole time that my 2.7 GPA would fuck me in the ass but its looking like i have a shot to be an Officerfag. Hopefully i get to fly sum drones.

The Marines take guys that are otherwise unqualified to serve. I knew a guy who smoked weed the night before MEPS, pissed hot, got shouted out of the Army detailers' office, and as he was walking out, the Marine detailed welcomed him into his office.

im a lazy faggot who sucks at cardio but am in perfect shape to do so, i dont wnat to fail rasp and washout into a leg unit, would rather be a flying boot by choice then tryout for things if i feel like can stay in extra years

i mean i never assumed that airborne infantry was any different then leg infantry. they just jump out of planes. regardless i dont have the confidence in my psychical capabilities to go option 40 or anything high speed at this moment, given my mediocre running ability ( mostly my fault for being lazy and not considering the military up until a few months ago)

Attached: 20271977_1931675527088976_172436840_n.jpg (750x741, 52K)

any SOF

sounds like any other infantry unit, which was what i was expecting, im just planning on doing four years and keeping myself in shape and if the opportunity arises ill tryout for rangers, or SF if i can somehow learn a new language

Attached: w3NRnD8.gif (500x225, 988K)

Do 3. Fuck four. Ranger Regiment and SF are completely different animals. The majority of kids going into that have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Those guys are absolute rockstars of soldiers.

There is a difference. The difference in soldering between privates in a leg unit and an airborne unit is immense man. Any NCO who has been in both will tell you so. I'm not saying airborne 11b are all rockstars (they aren't) but something about being a double volunteer (a lot are triple from 18x/opt40 duds) that plays it's part compared to leg units who get privates that couldn't score high enough on the ASVAB for anything else. As much as I hate to say it, airborne school is an OK gatekeeper for guys who are total shitshows ( can't pass the PT test or fall asleep in class for instance ) as well.

In my unit, we do not run much. At all. However, most of us can do 5 miles in 40 minutes easy with the average probably being 36-38 minutes.

Needless to say, everyone in an airborne unit hates jumping. No one actually likes it. It's immensely gay and a colossal hassle. We just pretend to like it because it sounds cool.