What are the best and worst brands of ammo?

What are the best and worst brands of ammo?

Attached: remote.jpg (848x477, 43K)

Test them and find out, some work better in some guns.

I like Remington green and white box

Ok then, how can you tell good ammo from bad?

I mean which ammo is more accurate? Which makes the gun dirtier faster? Which one has more failures that could be attributed to the ammo?

Think about it

Best 45 Auto imo is S&B. I mean, assuming we're talking about range ammo and not ultra premium defense stuff.

Attached: bestS&B.jpg (2000x850, 425K)

Depends on your gun, bullet weight, barrel length, etc. Foreign cheap steel case ammo is usually the dirtiest. Same for WWB.

The best way to pick good ammunition is by smell. The cartridge should have a sweet, slightly musky scent. A good cartridge feels heavy for its size.

Tula ammo

Big fan of Fiocchi, love their 142gr FMJTC 357 load. In general I find their stuff shoots clean and hot.

That's really good advice user. I've always been told that i should knock on the side of the bullet and listen to how it sounds

To each their own, there's no one correct method.
That's just the one I've found to be the fastest and most successful for me

You really need to specify which caliber to get that answered.
Otherwise, this . That's the only way to get any concrete results.

Really open question. It's very application dependent, which merits are important to you, and whether your individual gun likes it. Even the same model gun might like different ammunition.
Is it handgun or rifle ammo? Normally you look for accuracy a lot more so with rifles

So i like to shoot a lot of cowboy guns. What .45lc would you suggest? Ive been getting American Eagle because its been on sale

I always use taste, it's more reliable because sometimes the box makes the case smell. I can pop 5 rounds of 9mm in my mouth and know exactly how good they are. Waxed cases are the worst, they taste like salty milk.

I love Tula and Wolf. $180 per case and it's all I ever run in my NPAP

I put my tongue in the jhp hole of my self defense loads and keep each magazine loaded with only similarly tasting bullets for consistency. You can get a full 7 round mag normally in about 50 rounds.

Blazer Brass for 9mm unless you want a steel casing then go Tul, Bear or Wolf. I dont like shooting steel casing in handguns because I feel that it makes they way to dirty and the real price really is only 1¢ to 2¢ cheaper at most than brass casing ammo.

Hope you are being ironic. Came here to post that the steel case Russian stuff is more reliable than Remshit brass.

>hur hur muh slavshit hur hur
Unironically came here to say as long as you use anything thats not Russian steelshit youre gonna make.
Looks like youre not gonna make it.

only ammo i've ever found to be really shitty is winchester 22

Thanks Paul!

I bought a box of this because it was 20 cents cheaper than tula and for looking like it was dredged out of the bottom of the ocean I have only had 1 FTE.

Attached: Adequate Garbage.jpg (1000x1000, 210K)

i've got a lot of FTF shooting this stuff, too much friction between the bullets

i lubed them before shooting another time and they worked ok

I usually go with Atomic Ammo. The only issue I've ever had using it with my nip 1894 was rounds occasionally not chambering because I was working the lever too vigorously.

I put some S&B bulk 9mm into a glass of water for 7 days and it still fired after that. is that a good benchmark?

Attached: mm.jpg (850x651, 364K)

I really like PMC.

no, why would it not work? all center fire ammo is water tight dood

works in my glocks, glocks, bhp, and beretta but doesnt work in sigs, taurus, and highpoint

Best: Norma and Lapua
Worst: East Bloc steel cased shit

this.

Best powder - VIHTAVUORI

Attached: poorfags cannot into lapua.jpg (450x450, 24K)

When it comes to rifle ammunition I'd say that stuff like Hornady, Lapua and Norma are probably some of the best you're going to get from factory, at the cheaper end there is stuff like Prvi of course, but it's not something you bring when it really matters.

Too bad their .357 FMJs feed like shit in my Rossi 92.

cringe post
kys mutt

Never buy tula shit unless you like cleaning guns and shooting out barrels.

Wolf gold is basically milspec m193 556 for 27 cpr. It's the best there is for habbening ammo.

Golden tiger is the best ak habbening ammo.

Have fun with your underloaded slavshit faggo lmao

Attached: 1521426062320.jpg (600x486, 34K)

I like S&B for my slavshit when i'm not shooting steel milsurp.

My durr gun gets a steady diet of winchester super x.

Otherwise i get good results with basic bitch federal stuff, even in my finicky .22

PPU for my Schmidt-Rubin and M1 Garands, Fiocchi for literally everything else. Shotguns, handguns, rifles, doesn't matter. I've had really good luck with Fiocchi, so I don't see a reason to switch now

The only firearm i own that eats this shit well is my gen 1 highpoint carbine

Unironically my own reloads unless it's slavshit.

Have you ever used American Eagle M1 Garand? I picked some up but haven't used it yet, curious as to how it stacks up.

And before someone asks, yes it was specifically loaded for M1s

Best: What works with your guns and is priced at what you can afford

Worst: All ammo that doesn't meet above requirements

remington seems to be the most inconsistent ammo ive tried, across multiple calibers. its also usually the most expensive per round.

5.56 PPU is THE best for the money. It's priced on par with the cheapest brassed cased ammo, but is much nicer. Notably cleaner, nicer, and more accurate than wwb and federal.
.45 auto PPU as well, more accurate than the similarly priced competition.
9mm I have had great results with WWB 124 grain NATO.

I only buy Federal if I can I hate most others.

Remington core lokt hunting ammo is the absolute worst. It's priced a expensive as everything else, but the cases and bullets are always extremely blemished, poor BC, and "ok" accuracy.

Building my first AR, picked up the superlative arms adjustable gas block. What is the softest super sonic ammo i should use for gassing it?

thanks hickock

youre over thinking what the loads are for. theyre for guys hunting inside 300 yards that want decent expansion at a good price. They're the cheapest thing on the shelf here

No, all I've ever used is PPU and some Greek surplus ammo. I've got a case of Norwegian surplus ammo prepackaged on clips in bandoliers that I am reluctant to use, as it's corrosive.

Worst ammo: Blazer Brass. They use small primers in their .45 ACP? Why? Because fuck the reloaders, that’s why. It wouldn’t be so bad if Blazer shooters kept it to themselves, but some of their manlet brass inevitably gets mixed in with other people’s brass and jams up the works if they didn’t inspect each one.

I like to pop a few rounds in my butthole and see which ones make it tingle

>I use a large pistol primer because they don't make an extra large pistol primer

Fucking 1911fags.

here's the common ones I've used ranked based on how i feel about them

RUAG/Dynamit Nobel/GECO
ST Kinetics
Hornady
CCI
PPU
S&B
PMC
Magtech
Federal
Fiocchi
Blazer
Remington
Aguila
Winchester
Barnaul
Other Wolf brands besides Barnaul/Tulammo

tulammo was supposed to be at the bottom. also Wolf Gold is outstanding

Hornady has above average quality, top tier politics, and above average customer service. I carry their stuff for any critical applications like self defense or dangerous game.

Speer is another top option, but avoid the gd2 bullets.

Some more "good enough" brands are Federal American Eagle, Federal Premium, Winchester, Remington, IMI, Prvi, S&B, Wolf Gold, Geco, Blazer Brass, MEN, Hirtenberger, Golden Tiger (this is only sold in one place but is the only duty-quality ak ammo you can get right now).

You should avoid FedArm, Stryker, and all other reloaders. Also avoid Winchester Forged, Tula, Wolf, Magtech, Herter's, ZQI, Federal Independence, Blazer Aluminum, and anything from a small boutique company.

Accuracy is nice but your health is worth more than any gun. I recommend extremely strongly that you chose a practice ammo with TMJ bullets and non toxic or less toxic primers. Especially if you shoot at an indoor range.

God bless America. Always remember the four rules of gun safety. Good shooting brother

you can get federal 556 for cheaper now with the rebate. once the rebate ends, doge gold will be best again

These lists are mostly bullshit anyway because we have no idea how you think or if you think the same way every day.
Some /prg/ people desire 1000 yard ammo, some people want to shoot a lot of acceptable quality ammo for cheap, some want to hunt which mostly takes place inside of 50-200 yards where most anything is accurate enough by a long shot and human error is the main factor.
And the list could go on.

disgraceful

99.9% of .45 brass is for large pistol primer. Run through a progressive press and that one shitty small primer case that made it in fucks up the works.

Ditto 9mm and 357 mags.