>start him off with my glock 34
>he's clearly scared of the whole thing to some degree
>chick leaning so far back it looks like it's gonna give him scoliosis
>gets the worst slide bite I've ever seen
>from a fucking full sized glock
I legit didn't even know that was possible without trying

>be me from Arkansas
>go visit family in Texas
>brother in law, 12 year old nephew nephew and me go over to brother in law's grandma's land in Oklahoma
>we shoot guns
>i bring out my mosin nagant with spam can of ammo
>brother in law gives the rifle a try
>he fires it one time and then puts it on the table (he was just curious to see the recoil)
>nephew, ironically enough like to spout russian memes and shit. Held the rifle and was literally afraid to fire it
>15 minutes later i go over and i taje my finger and press the trigger while he did not see it untik the rifle went boom
>it hit his shoulder and he was spooked by the rifle's sound and recoil and says it hurts
>i take the rifle and reload it and i shoot the rifle
>200 rounds and bunch of destroyed targets and logs destroyed by it later i put the rifle aside
>we all go eat brother in law's grandma's dinner then head back home
>spend half night cleaning my rifle
>i go back home in Arkansas

Good times.

>Kahr CM9
>"Wow, it kicks a lot for a gun with a short barrel!"

Attached: 1544480477991.jpg (583x640, 89K)

seems like you're a shit teacher

Fellow Arkansan checking in

Attached: 1455653687761.jpg (940x771, 145K)

>They complain that my P365 has alot of recoil.

Attached: 043AF150C77841D081C9FE92432F69473799000005515BC92927.png (600x474, 6K)

Yeah seriously, great way to turn people off from guns is by being too stupid to show them how to hold them correctly

This is unironically the case in like 96% of these greentext stories. So much BS can be avoided by simply not being shit at instructing new shooters. Like OP, how many fucking times does someone need to burn their hands on your rifle before you figure out to warn them not to touch the barrel?

>Take girlfriend out shooting
>GF is 5'10"
>Have her shoot my .44 mag with cowboy loads
>"user it has too much recoil!"
>just start crying as I paw the full power loads in my hand

On AKs the whole front trunnion gets hot as fuck though. It's why you see sandies holding their guns by the mag in combat so much.

>"Hey, it jammed!"
>Take a look
>"No you just had your palm on the bolt catch, the bolt is just locked back, don't do that"

Attached: vecter.gif (650x477, 218K)

the sad part is that I literally tell them to keep their hands on the wood and they don't fucking believe me when I say they'll get burned if they don't

My brother refuses to wear gloves when shooting his ak because they look "autistic" burns his hands sometimes but still refuses to wear them.

>barrel sweeps my feet and insists on one hand limp wristing
>immediately posts my 92fs on his Snapchat frauding like he knows guns

):

Attached: 927B80BF-EACE-4CD6-999F-44CC46CA91B5.gif (327x200, 1.54M)

>bring DYEL friend to range after he asked about guns
>start off shooting 5.45 Vepr
>he shoots with dindu accuracy
>slowly start actually hitting a target but bitching about how much it kicks
>5 minutes pass
>still bitching
>sees me pull out my 45-70 trapdoor
>"hey that's a cool old musket user, can I shoot it"
>explain that the bullet weighs like 5 times as much as 5.45
>he doesn't care
>fuckit.jpg
>gun somehow flies off bench when firing
>Fudd range officer pissed AF
>"Fuck that hurt. Why did you let me shoot that user?"

Attached: 1y4uo.jpg (200x200, 11K)

Happened with almost every person I let shoot my vector.

can anyone update this meme please?

Let someone shoot my Martini Henry. He only own a AR and is a pussy when it comes to recoil. It was fun watching him loose his footing and fall on his ass. Fun times.

what causes people to be like this?

I am not a large person and yet I have never had any trouble with shooting very large calibers. it's just recoil, it doesn't hurt. what causes people to be so terrified of a little push?

My mom's cousin came to visit from Turkey and she insisted I take him shooting. He fired 34 rounds on my CX4 Storm and got bored. He made school shooting jokes the entire time along with mentions on how you could murder the entire neighborhood with my "arsenal".

Attached: 1488561862293.png (568x454, 367K)

Almost seems like a flaw in the design.

Not sure, I started on big calibers. 7.7 jap being my first and 577/450 being my second. Maybe they are just told it's too much and they are scared of it?

Put the stock w/ a 3 inch gap from your shoulder and impact it into your collar bone.

Is he a muslim?
If so, I'd be worried.

But why would you do that? That's not the proper way to hold a firearm.

If you hold the gun correctly the recoil will not hurt you at all.

He's an atheist

I made sure when that guy shot my Martini that something like that would not be a issue.

Maybe still worried.
If he starts wearing dusters or trench coats, I would pay some more attention to him.

Lack of experience

He's nearly 60 and has had arguments with me in the past on gun ownership

Attached: f0a.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

>take 22 year old cousin to my local indoor range
>whole car ride he's super excited talking about how he's actually going to get to shoot guns from his fps games
>we arrive, I'm a member so he gets in for $5
>get him setup with plugs and electric earpro
>we walk through the first set of doors where there is a lobby you can watch people shooting
>he legit starts shaking when he hears the gunshots even through the basically sound-proof lobby
>open the door and enter the range
>he is glancing around and jumping from the guy shooting an ar next to us
>start setting up
>he fucking throws up on my bookbag and then jogs out of the range
An Ro came over and asked if he was ok. I said it was probably nerves and he hands me some paper towels to clean off my bag. Left and found him in a cold sweat buckled over in a chair. Told me he had a panic attack from the gunshots echoing through his body. Dropped him off at his house and went home.

Its the only way children learn

Attached: 7uEX6r8.jpg (788x1920, 385K)

>take dad shooting, going through the arsenal
>AK, pretty uncomfortable and shit (understandable, it's an outdated design made for double digit IQ Russian manlets)
>AR, way too fucking loud (the brake does make it nasty)
>sub compact 380, throw it in a river (DAO mile long trigger pull is not for everyone)
He liked the rest though. SKS is almost universally loved I swear.

Should have said that first, he's just a old fart who likes edgy jokes. Nothing wrong there really.

*Oops, read that wrong.
He's is what I said up there. But a boomer faggot for thinking that.

No, you can just tell someone to hold the gun correctly to begin with. That's what I do. Consequently my friends do not get injured nor are they afraid of recoil.

Haha Haha what the fuck. The noise can get to me too, sometimes. He is either legitimately autistic and had a sensory overload or he associates gunshots with violence due to excessive video games and psyched himself out.

your family genes are weal af and must be culled

He just tries to get a reaction from me which I didn't give

Attached: 1489540374868.jpg (640x496, 45K)

>AK
>Outdated
Wrong
At least he likes SKS.

>take friend to range
>he insists on firing Garand because memes
>say fine, let him have a clip
>he can't figure out how to get it in and nearly gives himself Garand thumb
>load it for him
>BANG BANG BANG
>nothing is even on target (~30 yards)
>PING
>clip nails him right in the forehead
>says he hates guns

Took some Japanese exchange students shooting recently. I got them shooting tight groups on paper in less than 15 minutes. You just suck.

Ah.
Tell him Serbia is a better country.

>clip

Attached: judenspotted.jpg (600x534, 80K)

You didn't show him how to operate a weapon he's not familiar with and you're astounded that he's not familiar with it?

You can't fool me, Hitler.

Let a Japanese Student shoot my Arisaka type 99 once. He loved it and lamented that he could not have one at home. Felt sorry for him. At least he got some action with his nations history.

He's moving to Canada and I don't keep in contact with him

>Moving To canada
That's pretty much enough to mock him already. Yes Hitler, Garands used clips.

He owns plenty of guns, but there all boring shit like an AR and a Glock. He insists he only owns them for home defense and dislikes them otherwise. I have no idea what's going on with him.

Good man. We wanted one to shoot so the three of them could try it. They tried pretty much most guns though. I'm looking forward to taking them to BLM land soon. Also the Japanese love aimpoint.

>Ruger 10/22
>"THAT GUN IS TOO BIG I CAN'T POSSIBLY SHOOT THAT THE RECOIL WILL DESTROY ME"
>Subcompact 9mm handgun
>"Ah now that's more like it, a tiny little mousegun with no recoil at all! I can handle this no problem!"

Attached: 6908922-6451891-image-a-11_1543764427748.jpg (634x426, 40K)

A good portion of the Turkish side of my family have moved to Canada

Attached: 193.png (1225x850, 463K)

It felt breddy good letting him shoot. Bet they will enjoy it. I also let him Shoot one shot out of my Nambu type 14. But I only had two rounds left, so one shot for me and him. He liked it I think, but really didn't get enough shoot time to make a decision.

jesus

Attached: 1511360101179.jpg (1120x1043, 74K)

if he is that sensitive to noise he might unironically have autism, sensory overload is one of the major symptoms

Figures, it's easy to get in and get gibs.
Are you full turk?

how expensive/accessible is Arisaka ammo these days?

this has happened several times
>take coworker shooting
>teach them basics, how not to shoot himself or me
>hand them glock so they dont worry about safetys and decockers and other scary assault features
>they limp wrist it every time
>"yeah I never thought they would jam so much"
>physically demonstrate not limp wristing vs limp wristing
>they continue to limp wrist
>invariably make some comment about how mass shootings have as high of a kill count that they do since all guns jam

$2 dollars a round usually.
I reload so it's nice and cheap. But it's still not the cheapest on earth. 6.5 Jap, Not sure really. Don't have one.

newfag

*It's easy enough to find online. You will not find it in a store, except a milsurp store maybe. Might have some old norma ammo for cheap.

No. My paternal grandma has had family here since the Revolutionary War and my paternal grandfather's family immigrated here from Prussia a few years before WW1.

Then how do you have family in turkey?

Also the guy is rich so he isn't going there for gibs he just hates Erdogan

Kek, let people shoot my mak and 4/5 times they cut the web of their hand

thanks for reminding me why I don't let one of my brothers in law touch my guns

>taking an aimed shot every now and again
>feeling relaxed
>decent groups or at least making each shot count in some way or another, enjoying the destruction of whatever I shot or whatever
>"mind if I shoot your ak?"
>"Sure"
>POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP click
>there goes the rest of my mag, should have known better.
This is why I don't EVER take a bunch of extra mags with and leave them in plain sight when he's around. I always fake ammo poverty.

Attached: 1305578802662.jpg (256x200, 25K)

Well, standard handgun calibers can be pretty snappy for the uninitiated, especially if the recoil's exaggerated by the distribution of force through the small frame.

Attached: 1545000713596.jpg (1307x1334, 262K)

That's my father's side not my mother's

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (626x417, 30K)

Seen people get slide bite bad from my Radom p-64. Don't give that as a first gun to shoot!

I bet this was posted by a millenial

Ahh.
Nah, Just a tired 30 year old boomer who got home from work.

But I think the blood gives the mak power

Rolling

True, the Slavic steel requires a blood sacrifice.

Rolling.

What? Is a bolt action and a little WOO PIG SOOIE not good enough for you, BOY?

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

roll

noguns retard spotted

Attached: 1338370682225.jpg (551x551, 60K)

Rollin

kek

Kek. Next time you should try explaining him how recoil works on big guns with tiny bullets... just saying

The entire gun is a flaw in the design

Works for my machine

>taking friend shooting garand
>clip ejects
>sticks in between tin roof and rafter
>spend 10 minutes looking for houdini clip

A bad experience can turn someone away from something for life. This soap box you prop yourself up on by being "better" by setting someone up to fail is disheartening. A real shooter would encourage and teach without literal handholding, wanting their love of firearms to help grow in another who clearly wants to try but is apprehensive. Being a dick and being able to chuckle to yourself at how "better" you are because you've never made a mistake is a sure way to get someone at the very least not like guns, and at the worst hate guns.

Handguard vents will still burn you if you aren't careful.

Fear is a hell of a drug. Certainly does not help when you .

>Why would they do that, that's wrong?
Do they know that? Probably not, tell them before you hand them something large.

didn't and look where that got him.

Fuck, retards that do that always make me angry. I mean, if they're able to hold a decent sized group while doing it, fine I guess so long as they don't do it so much they cook my barrel, but that's never the case for people that just magdump.

How'd you end up finding it?

You never bothered showing him how it was done in the first place, irrelevant if he owns a completely different firearm.

Attached: Bait1.png (2500x1645, 148K)

Rollercoaster tycoon

I do, it doesn't matter to their tiny noguns brains though.

First time I shot a Glock it had failures every other shot because I limpwristed. I guess I was the noob, but damn what a piece of shit lol. Guns should always function when you pull the trigger.

>Go to range with my C308 and others
> similar aged guys next to me, accidentally hit some with brass 6 lanes over.
> say sorry, he’s cool and says “getting hit with brass is part of the experience.”
> I offer him a mag to shoot through the C308
> I tell him that whatever he does, don’t put the front of his check on the forward rising part of the stock. The recoil is a bitch and it’d hurt bad.
> He loads it up and smacks down the charging handle and says he feels like an African warlord, spot on.
> Takes one shot and then hands me rifle, says his front cheek bone really hurts.
>tell him I warned him, turns out he heard the exact opposite of what I said because of the loudness.
>laugh it off.

Attached: 67168BC8-2249-46FD-8A08-11E12D291240.jpg (3412x1920, 2.39M)

I take new shooters to the range all the time. New shooters are actually my favorite kind of shooters. I really enjoy teaching them how to handle guns and put some lead downrange effectively and without injuring themselves (or anyone else). On the way to the range I lay out the four rules and then quiz them relentlessly until they can recite them verbatim. Then once we get there I take them through the whole process from loading the magazine to clearing a jam before I even let them handle a loaded weapon.

Some of my favorite memories are of people a few lanes down walking over and telling my 'students', "I've been watching you. You have a good teacher, he really knows what he's talking about. You two enjoy yourselves now."

Teaching new people how to shoot is how we keep this whole thing alive, it's not a dick-waving contest. Take your time and make sure your padawans are comfortable. There's enough anti-gun noguns retards in this world, and it's all we can do to make certain that the people we have direct contact with can learn from our experience (sometimes bought with bitter and embarrassing mistakes, at least in my case, certainly) and flourish as the freedom-loving, gun-having citizens God intended them to be.

rrroll

honestly, this. I am pretty thankful for the range I have access to, because if I go on a weekday, it's fucking empty. Plenty of time to take earpro off and just talk it out before going hot.
>female shooters always get a bullseye with 1st pistol shot, even at 25 yards
>tell them they're going to miss the next shot
>they do
>make them dryfire 5 times
>bullseye
>miss
>fryfire
>bullsye bullseye
>miss
>dryfire
etcetcetc